Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Papes posted:

Full blown rbbc? They gave Wilkins nearly every carry and only brought Hines in to pass. Wilkins showed nothing so if Mack is healthy I’d bet he gets phased out rather than a rrbc.
Mack is bad between the tackles himself and you're forgetting Bob Turbin is going to get used some after his suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tiptoes posted:

Mack is bad between the tackles himself and you're forgetting Bob Turbin is going to get used some after his suspension.

I mean yeah it's going to be a cluster gently caress, but in a 14 team league...unless his team is stacked...Mack has to be owned. If no more than to trade away if he has a big game.

Saddamnit, post your team.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Anyone else you can maybe drop? I'm a Colts fan and while I think it's going to be a RBBC, I think Mack needs to be owned in a 14 team league, especially in PPR. So does Michel. I'm in a 14 team league and own Michel.

Same. The potential lead back on any team is rosterable in 12-teamers.

I really hope that both Crowell and Josh Gordon have good outings. I’d hate to feel like a nematode for picking the wrong one.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Supposedly he played like poo poo because Detroit never changed any of their calls so the Jets knew exactly what each play was.

How the gently caress is thst even possible

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ZenVulgarity posted:

How the gently caress is thst even possible

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Matt Patricia*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I dropped Mack for Jalen Richard today and I feel good about it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Supposedly he played like poo poo because Detroit never changed any of their calls so the Jets knew exactly what each play was.

:lol: Really? Wow.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

pubic works project posted:

Saddamnit, post your team.

QB: Cousins
RB: Barkley
RB: Conner
WR: K. Allen
WR: Hilton
Flex: L. Miller
TE: Njoku
D: Saints
K: Catanzaro
BN: Cooper
BN: Hyde
BN: Edelman
BN: Mack
BN: Godwin
BN: A. Jones (GB)
BN: Yeldon

Saddamnit fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 13, 2018

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

kiimo posted:

I dropped Mack for Jalen Richard today and I feel good about it.

I think you’ll end up regretting this. I’m bullish on Mack if he and luck can stay healthy.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
When do players get declared out? I need to put Doug Baldwin on IR and Seattle is the monday night game. Also need Jeffrey to be out so I can add players without dropping anyone.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dxt posted:

When do players get declared out? I need to put Doug Baldwin on IR and Seattle is the monday night game. Also need Jeffrey to be out so I can add players without dropping anyone.

Up to the team. I've seen players go from Questionable to Out like 10 minutes before game time.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

dxt posted:

Typically that's whenever the team does. To add, I think they have up until 1 hour prior to kickoff to make that determination. If Seattle thinks there's a chance Baldwin may go, you may not see a change until just before kickoff.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A team has to produce injury reports on days where they practice, and they submit them officially through the league and everything.

This is where the probable/questionable/doubtful/out designations come from. There's a sliding scale as to the certainty of the designation. I think Probable is like 95% to play, questionable is 50/50 and anything below is doubtful. They did away with Probable, which is annoying. The team can leave a player as questionable all week if they want to, and they have up to 90 minutes before kickoff to submit their inactive reports. This is when a player is usually listed as out on your provider. If the team decides to mark a player out earlier, then it will be reflected in your provider.

Because teams are dumb weirdos who think they are throwing monkey wrenches in other teams plans, they will usually list a player as questionable all week unless they are 100% certain the player will be out. Once a player hits "OUT" he can't be pulled back from that, so that's another reason why teams wait... in case of miracles. A player also can't go from available to OUT with an injury designation unless there's a specific report for it. A few years ago I think Terrelle Pryor had gotten cleared from concussions and was a surprise Out for the Raiders because he woke up with bad concussion symptoms again.

That's why everyone is just questionable if they are at all banged up, makes life easier on the team.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 13, 2018

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Baldwin was just dropped. Do I want to drop crowder or Godwin or stand pat.

FYI other wrs are Nuk thielen and gordon

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Available rbs in .5 ppr:
Marlon mack
Kerryon
Alfred Morris
Cj Anderson
Theo riddick

I have too many wrs and not enough rbs , thoughts? Morris is who I'm thinking right now but can't claim til tomorrow

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
As the fournette owner is it a bad deal if i trade away Case Keenum and Jordan Wilkins for Yeldon?

I'd still have good qbs in Cam Newton, Mahomes, Winston, and Rosen on my taxi

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Stand pat

mastershakeman posted:

Available rbs in .5 ppr:
Marlon mack
Kerryon
Alfred Morris
Cj Anderson
Theo riddick

I have too many wrs and not enough rbs , thoughts? Morris is who I'm thinking right now but can't claim til tomorrow

Morris is correct

MacheteZombie posted:

As the fournette owner is it a bad deal if i trade away Case Keenum and Jordan Wilkins for Yeldon?

I'd still have good qbs in Cam Newton, Mahomes, Winston, and Rosen on my taxi

That's a good deal. I wouldn't trade Mahomes or Cam though if he counters with either.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

That's a good deal. I wouldn't trade Mahomes or Cam though if he counters with either.

Haha yeah he started with mahomes, his current offer to me was Case/Wilkins for Yeldon.

I'll go ahead and accept it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
How much of my $100 FAAB budget should I spend on Derek Carr, who was inexplicably dropped in my 2QB league? He had a rough start, but he's not losing the job anytime soon, right?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Available rbs in .5 ppr:
Marlon mack
Kerryon
Alfred Morris
Cj Anderson
Theo riddick

Morris is the safe bet but Kerryon is the galaxy brain pickup.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

How much of my $100 FAAB budget should I spend on Derek Carr, who was inexplicably dropped in my 2QB league? He had a rough start, but he's not losing the job anytime soon, right?

His coach is throwing him under the bus in interviews. It isn't looking super awesome.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kiimo posted:

His coach is throwing him under the bus in interviews. It isn't looking super awesome.

this Gruden deal is going to be worse than Haynesworth

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

How many teams? Who are best available QBs on the wire besides him? In a 12 team league, I’d consider bidding all of it. 24 weekly starters, plus bye weeks and injuries, means a secure starter with QB1 upside like Carr is massive. But it’ll matter a ton how scarce QBs are, if they score comparably to normal leagues, if other starting positions and scoring are typical, etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Poque posted:

this Gruden deal is going to be worse than Haynesworth

Oakland's schedule is @DEN, @MIA, CLE, @LAC, SEA, BYE, IND, @SF, LAC, @ARI, @BAL, KC, PIT, @CIN, DEN.

If this team is as much of a clusterfuck as I suspect it's going to be then Denver will be a great pickup for the playoffs. They face Cleveland in Week 15 and then Oakland in 16.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

sourdough posted:

How many teams? Who are best available QBs on the wire besides him? In a 12 team league, I’d consider bidding all of it. 24 weekly starters, plus bye weeks and injuries, means a secure starter with QB1 upside like Carr is massive. But it’ll matter a ton how scarce QBs are, if they score comparably to normal leagues, if other starting positions and scoring are typical, etc.

It's ten teams, no-ppr, but most teams have a backup for bye weeks. A few teams are surprisingly not rostering a backup right now and could see major trouble once bye weeks start.

My dumbass drafted two QBs with the same bye week (Stafford and Brees), along with Bortles, but I did just scoop up Josh Allen, who sucks but cost me nothing. If he keeps the starting job, I'm covered for byes. It's a total points format, rather than H2H, so you can't exactly punt a week.

On one hand, I can't really imagine Carr losing the starting job anytime soon. But on the other hand, Gruden's a giant idiot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Clearly they're gonna trade for Bridgewater

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Should I drop the Ravens D/ST and pick up the Bears or nah?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Mikey Purp posted:

Should I drop the Ravens D/ST and pick up the Bears or nah?

You should pick up the Bears and package the Ravens in a trade.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

Saddamnit posted:

QB: Cousins
RB: Barkley
RB: Conner
WR: K. Allen
WR: Hilton
Flex: L. Miller
TE: Njoku
D: Saints
K: Catanzaro
BN: Cooper
BN: Hyde
BN: Edelman
BN: Mack
BN: Godwin
BN: A. Jones (GB)
BN: Yeldon

So should I drop anyone for Michel? I'm leaning no at this point.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Saddamnit posted:

So should I drop anyone for Michel? I'm leaning no at this point.

I think you're fine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Oakland gets a top 5 pick they have to take a QB don't they?

I mean, you'd need to expect Gruden to make a good decision on that. They'll probably take Drew Lock who grew up a Chiefs fan and would make an excellent sleeper cell agent for us.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

You should pick up the Bears and package the Ravens in a trade.

I don't have the bench space for that...maybe if the Ravens weren't playing tonight I'd have a chance at making the trade first. Oh well, I'll roll with these guys.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Someone in my NarFFL league (ppr) bid $53 of his season long $100 FAAB on Phillip Lindsay. He got him.

Anyone else see crazy FAAB bids this week?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

I’d let him go through waivers. He’s going to be deadweight through SEA’s bye, so until Week 8.

If he gets missed , you can pick him up when the injury reports start looking better.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'd just like to complain about how unreliable TEs are outside of like 2-3 guys each year. except for the years where I reach for a Gronk or a Gates it's just a loving 0.8 point week waiting to happen

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

indigi posted:

I'd just like to complain about how unreliable TEs are outside of like 2-3 guys each year. except for the years where I reach for a Gronk or a Gates it's just a loving 0.8 point week waiting to happen

Hence why streaming TEs/QBs is a viable strategy. The strength of your WRs and RBs can carry you.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

Hence why streaming TEs/QBs is a viable strategy. The strength of your WRs and RBs can carry you.

I was gonna stream QB's but Brees rolled around in the 8th round so I had to go with him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I always stream kickers/defenses, if the league is 12 or under there's always a good one with a great matchup out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I don't have the bench space for that...maybe if the Ravens weren't playing tonight I'd have a chance at making the trade first. Oh well, I'll roll with these guys.

This plan is certainly panning out.