Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Looper posted:

they also said not to expect too many new characters this time so my expectations are thoroughly tapered

I like that they said that and then introduced way more new characters than I was expecting. tbh I thought it was just gonna be Ridley and Daisy

also pokefloats and big blue are like my favourite smash stages ever and also the ones with different modes like the pokemon stadium ones

also also items are the best. sometimes the game just spawns a bob--omb on someone's head and that rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Every good PS+ indie game is one I already bought and beat. It is the rule of PS+. I do play multiplayer on there a lot and use the party system so I get my money's worth (still riding one year cards I bought on decent discount). Yeah, I'm one of the people who wants non-wonky voice chat on Switch too.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would like to play a turn-based resource management game for the personal computer.

Should I get Scythe, Egypt: Old Kingdom, or other

I didn't even know Scythe was available on Steam. Great, now I have to get it. We've been playing the board game a ton over the past two months.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

man nurse posted:

Yeah, my view on it is pretty much this. That's like trying to play Mario Party or Mario Kart competitively. They're party games. Spontaneity is kind of part of the proceedings. Who the hell wants to play Smash with restricted items and stages? That sounds so lame to me.

They've been adding more features to accommodate that play since 4, so

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Unreal_One posted:

MUGEN has multiple thousand, and no.
MUGEN is an engine, not a game. It's like saying Unity is the game that has the biggest character roster.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's not my business how someone else wants to play smash but for me it'll always be just a great party game. get a bag of weed and a couple beers and you can't go wrong with that

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Same. Playing it competitive-style is unfun for me so I tend to just have everything on but if people want to FD/Fox only/no items, they can do whatever they want.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

it's not my business how someone else wants to play smash but for me it'll always be just a great party game. get a bag of weed and a couple beers and you can't go wrong with that

That's why I'm excited for the new Final Smash meter option, since it means people get to use their Final Smashes more often, and honestly that just sounds like a goddamn blast to me. I'm in Smash to have a chill fun time

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I've been banned from playing smash bros because I main sonic or Kirby and spam taunt

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

I've been banned from playing smash bros because I main sonic or Kirby and spam taunt

we should be friends

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My college roommate used to play Kirby exclusively back in Melee and he was so drat good at eating people, then jumping off the stage, shooting them to the right, and floating back up. If you knew what you were doing it wasn't impossible to recover but most of us didn't so he would fuckin clean up with that poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The 7th Guest posted:

There are a lot of xbox 360 era games that run at full framerate on my intel gpu laptop, but guerilla is not one of them because of all the physics.. though it does run at 30fps

i wish the red faction games had a little more visual flair to them, because it's mars they just go with the red/brown and very industrial/utilitarian facilities, which is TOO grounded for me, for a game where you blow everything up. i wish they had more fun with the design/aesthetic

also i should mention that the game after guerilla is completely average in every way and dials back the destruction to specific stuff

yeah red faction definitely dipped itself deep in some of the more overwhelming and dated trends of 2000s shooters and open world games, if thq nordic makes a new one like they are for darksiders i'd like to see them shake things up a bit without losing the core of guerrilla

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colonel posted:

yeah red faction definitely dipped itself deep in some of the more overwhelming and dated trends of 2000s shooters and open world games, if thq nordic makes a new one like they are for darksiders i'd like to see them shake things up a bit without losing the core of guerrilla
i'd like to see one that takes place at a point in mars colonization where it becomes more tourist-trappy and has gaudier flashier attractions, especially because I feel like those would be fun to see wrecked apart with the destruction physics

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Breathedge hit ea access today and it loving owns. Somebody should also make a thread bc its pretty much goty. Subnautica in space basically but it feels looks and runs like aaa game. Has a portal kind of vibe and humor and polish.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Folks we're getting Luigi's Mansion 3, today is a good day

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Does Luigi vacuum himself up due to being dead now?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
ahhhhhhh katamari on switch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_QydNXI_ok

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This Daemon ex Machina game looks cool.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Animal Crossing announcement video felt like an episode of Twin Peaks

I can't wait to play it holy poo poo nintendo drained me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That whole direct was crazy

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm not watching direct but I have seen tweets of a game freak game called Town which is like Harvest Moon + RPG and that makes up for the death of animal crossing.

Also chocobo mystery dungeon!!!!!!!!

e: oh wait nevermind twitter is exploding with animal crossing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

so Square is doing all the 3D playstation final fantasies except 8? lol

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was weird honestly. But hey get the best FF. 9

al-azad
May 28, 2009

okay I have to hit the gym for an hour or two because all the people I follow are just screaming animal crossing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Man I can't believe they just confirmed amiibo festival 2 for switch

Also I wish KK slider was playable

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nintendo is doomed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad they announced that capcom is finally giving battle circuit an official home release

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Nintendo is doomed

Alternatively Katamari on the Switch

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

al-azad posted:

so Square is doing all the 3D playstation final fantasies except 8? lol
8 also doesn't have any kind of HD port yet, unlike 7/9/10/10-2/12.

If it ever gets one I'm sure it will pop up on Switch too.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Tom Nook is ready to get more suckers for his big scam island

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

i'm glad they announced that capcom is finally giving battle circuit an official home release
Not to mention that it will be the first time it ever came to the US in general.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
that direct sucked imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
katamari damacy reroll is cool but i want we love katamari hd more so i hope they follow it up with that

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Weegee Mansion 3, Katamari HD, and Animal Crossing Switch.

Today is good.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

The Colonel posted:

katamari damacy reroll is cool but i want we love katamari hd more so i hope they follow it up with that

:same:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

cheetah7071 posted:

that direct sucked imo

it had a lot of good game announcements and confirmations and luigi's mansion 3 looks potentially closer to what i like about the first game than dark moon did. daemon x machina looks fun and starlink actually looks sort of alright maybe

but

they kind of completely failed at justifying paid online in any way lmao

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Housh posted:

Animal Crossing announcement video felt like an episode of Twin Peaks

I can't wait to play it holy poo poo nintendo drained me

https://twitter.com/Electivirus/status/1040371166857383936

Being a fan of games requires equal amounts of magic, madness and sadness.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh the online part was like yeah stuff I already know. Sad it’s just NES games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
only nes games, and not even the really cool or interesting deep cuts

• Locked thread