Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I want to see what kind of game the splatoon team makes when they're not making splatoon

they made splatoon 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I want to see what kind of game the splatoon team makes when they're not making splatoon

New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Labo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm pretty sure they're also the Animal Crossing team, mainly

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Unironically looking forward to loading my Switch up with a bunch of old Final Fantasy games. Portability improves every JRPG.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

amazing....switch did it they finally managed to make a worse console than ps4 and xbone one x. its going to be hard for ms and sony to do worse but hell, if anyone can do it its kaz hirai and based spector

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

amazing....switch did it they finally managed to make a worse console than ps4 and xbone one x. its going to be hard for ms and sony to do worse but hell, if anyone can do it its kaz hirai and based spector

?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i didn't watch the direct and i'm not reading 200 posts i'm here to troll :twisted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

i didn't watch the direct and i'm not reading 200 posts i'm here to troll :twisted:

This guy has been doing this for the better part of two decades. I recommend liberal use of the ignore function. Pro tip: check the post count.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Animal crossing party at my animal crossing house (tent?) on launch day.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sega should port project judge to switch so it runs at 10 fps so i don't have to keep my ps4 which is under like a foot of dust and clothes atm and i think it might be a cockroach nest

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Narrator [wearily]: Roll. Just roll and roll. All over the place and all over stuff.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I never played katamari so that is cool. Also Mario party looks like it may be pretty good?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I skipped all the Pokémon Go, Mario Party and Ubisoft parts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

happy for AC fans but I could never get into that series, and daemon armored core by the armored core people looks like..armored core, which is good. didnt really care about anything else in the direct lol

although the idea of playing 2player mario bros 3, contra etc. online with imps sounds fun!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

an actual dog posted:

That would be Animal Crossing.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

didn’t that team make mario galaxy? for some reason i have the idea that the galaxy guys made splatoon.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

b_d posted:

didn’t that team make mario galaxy? for some reason i have the idea that the galaxy guys made splatoon.

Between Mario Galaxy and Splatoon, Nintendo had a pretty significant internal reorganization. Notably, they opened a new studio located in Tokyo, whereas previously all their in-house games were mostly done from their Kyoto headquarters. All the Mario games since then were mostly made in Tokyo (I believe 3D Land was their first outing). But I think that Splatoon is chiefly made in Kyoto, so it's very likely that they shared a lot of staff.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

This

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Clapping My Hands and Jumping Up and Down for 48 year old ports of phone games for 60 dollars :boom:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shut up, bitch!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The armoured core game looks really stylish. What is up with that star fox thing though? Just some dlc for a Ubisoft game?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

The armoured core game looks really stylish. What is up with that star fox thing though? Just some dlc for a Ubisoft game?

There's some Star Fox tie-in content for this space shooter game that I don't know anything about, but they're being pretty lavish with it, fully animated cutscenes and everything. That ain't cheap.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bongo Bill posted:

There's some Star Fox tie-in content for this space shooter game that I don't know anything about, but they're being pretty lavish with it, fully animated cutscenes and everything. That ain't cheap.

It's the new Star Fox game and there's nothing anyone can say to change my mind.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I wish star fox zero didn’t suck so much. The actual classic star fox stuff was great but everything else and the controls were miserable.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

animal crossing :)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

animal crossing :)

Yesssssss

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
chocobo mystery dungeon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i don't understand what the Star Fox thing is... is it like a Star Fox expansion for an existing Ubisoft IP or like... what is it?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

i don't understand what the Star Fox thing is... is it like a Star Fox expansion for an existing Ubisoft IP or like... what is it?

Yeah basically. If I had to guess I'd say Mario Rabbids opened up a lot of doors so it's like a substantial amount of Switch-exclusive content for a multi platform Ubi game, starring Nintendo characters. Honestly looks like a fun game too but I'm still confused as to whether or not you have to buy real life spaceship figures to unlock poo poo because (a) I'm not going to and (b) I don't think other people will either, they kind of missed the boat on that by a couple years

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't pay too much attention before at first I thought it was just a bunch more Neo-Geo Arcade eShop games but that Capcom Beat 'em Up collection looks pretty dece and it has online co-op.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

b_d posted:

things have changed in recent years and they exchange members a lot more but basically, the Splatoon team is part of the same group that makes Animal Crossing and made the Wii Sports games, Nintendo Land, etc

the 3D Mario teams pretty much only makes 3D Mario games, the 2D Mario team also makes Pikmin and other things occasionally, the old Brain Training team turned into the Labo team, etc and then there are groups that specifically work with and supervise games made with external developers

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

I didn't pay too much attention before at first I thought it was just a bunch more Neo-Geo Arcade eShop games but that Capcom Beat 'em Up collection looks pretty dece and it has online co-op.

Adding online co-op to the old games is one of the few upgrades that makes them worth re-buying, because it's a pain in the rear end to get that to work on an emulator, i'm glad they're doing a lot of it. stuff like dr mario isn't exactly improved much by graphical upgrades, but it's nice to be able to play it with somebody else withotu them actually sitting on your couch.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
that's always the plan but then you buy them and the netcode is poo poo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Megaman battle network with net play please

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

American McGay posted:

deffo buying that one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Clapping My Hands and Jumping Up and Down for 48 year old ports of phone games for 60 dollars :boom:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856132&pagenumber=30#post487934032

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

American McGay posted:

I’m stoked! Beat em ups are one of my fave genres to play portable and I immediately expected them to charge way more than $20 for it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Clap Your Hands Say The Xbox One X Is Actually Pretty Good RAM Wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

haha