Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Foxboro is basically in RI so there’s no chance it’s not the Pats. 2nd would definitely be the Giants since there’s a shitload of old timers who grew up with the Giants being the closest team to New England. There’s also a ton of Grandpa rooted for the Giants so I will too sentiment.

lol Jets in Maine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Here's a table in the grocery store in a twin cities suburb:

The only reason the Packers wouldn't be number two in Minnesota is if they were number one instead.

We get those exact donuts at work tomorrow 9 am.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

hifi posted:

anyone over maybe 40 in arizona is a cowboys fan

hey t:mad:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bip Roberts posted:

So since Gruden seemed to want to tank the raiders season as hard as possible are there any studies on the long term viability of a team in a new city vs immediate success of that team?

I imagine it's a lot like an expansion team. Those usually suck for a while, so it's probably not too bad to suck when you get there. If you build a team that wins the fans will be there (unless you're the LA Chargers).

Vertical Lime posted:

i was in frederick once and there was a full-blown yinzer deli

It's literally a branch of Primanti Bros., and a Yinzer friend of mine in MoCo, MD was very excited. I guess it's only 4 hours to Pittsburgh from here. I've been on the east coast for almost a decade and I'm still not used to how loving close everything is out here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Here's a bigger version of the map:

Yes I'm sure the in-depth study done by a t-shirt company started by three college roommates is extensive enough to definitively rank these teams.

I'm sure their study wasn't call up an airport in each state and ask whoever answered the phone what their NFL team is.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I refuse to believe the Giants are the favorite out of state team in Maryland. Also I’m the Eagles goiter bulging out of Delaware.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Yodzilla posted:

I refuse to believe the Giants are the favorite out of state team in Maryland. Also I’m the Eagles goiter bulging out of Delaware.

Yeah it's gotta be either Eagles or Steelers for MD. Giants is just weird.

Also Redskins shouldn't be considered "out of state" for VA and WV

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
The fact that the Niners are NY’s favorite team is interesting, and proof that the whole “Cowboys America’s Team” thing is a crock of horseshit

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

I imagine it's a lot like an expansion team. Those usually suck for a while, so it's probably not too bad to suck when you get there. If you build a team that wins the fans will be there (unless you're the LA Chargers).

It's literally a branch of Primanti Bros., and a Yinzer friend of mine in MoCo, MD was very excited. I guess it's only 4 hours to Pittsburgh from here. I've been on the east coast for almost a decade and I'm still not used to how loving close everything is out here.

what i find amazing is harrisburg is sometimes forced to air ravens games because it's closer to baltimore than pittsburgh

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vertical Lime posted:

what i find amazing is harrisburg is sometimes forced to air ravens games because it's closer to baltimore than pittsburgh

Oh yeah, Harrisburg is way closer to the Eastern seaboard than it is to Pittsburgh. I have a friend from the Harrisburg area. Growing up, when her family wanted to go to a big mall they'd drive to Philly (King of Prussia) or Washington (Tysons Corner). BWI and PHL were by far the closest decent size airports.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Some of those don't surprise me, like Bears for WI or Dallas for New Mexico.

Jags for Minnesota? Uuuuuuuhh... unless that's because the Bears and Packers pull so much from each other that the Jags have the plurality.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Bucs in Nebraska is pretty random

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Pretty sure that map is based off of actual deliveries of products ordered from those states.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Because Mississippi and Alabama would root for the Titans and Rams instead of the Saints like they normally do. And Louisiana would definitely not be 49er country at all.

Maybe Carolina because of Jake Delhomme in the 2000s, but not the 49ers. Probably more Dallas because of Shreveport.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol the madmen

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1040397331886231552

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That seems like a fine gamble?

It's possible he won't get jail time at all (please stop quoting the 25 years thing), even though it seems unlikely. And his sentencing hearing isn't until December 18th so they get him damned near all year even if he does go away forever. What football team gives a poo poo about insider trading?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Pete confused "insider trading" and "inside job."

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grittybeard posted:

That seems like a fine gamble?

It's possible he won't get jail time at all (please stop quoting the 25 years thing), even though it seems unlikely. And his sentencing hearing isn't until December 18th so they get him damned near all year even if he does go away forever. What football team gives a poo poo about insider trading?

Yeah, reporting the 25 years figure is akin to reporting on the last 49ers Kaep contract by implying that he'll be paid the full amount. Estimates I've heard based on the sentencing guidelines are around 30 months, but they might really want to drill the guy so who knows. He certainly won't be off probation, regardless. Insider trading is serious white collar poo poo, that's not kid gloves territory.

And anyway, sentencing isn't til January, and it's not like I have any illusions about the Seahawks still playing then. :shrug:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
The bills should sign Kap. It would own.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
That map is just favorite out-of-state team, so it's not like Vikings fans are excluded from voting. Given the amount of Florida snowbirds that live here, it could be that the Jaguars are their favorite since that's who they watch in Florida, since they're not going to say the Packers are their favorite out-of-state team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chromatic posted:

The bills should sign Kap. It would own.

yes it would own. although it would alsokind of suck because the bills are such trash kaep is good but even he can't turn poo poo into gold or poo poo into a football team

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Bills are OK and would easily hit .500 with Kaepernick at the helm. They drew a really bad hand against the 13-3 caliber Ravens, as well as having an off day.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Play posted:

yes it would own. although it would alsokind of suck because the bills are such trash kaep is good but even he can't turn poo poo into gold or poo poo into a football team

Remember when the Bills had Tyrod, and how they treated him? Yeah, It would suck if the Bills signed Kap.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kaepernick is a poor man's Tyrod Taylor and been there done that with unimpressive result

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh lol timing

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd say if he's still the same player he was Tyrod's more of a poor man's Kaep, but they are fairly similar and neither is head and shoulders above the other.

Tyrod's more accurate but less aggressive (or at least was--I don't know what he's going to be on the Browns after week 1). Kaep will take more risks and throws a few more picks, but not a ton more--they both take care of the ball reasonably well. They both take a ton of sacks, Tyrod at a little higher rate than Kaep but either way they're in the same ballpark. Kaep is the superior rushing quarterback and I'd argue it's not particularly close, but Tyrod definitely is a plus guy there too. Neither of them received competent coaching at all in the last few years they've played.

But yeah, either way the Bills are a terrible fit for Kaepernick if we're imagining a world where they would even consider him. And If you like him you should want him to go somewhere that he can have some chance of success. If you don't like him you just don't want him around period.

e: Put either of them on the Bills and they're the best QB on the roster by a mile of course unless Josh Allen is a lot more ready than I believe he is.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 14, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Kaepernick is a poor man's Tyrod Taylor

what the hell is wrong with you boy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Bills should sign Kaepernick for week 4

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1040426817465868294

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Steve Smith owns.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Josh Sitton out for the season

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/1040548575527297024?s=21

so we got exactly one game of really great OL play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

Steve Smith owns.

And Michael Irvin does not.

I wonder what his career would have looked like if he couldn't push off at will. And not in a Fiz complaining about Tony Gonzalez sort of way, at least Tony was slightly sneaky about it. Irvin was flat out throwing people down on their faces half the time.

He'd still have been good I'm sure, but I don't think he'd be sniffing the hall of fame.

e: I guess I have to take that back, as long as the Cowboys win those rings he gets in no matter what as the #1 receiver. He'd still have been one of the triplets at 3/4ths of his production.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Sep 14, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Steve Smith highlights time?!

lmao the cardinals player at :40

also the comments

quote:

The way he talks I couldn't imagine my boyfriend ever saying that about another human being even in sports that was descusting he like to feel another man crumbling beneath him not creepy at all

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Foxboro is basically in RI so there’s no chance it’s not the Pats. 2nd would definitely be the Giants since there’s a shitload of old timers who grew up with the Giants being the closest team to New England. There’s also a ton of Grandpa rooted for the Giants so I will too sentiment.

lol Jets in Maine.

I think they're counting all the New England states for the Pats. Titans in RI makes zero sense though. I live right at the MA/RI border and I've seen more Jaguars gear in the area. Giants are the most common "other" team from what I've seen, especially in CT.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Flikken posted:

Steve Smith owns.
Indeed

I like how dipshits like Deion and Irvin deeply believe that if you're a former player and have never won multiple Super Bowls (much less one) then you should feel ashamed of yourself.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That’s a more competitive view than guys who just want a big payday and then put in half effort.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

WHAT

NO

there were GAPING holes behind him. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Ehud posted:

And just as Tannehill was beginning to learn what a "pocket" was...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It's good thing the Jets have zero pass rush otherwise you might have a bad time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

Good its what you fuckers deserve

• Locked thread