Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

God loving dammit I just dropped 5 Forma to make my dolon Rubico and of course it turns out that Rubico Prime is right around the corner.
gently caress.

Fuckin lol. What’re the others, akjagara and gram?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

Fuckin lol. What’re the others, akjagara and gram?

Just Rubico and Gram together with Chroma Prime by the looks of it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rubico Prime + Chroma Prime = RIP Eidolons

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

my friends and i picked this up as a coop game to play, i picked volt and the skana because volt said he was an alternative to melee, but it turns out he actually isn't going by the op? Are there any good melee focused frames that I can get as a new player? What weapon should i get for them? I found some forums posts from 1.5 years ago so I don't know how accurate they are.

How does energy work by the way? I can use my abilities only a couple times and then I have to wait till I get that blue-black orb as a drop?

I... don't know that you understand what the word alternative actually means. An alternative to melee means something that you can use instead of melee.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

I need one more gustrag three spawn for the event and they just will not come kick my rear end lol

I didn't see anyone react to this, so I'll just say I was having the same problem, but I set my group to invite only, went to a basic Capture mission on the earliest planet I could that was eligible. (I think Earth didn't have one so I did Mercury maybe?) and after beating the capture task itself in a minute or so, if you take your time exiting they show up after 2 or 3 minutes.

Did this 2 times in a row, and had no issue, whereas doing it publicly, I think the G3 will only spawn for the event if everyone in the party has handed int he essence maybe?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Babe Magnet posted:

Crit chance with just Point Strike is gonna hit 95% on that thing, lmao. Riven-havers are gonna have the option to get rich as gently caress in a hurry one it drops.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

mehall posted:

I didn't see anyone react to this, so I'll just say I was having the same problem, but I set my group to invite only, went to a basic Capture mission on the earliest planet I could that was eligible. (I think Earth didn't have one so I did Mercury maybe?) and after beating the capture task itself in a minute or so, if you take your time exiting they show up after 2 or 3 minutes.

Did this 2 times in a row, and had no issue, whereas doing it publicly, I think the G3 will only spawn for the event if everyone in the party has handed int he essence maybe?

Thanks for the advice, I ended up grabbing a friend and forced him to do the event with me so I had someone to talk to while I sleepwalked through an Earth Sabotage 11 times, we eventually got 3 to spawn

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rubico already looks fancy as gently caress, rubico prime is going to be solid gold with diamond trim and an orbiting marble statue that gives free blowjobs

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It looks a'ight

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Haha.
The Rubico was already fancy enough so they only had to add some gold trimming.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

I predict a gimmick vs pure power creep. It's been their trend lately.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

The Rubico would be great if it didn't have the worst crosshairs of any gun ever. I can't use it, it takes my eyes too long to find the middle of that whole spaghetti mess.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If you turn crosshairs off in the options, it zooms with the standard crosshair and is much more useable, you just can't see the combo multiplier or what the zoom bonuses are.

I agree absolutely and hope that Prime has a better centrepiece to the scope.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Got an Octavia. Any Mandachord suggestions? I’m loaded out with Smoke on the Water, which works astonishingly well within the constraints of the instrument, but are there any others that are still good as short loops with limited instrumentation?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If you turn crosshairs off in the options, it zooms with the standard crosshair and is much more useable, you just can't see the combo multiplier or what the zoom bonuses are.

Oh good to know, cheers.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Warframe showed up for exactly five seconds in the Nintendo Direct, just to remind us that Warframe on the Switch is still a thing that's gonna happen.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Darth Walrus posted:

Got an Octavia. Any Mandachord suggestions? I’m loaded out with Smoke on the Water, which works astonishingly well within the constraints of the instrument, but are there any others that are still good as short loops with limited instrumentation?

Knock yourself out.

The designations should help you find stuff that sounds nice. Check songs you like and see what works for you.

Personally I really like Another One Bites The Dust.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Ritznit posted:

Knock yourself out.

The designations should help you find stuff that sounds nice. Check songs you like and see what works for you.

Personally I really like Another One Bites The Dust.

That would be the coolest link... if you could download the songs as .xml files or the like. DE, why in-game only?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Warframe showed up for exactly five seconds in the Nintendo Direct, just to remind us that Warframe on the Switch is still a thing that's gonna happen.

Nov 20.

Also riven mod in twitch drops for the devstream tomorrow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Taking a look at the Nezha skin in game they've put a nice butt on but he's a huge chonky boi now.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
A true Power Bottom.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

gaj70 posted:

That would be the coolest link... if you could download the songs as .xml files or the like. DE, why in-game only?

You'd best get to punching them in manually!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sordas Volantyr posted:

You'd best get to punching them in manually!

no that is atlas

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Melted down almost all my statues and fused up my umbrals to just 1 pip short on vitality. drat Nidus is insane now.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’m very, very tempted to go umbral for Nezha but I’m unsure how to build him now. There’s no real dump stat

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only downside is that you cant put in a weak umbral because you've only got one, to get the set bonus. :I

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Umbral intensity is the only one you need to max out, the others are fine sitting at 14-15 for awhile.

Umbral intensity by itself can be slotted into anyone that uses intensity and has a extra 5 points sitting around for 14% more power.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Regrettable posted:

I... don't know that you understand what the word alternative actually means. An alternative to melee means something that you can use instead of melee.

i was thinking about melee and made a type but volts description is alternative to guns.

gunna try rush for rhino i think

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah that description could have been better written but a well fitted out volt means you dont need guns because everything in the entire level is being electrocuted to death

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

i was thinking about melee and made a type but volts description is alternative to guns.

gunna try rush for rhino i think

Ah, okay. You definitely should try to get Rhino as soon as you can.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yeah that description could have been better written but a well fitted out volt means you dont need guns because everything in the entire level is being electrocuted to death

Volt Prime is my second favorite frame to play so far but I'm building Saryn Prime right now so maybe he'll get bumped down a notch.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Someone in clan chat mentioned this and I want it to be true: Chroma Prime should require Saryn Prime/Ember Prime/Volt Prime bits, and they should re-release those three alongside Chroma Prime.

I need all three of those, DE. Do the thing.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
How often do they have unvaultings?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Keep or swap?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol channeliing

wait that first one gives you corrosive for the price of one slot

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Lol channeliing

wait that first one gives you corrosive for the price of one slot

I guess I'm asking because I'm not sure if that's better than just the raw damage increase?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you've got a decent status zaw then that'll be worthwhile, otherwise the second will provide a bigger overall damage increase despite the whole channeling thing

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

Keep or swap?

The left one gives you more raw damage and it automatically combines into the best damage type too.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Gonkish posted:

Someone in clan chat mentioned this and I want it to be true: Chroma Prime should require Saryn Prime/Ember Prime/Volt Prime bits, and they should re-release those three alongside Chroma Prime.

I need all three of those, DE. Do the thing.

EVIL!

I want those frames too, by all means bring em back, but don't make me farm extras for Chroma. :negative:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Never bought a deluxe skin before and I don't even use Nezha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

TheMostFrench posted:

Keep or swap?

You only go with the right one if you're holding a torch for Melee 3.0, whenever the hell that gets here.