Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Charlie Bobson posted:

Also I'm glad there are other dudes in this thread playing au ra chicks because they are both the best and the cutest race.
This is true but they tend to look so derpy since their chins and lips are so small compared to the spacing on their eyes and forehead. You need a hairstyle with bangs to fix that, but then that starts clipping with a bunch of headgear. Xaela scales also doesn't fade into most skin options unless you turn yourself dark blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Honestly it must be horrible to have to log in and look at your character not be a femroe for hours on end

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Ibblebibble posted:

Hey there, firey katana sister.

:respek:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Charlie Bobson posted:

Also I'm glad there are other dudes in this thread playing au ra chicks because they are both the best and the cutest race.

Algid posted:

This is true but they tend to look so derpy since their chins and lips are so small compared to the spacing on their eyes and forehead. You need a hairstyle with bangs to fix that, but then that starts clipping with a bunch of headgear. Xaela scales also doesn't fade into most skin options unless you turn yourself dark blue.

Au Ra can be very cute, it is true. It definitely took a while to get my gal's face to not look rather off when I first put her together way back when, though. Also raen scales have a different problem: they, uh, don't blend well with dark skin period. :goleft:

(Also I occasionally hesitate on going with my Au Ra because despite the character design predating Stormblood on my end, my preferred Au Ra looks a whole heck of a lot like Cirina and it can feel a little weird having them both in the same cutscene.)

Charlie Bobson posted:

I have seen videos/listened to the music of the final boss fights for both heavensward and stormblood, as well as a bunch of the raid bosses. There is no way in hell I am stopping before getting to experience those fights for myself. Doing Alexander and managing all of his mechanics while Rise blasts in the background must be a magical experience.

I can confirm from experience that A12S with Rise blasting is Cool And Good.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SpaceDrake posted:

I can confirm from experience that A12S with Rise blasting is Cool And Good.

To truly master A12S, you must sing along to the lyrics while also doing mechanics.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A summoner with Hailstorm gear.

In *doma castle*

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thundarr posted:

To truly master A12S, you must sing along to the lyrics while also doing mechanics.

Also, freeze in place during every time stop.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/54136463.html

Some vague notes on the job changes for 4.4. Major RDM buffs, SAM buffs, something about BLM needing Lucid Dreaming, and of loving course SMN is getting hit with another 2-3% nerf how does WoW look these days I hate everything.

Also some plot tidbits; these ones stuck out the most to me:

- "Please pay special attention to the word 'Calamity'" (in japanese, it's written with the characters for "spirit" and "disaster")
- We've improved the system we used for the epilogue in 4.3 so in 4.4 we'll be making use of it again on a different NPC

oh boy my bet that the WoL is going to die and be brought back but aetherially/spiritually broken looks good right now

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

oh boy my bet that the WoL is going to die and be brought back but aetherially/spiritually broken looks good right now

If the WoL ends up getting blasted into the leaked "other universe" and has to go around just trying to survive long enough to "open wide the gates" so the Scions might pass and save the WoL's rear end, I may squeal like a bitch.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Related to that and the 4.4 patch trailer: earlier in thread when it dropped, it was pointed out that the music sounded like a remix on Torn from the Heavens, but it's also got some of The Maker's Ruin in it (it's right after the "The Populares no longer represent an obstacle. Now is the time to bring the Empire's might to bear" line - the melody is from the Maker's Ruin from about 37 seconds into that song). And, uh, a dark remix of both Torn from the Heavens AND The Maker's Ruin probably isn't a good sign for our hero :v:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Relax Or DIE posted:

Honestly it must be horrible to have to log in and look at your character not be a femroe for hours on end

i will forever treasure my female duskwight giraffe for being the rarest combo in the game

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

Au Ra can be very cute, it is true. It definitely took a while to get my gal's face to not look rather off when I first put her together way back when, though. Also raen scales have a different problem: they, uh, don't blend well with dark skin period. :goleft:

(Also I occasionally hesitate on going with my Au Ra because despite the character design predating Stormblood on my end, my preferred Au Ra looks a whole heck of a lot like Cirina and it can feel a little weird having them both in the same cutscene.)

When I was a dragongirl doing the ninja quests was weird because the Au Ra in those was a carbon copy of me lookswise (not skin or hair colour though).

Think I've been a roegadame for about 8 months now. No ragrats.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/54136463.html

Some vague notes on the job changes for 4.4. Major RDM buffs, SAM buffs, something about BLM needing Lucid Dreaming, and of loving course SMN is getting hit with another 2-3% nerf how does WoW look these days I hate everything.

Why does Yoshi-P hate Summoner?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Major RDM buffs
:pray:

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

how does WoW look these days I hate everything
Godawful, wait for 8.1.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Asimo posted:

:pray:

Godawful, wait for 8.1.

I don't think that will fix WoW either considering the problem is both in how Blizzard has always chosen to balance their games in iterative development, and how many variables are involved in balancing WoW anyway.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

dmboogie posted:

i will forever treasure my female duskwight giraffe for being the rarest combo in the game

I've literally never seen a female sea wolf in game

and honest question about wow: does the idea of utility dps exist in that game or do dps choices boil down to you preferred flavour?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
RDM buffs you say? :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

had an extremely normal tank today

His weapon glamour was Zantetsuken, because of course it was.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Preliminary Patch Notes are up.

Actions have been adjusted as follows:

Paladin
Passage of Arms The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.

Dark Knight
Salted Earth The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.

Samurai
Enpi Enhanced Enpi Bonus potency has been increased from 300 to 320.
Gekko Combo potency has been increased from 420 to 440.
Kasha Combo potency has been increased from 420 to 440.
Yukikaze Combo potency has been increased from 360 to 380.
Hissatsu: Yaten The delay before using your next action has been reduced.

Ninja
Doton The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.

Black Mage
Fire IV Potency has been increased from 280 to 300.

Arcanist / Summoner
Radiant Shield No longer reflects damage to attackers.
Earthen Fury The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.
Shadow Flare The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.

Red Mage
Verthunder Potency has been increased from 300 to 310.
Veraero Potency has been increased from 300 to 310.
Scatter Chance to be granted Enhanced Scatter has been increased from 25% to 30%.
Enhanced Scatter Bonus has been increased from 8 to 10 Black Mana and White Mana.
Contre Sixte Potency has been increased from 300 to 350.
Verflare Potency has been increased from 550 to 600.
Verholy Potency has been increased from 550 to 600.

White Mage
Asylum The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.

Arcanist / Scholar
Sacred Soil The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.
Shadow Flare The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.

Astrologian
Collective Unconscious The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.
Minor Arcana Recast time has been reduced from 5 to 1 second.
Lord of Crowns Recast time has been reduced from 5 to 1 second.
Lady of Crowns Recast time has been reduced from 5 to 1 second.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 14, 2018

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The following mounts are now able to fly:

Goobbue
Behemoth
Laurel Goobbue
Cavalry Drake

:eyepop:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I was expecting a bit more for BLM that'd alter things a bit more than that.

Oh well, more damage is more damage.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The following mounts are now able to fly:

Goobbue
Behemoth
Laurel Goobbue
Cavalry Drake

Oh well, time to rank up those beast tribes.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

quote:

By raising Zhloe Aliapoh's satisfaction level to the maximum, players will gain the ability to cast glamours on her.

Best patch of the whole expansion.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Gentlemen, we have Bongos.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
E: mm

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Going to craft and sell all the Uggs.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The size of the mikoshi mount now scales according to the height of the player character.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Goobbue being able to fly is a crime against Hydealen

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
please tell me it "flies" by just forever extending its arms and using them to walk :v:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

It propels itself through the air via sneezes.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
This DPS training school coat makes my butt look big.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
feature not a bug

WONT FIX

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This 1.4% buff for SAM will surely solve everything

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Algid posted:

Going to craft and sell all the Uggs.

Same, I was looking for this exact thing not that long ago. Between the sweater and sunglasses and now uggs, they're really making my elf mom glams easy.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Wacky Delly posted:

Same, I was looking for this exact thing not that long ago. Between the sweater and sunglasses and now uggs, they're really making my elf mom glams easy.
You can even /tomestone for added RP points.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how one of the major updates is showing people how to get the hell out of Pagos.

Also, nooo, I liked Vase Off. :(

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Vase Off sucked. Good riddance imo.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wonder how much MGP Mr Sneezy is going to cost.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Vase Off sucked. Good riddance imo.

I hate Time of My Life more but agreed.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't understand the Vase Off hate, it was trivial and still faster than the more elaborate skinchange GATEs :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Also, it reminded me of Nicolas Cage!