Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JDRockefeller posted:

That lady dragon's first form was way better, why would you ever trade that for schluby goatee gargoyle.

Think even the Dragon Ball Heroes liked the female look more as her upgraded form is in her humanoid form instead of the dragon form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

it's hosed up because Tien deserves all that

I suppose I don't know Tien that well since I've only seen Z and Super (and GT, unfortunately), but I'm pretty sure Tien could have all that if he wanted, but he doesn't.
He's into the whole disciplined, ascetic monk thing, right?

. . . also, I wouldn't mind seeing Pikkon again, for like, an episode or two.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Captain France posted:

I suppose I don't know Tien that well since I've only seen Z and Super (and GT, unfortunately), but I'm pretty sure Tien could have all that if he wanted, but he doesn't.
He's into the whole disciplined, ascetic monk thing, right?

. . . also, I wouldn't mind seeing Pikkon again, for like, an episode or two.

Tien is into working out and absolutely nothing else.

He's like Goku, except it never works out for him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien flew off to train in the middle of nowhere with his clown life partner and that's the way he likes it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kild posted:

Dragonball has never really had a planet size bad guy let alone 7 yet.

Closest was Great Ape Vegeta I guess.

What about Slug?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Flytrap posted:

Tien is into working out and absolutely nothing else.

He's like Goku, except it never works out for him.

the sad life of a human who tries to imitate a saiyan

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tien never tried training at a hundred times earth's gravity.

Yamcha did.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The big difference between Tien and Goku is a pretty crucial one

Tien never sought out new masters.

Goku went up the ladder- he trained under everyone and anyone that would teach him. That was how Goku made such strides and when he improved the most. When left to his own devices, Goku would stall out like Tien has.

Tien is a hardcore traditionalist who thinks that one school of martial arts is all he really needs, despite getting some training from Roshi he is still primarily a Crane Student.

This also applies to Krillin for the record.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien trained with both kami (saiyan saga) and king kai (while he was dead). that's all of goku's masters until whis in super

the big difference is that goku's some bullshit alien with super powers when tien is just a dude

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

tien trained with both kami (saiyan saga) and king kai (while he was dead). that's all of goku's masters until whis in super

the big difference is that goku's some bullshit alien with super powers when tien is just a dude

Eh

With Kami, Tien did basically get the same thing Goku got, and he got WAY stronger than Goku did with the same kind of training.

King Kai is another matter. As far as we can tell, none of them actually trained with King Kai. They just...hung out. Otherwise they would have picked up the Kaio Ken or the Spirit Bomb

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he got stronger than goku did because it was later in the series

king kai mentions being surprised at how good goku is and thought to himself that maybe he'd even be able to learn kaioken. if it was something that tough to learn, I really doubt anyone except maybe piccolo even could learn it out of the group that went there. they just weren't as good as goku at punching things

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Yeah it was the dead arc with king kai where tien stopped powering up

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

King Kai is another matter. As far as we can tell, none of them actually trained with King Kai. They just...hung out. Otherwise they would have picked up the Kaio Ken or the Spirit Bomb

Yamcha wore King Kai's symbol on his Gi. He clearly considers him a teacher, and I'd be surprised if the same didn't go for the others. It's just that the Kaio-ken and Spirit Bomb are highly complex moves - the former couldn't even be used by its creator. Goku's a fighting genius who learns stuff far faster than he has any right to but the rest are just extremely skilled humans - geniuses in human terms, no doubt, but nowhere near the sheer power given by Saiyan genetics + some good ol' punchmanning.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Krillin would have learned the the Kaioken :colbert:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How come Cell never used the kaioken?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rhonne posted:

How come Cell never used the kaioken?

Forgot

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Why doesn't Cell go Super Saiyan?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

Arguably he does? He's got the gold aura and all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

how do you know he didn't when he has no hair

maybe he was in super cell form the whole time

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Ah, but when one goes Super Saiyan, their eyes turn blue as well.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

Cell's eyes are weird though. Most other characters have the dots that can just change color like that, but he starts out with snake eyes and then gets the weird realistic android eyes after he starts absorbing them. Maybe his are just different?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

clearly being a weird hybrid bug monster changes your eye color from blue to purple

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheLoneStar posted:

golden super saiyan because he has frieza's cells

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
could cell go golden super saiyan god super saiyan kk x 20 ultra instinct

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the real question is what would happen if cell saw a full moon

also, if he grew 50 feet tall like piccolo and then looked at the moon, would he reach space after turning into a bug monkey

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's funny is, Cell could have ABSOLUTELY used KaioKen if he thought about it.

It would have made him loving unstoppable in DBZ because he could just keep stacking it up. The only problem with Kaioken is that it destroys your body...but Cell literally doesn't have to give a poo poo about that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cell does care about that. regenerating costs stamina, which he admits when goku disintegrates his upper torso

you can't use it and super saiyan at the same time either so who's to say whether perfect cell could use it without blowing himself up. really nothing to go on

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheLoneStar posted:

Green, but regardless, that's not neccesarily true. Super Saiyan works weirdly when it's used by non-Saiyans. Baby Vegeta had his hair turn white, Mira and Fu get bloodshot eyes but keep their original hair colour, Black's Blue is pink instead, Fused Zamasu keeps Zamasu's white hair despite being in Rosé as well, etc.

Saiyan genetics are just kinda messy. Cell is clearly in a perma-Super state considering he has the same golden aura of a Super Saiyan, shows the same Power-Stressed form Trunks (and later, Goku and Caulifla) use, and even shows SS2-like sparks after powering up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kaioken buu though would be OP af.

Oh no, his body exploded. Well he is back in perfect shape.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XORsI58NZjM

Huh, Cumber already got SSJ3. That was fast.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XORsI58NZjM

Huh, Cumber already got SSJ3. That was fast.

It's Heroes, you must be really pathetic to be in Heroes and not have Super Saiyan 3. Like, we're talking about Goten-level here.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched the first episode of the Garlick Jr. Saga

Is it weird to anyone else that Krillin dated a woman who looked exactly like Bulma?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can't use it and super saiyan at the same time

Uhhh Goku vs Pikkon much?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

VJeff posted:

Uhhh Goku vs Pikkon much?

it was stated that Goku could only do that because he was dead; otherwise his body would have torn itself to shreds. the only reason SSB Kaioken works is because god ki is inherently different from regular ki

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Guy Goodbody posted:

I watched the first episode of the Garlick Jr. Saga

Is it weird to anyone else that Krillin dated a woman who looked exactly like Bulma?

The actual weird thing is he named his daughter after his ex

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was great. Also regarding TFS future Yes they will return

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

17's Boat Quest continues.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also if people thought the Cell Saga was to serious they confirmed the Buu saga will be much sillier.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shindragon posted:

Also regarding TFS future Yes they will return

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egr_lZb_ol0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Also yeah they said after Buu they are done with DBZ. no GT or Super