Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Already seen 'em three times and the only shows on the coast I'm on now are all in Cali (there's people up here too!) so meh. Have a good time those of you that are going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The first show seems to have had a partly quite interesting setlist. Won't spoil it here if anyone wants to be surprised but you can find it on Setlist.fm.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

extradite THIS! posted:

The first show seems to have had a partly quite interesting setlist. Won't spoil it here if anyone wants to be surprised but you can find it on Setlist.fm.

Goddamn! I hope there's footage of that. Really interested to see what they're gonna do for the rest of the tour.

edit: here's a decent recording of the most surprising part (not embedded in case of 'spoilers') youtube.com/watch?v=jPJTNSxGUh4
they played the entirety of broken EP integrally, which also means it's the first time in 2 decades that they played HiS

Samopsa fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Sep 14, 2018

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

well that loving owns but playing the mid 2000s hits after is a little :/ because how do you keep that energy going

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hot drat, that setlist :stare:

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

that is basically my dream 2018 NIN setlist, I'm so pissed this tour skipped right over NC and I couldn't make it to the closest stop

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm gonna try real hard to talk my way backstage @ the nashville show to interview JAMC, if my friend that goes to Vanderbilt comes through it'll happen and it'll be great

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NIN killing it this year with these sets

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
HIS sounded great. I don't know why he took such a long hiatus with that song. It's waaaaaay better than Wish.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

:stare: That's one heck of a setlist.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I would take the entirety of Broken over hearing the Fraio/Wretched/Closer trio live ever again

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Pretty sure reznor is mentally incapable of not performing Closer

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Donovan Trip posted:

I mean he didn't play it during the tour opening setlist we're talking about (though he did play it in the much weaker set for the second date)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hah that's badass

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm taking my little brother (okay, we're both grown-rear end adults) who only recently started getting into NIN from Reznor's soundtrack and more chilled-out work.

Now he's going to get this setlist full-blast in a live arena :getin:

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

Donovan Trip posted:

He didn’t even hint at playing it when I saw him during the Tension tour. Seriously no trace at all, no sneaky little vocals on other songs. He just straight up didn’t do it.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

I, Butthole posted:

I would take the entirety of Broken over hearing the Fraio/Wretched/Closer trio live ever again

don't you dare lump the frail/wretched in with closer like that :getout:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Frail, The Wretched and Closer, while often showing up on NIN setlists, all own and loving destroy live, which is part of the reason they're played do often in the first place

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

axelblaze posted:

The Frail, The Wretched and Closer, while often showing up on NIN setlists, all own and loving destroy live, which is part of the reason they're played do often in the first place
I skipped to the really good part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0sM4NKASwo&t=158s

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

night two of the phoenix shows they hosed with everyone by opening with mr self destruct

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

night two of the phoenix shows they hosed with everyone by opening with mr self destruct

they've been opening a bunch of shows this year with it!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sleepwalkers posted:

they've been opening a bunch of shows this year with it!!

i think you're thinking of somewhat damaged, self destruct hasnt been played since the wave goodbye shows

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think you're thinking of somewhat damaged, self destruct hasnt been played since the wave goodbye shows

ahahah gently caress my head translated it to "somewhat damaged"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

looking at all the shows they've done this year it does seem they're consistently opening with track 01s. they have a long slew of dates in nyc and la. i wonder if its a sign that we're gonna get tds live again, or maybe even the fragile in its entirity?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the fragile in its entirity

i would murder a lot of things to get that.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Somewhat Damaged has grown stale as an opener. Mr. Self Destruct is a much better song imo.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
It looks like they just added two hard rock las vegas shows to the lineup yesterday. I saw them play the joint at hard rock earlier this year and it was a great show and venue.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Leon Einstein posted:

Somewhat Damaged has grown stale as an opener. Mr. Self Destruct is a much better song imo.
long ago the Meathead Perspective made a joke comparing Somewhat Damaged to the Addams Family theme and I can’t unhear it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Acethomas posted:

It looks like they just added two hard rock las vegas shows to the lineup yesterday. I saw them play the joint at hard rock earlier this year and it was a great show and venue.

On a weekend too, man im hype

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 18, 2018

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Minidust posted:

long ago the Meathead Perspective made a joke comparing Somewhat Damaged to the Addams Family theme and I can’t unhear it
Thanks, jerk. Now I can't unhear it.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Minidust posted:

Oh no. You FedEx arrow’d me with this.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I still can't hear "The Downward Spiral (The Bottom)" without thinking of Trent slipping on a banana peel, also thanks to Meathead.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Minidust posted:

motherfuuuuuuuuckerrrrrrrr

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
PERFECT DRUG LIVE

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Dr Tran posted:

PERFECT DRUG LIVE

What? Huh? What does Echoing the sound have to say about that cryptic stateme-...holy poo poo

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn5Q4_ZANHg/?taken-by=warpath23

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr Tran posted:

PERFECT DRUG LIVE
YOU'VE GOTTA BE loving KIDDING ME

GuavaMoment posted:

What? Huh? What does Echoing the sound have to say about that cryptic stateme-...holy poo poo

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn5Q4_ZANHg/?taken-by=warpath23
Oh my goooooooooooooooood

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Jesus gently caress Ridley in Smash and now this

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006