Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

sexpig by night posted:

I 100% believe if I didn't look at election night in 2016 and just go 'oh poo poo so all that pragmatic poo poo I thought was right was a complete lie huh? Welp time to get off that train' I'd be one of those Trump tweet reply guys with phone alerts that go off during his 4 am dumps that help me race the other soulless animals to try to say "MORE LIKE DONALD RUMP YOU RUSSIAN HOMO" first.

You can change too Fulc, you just have to want to change.
If you still deny the essential fecklessness of the Democratic leadership after November 2016, I can't imagine what is going to bring you around. It's one thing if you're just basically uninformed and don't know any better, but Fulchrum hasn't got that excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Take my word for it.

How soon til you molt this smugness off, then?

Mister Fister posted:

Hillary lost to a used car salesman.

So imagine how badly Bernie, who lost to Hillary, would have done.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

If you still deny the essential fecklessness of the Democratic leadership after November 2016, I can't imagine what is going to bring you around. It's one thing if you're just basically uninformed and don't know any better, but Fulchrum hasn't got that excuse.

The feckless Democratic leadership not continuing to destroy challengers 9 to 1?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Not even a hint of irony.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

The feckless Democratic leadership not continuing to destroy challengers 9 to 1?

this isn't blood in his mouth, you see. it's victory wine.

it tastes like Vote For Cuomo Not The Homo being a thing he has to pretend to be proud of.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

He'd have won by the biggest landslide in history, metaphorical and literal geological activity. The only thing bigger than his victory would have been the loss to the DNC donations, and every poll indicated this.

Clinton had basically lost every other election short of the one uncontested one while married to a sitting president, and in every poll was neck and neck with a reality TV character since the spring before the election.

Between Bernie, Clinton, and Trump winning, only Bernie winning was a problem for people who's job is just to keep up donations. That's the terrible reality we live in, and fundamentally why the Democratic party has to be dismantled in its current state.

Imagine earnestly supporting a candidate who was so unpalatable they directly lost to Trump, so embarrassing.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Fulchrum posted:

Oh man - did you think that post was directed at you? How embarrassing for you.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Oh man - did you think that post was directed at you? How embarrassing for you.

You do understand you actually put my handle in the post, right?

Sneakster posted:

He'd have won by the biggest landslide in history, metaphorical and literal geological activity. The only thing bigger than his victory would have been the loss to the DNC donations, and every poll indicated this.

Clinton had basically lost every other election short of the one uncontested one while married to a sitting president, and in every poll was neck and neck with a reality TV character since the spring before the election.

Between Bernie, Clinton, and Trump winning, only Bernie winning was a problem for people who's job is just to keep up donations. That's the terrible reality we live in, and fundamentally why the Democratic party has to be dismantled in its current state.

Imagine earnestly supporting a candidate who was so unpalatable they directly lost to Trump, so embarrassing.

Yes, somehow, even though the past two goddamn years have proven the whole leftist "economic anxiety" thing was just pure horseshit, Bernie would have gotten voters out of thin air who would support him. And the candidate who had never, in his entire political career, have even the most tepid, milquetoast negative ad run about him, and who had more negative info found on him by the RNC than Hillary Clinton, would of course easily be able to defeat the multi billion dollar right wing propaganda engine.

Keep on using that Bernie Math to prove why victory was assured, and the only reason he lost was those eeeeevil people who were pulling the strings to sabotage him.

Unless you admit Bernie would have lost badly, you're still going to keep seeing things like Nixon being crushed by Cuomo.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 14, 2018

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, somehow, even though the past two goddamn years have proven the whole leftist "economic anxiety" thing was just pure horseshit, Bernie would have gotten voters out of thin air who would support him. And the candidate who had never, in his entire political career, have even the most tepid, milquetoast negative ad run about him, and who had more negative info found on him by the RNC than Hillary Clinton, would of course easily be able to defeat the multi billion dollar right wing propaganda engine.

Keep on using that Bernie Math to prove why victory was assured, and the only reason he lost was those eeeeevil people who were pulling the strings to sabotage him.

Unless you admit Bernie would have lost badly, you're still going to keep seeing things like Nixon being crushed by Cuomo.
lol

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
reduced to claiming Hillary did the best that could be imagined against Trump. that nobody could have done better, against a sundowning serial groper.

delicious.

tell me, Fulchrum.

do you think Bernie Sanders would have skipped Wisconsin.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, somehow, even though the past two goddamn years have proven the whole leftist "economic anxiety" thing was just pure horseshit, Bernie would have gotten voters out of thin air who would support him.

I, too, am completely ignorant of the ~40% of the eligible population who does not vote.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Fulchrum posted:

Imagine being so broken that you think whenever someone calls you a piece of poo poo that it's part of a dialogue with you.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Briefly imagine how much of a dumb baboon you would have to be to look at the past several decades and conclude the problem stems from Trump being a celebrity before taking a merciful leap off a bridge.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

In general it's telling the amount of folks here who value "experience" (in pushing wretched horseshit) more than they do an actual progressive agenda.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Oh Snapple! posted:

In general it's telling the amount of folks here who value "experience" (in pushing wretched horseshit) more than they do an actual progressive agenda.
Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibw5WRuKqwA&t=1959s

The time Sanders joked about nationalizing the means of production.

Thats the stuff he says when nobody is looking.

:getin:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
on one face I speak how Cumeo won on his merits and on the other I speak how Trump won because of voter suppression

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's also funny when people point to Trump's lack of experience, because while Trump is a terrible president, he is a terrible president on purpose. With barely a majority in the senate the republicans passed the sweeping tax reform they wanted, killed the mandate for the ACA, and are on the verge of a second supreme court seat.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

joepinetree posted:

It's also funny when people point to Trump's lack of experience, because while Trump is a terrible president, he is a terrible president on purpose. With barely a majority in the senate the republicans passed the sweeping tax reform they wanted, killed the mandate for the ACA, and are on the verge of a second supreme court seat.

Yeah speaking honestly I'd like to know who the gently caress is looking at Trump and is just disgusted at his inexperience and not him being a wretched piece of poo poo pushing every wretched piece of poo poo republican policy he can.

I mean I know, but still.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Grognan posted:

on one face I speak how Cumeo won on his merits and on the other I speak how Trump won because of voter suppression
Neither contradicts each other despite being vomit inducing.

joepinetree posted:

With barely a majority in the senate the republicans passed the sweeping tax reform they wanted, killed the mandate for the ACA,
Good. Aetna swiping a couple thousand directly from the pockets of the middle class for the privilege of not having health insurance in an allegedly first world country is something that'd be prosecuted as a RICO case in a sane world. The UK botched its first attempt at establishing an NHS that not even their nazi party wants to destroy.

The only part of the ACA that isn't trash is the previous condition stuff and Medicaid expansion that not even Super Bitch McConnell powered by all the unspeakable blood rites of the 400 arch daemon vile ones gathered in Texas couldn't destroy.

M4A or bust.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yeah speaking honestly I'd like to know who the gently caress is looking at Trump and is just disgusted at his inexperience and not him being a wretched piece of poo poo pushing every wretched piece of poo poo republican policy he can.

I mean I know, but still.

You want the list, cross-indexed by address.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Grognan posted:

The key sign of voter suppression is record breaking voter turnout. Voter turnout that Cynthia Nixon immediately said was a huge problem that should have been stopped.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

tell me, Fulchrum.

do you think Bernie Sanders would have skipped Wisconsin.
Depends, were there any black Democrats present for him to avoid at all costs?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Sep 14, 2018

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Y'all, that was an exceptionally idiotic take and there's no whitewashing that. Anyone who supported Nixon should be really disappointed in her either for making that statement or for allowing someone like that on her staff with enough seniority that they can speak for the campaign.

Of course Fulchrum, in his zealousness to punch left, is misrepresenting the statement to make it seem even worse than it already is. So he's still poo poo, but so is this statement from Nixon's campaign (or Nixon herself, or whatever - doesn't really matter).

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Seems like Nixon had Cuomo feeling shook and pushed him to the left on a lot of issues. Not bad considering:

quote:

Cuomo's campaign has taken Nixon seriously, spending about $400,000 per day during a recent three-week stretch, according to public filings, which is slightly less than Nixon's total spending over the same period.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The liberal mind has been broken into treated Hillary's abject incompetence and miserable failure as the absolute best of all possible worlds.

Republicans at least are capable of recognising their failures and memory holing them. Imagine if they were still talking about Jeb!

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sexpig by night posted:

MORE LIKE DONALD RUMP YOU RUSSIAN HOMO

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm only part Russian homo.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The liberal mind has been broken into treated Hillary's abject incompetence and miserable failure as the absolute best of all possible worlds.

Republicans at least are capable of recognising their failures and memory holing them. Imagine if they were still talking about Jeb!

I'm sure behind closed doors they sometimes are talking about Jeb or one of the other candidates instead of having to deal with the constant dumpster fire of a Trump presidency - but you're right they are just trying to make the best of it and pass as many tax cuts for the rich and kills as many browns as they can meanwhile.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Depends, were there any black Democrats present for him to avoid at all costs?

Clumsy, even for you Fulchrum.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

pseudanonymous posted:

I'm sure behind closed doors they sometimes are talking about Jeb or one of the other candidates instead of having to deal with the constant dumpster fire of a Trump presidency - but you're right they are just trying to make the best of it and pass as many tax cuts for the rich and kills as many browns as they can meanwhile.

For all the #NeverTrump Republican is deified by Democrats, you sure as gently caress don't see a lot of 'Ted Cruz would have won' or so on from that camp. They know who owns the narrative now, they're just guarding a niche as long as it seems useful and not a moment more.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fulchrum posted:

Let me try it in a way thats more palatable to you.

Sure, Cuomo may have "gotten more votes" and "appealed to more people" and will "actually get to be governor", but Nixon appealled to you personally, and that's the REAL victory.

Thank you for once again rushing in to share your giddiness and joy that a bad thing happened.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm glad julia salazar won despite the msm being absolutely slimy in their reporting on her

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The bigger story anyway is the IDC got wrecked which should be the fate of worthless Democrats that want to help Republicans. Cuomo is going to have a somewhat harder time if he can't just work with Republicans like he wants to.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Did Cynthia successfully distract them from the real threat?

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

I know you're quoting, but bernie had more crossover appeal than the candidate who campaigned on having it and 2016 was characterized by both low turnout and voters leaving the top slot blank.

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 14, 2018

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Helsing posted:

Seems like Nixon had Cuomo feeling shook and pushed him to the left on a lot of issues. Not bad considering:

Was that Cuomo feeling shook or Cuomo just not loving around like Hillary did?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

i'm glad julia salazar won despite the msm being absolutely slimy in their reporting on her

if this went on for another week we'd have someone on MSNBC demanding she submit to a skull measuring

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mister Fister posted:

Hillary lost to a used car salesman.
Choose one (1) 'witty' reply:
China doesn't sell cars in America.
Trump hasn't sold a drat thing in his life.
Used Car Salesmen will pay you for the trade-in.
He'd have to re-detail the car after every test-drive.
Yes, at Redline Motors.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

Choose one (1) 'witty' reply:
China doesn't sell cars in America.
Trump hasn't sold a drat thing in his life.
Used Car Salesmen will pay you for the trade-in.
He'd have to re-detail the car after every test-drive.
Yes, at Redline Motors.

This kind of used car salesman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

EdithUpwards posted:

I know you're quoting, but bernie had more crossover appeal than the candidate who campaigned on having it and 2016 was characterized by both low turnout and voters leaving the top slot blank.

I'm pretty sure Hillary's 'crossover appeal' was next to nonexistent. Republicans, especially suburban middle class ones, have been specifically trained for literal decades to despise her in particular.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
How come people get instaprobed if they post "Democrats bad" in the thread where everyone loves Democrats, but Fulchrum can come in here and troll with total impunity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

How come people get instaprobed if they post "Democrats bad" in the thread where everyone loves Democrats, but Fulchrum can come in here and troll with total impunity?

Because he's so bad at it, which is legit funny.

• Locked thread