Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

I like my blue truck, my yellow moped, and tiny silver Suzuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Fievel Goes Bi posted:

I like my blue truck, my yellow moped, and tiny silver Suzuki.

I'd like more pictures of your tiny silver Suzuki tbh

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

KakerMix posted:

I second this

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Ask and you shall receive.

You can kinda see the road safety (charm?) hanging below the dash in this picture. so far so good no one has run me over yet.

The smallest little woofer :woof:

And of course the Cappuccino's party trick roof

Those are probably the worst angles gonna try and touch up the front bumper corner and rear qtr myself. If it comes out like total poo poo then its wrapping time.

Fievel Goes Bi fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 9, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Fievel Goes Bi posted:

Ask and you shall receive.

You can kinda see the road safety (charm?) hanging below the dash in this picture. so far so good no one has run me over yet.

The smallest little woofer :woof:

And of course the Cappuccino's party trick roof

Those are probably the worst angles gonna try and touch up the front bumper corner and rear qtr myself. If it comes out like total poo poo then its wrapping time.

Looks great! What's it like to drive though? You never stopped by the import thread and let us know and I am v. disappointed :colbert:

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Haha sorry go from buying a kei car one day then picking up some old tractors the next.

It’s a strange car to drive. Just putting around town just feels like a normal car. I wouldn’t hesitate to take it on a long trip in a heartbeat. Handles the highway no prob. And isn’t to uncomfortable to drive. Just happily burbles along. Parking is stupid easy downtown which is nice. But put it on a back road with some hills and twists, it’s a god drat riot grinning from ear to ear. Totally different car. Suzuki really built a real sports car not just something that looks the part. Really needs some real tires though then it’ll become truly go kart like. Still lots of fun to show up dudes with exotics parked around town. Every time I see it and drive it just puts a stupid smile on my face.

Electric Pigeon
Aug 14, 2008
I couldn't get my FiST in Snot Green, but am otherwise delighted with my guys.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Sadi posted:

Bought the car with a beautiful respray on it. Flat as glass and well done. On rock chip on the whole car when I got it. I love the orange with black roof, its supper gold metallic under the orange so it looks creamy in the sun but simply orange in the dark. Huge fan of the cinnamon interior as well, black leather is lame. Also manual, manual seats, no sun roof. Was pretty full of stoke when I found it. Ill be almost as stoked when I sell it.

That cinnamon is awesome, love the orange too.

Let me know when you sell it, I've still yet to own a bmw and it's on the bucket list

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I'm kind of hoping the goon with the new Electric Blue ZL1 Camaro comes back to throw up pics of his insanely Blue Camaro.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Purple:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

clutchpuck posted:

I picked up a truck last weekend.

I dunno, this was kind of a frustrating shopping experience:

I had a 98 F150 3door Flareside that I used mostly to drive close to the bus stop and take the dirt bikes wherever we're gonna ride em. But with a toddler, bringing kid and kid gear and dirt bikes and dirt bike gear had the truck packed floor to ceiling and no room in the box. Uncomfortable. So I had three criteria for a new truck: 1) Box is at least as long as the flareside's. 2) 4 doors. 3) Not loving lifted.There's nothing in 1/2 ton size with 4 doors and box length anything close to the Flareside's so the next step up is this loving 3/4 ton Gobiwagen. And everybody with a 3/4 ton who isn't 60 years old puts lift kits and bad looking wheels on them. So it's a 250 King Ranch oldmanmobile. I don't really need a truck this big and, uh, leathery, but they don't make something smaller that fits my needs.

clutchpuck posted:

It's the 3 valve 6.8l V10 on the 5 speed auto.

This is after I spent a day conditioning the leather.

:tviv: that looks amazing! Congrats on the truck. Those King Ranches are really nice. I've got a 2011 Ecoboost F150 and I'm very jealous.

builds character posted:

Post pictures with the bikes in it. :colbert:
This is the correct response.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm kind of hoping the goon with the new Electric Blue ZL1 Camaro comes back to throw up pics of his insanely Blue Camaro.

You called?

Hyper Blue Metallic actually :science:

Need to take some more pics, it's dirty as gently caress after going on a couple road trips though.

Rear tires are already basically bald so time to make a burnout video before I swap them.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

joe944 posted:

You called?

Need to take some more pics, it's dirty as gently caress after going on a couple road trips though.

Rear tires are already basically bald so time to make a burnout video before I swap them.

Nice black puddle of oil pouring out from under it.

Yes, I know it's actually your shadow.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Do you leave that tow hook in all the time?

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Do you leave that tow hook in all the time?

I meant to install the front plate but never got around to it. So.. yes.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

joe944 posted:

You called?

Yeah thats the one. The other pics you showed were even better. One of the most memorable rides from this thread imo.

2j Felatio
Sep 7, 2018

When your friends have cars just as cool as yours. Fast & Furious BBQ style hangout

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

2j Felatio posted:

When your friends have cars just as cool as yours. Fast & Furious BBQ style hangout

And which one is yours? :P

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

2j Felatio posted:

I'm in the wrong part of the country

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms

Charles posted:

And which one is yours? :P

The GTR is mine and the 300ZX is Lord of Garbagemen's. If this is who I think it is the rest are his?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Street parked cars are boring, tell us about that beauty in the driveway

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Jay Dee Em???

I bought another Rugger, this one is a 93 with less than 13 thousand actual miles on it, a brand new early 90s diesel!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Jay Dee Em???

I bought another Rugger, this one is a 93 with less than 13 thousand actual miles on it, a brand new early 90s diesel!

This is so badass, can I just come and sit in your warehouse all day and watch you detail cars?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

This is so badass, can I just come and sit in your warehouse all day and watch you detail cars?

Sure but I've been blasting 'The Best Of Sade' lately so if you aren't smooth then no, you can't come over :mad:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

https://imgur.com/a/XXrwD5Y

Have been blasting around in the '88 a bit while we wait for the BringATrailer listing to go live... Such a fun car. Have been putting some miles on it to ensure we have worked out anything it might need and it's driving really nicely. I went and took my dad for a ride last night and he was impressed; he hasn't ever owned a BMW car, just a bike, but he was clearly appreciative of what a fun package it is.

Its top-end power since turning it into the 2.7 i stroker is noticeable, it really likes to pull hard from 4k up. Even with the 2.93 (LSD) rear end, and at ~6000 ft, it's very streetable, and of course highway RPMs are much lower than if it had a 3.73. I want one of these to keep now.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Tremek posted:

Have been blasting around in the '88 a bit while we wait for the BringATrailer listing to go live... Such a fun car. Have been putting some miles on it to ensure we have worked out anything it might need and it's driving really nicely. I went and took my dad for a ride last night and he was impressed; he hasn't ever owned a BMW car, just a bike, but he was clearly appreciative of what a fun package it is.

Its top-end power since turning it into the 2.7 i stroker is noticeable, it really likes to pull hard from 4k up. Even with the 2.93 (LSD) rear end, and at ~6000 ft, it's very streetable, and of course highway RPMs are much lower than if it had a 3.73. I want one of these to keep now.

I'm glad someone is taking me up on my advice to buy a couple of E30s.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Lightbulb Out posted:

I'm glad someone is taking me up on my advice to buy a couple of E30s.

tbqh I can see this becoming a problem

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Tremek posted:

:getin:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tremek posted:

"I want one to keep now."

Kay. Doesn't look like it's leaving.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Rhyno posted:

"I want one to keep now."

Kay. Doesn't look like it's leaving.

Nah, both will get sold. 14ID needs to upgrade his winter accommodations and take to market his bumper crop of not-running 1980s Yamahas.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Tremek posted:

Yeah, obviously need to expand your color palette a bit.

2j Felatio
Sep 7, 2018

2j Felatio posted:

Forester XT: daily
Kei vehicles: joint venture with a few guys
Sienna: family rig
Miata: track day & toy
Toyota Pickup: general hauler
BMW F650 GS: bike can be seen peeking over the Forester from the front porch

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Tremek posted:

the high displacement e30s are so good - 80s BMWs with the six in line own too but good luck finding a decent 635/OG m5 these days. freude am fahren indeed. This one in great condition, guessing it was kept indoors to keep that red paint looking this nice 30 years on. The rims are worth a small fortune too, the silver ones are over here at least. I’m not sure i’ve seen those in gold before

dema
Aug 13, 2006

No. 6 posted:

It even does well pulling my race bike with tools and gear to the track.

I love this.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Tremek posted:

If you check your BMW service manual, as the car goes back each panel surface needs to be 1mm higher up top and wider down the side as you progress from front to back. Why? BMW things :v:
You have a sad sunroof, the back needs lifting, plus any idea why the front susp is so high? I'm only being silly here but people are going to be pointing things like that out on BaT.
Good luck with the sale, I hope you get $8k for it as that's possible in BaT.
E: I mainly ended up with a e34 because I wanted 4 dr and most things out there that were good were limited to 2dr or 318. If the right 323/325 4dr was out there I would have got one but I settled on a cheap m50 4dr 5 series.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 15, 2018

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Yeah sunroof is fine, it just needs another half-turn of the crank once it feels "closed" to be level, and then the lever still locks into place just fine. I think some of those pics were taken when it wasn't quite fully level.

Front suspension might look "high" because those pics were actually taken on a slight incline. Otherwise it's fine as far as I can tell. We're going to go make a driving video soon.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

Dennis McClaren posted:

Yeah thats the one. The other pics you showed were even better. One of the most memorable rides from this thread imo.

The older pictures were taken at dusk with just a little bit of light, probably with some pixel post processing as well. This is a more realistic view of the actual color. I love how the metallic paints will look different based on the lighting.

On the right we have my 04 MSM that needs an engine, although I haven't decided on which one yet.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

joe944 posted:

On the right we have my 04 MSM that needs an engine, although I haven't decided on which one yet.

Red car should get the engine out of the blue car. Inshallah.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.rx7world.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1-Year-unlimited-mile-warranty

Though I've heard there are clearance issues with the output shaft bring too high up. But I have seen running examples so it is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Proof that my "big dumb stupid suv why would anyone buy a dumb SUV just get a Miata instead" vehicle sometimes gets used properly.

Also a little bonus, sithlords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliPXadyQmc

Apologies for the vertical video my brother is 18 and never turns his phone sideways.

D C fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 18, 2018