Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Clap Your Hands Say The Xbox One X Is Actually Pretty Good RAM Wise

*lolling but also a manchurian candidate style effect causes me to actually do it*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Star fox is by far the worst nintendo franchiae including their early arcade games and the fmv laserdisc lightgun game they did and if you buy star fox dlc for the skylanders space open world shooting ubisoft game you need to be cleaved from pate to pelvis by a ColdSteel TM brand Scottish highland two handed sword a beautiful display puece of to e American craftsmanshio but also a deadly tool of self defense

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

*lolling but also a manchurian candidate style effect causes me to actually do it*

Now I know why Uncle at Nintendo kept posting that Hryb joke over and over

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Would have been cool to start a weird am style parody band that sings about computers called clap your hands and say ram

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

Star fox is by far the worst nintendo franchiae including their early arcade games and the fmv laserdisc lightgun game they did and if you buy star fox dlc for the skylanders space open world shooting ubisoft game you need to be cleaved from pate to pelvis by a ColdSteel TM brand Scottish highland two handed sword a beautiful display puece of to e American craftsmanshio but also a deadly tool of self defense

ill buy it when its $1 clearance

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Would have been cool to start a weird am style parody band that sings about computers called clap your hands and say ram

Wrong RAM [Sublime parody].mp3

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't particularly like Animal Crossing but it's cool they're actually making a game the fans desperately want instead of a 3ds arena brawler with a beloved license slapped on it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ff tactics on Switch. Please

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ff tactics on Switch. Please

All of them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't particularly like Animal Crossing but it's cool they're actually making a game the fans desperately want instead of a 3ds arena brawler with a beloved license slapped on it

I think they've had a animal crossing on every Nintendo console since the n64, even the Wii U, so I don't know why people thought it would never happen on their most successfully selling hardware in like two decades.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the only one I ever played was starfox adventures and I couldn't get past the part where you had to mash A to pass a test of strength in a lizard village

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

the only one I ever played was starfox adventures and I couldn't get past the part where you had to mash A to pass a test of strength in a lizard village

Star Fox Adventures isn't very good but it's a bad Zelda clone so it's nothing like any other SF game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I think they've had a animal crossing on every Nintendo console since the n64, even the Wii U, so I don't know why people thought it would never happen on their most successfully selling hardware in like two decades.

there was no full animal crossing on wii u, just that awful board game, so it was more people itching to get the next one sooner rather than later, since we all assumed it was coming

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I. played star fox 64 and enjoyed it but that's it

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Star Fox Assault was good--even the ground level parts which isn't a popular opinion I think--but the story was extremely weird. Something about cicadas and Fox's dad talking to him from beyond the grave.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

there was no full animal crossing on wii u, just that awful board game, so it was more people itching to get the next one sooner rather than later, since we all assumed it was coming

oh maybe i was thinking of the wii one. Didn't they put out a voice chat peripheral for that game?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
star fox assault's ground sections are loving awful

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Star Fox Assault was good--even the ground level parts which isn't a popular opinion I think--but the story was extremely weird. Something about cicadas and Fox's dad talking to him from beyond the grave.

I played... Command? And the story was completely insane. There are like a hundred characters including octoman from f zero for some loving reason . also I think pigma is a cube?

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 14, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

oh maybe i was thinking of the wii one. Didn't they put out a voice chat peripheral for that game?

that was wii, if they had done it on wii u, that had a mic built into the gamepad it coulda used

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The original Star Fox and 64 are good but the other ones I've played are dire.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

new leaf is 5 years old which is pretty massive for a game youre supposed to play daily that doesnt receive regular updates

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I. played star fox 64 and enjoyed it but that's it

star fox 64 is in my top 5 faves all time and it sucks rear end that every other game in the series or even in that style sucks rear end

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

star fox zero rules :twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

new leaf is 5 years old which is pretty massive for a game youre supposed to play daily that doesnt receive regular updates

thats true. the art in the new one looks pretty great, if that was anything what in game will look like

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I always wanted to replay Star Fox Adventures for some reason. I didn't even like it enough the first time to beat it but it's still a cool relic of weird 911 gaming history

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never played SFA but everything I saw of it put off huge "Rareware" vibes.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

64 is the only good one. the most hosed up thing about assault is that the first level is incredible, and is everything star fox should be, but theres like 3 other ship/tank levels and the other 80% of the game is awful bullshit

the multiplayer in assault owned though lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

64 is the only good one. the most hosed up thing about assault is that the first level is incredible, and is everything star fox should be, but theres like 3 other ship/tank levels and the other 80% of the game is awful bullshit

the multiplayer in assault owned though lol

yeah i wish zero had more stages like the first one, just normal rear end flying forward shooting at poo poo levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I always wanted to replay Star Fox Adventures for some reason. I didn't even like it enough the first time to beat it but it's still a cool relic of weird 911 gaming history

its so weird. everything about it has nothign to do with star fox and its all about fox trying to have sex with the fox babe, while dinosaurs mumble in their fake language about the cosmos. ive gone back to watch video of it for the same reason and it seems like a fake game.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
64 was amazing and is still a lot of fun. I have some fond memories of assault but for the most part it was a mess. The rest are trash and proof you don't need all the fluff around it to make a good Star Fox game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nintendo laughing counting their money as MS execs ask if they own Donkey Kong now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a 3dsmake of 64 that is prettied up and doesnt run at an awful framerate but theres a catch: its on the 3ds that hurts my hands after 20 minutes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Could never get into any Star Fox game, for the life of me. Loved that promotional VHS movie about it though.

https://youtu.be/F0i_SI63I70

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

wasn't adventures basically an original rareware game that got turned into a star fox game late in development?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tales of Woe posted:

wasn't adventures basically an original rareware game that got turned into a star fox game late in development?

Yeah it was an N64 game called Dinosaur Planet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:yeah:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah it was an N64 game called Dinosaur Planet

Someone has Dinosaur Planet on ebay right now for like $15,000

Unrelated but someone in this thread said that in Mario Odyssey there was a hidden kingdom entrance somewhere in the sandwich kingdom? I beat the game and don't remember that and Google is doing nothing but telling me where hidden moons are. Can anyone elaborate or give a link? tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Huh did the Switch outsell the original Wii because I remember it being loving huge.