Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
On the topic of citizenship and passport issues lately, our immigration lawyers are trying to sort out visas for my top young scientist we're trying to retain. It took four months to get her H1B paperwork processed, they've received a letter saying it'll be another 5 months to grant it to the temp agency we found her through since they're the original sponsor, and that it will take "NO LESS THAN NINE MONTHS" to transfer the sponsorship to us, even though the girl already works for us. Customs and Immigration is seriously, seriously dragging their feet on anyone who fails the paper bag test right now. This entire process took 3-4 months last time I hired someone through it, which was coincidentally under the previous administration.

18 months minimum to get a H1B processed and transferred to a new sponsor, and we're a $60B p/yr scale company. I can't even imagine the hell people without bottomless pocketbooks and their own legal departments/bribed senators are going through these days.

Edit: Actually, the LAST time I tried to hire someone through it, they already worked for us, had a full-time offer + sponsorship willingness, had worked with us under a student experience work visa for two years, went to both grad and undergrad in the USA, and had no criminal record at all. Their visa application didn't even make it through the lottery process, and she's now back in Malaysia. Current administration.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
I've definitely noticed it's suddenly become much, much harder to hire anyone on a visa. These are for analytics/data science roles (which are very competitive and hard to hire for right now) and the people we're trying to hire have great qualifications, but it's suddenly give from a smooth(ish) process to multiple rounds of back and forth and huge amounts of justification required.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
My former intern is applying for a green card, and I've had a back and forth with the paralegal handling her case to make sure a technicality on the letter I'm writing saying that she worked here won't get her rejected.

If you aren't familiar, look up "literacy tests" and how they were used to disenfranchise people, in living memory. Then look at how we're talking about taking away citizenship for people who've lived their entire lives here and even served in the military.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
America has changed since I was young and got a green card in 2 years.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Even before Trump, it took a friend of mine about a year and a half to get a green card for her husband. She’d been with him for four years and they had been married for at least one by the time it started. I’m sure it had nothing to do with him being Nicaraguan.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My cousin has been married to an Australian dude for like 5 years and they're still. Jumping through hoops for his citizenship. They may just head down under

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Volmarias posted:

My former intern is applying for a green card, and I've had a back and forth with the paralegal handling her case to make sure a technicality on the letter I'm writing saying that she worked here won't get her rejected.

If you aren't familiar, look up "literacy tests" and how they were used to disenfranchise people, in living memory. Then look at how we're talking about taking away citizenship for people who've lived their entire lives here and even served in the military.

We also had people in the Middle East who served in our military for a promise of citizenship (and still lived locally so they had to worry about their whole family being killed) and then they just hosed them over and denied their citizenship.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Sundae posted:

On the topic of citizenship and passport issues lately, our immigration lawyers are trying to sort out visas for my top young scientist we're trying to retain. It took four months to get her H1B paperwork processed, they've received a letter saying it'll be another 5 months to grant it to the temp agency we found her through since they're the original sponsor, and that it will take "NO LESS THAN NINE MONTHS" to transfer the sponsorship to us, even though the girl already works for us. Customs and Immigration is seriously, seriously dragging their feet on anyone who fails the paper bag test right now. This entire process took 3-4 months last time I hired someone through it, which was coincidentally under the previous administration.

18 months minimum to get a H1B processed and transferred to a new sponsor, and we're a $60B p/yr scale company. I can't even imagine the hell people without bottomless pocketbooks and their own legal departments/bribed senators are going through these days.

Edit: Actually, the LAST time I tried to hire someone through it, they already worked for us, had a full-time offer + sponsorship willingness, had worked with us under a student experience work visa for two years, went to both grad and undergrad in the USA, and had no criminal record at all. Their visa application didn't even make it through the lottery process, and she's now back in Malaysia. Current administration.

Heads up, the reason for this is partly that USCIS has a Premium Processing service where you pay for faster processing (literally, you just pay an extra $1200 to the government and they'll give you a response in 2 weeks instead of months). Except that they have suspended it for anyone applying for a new H-1B or changing employers, which means that those people now have to eat months of processing time instead. For many people that makes changing employers basically impossible, because they have to either find a company that is willing to wait months to hire then while it's processing, of they have to be ready to switch employers before the approval (this is allowed) and hope that there aren't issues with the case - because if you switch employers and your case is ultimately denied, your start is retroactively disallowed and you are now out of status and have to leave. Unsurprisingly, most people were paying for Premium processing so they could actually get an approval and start with some assurance. Not anymore! It's been suspended until February, and it's just a guess it will come back them; for new H-1Bs - like your candidate - it's already been suspended since April and was supposed to be restored this month.

USCIS also issued two changes in processing rules over the summer. The first is that they no longer have to issue you a request for evidence before denying a case -they used to have to notify you of any issue and give you a chance to respond and address it, and if you failed to do so they'd issue the denial. The administration decided that was too onerous, so now they can decide to just skip that step and issue a denial immediately, even if its a relatively minor error or omission. If that happens, you can try to file an appeal, but good luck because the processing time on an appeal is literally years.

The second change was that if your application is denied and it leaves you without status (like, say, you decided to change employers before your approval, as above) then USCIS will immediately refer you for removal/deportation. Previously if you ended up in that situation, USCIS would assume that you would do the right thing and either try to clear up your status or leave the US (which is fairly reasonable, because most professional people aren't keen on going underground). Now they will issue you a Notice To Appear for a removal hearing and put you straight into the grinder.

USCIS RFE/Denial rates were up 50% at the end of last year, before they started slamming down this new stuff over the summer. I have had RFEs (requests for evidence) where USCIS doesn't accept a position as being a 'specialty occupation' and wants additional evidence that it really requires a Bachelors or higher in a specific field. That wasn't unusual for positions where you see a lot of people coming in with raw experience or flexibility over education (programmers, for instance, or famously sales positions). Occupations I've had to respond to that for this year? Biostatisticians, Biochemists, Mechanical Engineers. We received one for a Software Developer (not programmer, developer) because the DOL guidelines say that you can get that role with a degree in 'Computer Science or Software Engineering', and USCIS decided that because there was more than one acceptable degree, it wasn't a specialized field. :downs:

One of the hospitals we work with had an RFE for a doctor not being a specialty occupation. I don't even know what you are supposed to say to that.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Ashcans posted:

Heads up, the reason for this is partly that USCIS has a Premium Processing service where you pay for faster processing (literally, you just pay an extra $1200 to the government and they'll give you a response in 2 weeks instead of months). Except that they have suspended it for anyone applying for a new H-1B or changing employers, which means that those people now have to eat months of processing time instead. For many people that makes changing employers basically impossible, because they have to either find a company that is willing to wait months to hire then while it's processing, of they have to be ready to switch employers before the approval (this is allowed) and hope that there aren't issues with the case - because if you switch employers and your case is ultimately denied, your start is retroactively disallowed and you are now out of status and have to leave. Unsurprisingly, most people were paying for Premium processing so they could actually get an approval and start with some assurance. Not anymore! It's been suspended until February, and it's just a guess it will come back them; for new H-1Bs - like your candidate - it's already been suspended since April and was supposed to be restored this month.

USCIS also issued two changes in processing rules over the summer. The first is that they no longer have to issue you a request for evidence before denying a case -they used to have to notify you of any issue and give you a chance to respond and address it, and if you failed to do so they'd issue the denial. The administration decided that was too onerous, so now they can decide to just skip that step and issue a denial immediately, even if its a relatively minor error or omission. If that happens, you can try to file an appeal, but good luck because the processing time on an appeal is literally years.

The second change was that if your application is denied and it leaves you without status (like, say, you decided to change employers before your approval, as above) then USCIS will immediately refer you for removal/deportation. Previously if you ended up in that situation, USCIS would assume that you would do the right thing and either try to clear up your status or leave the US (which is fairly reasonable, because most professional people aren't keen on going underground). Now they will issue you a Notice To Appear for a removal hearing and put you straight into the grinder.

USCIS RFE/Denial rates were up 50% at the end of last year, before they started slamming down this new stuff over the summer. I have had RFEs (requests for evidence) where USCIS doesn't accept a position as being a 'specialty occupation' and wants additional evidence that it really requires a Bachelors or higher in a specific field. That wasn't unusual for positions where you see a lot of people coming in with raw experience or flexibility over education (programmers, for instance, or famously sales positions). Occupations I've had to respond to that for this year? Biostatisticians, Biochemists, Mechanical Engineers. We received one for a Software Developer (not programmer, developer) because the DOL guidelines say that you can get that role with a degree in 'Computer Science or Software Engineering', and USCIS decided that because there was more than one acceptable degree, it wasn't a specialized field. :downs:

One of the hospitals we work with had an RFE for a doctor not being a specialty occupation. I don't even know what you are supposed to say to that.

Is there a good source that you can point me to on all this? Those are some sweeping changes and I have family members with immigration issues...

Edit: not challenging you, just want to know more.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I keep meaning to put together a big post about all the recent changes for the immigration thread and not doing it because it makes me depressed. :(

Here is the announcement about Premium Processing

This is about the new NTA policy for when someone has a petition denied or revoked

This is a discussion of a policy implemented last year I didn't mention - Previously, it was USCIS policy to defer to a prior decision when handling a case. This meant that if USCIS had previously approved a position as a specialty occupation, for example, or had agreed that someone's foreign education was sufficient for a role, when you filed an extension for that position USCIS would adhere to whatever previous decision it had made. The new memo changes this - every petition is now considered completely fresh. This means that you can be approved to work for a specific position with your education, and then when you file a simple extension three years later, USCIS may determine that your education isn't adequate or the position doesn't qualify. It means that even staying in an approved position isn't safe moving forward, and we've seen people who have been with the same company for 8, 10 years suddenly having their education rejected or the position denied.

Here are two different discussions of the rise in RFE rates for worker petitions - USCIS has gotten to where they are issuing RFEs on as much as 70% of petitions - and starting this month, they're no long bound to issue RFEs before denials, so we may see a certain number of these RFEs just move straight toward denials.

My focus is business/work based immigration, so a lot of this is specific challenges to H-1Bs, Ls, and Os. There's more stuff going on, including the overall slowdown in processing and the fact that there are steps toward targeting naturalized citizens that could get ugly.

Part of the essential takeaway should be that DHS has a lot of latitude in how they handle these things, even without any changes in laws or regulations. Probably only 5% of my job is actually any issue of law, the vast majority is navigating the regulations, guidelines, memos, and framework that gets built for implementation. USCIS could effectively grind green card processing to a halt, for example, without requiring any change to the laws by congress.

There is an immigration thread, but its not super active.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Also, because it's this thread, I want to acknowledge that the H-1B program has had more than its share of abuses and has been/is used in some sketchy ways by contractor companies and worker mills; I get really frustrated by that too because almost all our clients are relatively small companies who just want to hire a few specific talents they've identified, and now we have to jump through tons of hoops while those mills can just shotgun their way through on volume. It definitely needed some work to try and make it function better. But none of these steps are in the right direction - they make the workers less able to change their employer, more beholden to their original petitioner, and reduces the incentive to have long-term hires over churning applicants. It also makes it much much harder for people to petition for a single worker, because low-volume companies won't be at all prepared for the amount of BS they have to cope with, while mills are much more prepared to rapidly fine-tune their process to get the turnover they need.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It wasn't that long ago that a professor could go to my manager and say "Oh yeah, I told this guy in India he's got the job. He's bought his plane ticket. Work out the paperwork with him." And it was a huge pain in the rear end, but still doable.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Halloween Jack posted:

We also had people in the Middle East who served in our military for a promise of citizenship (and still lived locally so they had to worry about their whole family being killed) and then they just hosed them over and denied their citizenship.
Sounds like a liar story to me... I read this in the NYT before. Think the truth would be that they served with the US military, and not in the US military. Big difference.

My apologies in advance if I was the ignorant one and am genuinely in error on this.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Alex Horton in the Washington Post posted:

Frustrated by delayed promises of citizenship from the U.S. military, and in fear of the Islamic State if he were deported back to Iraq, Ranj Rafeeq has given up the American Dream for a Canadian one.

Rafeeq was eager as a teenager to translate for U.S. troops stationed in his home town of Kirkuk in 2005. He immigrated to Portland, Ore., to study seven years later, hoping to don an Army uniform after earning his graduate degree in civil engineering.

He signed an enlistment contract in January 2016, with a training date set in September.

“I loved American soldiers. It was my dream to be a part of them,” Rafeeq, now 29, told The Washington Post.

[The Pentagon promised citizenship to immigrants who served. Now it might help deport them.]

But Rafeeq’s plans to serve imploded as the Pentagon’s program, designed to leverage medical and language skills of immigrants in exchange for fast-tracked citizenship, was log-jammed with additional security measures for recruits last fall, stressing an already overburdened screening process.

The program was put on hold in September 2016 — just as he was scheduled to report for training — sparking fear in Rafeeq and across the recruit population that their path to citizenship would abruptly end.

Then he received a letter from Kurdish officials warning of sweeps targeting Kurds for deportation and watched as news reports of the program’s struggles mounted.

Rafeeq’s student visa was set to expire on Aug. 1. He faced a decision: wait for the Pentagon’s bureaucracy to untangle itself as the Trump administration seeks to expand deportation powers, or flee.

He chose to flee. On June 11, Rafeeq went to Vancouver to apply for asylum in Canada. His biggest fear with deportation is the chance that Islamic State militants would prize his capture if they uncovered his attempt to enlist.

“I can’t go back to Kirkuk,” he said. “They would kill me.”

As usual, Smith, you're welcome to go gently caress yourself.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

John Smith posted:

Sounds like a liar story to me... I read this in the NYT before. Think the truth would be that they served with the US military, and not in the US military. Big difference.

My apologies in advance if I was the ignorant one and am genuinely in error on this.

It's true that these people served with the military rather than in it. We promised them citizenship and a path out of the country, where working with foreign invaders is frowned upon on the order of a 7.76mm reward.

We reneged on that promise for many of those people. You can guess the results.

Take a big guess how many people are going to volunteer to work with the US military in the next country we end up invading.

Stop watching fake news.

E: this is what happens when I unmute John Smith.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 14, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Volmarias posted:

E: this is what happens when I unmute John Smith.

???????????? why would you do such a thing

Renegret fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 14, 2018

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Halloween Jack posted:

people in the Middle East who served in our military

Halloween Jack posted:

As usual, Smith, you're welcome to go gently caress yourself.
That is what I thought. I have a strong sense of internal honesty and am offended by such dishonesty.

Volmarias posted:

Take a big guess how many people are going to volunteer to work with the US military in the next country we end up invading.
There is a good national security case to be made for being generous. But that is not what my post is about.

My post was about Halloween Jack's integrity issue. Lame, I know in today's era of Trump. But somehow I have a old fashion taste for internal honesty and integrity.

John Smith fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 14, 2018

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Volmarias posted:

It's true that these people served with the military rather than in it.
Look, this is a black-and-white issue. He said something factually false. I called him out on it. Simple as that.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

John Smith posted:

That is what I thought. I have a strong sense of internal honesty and am offended by such dishonesty.

There is a good national security case to be made for being generous. But that is not what my post is about.

My post was about Halloween Jack's integrity issue. Lame, I know in today's era of Trump. But somehow I have a old fashion taste for internal honesty and integrity.

I normally defend you in the interest of not just silencing conservative viewpoints, but you are both wrong and disingenuously splitting hairs here. gently caress off, John Smith.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Renegret posted:

???????????? why would you do such a thing

A good point. I'm not going to bother reading the responses, I'm going to assume it's just whataboutism.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

therobit posted:

I normally defend you in the interest of not just silencing conservative viewpoints, but you are both wrong and disingenuously splitting hairs here. gently caress off, John Smith.
You don't see the significance of a legally binding contract? If these people had such a valuable item on their side, they would sue the rear end off the US federal government.

There is a moral entitlement and there is a legal entitlement. These 2 items are not the same item. Like I said, an integrity issue.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Ignore list exists for a reason folks, please stop responding to him.

In corporate news, our department admin came by my desk and handed me a paperclipped stack of six paychecks, and gave me lip for not collecting them from her desk every other week. I once again asked if there was a way to stop receiving paper paychecks, because I have direct deposit, can view my pay checks via our intranet, and these things just go straight into the shredder. "No, pick you paychecks up", an exaggerated "hmph", and she left.

Happy Friday!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sydin posted:

In corporate news, our department admin came by my desk and handed me a paperclipped stack of six paychecks, and gave me lip for not collecting them from her desk every other week. I once again asked if there was a way to stop receiving paper paychecks, because I have direct deposit, can view my pay checks via our intranet, and these things just go straight into the shredder. "No, pick you paychecks up", an exaggerated "hmph", and she left.

Happy Friday!

I hope you continue to not pick them up.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Sydin posted:

Happy Friday!

Tell her to pick up your paycheck shredding instructions that you will leave for her on your desk every other week

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

John Smith posted:

You don't see the significance of a legally binding contract? If these people had such a valuable item on their side, they would sue the rear end off the US federal government.

There is a moral entitlement and there is a legal entitlement. These 2 items are not the same item. Like I said, an integrity issue.

John Smith posted:

Look, this is a black-and-white issue. He said something factually false. I called him out on it. Simple as that.

quote:

U.S. Army kills contracts for hundreds of immigrant recruits. Some face deportation

U.S. Army recruiters have abruptly canceled enlistment contracts for hundreds of foreign-born military recruits since last week, upending their lives and potentially exposing many to deportation, according to several affected recruits and former military officials familiar with their situation.

Now recruits and experts say that recruiters are shedding their contracts to free themselves from an onerous enlistment process, which includes extensive background investigations, to focus on individuals who can more quickly enlist and thus satisfy strict recruitment targets.

On Friday, the Pentagon denied ordering a mass cancellation of immigrant recruit contracts and said there were no incentives to do so. Officials said that recent directives to recruiters were meant to reiterate that immigrant recruits must be separated within two years of enlistment unless they “opt in” for an additional year.

But some recruits among half a dozen interviewed for this article said they were not approaching that two-year limit when their contracts were canceled, sowing confusion about the reason they were cut loose. The Pentagon declined to address whether messages to recruiters contained language that could have been misinterpreted.

Lola Mamadzhanova, who immigrated to the United States from Kyrgyzstan in 2009, said she heard that Army recruiters in Evanston, Ill., texted immigrant recruits last week asking whether they still wanted to enlist, with an unusual condition: They had 10 minutes to respond. She never received the text message.

“The recruiters did some dirty trick just to get me out so I won’t be trouble anymore,” Mamadzhanova, 27, told The Post on Thursday. Her active-duty contract was canceled Sept. 7, according to a separation document obtained by The Post that said she “declined to enlist.” She later learned the recruiters used a wrong number to text her.

In a summer memo, the Pentagon listed 2,400 foreign recruits with signed contracts who are drilling in reserve units but have not been naturalized and have not gone to basic training. About 1,600 others are waiting to clear background checks before active duty service, the Pentagon said.

During July 19 testimony in a lawsuit filed by recruits who said the federal government unlawfully delayed their naturalizations, Justice Department attorney Colin Kisor assured a district court in Washington that recruits would see their contracts canceled only if “derogatory” information was found in extensive background investigations.

At one office in Illinois, a senior recruiter restored a contract less than two hours after The Post inquired about a case. In Texas, a recruiter did the same 12 minutes after a call seeking to confirm whether a recruit’s contract was canceled.

An immigrant recruit who came to the United States in 2006 and enlisted in Virginia said her contract was canceled Tuesday after she had waited for two years, just as her legal immigration status expired. She asked to opt-in for another year, but her contract was dissolved days later, she said.

Recruiters had assured her, saying her contract was a shield from federal immigration authorities, she said. She spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Don't bother, he's arguing in bad faith to own the libs.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Why are grown-rear end adults so prone to act like petulant children?

I’m quitting, and during a talk with my boss he asked me if it would be a good idea to put someone in position as an interim thing while a permanent hire gets recruited. I told him it was a great idea, at which point he started asking me my take on which of my subordinates would be the best choice. I gave him my choice, which was easy since I have one guy who doesn’t engage or try to come up with new ideas, one guy who is wholly incompetent, and one guy who is good at the job and should honesty be hired for the position permanently. My boss tells me to file the paperwork immediately, which gives the interim guy my salary for the duration he’s performing the duties.

I make the announcement that the big boss has decided all this poo poo and immediately the other two subordinates go and bitch to the big boss, claiming that they felt skipped over and that I discriminated against them.

What the gently caress, guys. I didn’t discriminate! I picked the only non-mouth-breather in the group! Stop being whiny children and act like loving professionals!

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Halloween Jack posted:

people in the Middle East [specifically stating Middle East, by your own words] who served [specifically past tense, by your own words] in our military ... and still lived locally [completely absent from your post there]
Prove me wrong. Justify your initial post.

Dude, you are screwed. You obviously meant served *** with *** and not *** in *** the US military, and were referring to those translators. I would be completely stunned if you managed to actually turn up a case where the US military allowed these translators to sign up and serve in the US military as you described.

John Smith fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 14, 2018

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

John Smith posted:

Prove me wrong. Justify your initial post.

You’re a dumbass. Change my mind.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

areyoucontagious posted:

You’re a dumbass. Change my mind.
I called him out on that initial post. He knew he couldn't defend that, and chose to defend something apparently easier instead.

Am I not factually correct to claim that he was factually wrong? There are so many people who would be willing to sue the US federal government on those translators' behalf if they were in fact serving *** in *** the US military.

in =/ with

John Smith fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 14, 2018

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Thanks for clarifying that your entire argument rests on a preposition. Yes, Afghan translators were not enlisted. Yes, they served in the US Army regardless. They served in combat operations.

I promise the rest of you that my unhealthy appetite for beating pedants at their own game is now sated.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HR posted:

be ready to be engaged and communicative through some team building and self-discovery

:yikes:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it's really important that JS defends... the honor of the DoD as it renegs on promises it made to people who helped the US fight the GWOT

keep doing your thing man, i hope you get hit by a train

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it's really important that JS defends... the honor of the DoD as it renegs on promises it made to people who helped the US fight the GWOT

keep doing your thing man, i hope you get hit by a train

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
25 new posts on a friday afternoon? what the hell?

...oh. Oh.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
"When you take a day off it's disruptive to the business". So you're giving me a raise then?

(And I need not bother announcing these days weeks in advance anymore, right? I should just call out sick with zero notice?)

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh. Okay. Well that was fun to read.

Today I did a business.

By that I mean, apparently as of 10/1 I'm the acting program area lead for a $2.5M project built around hosting critical infrastructure cloud services, cyber lead for bomb techs, and going to be a team lead responsible for other people's careers.

:tif:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Tell us more about being a CYBER LEAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Volmarias posted:

Tell us more about being a CYBER LEAD

I lead the cyber, you see.

Edit:
I’m just being an rear end. It means the I own the security plan for the IT infrastructure they use for heir jobs. Nothing special.

Higgy fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 15, 2018