Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
hello fellow human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
this was a notification written by other actual humans who enjoy activities such as meetings and brainstorming

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Wheany posted:

this was a notification written by other actual humans who enjoy activities such as meetings and brainstorming

have your programmers fed you the difference between "brainstorming" and "shootin' the poo poo" yet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

weird, Mac OS doesn't try to constantly sell me garbage or ask me "do you like us yet plsssss???" and "are you satisfied with the amount of ads in your os?"

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

yet

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
give feedback and tell ms that you want to receive more notifications of exciting products and opportunities to engage with brands

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

anthonypants posted:

just got this notification while gameing

i like the tools, but the OS kind of sucks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

give feedback and tell ms that you want to receive more notifications of exciting products and opportunities to engage with brands

yea you do should this, you self-hating freaks

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

anthonypants posted:

just got this notification while gameing

Had one player in Overwatch comp disappear for a while in the middle of a game, Windows had decided to install updates and reboot. Nice!

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
lol the windows 10 initial loading screen with, the windows logo and the spinny circle of dots, is squished on a 4:3 screen

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Lysidas posted:

lol the windows 10 initial loading screen with, the windows logo and the spinny circle of dots, is squished on a 4:3 screen

this is pretty seriously a case of "so?", loving hell if installs failed because they crashed attempting to figure out screen geometry because a squished logo would be bad for ~branding~

the pc is messy, but there are reasons, so w/e

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

one thing i do like about the insane amount of security updates on windows and my piece of poo poo work computer is that sometimes i can show up and take a literal 20 minute coffee break while it tries to do its thing

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lysidas posted:

are you installing windows 10 on an ATM or something?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

akadajet posted:

seriously, 5:4 for life

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

akadajet posted:

certainly not a 4:3 tablet lol, ms has clearly abandoned that goal

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

jit bull transpile posted:

seriously, 5:4 for life

god presents himself in 16:10 tyvm

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

MrMoo posted:

Had one player in Overwatch comp disappear for a while in the middle of a game, Windows had decided to install updates and reboot. Nice!

how long had he tried to put them off

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

dont be mean to me posted:

how long had he tried to put them off

five minues, op

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

carry on then posted:

:hfive:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i dunno, what, whatever, 9:20? bunch of monitors?? fuckin o'clock ratio???

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Last Chance posted:

certainly not a 4:3 tablet lol, ms has clearly abandoned that goal

it actually was a lenovo/thinkpad x61 tablet with a 1400x1050 screen

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I write a lot for my job. for a variety of reasons, I have to use word. I never really got the hate for word - some of the autoformatting stuff is annoying, but it can also be really helpful!

but recently it has been driving me up the loving wall. doing anything with lists is a goddamn nightmare. spacing and font settings just...disappear for no reason. trying to change formatting with track changes on just produces a useless explosion of spidery red lines. I tried drafting a document in a text editor and pasting it in, but I still had to janitor a million loving things to get it to look like it wasn't a huge piece of poo poo.

this has been my word processor rant thanks for listening

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
hello friend!

have you heard of LATEX?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Fake latex fan, you didn't do the subscript-superscript thing you have to do every time you #engage the latex brand unironically

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

infernal machines posted:

hello friend!

have you heard of LATEX?

i believe you mean LaTeX with the super/sub tags and all (see above)

just go \latex it works

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

I write a lot for my job. for a variety of reasons, I have to use word. I never really got the hate for word - some of the autoformatting stuff is annoying, but it can also be really helpful!

but recently it has been driving me up the loving wall. doing anything with lists is a goddamn nightmare. spacing and font settings just...disappear for no reason. trying to change formatting with track changes on just produces a useless explosion of spidery red lines. I tried drafting a document in a text editor and pasting it in, but I still had to janitor a million loving things to get it to look like it wasn't a huge piece of poo poo.

this has been my word processor rant thanks for listening

word has been around since 1983. in tyool 2018, you can select a list of any number of items, copy and paste it to another part of your document, and the last item will no longer be part of the list.

lmao

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the "what's a PC ads" sound kinda lame but they're well timed.

people stopped asking me to fix their computer years ago

now they ask to use it. they have computers, but they're in the closet so long and have so much malware.

they just wanna borrow my macbook to do one quick thing.

i know a girl that doesn't have an email address and she refuses to get one. probably because she's smart.

but many apps just ask for a valid phone number anyway.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the thought that Apple's advertising campaign has gone from "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" to "What's a PC?" is a pretty offensive tactic agree with the statement or not

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

they want to put the genie back in the bottle op

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

the "what's a PC ads"

a miserable little pile of secrets

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Bobby Digital posted:

a miserable little pile of secrets

accurate

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

what's an ad?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Active Directory (AD) is a directory service that Microsoft developed for the Windows domain networks. It is included in most Windows Server operating systems as a set of processes and services.[1][2] Initially, Active Directory was only in charge of centralized domain management. Starting with Windows Server 2008, however, Active Directory became an umbrella title for a broad range of directory-based identity-related services.[3]

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

it’s very serious which is why your computer malfunctions when it cant connect to the ad.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
actually I use adblocker :smug:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

actually I use adblocker :smug:

I'd try uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger?

Suits my needs.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i can't tell if this is meta humour but it's :discourse:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

carry on then posted:

your mom presents 24:7

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Rex-Goliath posted:

your mom presents 24:7