Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You can guess at skinchange fairly quickly and when the differences are obvious it's an easy win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Vase Off was hilariously easy compared to skinchange.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh poo poo, I wasn't expecting RDM damage buffs. Very nice.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Finally, flying goobues. Step 3 in the ascian's plan for domination

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Give Boreas flight cowards.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Collective Unconscious
The effect is now applied as soon as the action is used.

Thank gently caress.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

dmboogie posted:

i will forever treasure my female duskwight giraffe for being the rarest combo in the game

one of us... one of us...

Wacky Delly posted:

Same, I was looking for this exact thing not that long ago. Between the sweater and sunglasses and now uggs, they're really making my elf mom glams easy.

I'm currently rocking the elf mom/librarian glam.

(why yes I am incapable of taking screenshots during the daytime)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

After all these years, they finally added information about catch conditions to the fishing log.

But they still forgot to say which bait to use.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

quote:

* As of Patch 4.4, only Miqo'te mannequins may be purchased and placed in your estate. Mannequins representing other races will be added in future patches.

:argh:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ahahaha what? I must have missed that :lol:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My house contains only catgirls anyway so this is fine.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Miqo'te are finally good for something

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

No changes to machinist because it's already perfect :getin:

drat, I liked Vase Off, it was a guaranteed win if you knew how the NPC patterns worked. :rip:

Also, the trick to Skinchange is to pay attention to little details, like facial features, jewelry, and weapons. One time I had a pattern where the only difference was the gem's color in their sword hilt.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Miqo'te are finally good for something

Uhh excuse me, Zhloe has been in the game for over a year now.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Ahahaha, Fire IV is up to 540 potency after the Astral Fire multiplier. Yes, commit.

Looking forward to saving up all my MGP for that typhon mount, too.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Looking forward to saving up all my MGP for that typhon mount, too.

I lucked out with a 2nd place Cactpot last week and finally had enough of an MGP cushion to buy the Cloud Strife card.

Then this news came out. :argh:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Your fault for buying something like that a few weeks before a big patch that would've included new items.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Vadoc posted:

Your fault for buying something like that a few weeks before a big patch that would've included new items.

Oh, I'm well aware of what I was getting myself into with that... but card games.

Depending on how expensive Typhon is and how generous the Mini is, I can probably make that up in a few weeks. Doing all the different events and challenges really adds up quickly.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why does Yoshi-P hate Summoner?

SMN has been the unfavorite job of the devs since launch, complete with eating more nerfs than every other job put together in Stormblood.

As someone who mostly plays and enjoys SMN, this is really close to being my proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Endless minor nerfs get really frustrating after a while even if they don't add up to much. Plus I'm kinda tired of depressing endings; if I wanted that I could just turn the news on.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Summoner is the highest personal dps in the game, aren't they? Radiant not reflecting is hardly going to be the thing that kills the job's viability.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
What SMN nerf am I missing, beyond the damage reflect thing? That seems like a total non-issue. I'd understand some negativity if they changed something so the % effect was small but the gameplay got noticeably worse, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

But yay for RDM buffs.

orcane fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 14, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm a bit late to glamour chat but i'm narcissistic as gently caress and love my character so

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Depending on how expensive Typhon is and how generous the Mini is, I can probably make that up in a few weeks. Doing all the different events and challenges really adds up quickly.

There was a really badly translated interview that implied the new MGP thing would cost more than Fenrir. I hope those challenges add up really quickly! :v:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

SMN has been the unfavorite job of the devs since launch, complete with eating more nerfs than every other job put together in Stormblood.

As someone who mostly plays and enjoys SMN, this is really close to being my proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Endless minor nerfs get really frustrating after a while even if they don't add up to much. Plus I'm kinda tired of depressing endings; if I wanted that I could just turn the news on.

SMNs been in a really good place for a while, though it was kind of rough at patch launch

radiant shield is like 150 dps in most fights, with UwU exception because of tumult memes, it should still be pretty good with the other casters being more competitive but also jesus christ this game is actually close enough in balance the only people that should care are WF racers and people very determined to get Static Speed Rankings or w/e

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

There was a really badly translated interview that implied the new MGP thing would cost more than Fenrir. I hope those challenges add up really quickly! :v:

Ah. Well, dang.

I've bought everything else in the Gold Saucer at this point, so no big deal, really.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do we know what alphascape armor looks like yet??? will they finally add good tank glamour two years after SB launch?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do we know what alphascape armor looks like yet??? will they finally add good tank glamour two years after SB launch?

here's some bad screenshots from the trailer
https://imgur.com/a/YX8rWIg

RME
Feb 20, 2012

there might be some higher quality ones but reddits search blows

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Bardam's Mettle has dropped a fantastic coat and gloves for tanks since Stormblood launched, dude.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Farlander tank stuff from Hells Lid looks pretty neat. (Not my screenshots)

Skallic stuff is good, too:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 14, 2018

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kaubocks posted:

i'm a bit late to glamour chat but i'm narcissistic as gently caress and love my character so

:same:

btw it's always glamour chat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rainuwastaken posted:

I'm currently at 998,206 MGP after buying all of the stuff I wanted, so that's a bit disheartening.

Speaking of which, only one more card to go before I have 230. Too bad that the end of the tournament coincides with patch day, so I'll still immediately be five cards behind.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

orcane posted:

What SMN nerf am I missing, beyond the damage reflect thing? That seems like a total non-issue. I'd understand some negativity if they changed something so the % effect was small but the gameplay got noticeably worse, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

But yay for RDM buffs.

There was no real reason to change it, is the thing. It just kind of feels like such an arbitrary nerf that it's almost vindictive.

If they wanted to do away with stupid bullshit like pet swap openers, they could have just made Garuda a more appealing choice rather than making Ifrit shittier.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Harrow posted:

Skallic stuff is good, too:

I swear, the Skallic Fending chest is my white whale; I've probably run Skalla maybe 20 times by now and still haven't seen it drop. I guess the Casting chest counts as a second, smaller white whale, but I also don't run it as caster so I can't exactly complain about it.

I haven't seen the Nomad's Fending chest until now but I think that might be my third, off-white cetacean to hunt.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm sorry but people reading into game design decisions as being "spiteful" and "vindictive" will never not be weird

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lightrook posted:

I swear, the Skallic Fending chest is my white whale; I've probably run Skalla maybe 20 times by now and still haven't seen it drop. I guess the Casting chest counts as a second, smaller white whale, but I also don't run it as caster so I can't exactly complain about it.

I haven't seen the Nomad's Fending chest until now but I think that might be my third, off-white cetacean to hunt.

Reminds me of when I used to run Brayflox endlessly for that stupid loving caster robe. I don't even remember how many runs it took before I got it but it was a lot.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rainuwastaken posted:

Unfortunately for them, I'm sitting on like 3.5 million MGP. Nothing will stop me from FUNGAAAAAing within seconds of the patch going live. Nothing!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Thundarr posted:

Unfortunately for them, I'm sitting on like 3.5 million MGP. Nothing will stop me from FUNGAAAAAing within seconds of the patch going live. Nothing!

Jesus, how do you get that much? Jackpot wins or just years of challenge logs?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Jesus, how do you get that much? Jackpot wins or just years of challenge logs?

It adds up really quickly if you're just dilligent. Verminion and Yugioh tournaments are an easy 50k mgp each whenever one happens, and the challenge log is nothing to sneeze at. Chocobo challenge races also have a bonus 600k or something squirrelled away if you're willing to put up with that. Plus, now that Fashion Report has been nerfed to the point of comedy, that's another free 60k every week.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Shere posted:

There was no real reason to change it, is the thing. It just kind of feels like such an arbitrary nerf that it's almost vindictive.

If they wanted to do away with stupid bullshit like pet swap openers, they could have just made Garuda a more appealing choice rather than making Ifrit shittier.

Fair enough. Although I guess if pet swap openers are why they change it, I wouldn't call it arbitrary (vindictive I can kind of see, as in "you're not playing like we want you to so there, deal with this!", which they've done before).

The lovely pet system is one of the reasons why I don't play summoner anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rainuwastaken posted:

It adds up really quickly if you're just dilligent. Verminion and Yugioh tournaments are an easy 50k mgp each whenever one happens, and the challenge log is nothing to sneeze at. Chocobo challenge races also have a bonus 600k or something squirrelled away if you're willing to put up with that. Plus, now that Fashion Report has been nerfed to the point of comedy, that's another free 60k every week.

Ah i've never done fashion report, I'm a fresh 70 so my glamour game is pretty poo poo right now.