Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Drop rudolph.

Edit:

Drop anyone here for Yeldon?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

VietCampo posted:

Did Freeman get declared out already?

I have Coleman on my bench waiting on his status.

Same. Although should I play him over Lamar Miller? Coleman's record without Freeman around is promising but I'm just not sure.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
And Freeman has officially been declared out

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kiimo posted:

Alshon Jeffrey was just dropped in my non-PPR 10 team league. *EDIT Doug Baldwin as well.

Do you suggest dropping Godwin or anyone else?

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB
RB Kareem Hunt, KC
RB Jordan Howard, Chi
WR Kenny Stills, Mia
WR Quincy Enunwa, NYJ
TE George Kittle, SF
FLEX James Conner, Pit RB
D/ST Broncos D/ST D/ST
K Harrison Butker, KC K
Bench Le'Veon Bell*, Pit RB
Bench Kyle Rudolph, Min TE
Bench Jamison Crowder, Wsh WR
Bench Chris Godwin, TB WR
Bench Bilal Powell, NYJ RB
Bench Jared Goff, LAR QB
Bench T.J. Yeldon, Jax RB

Definitely Rudolph for Jeffery. Goff for Baldwin. You don't need a backup TE or QB in a 10 team league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Done on Rudolph but after listening to a podcast about Baldwin I would rather have Goff, just my opinion about those knees.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Lol I can't even drop Freeman's bum rear end in an 8 teamer

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

VietCampo posted:

And Freeman has officially been declared out

Fun fun. Nothing like deciding between Breida, Cohen and Richard week 2.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nothing like trading Ajayi and Coleman for Bell halfway through TNF week one :smug:

:shepicide:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

With Freeman out, who to flex:

Kyle Rudolph, Min TE @GB
Will Fuller V, Hou WR @Ten
Sterling Shepard, NYG WR @Dal
Austin Ekeler, LAC RB @Buf

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dump your Titans stock because gently caress this

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1040665222502146048

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Love to have Bell and Freeman as my top two RBs in my main league.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Love to have Bell and Freeman as my top two RBs in my main league.

This is why not using much draft capital on running backs is +ev most years.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
It's pretty much the same with every skill position. Every year there's a narrative in the preseason about how this year the player pool is so deep at X and by week 2 we are all reminded that the football gods dgaf about deep positional pools. I'm still a pretty big proponent of zero RB as a result, but last year that just resulted in me getting burned by Julio and OBJ instead so :shrug:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Rip Mixon

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Mikey Purp posted:

It's pretty much the same with every skill position. Every year there's a narrative in the preseason about how this year the player pool is so deep at X and by week 2 we are all reminded that the football gods dgaf about deep positional pools. I'm still a pretty big proponent of zero RB as a result, but last year that just resulted in me getting burned by Julio and OBJ instead so :shrug:

Obj definitely hurt but Julio was wr7 last year.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

dkj posted:

Rip Mixon

Is mixon actually hurt?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is mixon actually hurt?

Rotoworld just says a "tweak".

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Shoot me in the anus

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1040699901644951553?s=21

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

HAHAHAHAHAHA my wife dropped Giovanni Bernard this week she's going to be so pissed.

For clarity I'm laughing at the situation, not the injury. loving sucks that Mixon is hurt and I hope he recovers soon.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 14, 2018

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

My Mark Walton dynasty shares are looking nice.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I own Bernard in one dynasty league. Mixon in the other. :(

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Walton or Bernard?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Walton or Bernard?

Bernard

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Did Yahoo just add IR slots to the default league setup or has it taken me three years to learn how they work

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

They're seeking a second opinion because I guess the Bengals have bad doctors?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Papes posted:

Obj definitely hurt but Julio was wr7 last year.

Julio was the WR4 last year in my 0.5 PPR league, and yeah that's really great in hindsight. But go back and look at the numbers and you quickly see that he was mediocre at best for 3/4 of the regular fantasy season and his final rank was propped up enormously by the 45 points he put up in week 12 (which included 2 out of his 3 TDs for the entire season). Week 12 literally accounted for more than 20% of his entire season's output.

Games like that are nice and all, but not if the rest of his season is trash. I don't get extra wins for blowing out my opponent by 100 points in one week.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 14, 2018

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Not starting either of these guys this week, but K Cole or G Allison as a longer term WR stash (standard scoring)?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Popero posted:

Not starting either of these guys this week, but K Cole or G Allison as a longer term WR stash (standard scoring)?

I've got both but I'm waiting a week or two to decide which to keep. Probably Cole.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Keith Atherton posted:

I've got both but I'm waiting a week or two to decide which to keep. Probably Cole.

Yeah I agree, we gotta see how Rodgers deals with his knee problem but at the end of the day it seems like a toss-up. Would you rather have the WR1 on a run-first team led by Blake Bortles, or the WR3 on a pass-first team led by Aaron Rodgers? One dude is going to get peppered with a lot of low quality targets and the other dude is going to get a minimal amount of really high quality targets.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Mixon nooooooo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

Yeah I agree, we gotta see how Rodgers deals with his knee problem but at the end of the day it seems like a toss-up. Would you rather have the WR1 on a run-first team led by Blake Bortles, or the WR3 on a pass-first team led by Aaron Rodgers? One dude is going to get peppered with a lot of low quality targets and the other dude is going to get a minimal amount of really high quality targets.

Well I'd rather have Cole. Look at ARob when he was on the Jags. He got fed a ton. With Fournette banged up, they're going to have to throw it more. I think I'd roll the dice with the Jags WR1 over the Pack's WR3 who is also going to be fighting for targets from Graham and the RBs.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

See, I thought about the ARob comparison too, but I don't think it applies. The Jags team that ARob played on was starting Denard Robinson and TJ Yeldon at RB, had zero defense, and was routinely getting 40 burgers dropped on them. There was nothing else for Bortles to do in the second half than throw to ARob repeatedly. Today's Jaguars are a very different team built around defense, chewing up the clock, and minimizing the amount of work that Bortles has to do as much as possible.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

GD it. Just my luck :(

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Mikey Purp posted:

See, I thought about the ARob comparison too, but I don't think it applies. The Jags team that ARob played on was starting Denard Robinson and TJ Yeldon at RB, had zero defense, and was routinely getting 40 burgers dropped on them. There was nothing else for Bortles to do in the second half than throw to ARob repeatedly. Today's Jaguars are a very different team built around defense, chewing up the clock, and minimizing the amount of work that Bortles has to do as much as possible.

Imagine building a team to prevent your QB from influencing the game.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
There's no reason at all to start Amari Cooper this week, is there?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Vargo posted:

There hasn't been since his rookie season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Do you like the feel of frustration?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA my wife dropped Giovanni Bernard this week she's going to be so pissed.

For clarity I'm laughing at the situation, not the injury. loving sucks that Mixon is hurt and I hope he recovers soon.

Is now the time to try and get some value from Bernard in dynasty? When Mixon is alive gio has really been getting nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Mixon predicted to be out 2 weeks.

If I owned Gio in dynasty though I’d be shopping him to the Mixon owner for sure.