Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Huh, that’s weird. Do other systems do that.

Nintendo doesn't do this. Nintendo only possibly deletes them when your service expires. All you lose if you live in a cave without internet but with a charged switch for 7 days is the ability to play Ice Climbers or w/e NESflix game you were playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zibidibodel posted:

Nintendo doesn't do this. Nintendo only possibly deletes them when your service expires. All you lose if you live in a cave without internet but with a charged switch for 7 days is the ability to play Ice Climbers or w/e NESflix game you were playing.

That makes a lot more sense.

Even Nintendo couldn’t be that dumb.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gamepass would be the perfect app for the Switch

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is the NES thing for Switch online like Netflix or Virtual Console?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is a catalog of games you can play as long as you are a subscriber

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I got the Pokemon Bank service for the first year, uploaded a lot of pokemon to it including a favorite Tentacruel which came over on the Mayflower was transferred from an original Saphire version in a DS fat and made it allllll the way to X&Y.

I forgot to renew the service, and they had deleted it by the time I remembered it less than a year later. I was loving livid.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Looking forward to playing Legend of Zelda for the first time

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

THE loving MOON posted:

I got the Pokemon Bank service for the first year, uploaded a lot of pokemon to it including a favorite Tentacruel which came over on the Mayflower was transferred from an original Saphire version in a DS fat and made it allllll the way to X&Y.

I forgot to renew the service, and they had deleted it by the time I remembered it less than a year later. I was loving livid.

Sounds like you didn't care about the tentacruel that much

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Well I cared when I got around to wanting to play Pokemon again. It's not like I was obsessing about it in the meantime.

edit: Also it was multiple generations of games worth of lost Pokemon, you really feel that loss when you're looking at your empty rear end national dex

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 14, 2018

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

American McGay posted:

Peach had her own game and she solved platforming puzzles by wildly expressing emotion.

Yep... Peach’s overwhelming emotions on Vibe Island...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I hope your avatar remains forever corn

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Over There posted:

Looking forward to playing Legend of Zelda for the first time

Same, unironically

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Over There posted:

Looking forward to playing Legend of Zelda for the first time since I was 8 years old and had no clue what to do or where to go or how to play.

Fixed for me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheKingofSprings posted:

I hope your avatar remains forever corn

It's gonna be forever corn.
Will it really be a plant forever?
Forever
Forever
Forever corn

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What is corn? We just dont know

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My Avatar is changing tonight. I now know what I must do

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I am loving hyped for the avatar change.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What is corn? Baby, don't pop me

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

just remember that eastmost peninsula is the secret

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

To be clear though, caring enough about tentacruel to buy a Pokemon bank subscription, but not enough to renew that subscription...

I believe it's a donut hole of caring, much like the donut hole in Medicare part B prescription drug plans. And Barack Obama thankfully repaired that donut hole. I am fully in favor of The Pokemon Bank fixing the Pokemon bank donut hole. But it might take an Obama level charismatic figure within the company to achieve it.

In conclusion, the Obama 2008 campaign logo would make a fuckin sick rear end Pokeball design.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There are many exciting parallels to be made between the American Health Care system and Nintendo's online platform.

Namely, both make me wish I was dead.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I get 99 days of offline use on Adobe Creative Cloud. If nothing else, Nintendo classically failed to generate positive press with their online service

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

Pokemon Ransom

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Spellman posted:

I get 99 days of offline use on Adobe Creative Cloud. If nothing else, Nintendo classically failed to generate positive press with their online service

On the bright side, nowhere to go but up!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spellman posted:

What if I am on a 100 day long safari and need to photoshop something on the last day?!?!?!?!?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hammer Bro. posted:

• The thing that wasn't supposed to be hidden.
    At one point on disc 2 or 3 you're supposed to go to a place on the worldmap that's totally not a secret or hidden. Except that I couldn't find it. I used a guide. I searched for an hour and a half. I got pestered with random encounters the whole while.
    This was the point at which I realized, "Wait a minute. Why am I doing this? I haven't had much fun during the entire course of the game thus far, and I've actively had un-fun in multiple places." and turned it off for good.

I agree with a lot of this stuff, but what the hell were you doing fighting random encounters on disk 2 and 3? You should get Encounter None by the end of disk 1

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What if I am on a 100 day long safari and need to photoshop something on the last day?!?!?!?!?

Well then you've surely proven you have the survival skills to use GIMP

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i made a pizza today

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

i made a pizza today

What the hell

Mods??

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
If I buy a Digiornos pizza from the grocery store and decide to not make it within a week, will the store send employees to take it back?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BisterdDave posted:

If I buy a Digiornos pizza from the grocery store and decide to not make it within a week, will the store send employees to take it back?

No because you bought a pizza, not a license to one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BisterdDave posted:

It depends on the grocery chain

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Yup. You have to watch poo poo like this over and over and over again and it gets really boring.

That's go to the bathroom, get a snack time. Freaking long. I remember the summons being long in Golden Sun but you could skip them.

Thank you for telling me why FFVIII is the lesser of its brethren. I think I'm most excited for IX. I've seen some good amounts of both VII and X, but while I've heard only great things about IX, I'd be going in completely blind. X2 I remember being supposedly good but really fan-servicey but what're you going to do, job-centric RPGs are usually pretty fun.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mokinokaro posted:

Normally you just click on the total number of posts in the thread listing.

code:
SeANMcBAY	2459
A.I. Borgland Corp	2417
Real hurthling!	1755
Guy Goodbody	1680
KingSlime	1492
Infinitum	1144
DLC Inc	1048
Policenaut	1026
Andrast	941
The Bloop	920
Mister Facetious	888
Jim Silly-Balls	848
asecondduck	841
irlZaphod	833
The Lobster	827
Macaluso	797
Your Computer	787
Sakurazuka	775
Mega64	744
Neddy Seagoon	728
goferchan	700
Manky	687
THE loving MOON	654
Takoluka	651
Detective No. 27	638
CharlieFoxtrot	619
Zelder	594
American McGay	569
Spellman	563

Congratulations to the posters.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

b_d posted:

Congratulations to the posters.

Thank

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"im not owned!! im not owned!!" Tentacruel says as he slowly shrinks and turns into a 404 error

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Spellman posted:

Well then you've surely proven you have the survival skills to use GIMP

Tbh I’d rather drink my own piss to stave off thirst than use GIMP

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

whats your favorite pizza, thread

i like meat lovers

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Heath posted:

Counterpoint: Dog Cannon

Point well taken. Surely a game with such concise humor could not be enitrely--

AlphaKeny1 posted:

90-second summon.

Haha, nope. Not going back to that game. Am kind of looking forward to FFIX which I missed but only hear good things about, and we'll see if I have time for 10. I at least have more time than sense as I'm downloading FFXV Pocket HD (though it'll be a while before I actually fire it up).

RandomFerret posted:

I agree with a lot of this stuff, but what the hell were you doing fighting random encounters on disk 2 and 3? You should get Encounter None by the end of disk 1

Somehow I did not realize that that was a thing I had acquired, though in retrospect, I'm glad of it. It would've caused me to play the game for longer.

Conversely, I'm pleased that the FFVII port will likely have the ability to speed up the game and turn off encounters when I'm not feelin' 'em. Hopefully the other ports do as well.

bushisms.txt posted:

Corn quote edit.

I belly laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

whats your favorite pizza, thread

i like meat lovers

Can't go wrong with meat lovers, but after moving to Jersey, a plain cheese slice is so drat good! I actually found a place that sometimes sells a mac and cheese pizza which was surprisingly really tasty.

• Locked thread