Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

150 standing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
well some lucky bastard just won 15k plat from DE giving away a primed chamber.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
5 Dargyn pilots, before the hit the ground, while sliding.

:negative:

I'm not awake enough to mess with that.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, Venus and melee 3.0 look like they're gonna be months away.

The new quick melee -> equipped melee looks interesting but is really gonna change up the flow. No further talk of channeling/tenno rage and what it'll be like either :geno:

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Yeah, I was really hoping we'd hear more about channeling, but the quick holstering is this little thing which I think will have a very large impact on the speed and flow of combat. It should make the decision to switch between primaries and secondaries be more tactical and not about whether you really want to bother spending the time to switch.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Psion posted:

It's a little late for that, rubico p is on stream right now so the sharks who were already out because of the leak are now out 10x as strong

That's ok. The fatty whales who buy their Prime Access will be sitting on a pile of plat and a Rubico Prime with no riven to stick in it.

As long as I buy before then, it's fine.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

devinebovine posted:

Yeah, I was really hoping we'd hear more about channeling, but the quick holstering is this little thing which I think will have a very large impact on the speed and flow of combat. It should make the decision to switch between primaries and secondaries be more tactical and not about whether you really want to bother spending the time to switch.

I really hope the quick swap will be applying to primaries to secondaries. My interpretation was that it's just for [gun]->melee->[gun] right now. It'll be neat to see what they do though!

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I haven't done much with Twich drops before. If I've watched the latest dev stream on a linked account should I just get the Riven mod in the in game mail? Or do I need to do something special to claim it?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

If everything is set up properly, you just get mail from Teshin in-game next time you log in after the servers give stuff out. Sometimes it takes longer for some people, but it shouldn't ever take more than an hour or so.

e: for reference I already got my Riven, during the stream itself.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I haven't done much with Twich drops before. If I've watched the latest dev stream on a linked account should I just get the Riven mod in the in game mail? Or do I need to do something special to claim it?

If you watched 30 minutes while it was live you should just receive it in-game.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Avynte posted:

I really hope the quick swap will be applying to primaries to secondaries. My interpretation was that it's just for [gun]->melee->[gun] right now. It'll be neat to see what they do though!

There’s already mods for this. Afaik there’s no indicator gun swapping is going to change

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I didn't get my Riven yet, and I know for sure my stuff is linked correctly because I received my Twitch Prime drops with the same account. Come on, servers, I wanna suffer already.

Also I'm super freaking stoked for Tenno Hawk Pro Skater.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

These are my 3 rivens, completely unleveled.

Are any of these good?

I can't use them yet on account of being MR8

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You hold onto that Opticor riven and never loving let it go.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Lato riven is currently trash but a solid Lato riven turns the Lato Vandal into a death cannon.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Opticor is solid and good. Lato needs rerolling, but the Lato Vandal is proper scary with a good riven and lots of crit. Panthera, might wanna park that riven in a shady alley with the doors unlocked and the key in the ignition.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Babe Magnet posted:

OH gently caress Nef got his hands on sentients

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR3Bng6P6V8&t=66s

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Seems it's basically a gamble whether you received the Riven or not. Shame. This isn't the first time I don't get a Twitch drop despite correctly linked accounts, it seems to randomly work and then not work.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

njsykora posted:

You hold onto that Opticor riven and never loving let it go.

Alternately sell it for 5000 plat and buy all the poo poo you ever wanted.

What kinda new stuff is around now? Been thinking of reinstalling again. Have they fixed archwing yet? I think last time I tried to play I realised I'd have to redo the mods on literally all my weapons or frames and immediately quit. Might be worth doing now though? Do I still spin to win with my whips?

Washout fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 15, 2018

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Washout posted:

Alternately sell it for 5000 plat and buy all the poo poo you ever wanted.

What kinda new stuff is around now? Been thinking of reinstalling again. Have they fixed archwing yet? I think last time I tried to play I realised I'd have to redo the mods on literally all my weapons or frames and immediately quit. Might be worth doing now though? Do I still spin to win with my whips?

Archwing hasn't been changed much in a long time, but they're constantly showing off a new open world area that I think was supposed to have some Archwing stuff so who knows.

Spinning whips are still super strong, but there's a melee rework on the horizon. Once again, who knows what'll happen there.

There have been a couple new frames, Nezha got a rework to be Good, Actually, there's a new affinity farm in Sanctuary Onslaught, new guns, augments, etc.

Oh, and the Sacrifice quest, that's relatively new and pretty good.

How long has it been since you logged in?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

aegof posted:

Archwing hasn't been changed much in a long time, but they're constantly showing off a new open world area that I think was supposed to have some Archwing stuff so who knows.

Spinning whips are still super strong, but there's a melee rework on the horizon. Once again, who knows what'll happen there.

There have been a couple new frames, Nezha got a rework to be Good, Actually, there's a new affinity farm in Sanctuary Onslaught, new guns, augments, etc.

Oh, and the Sacrifice quest, that's relatively new and pretty good.

How long has it been since you logged in?

Close to a year now, I was hoping the melee rework was at least in by now. Seems like core gameplay is still exactly the same?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Lot of little quality of life stuff, most weapons got an overhaul and buffed to be in line with the big meta stuff, new quests and events, but no, we haven't had a giant basic system overhauled in that time, just polish passes and content updates.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

They made it so that I have to mod my regulators and put in forma but they didn't do the same thing for stuff like chromas breath weapon? What a gyp.

App in to reapply to clan wee here we go again.

Washout fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 15, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hobold posted:

5 Dargyn pilots, before the hit the ground, while sliding.

:negative:

I'm not awake enough to mess with that.

This literally just means ‘lift Dargyn pilot off the ground, kill them while sliding’. Use Titania or a low-powered Rhino.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Washout posted:

They made it so that I have to mod my regulators and put in forma but they didn't do the same thing for stuff like chromas breath weapon? What a gyp.

App in to reapply to clan wee here we go again.

chroma's breath isn't an exalted weapon

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

chroma's breath isn't an exalted weapon

Well it should be :colbert:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I really like the idea of being able to use stances from quick melee but I hope they go ahead with making all single handed secondaries and melee work together. it would be awesome if you could use melee attacks without interrupting the secondary reload like with thrown melee.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ritznit posted:

Seems it's basically a gamble whether you received the Riven or not. Shame. This isn't the first time I don't get a Twitch drop despite correctly linked accounts, it seems to randomly work and then not work.

Alternatively, I got it while I had the twitch app tuned to the stream while my phone was in my pocket, muted, and set to 160p. It really was a total crapshoot, by the look of it, but maybe they learned something on their end to improve twitch drops?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

nerdz posted:

I really like the idea of being able to use stances from quick melee but I hope they go ahead with making all single handed secondaries and melee work together. it would be awesome if you could use melee attacks without interrupting the secondary reload like with thrown melee.

That's what it was supposed to be in the first place but it was harder than they thought to implement or something, so they only added it with thrown melee.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Darth Walrus posted:

This literally just means ‘lift Dargyn pilot off the ground, kill them while sliding’. Use Titania or a low-powered Rhino.

I don't even need to do that. Any frame will work, just slide around with Ignis Wraith and kill them. Waiting for the drat things to spawn is why I wanted to wait till after I woke up.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think I need to go buy a lottery ticket. First three runs of Mute Salad V gave me all of the pieces needed. Mesa's cooking right now. I didn't expect this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

nerdz posted:

They'd better not be removing dual wield glaive spins, that's my favorite.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

nerdz posted:

I'm always going to be carrying a whip and pistol so I can do some pistol whipping action :parrot:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

McKilligan posted:

I've still got some - I promised them to (in-game name) paaaarp, but I think we play in inverted timezones since I never see him online at the same time as me, so I've still got a pair if you need them. Just make 2 imprints when you're done and pass them along. What's your in-game handle?

Agymnon, I think I've seen you on a few times! Will trade 'em next time I see you.

Kat get. Thanks McKilligan/Agymnon! Going to be breeding Smeeta. If anyone wants the imprints, hit me up in thread! (This may take a few days)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Avynte posted:

Man, Venus and melee 3.0 look like they're gonna be months away.

The new quick melee -> equipped melee looks interesting but is really gonna change up the flow. No further talk of channeling/tenno rage and what it'll be like either :geno:

if this is going to be a thing, then the dream might still be real

Exilus slots for weapons :colbert:

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

BeAuMaN posted:

Kat get. Thanks McKilligan/Agymnon! Going to be breeding Smeeta. If anyone wants the imprints, hit me up in thread! (This may take a few days)

I'd love to get in on the Smeeta chain when you're done and spare myself the risk of ending up with a second Adarza (I'm MineFishGrind in-game).

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

HundredBears posted:

I'd love to get in on the Smeeta chain when you're done and spare myself the risk of ending up with a second Adarza (I'm MineFishGrind in-game).

Noted; Mirkali in game. BeAuMaN on Discord. If you don't hear from me in like 3 days feel free to bug me.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 15, 2018

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of cats, I managed to get 11 samples of cat juice from an alert and the insanity of trying to codex scan the horde of feral kavats that attack you during the Sands of Inaros quest, but I'm still missing 9 (first ten are for installing the segment). I haven't poked around the Derelict yet- are the scans hopefully easier to get? Because scanning the Inaros cats was a goddamn nightmare while they were leaping all over the place clawing my non-existent eyes out.

I want to build a menagerie. I've got one Kubrow and a Helminth Charger who are adorable, but I need more.

Cpt Stabbin
Jul 16, 2003

I ride zee boat and take it in zee poopah!
What is the preferred damage type for the ignis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I noticed a melee mod that dropped in the stream which might have been for channeling, something like '+[number] punch through for heavy attacks'