Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

"Ok I have four guys completely under and one partial, so -"
"No you can only get two whole and three partials, look closer"
(Template is in same position both times.)
:lol: Partials? What edition are you trying to reference? Partials haven't been a thing for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I dropped out around 6th and just got back in.

Sorry I'm old.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Working on a kitbashed Ordo Xenos Inquisition Warband.

All of them besides the Inquisitor count as Acolytes, so they're actually really cheap and die easy but they provide an interesting modelling opportunity.

From left to right:

'The Nameless One' Carl'thulu to his pals) an enslaved Genestealer hybrid captured right before a planets immenent om-noming when the hybrids are at their most psychic. He's a tool used to boost the Inquisitors Psyker abilities but also get close and he will crush you with his mind (and claws). Totally normal for an Inquisitor to keep one chained up.

'Bill Tan' totally not an Eldar Ranger, just because he's a crack shot sniper and covers his face in a hood, why would an agent of the Imperium use aliens?

Strom Ard'Ed. Dumb as a sack of ceramite-bricks, has had extensive upgrades thanks to the gangs totally not evil admech guy, also a big fan of cutting poo poo up with his arm.

Inquisitor Gaiden 'Radical' Lubrecht of the Ordo Xenos. Innocent alien hating Inquisitor, would never enlist aliens to help him.

Alaris 'Overcharge' Albez. Former Plasma enthusiast guardsman, lost one to many limbs fighting alongside the Tau when it was tactically useful to the Imperium. His totally not controlled brain serves the Inquisitors need to understand the Tau.

H3R471C-Zeta (Script kiddie extraordinaire) Adeptus (totally not dark ) Mechanicus duder that has provided many of the tools used to limit the free will of those above. Has a big glow stick and plasma pistol.

Pictured to the left Inquisitorial posh Jaffa Cakes.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Awesome.

Question about the Start Collecting Deathwatch. Beyond the models that come in the box will I have extra shoulder pads to convert Primaris Space Marines from the First Strike starter set to Deathwatch?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

richyp posted:

All of them besides the Inquisitor count as Acolytes, so they're actually really cheap and die easy but they provide an interesting modelling opportunity.

From left to right:

'The Nameless One' Carl'thulu to his pals) an enslaved Genestealer hybrid captured right before a planets immenent om-noming when the hybrids are at their most psychic. He's a tool used to boost the Inquisitors Psyker abilities but also get close and he will crush you with his mind (and claws). Totally normal for an Inquisitor to keep one chained up.

'Bill Tan' totally not an Eldar Ranger, just because he's a crack shot sniper and covers his face in a hood, why would an agent of the Imperium use aliens?

Strom Ard'Ed. Dumb as a sack of ceramite-bricks, has had extensive upgrades thanks to the gangs totally not evil admech guy, also a big fan of cutting poo poo up with his arm.

Inquisitor Gaiden 'Radical' Lubrecht of the Ordo Xenos. Innocent alien hating Inquisitor, would never enlist aliens to help him.

Alaris 'Overcharge' Albez. Former Plasma enthusiast guardsman, lost one to many limbs fighting alongside the Tau when it was tactically useful to the Imperium. His totally not controlled brain serves the Inquisitors need to understand the Tau.

H3R471C-Zeta (Script kiddie extraordinaire) Adeptus (totally not dark ) Mechanicus duder that has provided many of the tools used to limit the free will of those above. Has a big glow stick and plasma pistol.

Owns.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

From left to right:

every one of those would make a great Fallout character

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Got the pics back of my mediocre and yet fully painted 2000 points.

https://imgur.com/a/bUFXqwe

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Rhaegar posted:

Awesome.

Question about the Start Collecting Deathwatch. Beyond the models that come in the box will I have extra shoulder pads to convert Primaris Space Marines from the First Strike starter set to Deathwatch?

No. There's over 10 shoulders with chapter specific icons, but only 10 DW shoulders.
The DW terminators box (if it's still produced?) includes 3 upgrade sprues, so the terminators are almost included for free.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

No. There's over 10 shoulders with chapter specific icons, but only 10 DW shoulders.
The DW terminators box (if it's still produced?) includes 3 upgrade sprues, so the terminators are almost included for free.

GW Website posted:

This is a great-value box set that gives you an immediate collection of fantastic Deathwatch miniatures, which you can assemble and use right away in games of Warhammer 40,000! You’ll receive Watch Captain Artemis, 2 sets of 5 Deathwatch Space Marines, a Venerable Dreadnought and a Deathwatch Upgrade sprue.

You'll get ten extra shoulder pads and enough molded pads for ten more models, along with a power sword and a Sergeant head that looks good on Primaris.

It's kind of a pain to take the shoulder pads off the first strike guys though.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I think the Carnodon looks neat.

E: 40k rules there are obviously 30k rules as well on the Forgeworld site.

E2: I also like that this 30k model came with 40k rules from day 1. I just wish the Aurox and Dracosan (and Stormhammer :sigh:) did too.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 15, 2018

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Carnodons should be easy to proxy anyway.

For converting the ETB Primaris Marines with deathwatch pads, after carving off about 10 dudes’ worth of shoulders I ended up buying a bunch of Intercessors arm bits off eBay and just replacing the whole thing.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I really like that they’ve imported the 30k idiom of pintle-mounted multilasers into 40k: CS Goto eat your goddamn heart out.

Is there actually lore behind why 30k (and because of this, CSMs) only has “Combi-bolters” rather than Storm Bolters?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Schadenboner posted:

I really like that they’ve imported the 30k idiom of pintle-mounted multilasers into 40k: CS Goto eat your goddamn heart out.

Is there actually lore behind why 30k (and because of this, CSMs) only has “Combi-bolters” rather than Storm Bolters?

Storm Bolters came after the heresy and later renegade chapters always forget to take them with them

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Improbable Lobster posted:

Storm Bolters came after the heresy and later renegade chapters always forget to take them with them

I want to say I remember reading something about how the Mechies discovered that “one machine spirit, two barrels” worked better than just bolting two of them together?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

richyp posted:

Fantastic. :D

Also I got my auction winning of Haldur Icepelt today and got my first exposure to the new instruction booklet with the rules. Pretty neat thing actually.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

I think the Carnodon looks neat.

E: 40k rules there are obviously 30k rules as well on the Forgeworld site.

E2: I also like that this 30k model came with 40k rules from day 1. I just wish the Aurox and Dracosan (and Stormhammer :sigh:) did too.

Woah is this the first instance of volkite in 40k?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Zasze posted:

Woah is this the first instance of volkite in 40k?

Nope. The 30k era Terminator Squads for 40k can take them already.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I think some AdMech units have them too but IIRC theirs might not have had a deflagrate rule (or had a weak translation of them to 8E)?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
There's also the FW knight with a volkite.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

chutche2 posted:

There's also the FW knight with a volkite.

Yeah, but it 'just' causes extra hits on a 6 to wound. I wonder why they're going for mortals with these.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Forge World, inconsistent?!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

Got the pics back of my mediocre and yet fully painted 2000 points.

https://imgur.com/a/bUFXqwe

what chapter are these handsome lads?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I think those are some handsome Crimson Fist bois

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So this is an extreme long shot but if any of you are buying the rogue Trader set and actually don't want the actual Rogue Traders (ie the dog all I care about is the dog) pm me

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eifert Posting posted:

So this is an extreme long shot but if any of you are buying the rogue Trader set and actually don't want the actual Rogue Traders (ie the dog all I care about is the dog) pm me

Honestly that's about half the reason I'm getting it. Eventually.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

MasterSlowPoke posted:

your a monster

That's clearly not a Hordes card. He's jack'n it.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Schadenboner posted:

I think some AdMech units have them too but IIRC theirs might not have had a deflagrate rule (or had a weak translation of them to 8E)?

Ad Mech have it as a choice for Tech-priests. Heavy 3 S6 AP0, 6s to wound are mortals.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
After playing my Deathwatch vs a friend's death guard yesterday, I see absolutely no reason not to equip every deathwatch veteran with storm bolters.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly that's about half the reason I'm getting it. Eventually.

Hence the long shot.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

After playing my Deathwatch vs a friend's death guard yesterday, I see absolutely no reason not to equip every deathwatch veteran with storm bolters.

One possible reason is that storm bolters will cost more post-FAQ or CA18. Because they are currently a pretty brain-dead choice.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
In that case, I'm a bit hosed.
Lined up the painted parts of my Inquisition army for yesterdays game, so this is my late contribution to Army August. I added Celestine in the back, just for this shot.

The Warlord is the (so far) unpainted Watch Master, but fluff wise, it's being lead by Inkvissitör Svensson. He's an Ordo Malleus inquisitor in terminator armor.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The GW store near me had a Spearhead detachment battle today, we played Big Guns Never Tire, 2k per side.

The battle was fun, but drat did my tank-busting deep-strike unit (5 terminators and Lysander) get owned by a dunecrawler re-rolling his saves bc he was on the other side of a wall from another dunecrawler. We narrowly lost on victory points after one of my opponent's canticles of the omnissiah went off and did 3 mortal wounds to my dear Captain Lysander, killing him dead.

But the important takeaway here is that my Vindicator did 18 damage and killed two Kastelan robits!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd like 80% talked myself into buying Rogue Trader and it's a really dumb thing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eifert Posting posted:

I'd like 80% talked myself into buying Rogue Trader and it's a really dumb thing.

Oh it totally is.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Counterpoint: Anything with a doggo that good can't be all bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm sure when they release the RT squad as a box later on, or worse, individually, it will have been a better deal to buy the box.

Though right now I'm putting money away for Tooth and Claw, it will give me all the SW stuff I want to add to the army. Actually, I don't have Wolfen or Murder Santa, are they worth getting?

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Cross posting so all you potentially curious 40k bros can get a taste of 30k and how dead it is here in Australia!

###Message Incoming## ....##DATA DUMP ENGAGED##..##KILL-KILL-KILL#

This is a ‘Hobby Event’ and not a tournament, games and the event itself were highly narrative, with many levels of additional sub quests, character advancements and NPCs, as well as the huge multi level Zone Mortalis main table that encompassed 4 levels of a facility that you could use elevators to move between!

If you’ve listened to the EOH podcast you’ll know what they are into; good quality hobby and fun.
The event was the next evolution of the Geigenhive/Oblivion events, building up the narrative for our planned event series in 2019. It was a Zone Mortalis and Centurion event only as it was shadow war based campaign
The Spindral Wastes had the players following several prophecies, Traitor Relic Hunters following the path of the famed Explorator Haarkon Xyr, Imperials chasing the Emperor’s Children outcast Cellor and his Fleet of Excess as they leave Geigenhive in possession of millions of humans and captured Astarte.

We all started off on the BIG ZM table, traitors and loyalists took a side each and then you had to fight through the levels looting data and relics, when you looted specific data terminals they would reveal what planet some juicy event or relics were hidden on and you teleport out and went chasing it. The whole basis of this campaign was to find as much loot as possible for your side and wreck anyone who stood in your way. The EOH crew had an entire table of NPC's you could hire, fight, murder or recruit during your games and it added heaps to the overall feel and fun of the day.

The rest of the tables:

Most of the armies:

Some of my battles:
I got two big 2v2 1500 points per person games in, loyalist vs traitor. For the first game I was of course loyalists with my shiny fists and got paired with another goons loyalist iron warriors against some traitors consisting of Solar Aux and iron warriors also. It was a very unlucky game and I rolled all the 1s in the world, as well as my team getting some key things against us first turn like my box dread exploding in one shot and killing 4 siege tyrants!!! still tons of fun though!

Second game went much better, it was another 2v2 1500 points each player match up. It was myself and a good mate of mines "loyalist" alphas against a combined admech and traitor templars force.
The mission was "Challange" and wining the match could be triggered by slaying an enemy warlord with yours in combat. My warlord for this event was my Siege Breaker with the phosphex bandoleer and he just happened to get charged by the templars HQ and tanked 3 wounds and proceeded to chainfist his head off in return wining us the match! we played through 4 turns however to capture all the tech on the board and finish off the narrative for the planet. We ended up mauling the traitors pretty badly and the stars of the match were my box dreads killing the enemies leviathan and my team mates plasma cannon squad dominating the board with hot death.

Oh and I won a thing:

All in all it was a loving amazing day/night and I totally wish it was a 2 day event. The amount of effort from the organizers was critical and immense, especially the terrain and all the crazy extra rules and NPCS/ArcheoTech you could trigger/loot.
I can't wait for the next EOH event and big shout out to all the lads who attended, not only were you all cool dudes but everything was painted and presented to a high standard and it made the hobby really shine through

oh .... and Loyalists ended up carrying the day over the traitors!

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
gently caress me, man, wow

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Painted a Flesh Tearers test model. I think I've found my next army:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
How can Sisters of Silence be made into a viable TAC unit? Like, probably not as a main force, but so they would at least be useful against more than just TSons or GKs?

I was thinking an Ld debuff to represent the existential "wrongness" of blanks? -2 Ld within 6", -1 within 12" and the penalties double (or just increase by 1) for psykers or psychic choirs?

Because as-is it seems like they're just just up-costed Battle Sisters with fewer options, no invuln, and no Immolators (although all-flamer is a look the SoBs should very much look at)?