Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

I really want to try that pasta prepared on a giant cheese thing. Like super bad. It looks amazing.

I have to admit I had a brief concern about sanitation and then I was like motherfucker you eat at the China buffet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

I have to admit I had a brief concern about sanitation and then I was like motherfucker you eat at the China buffet

The China buffet is everybody's secret shame. :smithcloud:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

quote:

microwaved potato with peanut butter, cabbage with nooge, banana

ピザルールなし

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Sep 15, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I tried looking up cheese wheel pasta facts and gave up pretty quick. But I did find this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6enIZ2qxEo

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Celebrating my return to dairy with excellent cheese and some of my most precious collected honeys:

Drunken Goat with aged fireweed honey, which has darkened and crystallized with extreme age

One-year Gouda with special winter honey from the southern Big Island of Hawaii, now devastated by the volcano, the last of its kind

Fresh chèvre with Saskatoon berry honey, a gift from goonfriend ExecuDork from a place I’ve never been

Double-creme blue with a coworker’s farm honey, one of my all-time favorites, a gooey crystalline-viscous matrix

Truffle Tremor brie-type with a bit of my dwindling store of finely crystallized white kiawe honey

Thank you, QFC, for celebrating my return to dairy with a great selection of cheap cheese-ends in the dollar bin. I salute you. Yes, I ate the whole plate.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

ピザルールなし

i would try that sushi pizza that looks solid

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

What the gently caress is nooge

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Grand Fromage posted:

quote:

Urban Dictionary: Nooge

a person that has set themself apart with ridiculously shady behavior. a geek.

e;
Looks like ramen flavor packet powder to me tho.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schubalts posted:

It can be the most delicious thing in the universe, it still looks gross. Which is the thread.

Dog Haus loaded onion rings are the best goddamn poo poo but holy hell they need to hire a new photographer.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Why? Those look great, clearly identifiable ingredients, vivid colors, great contrast.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would do sexual things with my mouth to those. Not super sure about the top right because I don't know what it is. But the others, definitely.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Why? Those look great, clearly identifiable ingredients, vivid colors, great contrast.

A little too vivid to my eyes; the green of the avocado looks like antifreeze, the sea salt looks blue, the meat on the back right looks basically raw.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

A little too vivid to my eyes; the green of the avocado looks like antifreeze, the sea salt looks blue, the meat on the back right looks basically raw.

Are you phoneposting?

Phones tend to bump up color saturation significantly

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm computerposting and the color saturation still looks overdone to me. :shrug:

Most of it wouldn't be noticable by itself, but the green of avocados is really obviously oversaturated.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Haifisch posted:

I'm computerposting and the color saturation still looks overdone to me. :shrug:

Most of it wouldn't be noticable by itself, but the green of avocados is really obviously oversaturated.

And the bacon in the top-right looks pinker than it should be as well.

Still would eat.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Manuel Calavera posted:

I would do sexual things with my mouth to those. Not super sure about the top right because I don't know what it is. But the others, definitely.

Same. Goddamn I want those right now holy loving poo poo

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

Nutritional yeast, sometimes known as "Nooch". I'm guessing nooge is a mispelling

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

elise the great posted:

Celebrating my return to dairy with excellent cheese and some of my most precious collected honeys:

Ok, cheese and honey is not a pairing that I would have thought of on my own but it 100% makes sense in my head simply on the grounds of sweet and salty being wonderful. Any tips for someone who knows stuff about cheese but not about honey and wants to try this combo?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
My best advice about honey is to skip the clover stuff and buy a few different small jars of wildflower honey from around your area, and just taste the differences. Different flowers, different times of year, etc all play into flavor more than you’d think possible until you’ve tasted them, and most honey is good with most cheese. Maybe get some crackers or dried/fresh fruit to go with it unless you’re a heathen like me.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Screw you Elise, I just got tested again and my red meat antibody numbers are slightly higher than two years ago. No real cheese for me at least for a couple more years :randno:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

red meat allergy. D:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

KataraniSword posted:

Dog Haus loaded onion rings are the best goddamn poo poo but holy hell they need to hire a new photographer.

violent color saturation

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aunt Beth posted:

Ok, cheese and honey is not a pairing that I would have thought of on my own but it 100% makes sense in my head simply on the grounds of sweet and salty being wonderful.
Cheese and jam is also really good.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

My only complaint here is the the avo needs to be mashed imo, otherwise it'll be difficult to eat

But also yeah that sort of saturation works for sweet stuff but definitely gives a weird vibe for savory

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 08:31 on Sep 15, 2018

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

First time I heard about the cheese wheel pasta I thought it was served in the cheese wheel, like those London hipster meals that are served on a tree trunk or whatever, and was like "how the gently caress do you clean a cheese wheel bowl you can't run that poo poo through a dishwasher". It made a lot more sense when I looked it up although I guarantee you some loving restaurant really is serving its customers pasta inside a cheese bowl at this very moment either because of a misunderstanding or because it's more instagrammable.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Haverchuck posted:

violent color saturation

HDR piled high

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KataraniSword posted:

Enhance

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Scarodactyl posted:

red meat antibody numbers

Christ, is this the reason I can’t eat red meat any more?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

LadyPictureShow posted:

Christ, is this the reason I can’t eat red meat any more?

I think it can happen for other reasons but I'm pretty sure 99% of all cases of that occur due to an unusual reaction a small portion of people have to getting bitten by a tick

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Oh dear.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

I remember the first time (and second, and third) I did this. Never lay down to "rest your eyes" while you wait for your fries/whatever to finish in the oven if you have a box of wine or two in you. Every time I wake up 10 hours later wondering what that smell is and dealing with the disappointment that I didn't get to eat that stuff and annoyance that now I have to scrape all the charcoal off my baking sheet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I remember the first time (and second, and third) I did this. Never lay down to "rest your eyes" while you wait for your fries/whatever to finish in the oven if you have a box of wine or two in you. Every time I wake up 10 hours later wondering what that smell is and dealing with the disappointment that I didn't get to eat that stuff and annoyance that now I have to scrape all the charcoal off my baking sheet.

:stare:

Now it's been a long time since I bought a box of wine but aren't they four liters?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Memento posted:

Now it's been a long time since I bought a box of wine but aren't they four liters?
Some are only 2.5, but that is still way too much wine.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Memento posted:

:stare:

They were 3 where I was living at the time. It's a lot but when you stretch it over the course of an entire day...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

They were 3 where I was living at the time. It's a lot but when you stretch it over the course of an entire day...

I really don't get to day drink enough any more :(

Anyway, content.

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1040934894325653504

quote:

Cool off with Campbell's Beef Broth. Take it straight from the can and onto the ice. Try it with a dash of Worcestershire sauce or lemon garnish. You can even add your own thing. It's a great way to cool off after a hot day on land or sea. As a matter of fact, don't even wait for a real hot day; start pouring now! Cheers!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Is it different where you're from, or is box wine like absolutely the lowest quality stuff? Like basically a mixture of the dregs from a bunch of different wineries, the wine equivalent of those 20cent/kg sausages that are made of all the meat scraped off the factory floor. Because that's what I think of when I think box wine - it's always just labelled "red" or "white" and is basically only fit for cooking with in my experience.

Basically box wine in NZ is some of the most AFP alcohol around.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Sep 15, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

bike tory posted:

Is it different where you're from, or is box wine like absolutely the lowest quality stuff? Like basically a mixture of the dregs from a bunch of different wineries, the wine equivalent of those 20cent/kg sausages that are made of all the meat scraped off the factory floor. Because that's what I think of when I think box wine - it's always just labelled "red" or "white" and is basically only fit for cooking with in my experience.
I'm personally not very discriminating when it comes to wine, but I think the Yalumba ones are generally considered OK for cheap wine and they're certainly marketed as being better than you'd expect of a cask. And there are a few different brands that are specific styles from specific wineries rather than being generic amalgams.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

bike tory posted:

Basically box wine in NZ is some of the most AFP alcohol around.

I forget exactly what they cost but it was under 10 dollars even in switzerland for 3 liters of wine. It definitely wasn't high quality stuff, but sometimes you don't want to haul a case of 500ml beer back to your place and aren't in the mood for liquor. It was a sweet spot in being easy to transport and strong enough that you don't have to consume an absurd amount of liquid to get the job done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh I think in Europe it's different. A friend of mine when she came to NZ from France bought a box of wine at the supermarket because it was what she was used to doing at home for cheap drinkable wine, and was horrified at what she got.