Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Andrast posted:

That would require playing Revelation

I'm sorry I played Revelation then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't think I've seen anyone discuss this ITT yet, so: Flora's Atk/Res Solo skill is inheritable to healers. If you need something to stick in Veronica/Maribelle/Elise/Genny's A-slot, try pulling red :)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone discuss this ITT yet, so: Flora's Atk/Res Solo skill is inheritable to healers. If you need something to stick in Veronica/Maribelle/Elise/Genny's A-slot, try pulling red :)

It would be pretty good on my Genny

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

loquacius posted:

Good to know, but I think I'll wait for a hypothetical ATK/SPD solo. Or bond if I luck into that first.

Honestly though, close counter has been surprisingly useful on her and I'm not sure I actually want something else. Right now I have her sitting at 47 Atk and 40 Spd, which is enough to tank under certain circumstances provided she has the Close Def seal.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Another note: why am I seeing so many Veronica/PA!Azura/BLyn combos in Arena, it's infuriating and I thought I'd statted out of seeing that poo poo by now :mad:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

loquacius posted:

Another note: why am I seeing so many Veronica/PA!Azura/BLyn combos in Arena, it's infuriating and I thought I'd statted out of seeing that poo poo by now :mad:

What range are you in? I'm not seeing any even though I'm using an unmerged Tailtiu, getting down towards 720. I'm using both BLyn and a dancer on my def team though :|

e: upon writing this I immediately felt bad for Tailtiu, so I uped the +spd -res I've been saving. The old one was +def/-hp, so life and death didnt feel so brutal, but this just looks she wouldnt survive the first attack. I do like her speed though:

Seeing as I already did it (drat wine), I'm going to finish this. Fury would put her back up at 60/65 effective hp, which is.. okay. And as a blade user she probably wants glimmer. 47 or 45 speed shouldnt really matter that much, the super speed reds with dc should die in the first anyway. Any Tailtiu users with any input?

ee: well spent feathers and fury imo! Old and new:

valuum fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 15, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

rannum posted:

I might be grading on a curve, I thought the story chapter was pretty good, for the most part. I liked the opening dialog, veronica's "you really never shut up do you", the part with helbindi & the girls was good, Helbindi & Surtr, Laevataen was nice and everyone just going "you loving suck surtr" was fine. The ending needed something more (could splurge for a CG scene) but at least it was like
an ending

and not "oh, we're done? ok" that book 1 had

Maybe by Book 4 we'll have a genuinely good story throughout

:same: except that I really hated the ending, or at least the part where fjorm talks about how she'll stay with the summoner forever

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Elyv posted:

:same: except that I really hated the ending, or at least the part where fjorm talks about how she'll stay with the summoner forever

:f5: except it's me smacking my phone screen as fast and hard as possible to get past that stuff

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Elyv posted:

My guess is that they were trying to justify why Fjorm doesn't just gently caress off and leave your barracks now that Surtr is dead, but, yeah they really didn't need to

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah I liked the direction of Fjorm deciding to use her limited time left alive to help the Order of Heroes in its mission to protect other lands from invading tyrants like Surtr. The additional sighs over the summoner were very unnecessary.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
How did Fjorm do on the last CYL poll anyway? I get the feeling she isn't especially popular.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

Yeah I liked the direction of Fjorm deciding to use her limited time left alive to help the Order of Heroes in its mission to protect other lands from invading tyrants like Surtr. The additional sighs over the summoner were very unnecessary.

saaaaame
totally fine with her wanting to repay her debt, but going oh summoner................. was too much.

also this means Fjorm will be in story scenes in Book 3 most likely, yeah?

Clarste posted:

How did Fjorm do on the last CYL poll anyway? I get the feeling she isn't especially popular.
She ranked 39th.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Since I had it open, the OC rankings are as follows:
4th - Veronica
10th - Loki
29th - Laevatein
37th - Alfonse
39th - Fjorm
40th - Sharena
62 - Surtr
71 - Bruno
75 - Anna (Heroes)
103 - Gunnthra

Laegjarn, Helbindi, Hrid & Ylgr weren't introduced at the time of the poll. I'm guessing they got a lot of positive feedback on the first two though, so they no doubt would have placed very highly.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Reminder, Anna got Marth'd hard in CYL2. If all her iterations counted, she would have had a score of 9749 with rank #20. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

rannum posted:

saaaaame
totally fine with her wanting to repay her debt, but going oh summoner................. was too much.

also this means Fjorm will be in story scenes in Book 3 most likely, yeah?

She ranked 39th.

Their attempt at a Saber failed

Now they’ll either try for an alternate universe Saber or Jeanne

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Reminder, Anna got Marth'd hard in CYL2. If all her iterations counted, she would have had a score of 9749 with rank #20. :colbert:

Marth got a unit that was better than the actual equivalent CYL unit

Anna wishes she got that Marth’d

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fjorm wasn't an Artoria. The closest equivalent to an FGO original that's popular is Jalter. Artoria and Jeanne were in previous works.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Fjorm is a Jeanne.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think I can actually name a single personality trait of Fjorm

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

*cough*

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

At least she'll be dead soon.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
trust her siblings even when it doesn't make any sense

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Obsessed with the summoner.

I didn't say it was an interesting trait.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nages posted:

trust her siblings even when it doesn't make any sense

I wouldn't trust my siblings to get me a glass of water without spitting in it

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
She's uh... frosted tips?? I guess Fonsie and Shareena have that too though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Huh that cinematic sure looks good in retrospect, huh?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

You know, now that book 2 is over and Fjorm officially has a terminal case of anime cancer, her story sorta has a sense of... finality to it.

What I'm saying is it might be time to start thinking about a new thread title.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I changed the title for 2.0 and plan to change it again for 3.0 so if anybody has ideas throw them at me

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

cheetah7071 posted:

I changed the title for 2.0 and plan to change it again for 3.0 so if anybody has ideas throw them at me

My idea is we wait for book 3s trailer

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
We gonna wait for the new marketing character first

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

You know, now that book 2 is over and Fjorm officially has a terminal case of anime cancer, her story sorta has a sense of... finality to it.

Fjorm died on the way back to her home planet

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

If any new character/trailer doesn't give us anything to work with, this.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Onmi posted:

My idea is we wait for book 3s trailer

Yeah this. No memes to beat to death yet.

I bet next book is gonna either focus on Lavatein as you do stuff with muspell, or theyll move on to some other elemental kingdom.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

loving hates Surtr
Generically nice otherwise

Most importantly: thinks laegjarn is cool

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

We gonna wait for the new marketing character first

It's gonna be an OC beast character to advertise the new laguz mechanic.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

It's gonna be an OC beast character to advertise the new laguz mechanic.

also monster waifus & husbandos are in, primo OC material

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Change the title to Silas is a dumb pity-breaking motherfucker

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I move don't change it unless someone can come up with a better pun(this will be hard)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I guess it was her final form in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

Andrast posted: