Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
.5 PPR, 12 team league, QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FX

QB: Goff
RB: C Thompson, T Coleman, Lindsay, Morris, Breida, Powell, Crowell
WR: A Brown, K Allen, Kupp, Sutton
TE: Ertz

I've been offered

give: Coleman, Crowell
get: S Diggs, Burkhead

Do I take that? Gut says yes - I feel like Coleman and Crowell are going to take backseats to Freeman/Powell eventually, so I might as well go with the sure(r) thing in Diggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I wouldn't take that trade but it isn't TERRIBLE.

(Hi!)

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Dropped Bernard for Ekeler :sigh:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
You are not very strong at RB and that trade forces you to give away some good depth (plus there's a good chance that Crowell actually holds onto the starting job), so I don't think I'd do it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Miko posted:

I've got Bernard on the worst of my teams, so it's a nice little boost for my lovely rear end team.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Miko posted:

You're still better off in the long term

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Mixon predicted to be out 2 weeks.

If I owned Gio in dynasty though I’d be shopping him to the Mixon owner for sure.

Predicted by whom? And does this include his second opinion on needing surgery?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Poque posted:

I wouldn't take that trade but it isn't TERRIBLE.

(Hi!)

:glomp:

Mikey Purp posted:

You are not very strong at RB and that trade forces you to give away some good depth (plus there's a good chance that Crowell actually holds onto the starting job), so I don't think I'd do it.

Appreciate the input!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's Freeman worth really? Maybe a Jordan Howard?

I knew this train I was getting on with Freeman. But #valueinthe2ndround (and 3rd) and stuff. Think I want off this train already.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Not even through week 2, and in my redraft league I'm already down

D Freeman
J Mixon
M Goodwin
G Olsen

That's 4 of my first 6 picks

The Zack fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 15, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

What's Freeman worth really? Maybe a Jordan Howard?

I knew this train I was getting on with Freeman. But #valueinthe2ndround (and 3rd) and stuff. Think I want off this train already.

He's missed 3 games in his entire career to now. You're out of your mind.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's missed 3 games in his entire career to now. You're out of your mind.

He had like what, one good year of RB1 production before a Coleman appeared? Tevin Coleman is a fantasy sap and enough threat to production that I’ve avoided picking Freeman since that time he screwed me over.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Suave Fedora posted:

He had like what, one good year of RB1 production before a Coleman appeared? Tevin Coleman is a fantasy sap and enough threat to production that I’ve avoided picking Freeman since that time he screwed me over.

he was RB1 in 2015, Coleman's first year. RB6 in 2016, RB13 last season.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Tevin came in in 2015 starting then

1056, 11 TD's 73 receptions, 578 yards, 3 TDs
1079, 11 TD's 54 receptions 462 yards, 2 TD's
865, 7 TD's 36 receptions, 327 yards 1 TD (missed 2 games and played injured a decent chunk of the season)

You're wildly overreacting.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

kiimo posted:

Predicted by whom? And does this include his second opinion on needing surgery?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1040711494055481347?s=19

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

865, 7 TD's 36 receptions, 327 yards 1 TD (missed 2 games and played injured a decent chunk of the season)

Now go game by game.

It's annoying as poo poo.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Freeman isn’t great with Shanahan gone. It’s not Coleman’s fault. He just appears to be more coach proof.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Should I drop Jordan Wilkins for Dante Pettis? .5 PPR.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Coleman, Crowell, and Bernard were all dropped in my league this week, wondering if any of them would be an upgrade on my current RBs (0.5 PPR):

Peterson
Lindsay
Lynch
Williams

I’m wary of Coleman just because Freeman is probably coming back soon, but on the other hand all of my backfield are basically committee or soon to be anyway. Same with Bernard, although I think Mixon might miss more than two weeks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'd probably do Crowell over Williams

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

Coleman, Crowell, and Bernard were all dropped in my league this week, wondering if any of them would be an upgrade on my current RBs (0.5 PPR):

Peterson
Lindsay
Lynch
Williams

I’m wary of Coleman just because Freeman is probably coming back soon, but on the other hand all of my backfield are basically committee or soon to be anyway. Same with Bernard, although I think Mixon might miss more than two weeks.

I’d do Crowell over Williams and Coleman over Lindsay. Coleman is what every Lindsay owner hopes he becomes this season, so might as well own the original.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I would much rather have Jamaal Williams than Crowell. The Packers RB1 is going to see a lot of favorable game scripts and red zone opportunities. Crowell saw 10 touches in an lopsided win that should've favored him. He ain't turning 10 touches into two scores every week.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

I would much rather have Jamaal Williams than Crowell. The Packers RB1 is going to see a lot of favorable game scripts and red zone opportunities. Crowell saw 10 touches in an lopsided win that should've favored him. He ain't turning 10 touches into two scores every week.

I’d rather have the Packers RB1 as well. But Aaron Jones apparently isn’t on the waiver wire.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Mike McCarthy makes the RB depth chart decisions for the Packers, not the internet. He's made it very clear he prefers Jamaal Williams.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

Mike McCarthy makes the RB depth chart decisions for the Packers, not the internet. He's made it very clear he prefers Jamaal Williams.

Lol

Aaron Jones 2 game suspension has nooothing to do with a JAG like Williams getting the nod.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jones is out there and on my radar, but I wanted to give Williams another game to see what he can do. I’m probably the worst off for RBs in the whole league so I’m not worried about Jones getting snapped up before Monday.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Hooray my coworker accepted my trade offer in our 1ppr 10-team league! Drafted Olsen and Doyle and released Doyle to pick up Conner, lol. I try to not offer garbage trades, this is fair right

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

Lol

Aaron Jones 2 game suspension has nooothing to do with a JAG like Williams getting the nod.
There was an entire offseason and training camp for Jones to challenge Williams for the job and he didn't. Plus there was last year, where Williams ended the season as the Packers' workhorse and looked pretty good at it. And in the 2017 draft, they liked Williams enough they took him 48 picks before Jones. I'm not really going out on a limb here by saying they like Jamaal Williams more.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

There was an entire offseason and training camp for Jones to challenge Williams for the job and he didn't. Plus there was last year, where Williams ended the season as the Packers' workhorse and looked pretty good at it. And in the 2017 draft, they liked Williams enough they took him 48 picks before Jones. I'm not really going out on a limb here by saying they like Jamaal Williams more.

Ok you keep rolling with the guy who only gets opportunities when everyone else is hurt or suspended and I’ll just hang onto the real RB1 :)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I'm in the Jones camp, stashed him in every league.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

Ok you keep rolling with the guy who only gets opportunities when everyone else is hurt or suspended and I’ll just hang onto the real RB1 :)
Feel free to do that. Just don't give bad advice to others because you don't pay attention to the Packers.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Packers backfield is a big :shrug: to me as a Williams owner

And they're playing Minnesota this week so if Williams does nothing it doesn't necessarily mean he's not worth hanging on to

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Ty Montgomery is the poo poo

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

Feel free to do that. Just don't give bad advice to others because you don't pay attention to the Packers.

I’m stuck paying attention to that backfield way more than i actually care about.

It’s not bad advice that I think the guy with a 5+ ypc an inkling of agility and who only has ever lost his job due to injury or suspension is going to do better than a plodder with a 3.6 ypc who only gets carries due to injury or suspension.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Poque posted:

he was RB1 in 2015, Coleman's first year. RB6 in 2016, RB13 last season.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

A slow and steady decline!

quote:

Well, it does come with the territory.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

A slow and steady decline!

Well, it does come with the territory.

2014: 248 yards, 1 td 30rec, 225 yards, 1 td

causation is a bitch aint it.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

I’m stuck paying attention to that backfield way more than i actually care about.

It’s not bad advice that I think the guy with a 5+ ypc an inkling of agility and who only has ever lost his job due to injury or suspension is going to do better than a plodder with a 3.6 ypc who only gets carries due to injury or suspension.
Except for the part where you're making up those assumptions.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Having had a knee arthroscopy myself (though obviously not performed by the best surgeon money can buy and not in the shape Mixon is etc) 2 weeks is very optimistic for him to be playing a lot of downs in my opinion. Usual recovery window is up to 6.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone in my league just traded away Kerryon Johnson for Jamaal Williams and Geronimo Allison.

And then she dropped Doug Baldwin to make room.

This league is six years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone in my league just traded away Kerryon Johnson for Jamaal Williams and Geronimo Allison.

And then she dropped Doug Baldwin to make room.

This league is six years old.

Lmao that trade I just posted where I let the guy know Doug Baldwin would be dead for a while (he started him week one)... he dropped Baldwin. He’s carrying three defenses

I want to pick him up but I’d feel terrible about it