Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sono
Apr 9, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Table slamming will not be permitted and those who violate the rule will be ejected and could face criminal charges. 

What are you in for?

Slamming a table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

First they came for the table Slammers and I did not speak out because I was a butt fingerer.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Like half of Bills tailgating occurs on people’s lawns and in backyards over like a ten-square-mile area, it seems like it would be almost impossible to enforce this ban outside of the stadium lots

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I want a constitutional amendment to protect Americans' right to publicly play stinkfinger and smash furniture

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Im like 90percent sure I'm going to the Lions Bills game in December and I'm more excited to experience the tailgating than to watch my rapist coach maybe win the game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I consider it a bucket list item to pregame a Bills game by the Ralph so I hope nothing fucks with that

It'll be like a Hieronymus Bosch painting

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/1040744572484087808

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Back when San Diego had a team it was patrol cops giving out actual tickets. It was to prevent Raiders fans and other idiots from smashing them over someone's head.

Per my brother - San Diego police - the Raiders games were always much worse to handle than any other game the Chargers played every year.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
what is table slamming and why is it such a scourge on society?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

little munchkin posted:

what is table slamming and why is it such a scourge on society?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiM2_Va8h-k

Bills fans are basically copying late 90's extreme rules wrestling

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if a team went 0-0-16 and the other teams in their division went 7-9, would that first team make the playoffs

e: or I guess they'd have to go 5-9-2

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A guy on /r/nfl went super into depth why ACL injuries happen.

tldr:

1. Shorter training camps and poor practice/workout patterns
2. Type of training
3. Playing surface (wet and low traction cause nearly no tears, hot and high traction cause loads)

I also learned that an average of 23 ACL tears happen during the preseason. We had 22 this season.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

This is what happens when you live in a homogenous, white hellscape with no minorities to harass.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

SKULL.GIF posted:

A guy on /r/nfl went super into depth why ACL injuries happen.

tldr:

1. Shorter training camps and poor practice/workout patterns
2. Type of training
3. Playing surface (wet and low traction cause nearly no tears, hot and high traction cause loads)

I also learned that an average of 23 ACL tears happen during the preseason. We had 22 this season.

In the interest of safety Roger Goodell has instructed all teams to butter the field

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

what a dumb loving country we live in

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
congrats to the city of buffalo for being the first city in the world where it was necessary to criminalize deliberately giving yourself a concussion

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Honestly some of the craziest and most lawless Bills fans are Canadian not Buffalonian.

This one time I was at a stl Rams game when they played them, and one of the Rams players got completely blown up and is just totally knocked out.

These drunk Canadian Bills fans are just shouting to get him off the field, calling the injured player a loving pussy and saying that he's faking the injury and they almost caused a brawl.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 15, 2018

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

little munchkin posted:

congrats to the city of buffalo for being the first city in the world where it was necessary to criminalize deliberately giving yourself a concussion

It wasn’t necessary

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

pasaluki posted:

Honestly some of the craziest and most lawless Bills fans are Canadian not Buffalonian.

This one time I was at a stl Rams game when they played them, and one of the Rams players got completely blown up and is just totally knocked out.

These drunk Canadian Bills fans are just shouting to get him off the field, calling the injured player a loving pussy and saying that he's faking the injury and they almost caused a brawl.

How did you identify them as Canadian, genuinely curious...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Don't tell me, take it up with the thread.

The idea of scraping games for data on the running game is what made me think of it.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

Grittybeard posted:

Don't tell me, take it up with the thread.

The idea of scraping games for data on the running game is what made me think of it.

Thank you sincerely for this link, I haven’t followed TFF for a few years and wound up missing this very interesting thing

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

MoaM posted:

The easiest way is Canadians have a shibboleth when they say the word "about" they pronounce it like "a boot" that was a dead giveaway.

They were sitting one row down. They asked us where we from and vice versa since the game was in St. Louis. Then they got totally blasted.

I like the Canadian fans in general though.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 15, 2018

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This does sort of beg the question: does Bills facilities need to collect and dispose of like a few dozen tables (more?) from the parking lot after every game?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Edit:

my question was answered

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 15, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Big Jay Cutler posted:

Thank you sincerely for this link, I haven’t followed TFF for a few years and wound up missing this very interesting thing

It really is a great thread. The info's a little dated now obviously but the concepts are still good and Forever_Peace has the scripts so you can do your own comparisons linked somewhere in there.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I didn't truly understand A) how to read the graphs in chapter 2 or B) how mind-bendingly good Jamaal Charles was until I got to his section.

Then I realized how to read the graphs and everything snapped into perfect Holy poo poo focus. God drat.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I dunno if this was posted but it's too funny not to share

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1040035311420624896

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
gently caress the Chargers

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1040317828195213313

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
It's crazy how expensive it is to go to an nfl game, and I don't even live in LA. A friend and I were talking about trying to get to a vikings game this season, and we both said we want to spend no more than $60 on tickets. This is while we were at a big 10 football game we spent $20 on our tickets for, and they were good seats. Right now the cheapest ticket for vikings vs buffalo is $69 (nice). Admittedly that big 10 football game was the gophers but it was still a lot of fun.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MoaM posted:

Their touques, politeness, and bottles of Molson are a dead giveaway.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Their touques, politeness, and bottles of Molson are a dead giveaway.

I like to imagine a stadium janitor in St Louis picking up thousands of Budweiser cans after the game and then finding two empty bottles of Labatt Blue and being so loving confused.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I got t-boned at an intersection yesterday and lost consciousness for a split second. In that time I saw a white light, and the smiling visage of Joey Bosa beckoning me to the great sideline in the sky.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

God Bless them. Every one.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

It's crazy how expensive it is to go to an nfl game, and I don't even live in LA. A friend and I were talking about trying to get to a vikings game this season, and we both said we want to spend no more than $60 on tickets. This is while we were at a big 10 football game we spent $20 on our tickets for, and they were good seats. Right now the cheapest ticket for vikings vs buffalo is $69 (nice). Admittedly that big 10 football game was the gophers but it was still a lot of fun.
The Chiefs try and get you for like loving 60 dollars to park if you try to buy at the gate.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

indigi posted:

if a team went 0-0-16 and the other teams in their division went 7-9, would that first team make the playoffs

e: or I guess they'd have to go 5-9-2

When comparing W-L-T records, a tie can be expressed as a half-win and half-loss. So yes, 0-0-16 =~ 8-8-0 and they'd make the playoffs.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
This is why ties are fun and good for the league.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So funnels okay, glass bottles not okay?

They are just trying to get rid of a bigger portion of microbrews. :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kalensc posted:

When comparing W-L-T records, a tie can be expressed as a half-win and half-loss. So yes, 0-0-16 =~ 8-8-0 and they'd make the playoffs.

The other in division teams could go 6-7-3 as the closest to a functional 8 wins and the 0-0-16 team would get in, so that gets at least one more win than 5-9-2. I haven't figured out if 0-0-16 could win tiebreakers over a 7-7-2 team.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

An 0-0-16 team is statistically better than a 6-8-2 team, for the record.

(distributing the ties gets 8-8 and 7-9)

• Locked thread