Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

#Wow

You really nailed hot topic to the wall with that post!

It was more a cheap gibe about Hot Topic patrons being unhappy/goth/miserable etc etc but I didn't reckon with your spirited defense of the brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Hot Topic Defender has either logged on, or never actually logged off

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

felch me daddy jr. posted:

Yeah, what you did was create a deathcoaster (actually more likely a go-kart with the exit connected directly to water) in an isolated area and manually put all the unhappy people in that area.

I usually just made barf-coasters and watched my janitors get more and more unhappy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

NtotheTC posted:

It was more a cheap gibe about Hot Topic patrons being unhappy/goth/miserable etc etc but I didn't reckon with your spirited defense of the brand

I think at this point they're teenagers buying band t shirts and Disney poo poo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Len posted:

I think at this point they're teenagers buying band t shirts and Disney poo poo

Ton of rick & morty poo poo
another half ton of harry potter/riverdale/whatever was hot like 6 months ago
double that of edgy goth wear and whatever the gently caress else that entails
couple spinny racks of piercing jewelry
roughly 150,000 funko pops
a wall of witty tshirts
half a wall of actual rock band shirts although 5 finger death punch is about as extreme as they get - seriously, i was looking for a Pearl Jam shirt and no luck there
more goth-y poo poo on a clearance rack

If you or whatever child you lured into the white van you parked outside the mall don't need any of that, then you can pass by Hot Topic and not have missed a thing

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I would've loved Hot Topic about 10-15 years ago, but I'm too old for that poo poo now

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
hot topic doesn't even sell hair dye anymore. how the mighty fall

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pththya-lyi posted:

I would've loved Hot Topic about 10-15 years ago, but I'm too old for that poo poo now

That was me. I had a sketchbook with a "you laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same" sticker on the cover.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I loved Hot Topic as a teen (and so did all of my Goth/weeb friends) but I was too fat to wear much of their merch.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Manuel Calavera posted:

That was me. I had a sketchbook with a "you laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same" sticker on the cover.

I used to laugh at the idiots who would wear those shirts unironically, because the whole "mass produced shirt" factoid somehow escaped them.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dovetaile posted:

I loved Hot Topic as a teen (and so did all of my Goth/weeb friends) but I was too fat to wear much of their merch.

This was also me, outside of the t-shirts yeah.

And the irony then was lost on me, Zipperlli. As I was a dumb teen listening to Good Charlotte. And I still remember the lyrics to 'Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous.' At least I was listening to good bands then as well.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I would always look at hot topic as I passed it but never went in because I was afraid I wasn't cool enough.

See also: every other store at the mall that wasn't a large department store.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Linked because huge image.
https://imgur.com/gallery/vRdcSCX

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

I believe this right up until the part where she goes back, refuses a tip (the most unbelievable part) and finds out she’s been the topic of conversation all evening.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm the mentally deficient man who looks completely normal (NANI?!?)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So I delivered pizzas back in the day and just... thirty loving miles? I really can't believe that for a second, even in Alaska.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Disappointed that i read all that and the 'handicapped' man didn't pop up at the end furious with evil aunt because he isn't disabled at all, she just made it up as an excuse.

Also disappointed that not actually disabled man didn't then ask pizza girl on a date.

Mostly disappointed that I read it at all and then felt moved to disappoint you with the quality of my posting.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

dovetaile posted:

That's why they created Torrid (which is online only, I think). Plus sized Hot Topic.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Aleph Null posted:

That's why they created Torrid (which is online only, I think). Plus sized Hot Topic.

Last time I was in a mall (which admittedly is a pretty long time) there were definitely physical torrid locations. I don't know if I'd call it plus sized hot topic, just plus size in general. I don't remember seeing a bunch of invader zim and anime stuff on them, anyway.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Zelder posted:

I know it's just down to lovely anime art style, but she really doesn't help her own case with:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Last time I was in a mall (which admittedly is a pretty long time) there were definitely physical torrid locations. I don't know if I'd call it plus sized hot topic, just plus size in general. I don't remember seeing a bunch of invader zim and anime stuff on them, anyway.

They are definitely just plus sized in general.

There's also box lunch which is the same poo poo as Hot Topic only with a brighter cheerier atmosphere

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've read that stdh before. Like the exact same story, without the anime thrown in.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I love torrid and I buy more poo poo at hot topic now than I did when I was a teenager

I get $10 rewards twice a year from torrid for just existing, it's nice

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

I'm the employer who, after being told an employee stole money from a customer, orders the same employee to go back to the customer's house and return the money, and takes no other action.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Look, it's Alaska. You fire the one teenager within a day's drive, then you gotta take out a help wanted ad in the Mooseknuckle Mirror and before you know it you're giving 30 hours a week to some toothless, shack-dwelling hermit who won't tell you his name and comes to work drunk on stove fuel.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Snoo posted:

I love torrid and I buy more poo poo at hot topic now than I did when I was a teenager

I get $10 rewards twice a year from torrid for just existing, it's nice

I bought a bunch of torrid stuff recently and it was pretty nice. My only concern is longevity. I hope a plus-size store will understand that fat girl thighs rub like crazy.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Zelder posted:

Yeah, I get the point was “how was I to know I shouldn’t take money from him,” but that’s a really insulting way to say it.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Idgi, the dude was mentally deficient cause he figured :5bux: was a good tip to the pizza teen? Or was the mean old lady a bitch?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

El Padrino posted:

Idgi, the dude was mentally deficient cause he figured :5bux: was a good tip to the pizza teen? Or was the mean old lady a bitch?

I assume it was that the kid had a mild mental disability and the woman thought that meant he was incompetent to do anything, which is a sadly common attitude. So when the aunt heard he'd paid, she assumed the delivery girl had tricked him into overpaying. If it had really happened.

Anyway, there's this trend/meme going around where you claim to have made a bot observe something for a thousand hours and then make its own version. I kind of want it to die.

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

Anyway, there's this trend/meme going around where you claim to have made a bot observe something for a thousand hours and then make its own version. I kind of want it to die.

Ugh, this is the worst one I've seen. I've been tinkering around with natural language ML stuff for a while and there's no way a bot came up with this.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

GreenMetalSun posted:

...and that goldfish, was Albert Einstein.

Why no, you can't keep a fish in the bowl we sell on the fish aisle.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Andy Pandy posted:

Ugh, this is the worst one I've seen. I've been tinkering around with natural language ML stuff for a while and there's no way a bot came up with this.

:thejoke:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

I really hate this defense. “Yes, this thing is indistinguishable from all the others, but somehow you should have known this one was a joke!” No, you can’t, that’s Poe’s Law.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Andy Pandy posted:

It's especially garbage because the ones actually made with neural networks or predicative text are completely insane and sound like some kind of schizophrenic word salad that is a billion times funnier and more absurd than this corny poo poo.

I still laugh until my whole soul aches at that one where they fed recipe and cooking books into one and it came up with recipe names like "Completely Meat Circle" and "Crockpot Cold Water."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Lewis and Quark is fantastic. The recent heirloom apples one was brilliant.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Lewis and Quark is fantastic. The recent heirloom apples one was brilliant.

I’d eat an apple called “lady of the light” any old time. I’m iffy on “warflush” but, assuming they mean be all red from exertion or whatever, I’m in on that too.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I love the neopets food items:

Slum floss
Left soup
Fancy stink
Boron cheese core
Bloody sandwich
Hollow cone
Meta pizza
Chicken sought
Sparklogg
Flosh cake
Potato day merry sandwich
Bam steak people cake
Spicy tea shaped and chocolate fount scorf long

Want me some meta pizza.

Wasn't there a Harry Potter chapter that was curated autocorrect results or something?

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

This one? Not autocorrect, but written with a predictive text program:
http://botnik.org/content/harry-potter.html
You can tell the fake ones because they're way more coherent. I did like the fake Saw one, though:
https://twitter.com/KeatonPatti/status/969314601669193728

edit: And the person who did the Neopets foods explains how you can tell these "1000 hours" things are fake: https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1007061610005794817

SerialKilldeer has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Sep 16, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

sebmojo posted:

Left soup

None sandwich with left soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Aren't most of those 1000 hours posts meant as jokes? Like after the few original bot written ones it just turned into a joke format imo.

E: from that saw one

https://twitter.com/beardontcare/status/970728801847136257?s=19

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 11:48 on Sep 16, 2018