Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

No Butt Stuff posted:

A 2 liter of coke with a bottle cap full of bleach is how the rednecks I grew up with attempted to get clean pee
Uhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

These things come in threes

Raiders trade Khalil Mack
Browns cut Flash

What's gonna be the third shocking roster movement?

The ritual execution of Baker Mayfield

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Belichick trades Brady

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/jacobs71/status/1041114384695742470?s=21

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The worst loving team in the league cuts one of the best playmakers of the past decade in his prime on his rookie deal. Browns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It really feels like Josh Gordon should be claimed by the Chiefs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LiquidFriend posted:

21 20 teams won't pass on Gordon

Assuming he's not facing another suspension, anyway

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think he's gonna be a cowboy...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MylesLGarrett/status/1041113093047283712

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

I was going to say that's not where they need help really, but Josh Gordon would be an upgrade at corner.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

21 20 teams won't pass on Gordon

Assuming he's not facing another suspension, anyway
Well yeah, I figure that. I just want to see a Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Josh Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce offense with Pat funslinging all over.

Would be the craziest poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wait, wait...

The Browns aren't cutting him until Monday. Look at that official statement, they say they're parting ways on Monday.

A trade is still on the table for the next 36 hours.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

SKULL.GIF posted:

Waiver wire order

So browns pick him up?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what are the chances that Gordon goes to catch passes from Johnny Football in Canada?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what are the chances that Gordon goes to catch passes from Johnny Football in Canada?

There is no way another NFL team doesn't pick him up...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

There is no way another NFL team doesn't pick him up...
I could see 31 teams saying "if the Browns cut him, we dont want him". The NFL as a collective has repeatedly shown itself to be incredibly stupid. Then again so has Josh Gordon.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1041119612149145601

:yeshaha:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I could see 31 teams saying "if the Browns cut him, we dont want him". The NFL as a collective has repeatedly shown itself to be incredibly stupid. Then again so has Josh Gordon.

Everyone knows the Browns' culture is poo poo. I'm sure every other team in the NFL thinks they can handle him better than the Browns have.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Conditional draft picks were made for this sort of thing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lol oh god

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I mean when I first saw the hamstring tweet earlier I thought "Yeah like all those times I missed work for the 'flu" but I wasn't expecting them to cut him

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Well that certainly qualifies as a fuckup probably sufficient to get cut loose after the past half-decade of fuckups.

Lol if his "life coach" is who put him up to this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He'll be given a 10th chance somewhere in the NFL. That's not the issue, the issue is more history not being kind to people who bomb out of the Browns post-re-entering the league, especially ones who bomb out due to substance use

Manziel's already back to riding the bench even in CFL. Once he's out of even there, he's done done in the sport. Two years younger than Gordon

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Haha you're not fooling me this time Adarn

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

And here we thought Dorsey would be a good GM. gently caress this team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well that certainly qualifies as a fuckup probably sufficient to get cut loose after the past half-decade of fuckups.

Lol if his "life coach" is who put him up to this.

I'm sure Gordon has like zero good people around him. That is the first thing whoever signs him needs to address.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Who could even hazard a guess? :iiam:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So he’s almost certainly getting traded and he’s not subject to waivers?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1041118290972762114

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Josh Gordon is finally free

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Get on it, Ballard!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Assuming he relapsed if he were immediately suspended or finally get banned wouldn't that void a trade?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

Get on it, Ballard!

Yeah loving seriously.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cruelest possible outcome is a trade to the Steelers or Ravens so that will happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Assuming he relapsed if he were immediately suspended or finally get banned wouldn't that void a trade?

Pull what's being pulled with Martavis and use him while you can, would be the plan

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's definitely possible being in an actual competent organization would give him a new outlook on life so I assume he's bound for the Bills

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I mean imagine being clinically depressed and being sent from Cleveland to Buffalo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Josh Gordon will make an excellent wideout in the Canadian Football League. Their 110x65 yard field with two 50 yard lines and goalposts in the front of the endzones (that are seemingly 40 yards deep) and 3 downs instead of 4 will definitely not boggle his mind.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Diva Cupcake posted:

E-A-G-L-E-S

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd be fine with trading a 6th that could conditionally be as high as a 3rd if he various metrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
If one of these teams is not the Colts...

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1041126582046412801?s=21

• Locked thread