Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/HIDIVEofficial/status/1040378599088500737

gonna roll for the Big Banana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1040977419115479041/pu/vid/640x360/ekzX-0tZyKbnwDGK.mp4

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don't get it :confused:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Revue Starlight mobile game would just be another way for Bushiroad to get my money besides New Japan world and Bandori

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Pollyanna posted:

I don't get it :confused:

Perspective is witchcraft and shouldn't be trusted. - People getting drunk on a boat

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is this episode of Anime Crimes Division supposed to have German subtitles? Because it's totally adding to the experience.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is Today's Menu for the Emiya Family any good? Been a while since I saw any Fate stuff, and I would expect it to be mostly crap at this point. It's been like, a decade and a half.

Knorth posted:

Perspective is witchcraft and shouldn't be trusted. - People getting drunk on a boat

:wtc: I mean, I guess they are drunk.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's the best Fate show. Extremely charming and characterful and lots of good small jokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_Mbvu6eTE

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Azur Lane PV

https://youtu.be/ZtA8OuSJj4E

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's the best Fate show. Extremely charming and characterful and lots of good small jokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_Mbvu6eTE

Holy poo poo I went ahead and started watching it anyway and I am so happy I did :dance: I need to cook some of these dishes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pollyanna posted:

Holy poo poo I went ahead and started watching it anyway and I am so happy I did :dance: I need to cook some of these dishes.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Emiya Gohan episode 2

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Emiya Gohan episode 2

I worry about that person's anorexia.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

But goddrat, it's been a decade and a half since I first saw my babies. :smith: Time loving flies.

EDIT: I'm gonna have to make that sandwich.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 16, 2018

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
It's weird how the tone of Nasuverse stuff has changed over time. Remember when it was about vampires and insane wizards raping and murdering people while spouting long-winded philosophy?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

It's weird how the tone of Nasuverse stuff has changed over time. Remember when it was about vampires and insane wizards raping and murdering people while spouting long-winded philosophy?

I mean, the Fate/Extra anime was basically that. Well, with the murder. Think Nasu’s been trying to quietly sidle away from the rape.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad it's about cooking now.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm pretty sure the cuteness and comedy always existed in the series

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Silver2195 posted:

fate/stay night had your teacher comically berating you for every time you died gruesomely in ways you should have predicted would happen and fate/hollow ataraxia has shirou using his magic reinforcement powers to fix a soccer ball that saber accidentally destroyed by kicking it too hard and getting worried about medusa stealing his bicycle

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The Colonel posted:

fate/stay night had your teacher comically berating you for every time you died gruesomely in ways you should have predicted would happen and fate/hollow ataraxia has shirou using his magic reinforcement powers to fix a soccer ball that saber accidentally destroyed by kicking it too hard

I didn't mean to suggest that it shifted all at once. Even Fate/Stay Night tones down the edgy self-seriousness from Tsukihime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Kirei and his Mapo Tofu fix.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yo wait, it hasn't been a decade and a half since I first played F/SN. What am I thinking of? :psyduck:

Wark Say posted:

Also, Kirei and his Mapo Tofu fix.

Which reminds me, I'm gonna need some of that too.

EDIT: Okay, about 2005~2006, so we're getting there.

Speaking of, I never watched Fate/Zero. Worth it?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 16, 2018

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Yo wait, it hasn't been a decade and a half since I first played F/SN. What am I thinking of? :psyduck:

Which reminds me, I'm gonna need some of that too.

EDIT: Okay, about 2005~2006, so we're getting there.

Speaking of, I never watched Fate/Zero. Worth it?

Definitely.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's urobuchi's fate so kinda overly grim and sexist but there are a handful of good characters and it has great action so ymmv.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Silver2195 posted:

I remember when it was glorified hentai right at the beginning. Ponos in my Vagoo and Jam it in.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

odd, people usually edit their posts to make them less bad

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
planet with has been criminally underexposed this season, but I just got recommended this video by a prominent anituber and he does a real good job selling it. I hope it gets more people to give it a shot who otherwise wouldn't. Maybe the line "a dog voiced by norio wakamoto" will sell it to people by itself. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtYjXb3E5c&hd=1

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hidive doing real QUALITY subs for Revue Starlight

https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/1041156977219567616

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'll watch planet with at some point after it's done airing but not because mother's basement said to

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's about to finish up so you can do that pretty soon here!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Gurazeni baseball game horn section soundclip has been stuck in my head lately. I'm ready for s2

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i'll watch planet with at some point after it's done airing but not because mother's basement said to

It's a good show, but I feel like some production jank and some crazy fast pacing keep me from liking it as much as the writing makes me want to. I love a lot of what the writing's doing but everything happens so fast, and most of the visuals are so workmanlike, that I find myself not really being able to appreciate anything on an emotional level. Had a similar experience when I watched Magus Bride.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
to that end you also have the option of trying the manga

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Isn't the manga far behind the anime at this point though?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah. but, whatever? it's not a race, and if nox feels that 12 eps is too brisk for the story, well, the manga takes its time, so it seems like you just gave him a selling point there

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

a kitten posted:

Is this episode of Anime Crimes Division supposed to have German subtitles? Because it's totally adding to the experience.

I got Portuguese personally, but yeah, they seem to have not made the subs default to off and there's no off button on their extremely good HTML5 player.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Polsy posted:

I got Portuguese personally, but yeah, they seem to have not made the subs default to off and there's no off button on their extremely good HTML5 player.

I just watch it on youtube, where you can turn the subs off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

planet with has been criminally underexposed this season, but I just got recommended this video by a prominent anituber and he does a real good job selling it. I hope it gets more people to give it a shot who otherwise wouldn't. Maybe the line "a dog voiced by norio wakamoto" will sell it to people by itself. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtYjXb3E5c&hd=1
if you want to get me to watch a show linking a video by mother's 'if you've ever pirated an anime you're a nazi' basement is not the way to do it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also wrt Fate, Nasu's evolution as a writer is pretty understandable in the context of him writing Kara no Kyoukai in high school/college and him writing Tsukihime when he was in his early 20s. He was still basically a kid when he wrote that stuff, it'd be weird if his tone and style didn't evolve dramatically. And I still love Tsukihime and its universe, but the evolution of Nasu into someone who just puts the insane jokes into the main story instead of the side content, and someone who is willing to go all in on weird ideas like F/E CCC is wonderful to me. CCC has some issues, but it's also wildly inventive and incredibly funny, and even has a pretty coherent point to make, I really wish it was translated into English. At least the CCC event in FGO will be in english within the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

if you want to get me to watch a show linking a video by mother's 'if you've ever pirated an anime you're a nazi' basement is not the way to do it

just need a rec from someone with a video about how piracy is good because calarts to balance it out

• Locked thread