Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm getting more enjoyment out of the people angry about Isabelle being in Smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

When do we get to play online coop Contra for the NES? Wanna steal my friends lives when I die and piss him off...

:getin:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cartoon Man posted:

When do we get to play online coop Contra for the NES? Wanna steal my friends lives when I die and piss him off...

:getin:

Online Contra that plays well without lag would alone make the service worth it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thanks whoever posted that 256gb SanDisk deal earlier this week. Mine just came in the mail.

Now my question, how do I transfer stuff from my 128 card onto this one?

I would think put it in, format it on switch, then use my computer to copy the files over from my old one, but I've seen people say this doesn't work.

I mean I guess if I gotta just redownload everything that's an option but I'd rather not have to do that.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I'm getting more enjoyment out of the people angry about Isabelle being in Smash.

why would anyone be ok with isabelle being hurt. not ok!!!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I don't especially care about Isabelle but a lot of people do so :shrug:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Labo Toycon 3 update: we have car! It’s a hit!

I will build the other vehicle controllers soon.

Kid loves it, I dig it, wife thinks it’s charming.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Between Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest XI, I'm starting to question my Torna pre-order. There's probably no way it lives up to those games. I finished XC 2, but I would put it on the bottom of that list and I doubt the Torna DLC does a lot to make it much different than XC 2.

bushisms.txt posted:

Just came back from a d&b and the arcade was miserable. Everything is high tech updated clones of the original Jurassic park, time crisis, updated classic games (like galaga, connect 4 and Pacman br), and full on mobile games. That gave us like 30 dollars worth of spendage and I literally just walked in a circle looking for something interesting.

Yep, most new arcade games are just glorified Buck Hunters. Apparently there's a new'ish Ninja Turtles arcade game they don't want to bring to consoles for whatever reason.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There's that Killer Queen game that was only in indie arcades.

Good thing they decided it was Perfect for the Switch

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There's that Killer Queen game that was only in indie arcades.

Good thing they decided it was Perfect for the Switch

I hate that game so much. I hope nobody buys it and the company goes out of business.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

Between Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest XI, I'm starting to question my Torna pre-order. There's probably no way it lives up to those games. I finished XC 2, but I would put it on the bottom of that list and I doubt the Torna DLC does a lot to make it much different than XC 2.

I'm only a few hours in, but it's got a different battle system and a much more measured overall tone. The pacing is really good so far. I'm enjoying it a lot do far.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

katkillad2 posted:

Yep, most new arcade games are just glorified Buck Hunters. Apparently there's a new'ish Ninja Turtles arcade game they don't want to bring to consoles for whatever reason.

The company that made it pretty much only makes arcade-exclusive games because who wants to play something in a D&B when they can play it at home

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Al Borland Korn posted:

I mean I guess if I gotta just redownload everything that's an option but I'd rather not have to do that.

Lol if you think it's anything but this.

katkillad2 posted:

Played it a couple months ago, it's just a gutted port of the turtles wii tmnt game. Hd assets, but not great to actually play.

Was hoping they had killer queen but no luck. The worst was they had Injustice arcade, but it was the mobile game port, with only 3 buttons.

Made me sick.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Need more of those arcade games that require really specific hardware that you can't replicate at home, like that arm wrestling game or that Sega game with the cheesy holograms

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hate that game so much. I hope nobody buys it and the company goes out of business.

Actually Killer Queen is a good and fun arcade game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Feenix posted:

Labo Toycon 3 update: we have car! It’s a hit!

I will build the other vehicle controllers soon.

Kid loves it, I dig it, wife thinks it’s charming.

I've been working on it off and on all day. My five year old did about half the work on the pedal, and loved the slot car game, he did the key almost completely by himself, but by about step 2 of car he checked out and started taking all the miscellaneous cardboard bits you pop out and building "Luigi's Mansion" levels out of them.

I'm through step 5, I think he'll finish step 6 and 7 with me in the morning.

I know he's gonna really love the car because of all these gadgets. House was by far his favorite in Toycon 1 because of all the different gadget combinations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should make the pedal compatible with the piano.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Actually Killer Queen is a good and fun arcade game.

It doesn't matter how good or fun it is.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

It doesn't matter how good or fun it is.

Sorry about your weird hangups, maybe you should consider not being mad at video games

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Al Borland Korn posted:

Your saves are still on your machine. They're only gone if your switch is broken or stolen in the week you didn't pay.

WAAAY old, but I tried that "switch your primary account" thing Nintendo posted ages ago and literally lost ALL saves. Are they hidden somewhere?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Killer Queen is a really good song and a very powerful Stand

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sorry about your weird hangups, maybe you should consider not being mad at video games

They shouldn't steal the name of a classic song just to trick people into being interested in their Joust remake.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Guy Goodbody posted:

They shouldn't steal the name of a classic song just to trick people into being interested in their Joust remake.

Tactics Ogre can go gently caress itself too while we’re at it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
And Pac-Man is a ripoff of that Pac-Man Fever song, loving disgusting.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

And Pac-Man is a ripoff of that Pac-Man Fever song, loving disgusting.

Are you implying that the Killer Queen arcade game predates the 1974 Queen song of the same name?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah it sucks how Killer Queen tarnished the name of Killer Queen, a song with absolutely no relation to video games at all, by being an extremely good video game that is fun to play

You know, there were all those great video game adaptations of Queen songs back in the 70s, right

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are you implying that the Killer Queen arcade game predates the 1974 Queen song of the same name?

Are you implying that Pac Man Fever predates Pac Man?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

You shouldn't steal the name of a prop manager at National Theater just to trick people into reading your hot take posts.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Hiroshark/status/1040586920278077440

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Are you implying that Pac Man Fever predates Pac Man?

No? I was pointing out that that dudes comment makes no sense because Pac Man Fever came out after Pac Man? Which should be obvious if you look at the lyrics.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Linked in that thread:

https://twitter.com/AronDraws/status/953728607100157953

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

No? I was pointing out that that dudes comment makes no sense because Pac Man Fever came out after Pac Man? Which should be obvious if you look at the lyrics.

No, I'm pretty sure that you think that Pac Man Fever, or PMF, came out before Pac Man

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That needs to happen.

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

MarcusSA posted:

That needs to happen.

You need eyebrows over the screenshot and home buttons and to recolor the sticks, or it just looks like Isabelle is going through some The Fly level body horror.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope the real eventual AC Switch looks better than that horror.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
How's the d Darkest Dungeon port? Any reason to avoid if I know I like the game?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Chin Strap posted:

How's the d Darkest Dungeon port? Any reason to avoid if I know I like the game?

It’s good, plays well and looks more or less the same.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I want that gingham dock right this second.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want the green Switch becuase it reminds me of the Peace Walker special edition PSP.

Definitely one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fly Ricky posted:

WAAAY old, but I tried that "switch your primary account" thing Nintendo posted ages ago and literally lost ALL saves. Are they hidden somewhere?

I have no idea, do you mean like you did a system transfer or something?

• Locked thread