Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Renaissance Robot posted:

It's shawarma, but from Turkey.

e/ more descriptively, it's sliced rotisserie meat. Usually inside bread, but honestly everything after the rotisserie is optional. Same is true of Greek Gyros.

Also donner is made from minced meats while gyros and shawerma are meat cuts staked on a spit.

Now I imagine that tacquira goku pic but with Solomon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Donner kebab is basically reconstituted mutton flaps and the food of choice for the indomitably drunk across the UK.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Yeah and it's hella good

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

A big flaming stink posted:

uh do we actually know that Zoss was a decent ruling king? he honestly seems like he would be really lovely at actually creating a good environment for the people under his rule. in fact he seems like he would give zero shits about anybody's happiness

turns out there's none good.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh doner kebab is the meatloaf stuff

yeah no that stuffs garbage give me real meat k thanks

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KUbflnMEs

That Wonder Showzen song didn't age very well.

First we find out it was CITIZENS that built the Pyramids. Now we add the Coliseum to the list?

loving slaves sold out Yabalchoath too. What else did slaves not do? :colbert:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Dave's gonna push that block up with a single hand because he truly loves his children and doesn't want to see them toil and suffer just for him. They'll be all "wow paternum that's so cool I wish we could do that". Of course they can't because they're not immortal god-kings but that won't stop them from trying, even to their own detriment.

Basically Dave's problem is that he rules an entire empire of people with daddy paternum issues.

Don't forget that Solomon David could just will his pointless annual fighting coliseum into existence or whatever, so there's literally no reason for any of his devoted cultists to sacrifice themselves for it.

He has told himself that his people must be self-sufficient so he has built a society run almost entirely by his people instead of himself, but the society is twisted to fulfill his whims rather than benefit its people, and he doesn't even notice.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Tollymain posted:

yeah no that stuffs garbage give me real meat k thanks

you dont "get" food do you

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I'll admit I will laugh, if Solomon David lifts this block into place in like 10 seconds then let's his citizens immediately get back to thier toil.

Nice 10 second rest and a chance to be shown up by your godking.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ya know, they might be happy because they know about the other 6/7ths of creation and they know they have it better.

Also the idea that his place is hosed up because he did his best job in making it nice and lawful and they immediately twisted their entire society around his example in the worst possible way.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 15, 2018

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I stand by the position that Solomon David is probably the best demiurge to be ruled by, but it would be much better not to be ruled by a demiurge at all.
All of the prosperity and justice he claims to provide to 111,111 worlds could be shared without the fundamental bottom line of 'I RULE YOU AS YOUR GOD.'

There's a nonzero possibility that Solomon David's empire is on balance better to live in than Earth right now, but that doesn't make it even a little utopian it just means Earth's got some serious issues, and being conquered by SolDave would be replacing them with other issues that seem infinitely harder to change.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Joe Slowboat posted:

I stand by the position that Solomon David is probably the best demiurge to be ruled by, but it would be much better not to be ruled by a demiurge at all.
All of the prosperity and justice he claims to provide to 111,111 worlds could be shared without the fundamental bottom line of 'I RULE YOU AS YOUR GOD.'

There's a nonzero possibility that Solomon David's empire is on balance better to live in than Earth right now, but that doesn't make it even a little utopian it just means Earth's got some serious issues, and being conquered by SolDave would be replacing them with other issues that seem infinitely harder to change.

you see those shores? I do not believe that Solomon would even dream of letting anyone a single micropellet of plastic anywhere near those things. probably some real choice coral reefs beneath those waves too. and there's no way Solomon would permit something as deadly as a hole in the ozone in a world with 2 suns. so that's 3 things this world probably has on ours

then again, this is the core of his empire. this is probably the jewel world of his entire domain. the rest of the planets might be entire worlds of strictly controlled smoke-chogged hives of humanity. a little like more extreme and sprawling versions of Beijing.

most likely though they are all glorious glittering places filled with bloodied-handed slaves kept out of the sight of the big man.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I wonder if he heard the leader say that they were ahead of schedule, and saw the workers with bleeding hands. He told them to stop because he figured out the exact rate that this building should be built at to be done as fast as possible without injuring people (and possibly causing some other delays by their injuries). Then he punishes the leader for letting them go too fast and getting injured, which may be slowing down the optimal build time.

I base this entirely on that story about how he dealt with the two mothers and how absolute he was with his laws.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Where is that mothers story?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

its...beautiful

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Benagain posted:

Where is that mothers story?

Are you familiar with a book called the bible?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Bilirubin posted:

Are you familiar with a book called the bible?
Probably means the K6BD take on that story which ended with every side being miserable.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bell_ posted:

Probably means the K6BD take on that story which ended with every side being miserable.

He cut the kid in two, but then turned them both into living kids!

Then he kept the kids and sent the two women home to reconsider their lives' decisions

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

He cut the kid in two, but then turned them both into living kids!

Then he kept the kids and sent the two women home to reconsider their lives' decisions

He raises them as his own sons, and he is very disappointed in them.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Abbadon posted it on the tumblr.

quote:

Very true. I believe the well-known story was that Solomon offered to split the babe in two for fairness’ sake, and when the real mother began to cry, Solomon knew who was telling the truth.

In fact, I was recounted the true story of this incident by a traveling peddler. Solomon was very kind to both women and listened to their concerns, leaving them with the promise of the assignment of a high imperial clerk to their case. The clerk quickly determined in no time at all through the well-organized imperial intelligence service that one of the prostitutes had a liason with a minor but decorated officer of the third legion some time ago. Questioning the officer uncovered very quickly the true identity of the baby’s mother, who were notified and brought to one of the world courts at haste. It had scarcely been a day.

Since lying in the court is a serious offense, the false mother was sentenced and executed later that day. Since copulating with an acting officer is a serious offense, the true mother was sentenced to six months of hard labor, her child was taken as a ward of the state, and her lover, the officer in question, was discharged from the imperial military, had his citizenship revoked, and died of complications from syphilis a year later, or so I hear.

The true mother is doing better, I’ve heard she is a clerk now, and her education was paid for by the crown.

She will still never get her child back.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Joe Slowboat posted:

There's probably a few worlds under Gog Agog's (disinterested lack of) control that are better places to live.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hell, you could live your whole life living under Mother Om's rule and never know it

I mean till a floating city is there draining your planet of everything because you happened to have a very tasty form of grapes

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

pseudorandom name posted:

There's probably a few worlds under Gog Agog's (disinterested lack of) control that are better places to live.

Pryam Sor's world seems like it was probably ok at one point

Imagine getting Gog-Agog'd like his world was Mottom'd

Invaded by a sorcerous mediaplex that cares nothing for you, only for celebrity. Strip-mining your cosmos for interesting personalities to run through Gog's game shows and night time talk circuit, while extrauniversal invaders run rampant through the streets with demonic TV crews

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 16, 2018

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tollymain posted:

Actually no, it's not

it is, however, made from a cheap cut of lamb that's around 40% fat by volume

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tbh the cut itself, mutton flaps, are kind of lovely, but the doner kebap vertical spit kind of makes the whole thing into meat cracklins as (I think??) the fat boils out into grease, it's delicious and will also make you feel like poo poo, esp. if you're also drunk as hell and don't know what you're doing

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Joe Slowboat posted:

Imagine getting Gog-Agog'd like his world was Mottom'd

Invaded by a sorcerous mediaplex that cares nothing for you, only for celebrity. Strip-mining your cosmos for interesting personalities to run through Gog's game shows and night time talk circuit, while extrauniversal invaders run rampant through the streets with demonic TV crews
God, the JUST A PRANK BRO equivalent must be awful.

Well, you've just ruined the "peace in emptiness" feeling I had going, thanks.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh as long as its a real cut of meat im down

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

World Famous W posted:

Hell, you could live your whole life living under Mother Om's rule and never know it

This is everyone in Allison's world, at least for now (it having been suggested just before the start of the devil drinking contest that her world was going to be opened up for conquest soon; I assume Mottom going on the warpath has put this on hold though)

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

All rise for the anthem of the Celestial Empire!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwv_2OKxZr8

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Gotta say, I'm super down for all the stud stuff going on here

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A real gut punch would be a revisit to Al-Yis-Un's Earth and to discover Jagganoth (or similar) has laid waste to it in apocalyptic style.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
itll actually be part of the climax: will allison manage to spare her world the consequences of her coronation?

im biased tho and id like her friends to survive. hm. alternative idea, jagganoth has some time to lay some waste and wisely chooses to subdue the most powerful polity first, the same one as in our world: china :D

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 16, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Jag can EASILY pull a seven mins war scenario on any average earth, he's extremely out of context

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

itll actually be part of the climax: will allison manage to spare her world the consequences of her coronation?

It's gonna be like that bit at the end of Flash Gordon where the timer on the moon crashing into the Earth counts down to zero but then some robot shows up all "cool bro you saved the day!!!" and they have a huge party and never actually go back to see if Earth is still there (because it totally got hit by the moon but nobody feels like being a downer by confirming it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_p9Up9DFg

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jagganoth's armies are an insane combination of mystic warriors and ultra high tech weaponry, because he puts a huge amount of effort into creating the perfect army that will scour the multiverse clean. Right now all of creation is doomed, because without Mammom and Mottom the others don't have enough power to stop him.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

wiegieman posted:

Jagganoth's armies are an insane combination of mystic warriors and ultra high tech weaponry, because he puts a huge amount of effort into creating the perfect army that will scour the multiverse clean. Right now all of creation is doomed, because without Mammom and Mottom the others don't have enough power to stop him.

He hasn't reckoned for an angry barista with a sword, though.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if magic's real how come Allison never seen it on her homeworld??

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

I mean, he probably has. Angry barista very pointedly not using a sword is a very different question, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

At some point she'll probably forget where she put the sword and achieve true Royalty.