Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Chin Strap posted:

How's the d Darkest Dungeon port? Any reason to avoid if I know I like the game?

The controls are not great but eventually you get used to it. And still no dlc :objection:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hate that game so much. I hope nobody buys it and the company goes out of business.

???

Guy Goodbody posted:

It doesn't matter how good or fun it is.

??????????

Guy Goodbody posted:

They shouldn't steal the name of a classic song just to trick people into being interested in their Joust remake.

??????????????????????????????????????????

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what a mad man

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chin Strap posted:

How's the d Darkest Dungeon port? Any reason to avoid if I know I like the game?

Started playing again today. You need a guide to navigate the menus though.

I had to look up how to look at trinket powers. Then had to look up how equip trinkets.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Chin Strap posted:

The developers sat down and made the control scheme as difficult and un-intuitive as possible. There is no other explanation. It is quite literally the worst control scheme I have ever seen, so much so that it made the game unplayable for me on Switch.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'm imagining Isabelle in a RoboCop remake getting hit by a barrel of toxic sludge

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

The developers sat down and made the control scheme as difficult and un-intuitive as possible. There is no other explanation. It is quite literally the worst control scheme I have ever seen, so much so that it made the game unplayable for me on Switch.

I think it's still playable. Just takes a while to get your brain to figure out the controls.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Toxie for Smash.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

I think it's still playable. Just takes a while to get your brain to figure out the controls.

Yeah, but after like 40 hours I still have to use the touch screen for a couple things. Love the game though although I don’t have it on any other system so can’t compare.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Guy Goodbody posted:

They shouldn't steal the name of a classic song just to trick people into being interested in their Joust remake.

How do you feel about Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen?

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
A couple people earlier mentioned that apparently there are some hints that SNES games might come to Online Service. If so, could someone elaborate where exactly that came from?
I'm one of the people who still cares for NES games, so I'm pretty ok with getting them, but the problem is that all the games I wanted to play I've already played, and it's just kinda cool to have Mario 3 and some other classics on one device. Like, even if there exists such a thing as a Balloon Fight superfan, they probably own that game on 5 systems, since Nintendo released most of those same NES games on every VC anyway. I'll beat Zelda 1 again on Switch, sure, but if they would release old games more often, or if they had some combo of NES, SNES, GB, GBA games releasing every time, it would've been way better.
Also, regarding special deals, I just remembered that there was a time when they sold some VC games on Wii U for 30 cents (F-Zero, Super Metroid and Kirby's Adventure being some of them) so mayyyybe we'll see something pretty generous, and it won't just be 10-20% off of games that everyone owns already. Of course Nintendo are idiots quite often, so the latter is still way more likely.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im waitinga for smash

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Vookatos posted:

A couple people earlier mentioned that apparently there are some hints that SNES games might come to Online Service. If so, could someone elaborate where exactly that came from?

I think that comes from how people were able to go digging around in the next OS update somehow and found icons for different controllers. There were the original ones for joycons and the pro controller plus some added ones for NES and famicom controllers which were later revealed to be used for the online service. There was also an icon that looked similar to an SNES controller, hence the idea of SNES games on the online service.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Reality Pisser posted:

I never played on pc but it feels like a really rough port. Bad textures, frame drops, text sometimes overlapping. At least the text is nice and big and readable on a tv screen.

That's a shame. Maybe if it goes on sale I'll pick it up.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sam Faust posted:

I think that comes from how people were able to go digging around in the next OS update somehow and found icons for different controllers. There were the original ones for joycons and the pro controller plus some added ones for NES and famicom controllers which were later revealed to be used for the online service. There was also an icon that looked similar to an SNES controller, hence the idea of SNES games on the online service.
Yeah mainly this

Also literally the fact that Nintendo said "SNES and NES games" very early on but they changed it so many times:

"Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month."

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Is Guy Goodbody a genuine account or just long-form performance art

My opinion on this changes frequently

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Is Guy Goodbody a genuine account or just long-form performance art

My opinion on this changes frequently

They’re a Killer Queen.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Just like the video game of the same name, which is where the phrase comes from.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zarlog posted:

How do you feel about Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen?

Never heard of it. But if they stole the name from a famous and beloved rock song called Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, that's terrible

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Never heard of it. But if they stole the name from a famous and beloved rock song called Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, that's terrible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p-5CgWP7Iw

(Several of the games in the series have subtitles referencing Queen albums, too)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ah shoot, the jig is up. Guy Goodbody is a gimmick account, the password is shared by a couple goons. Most of his non-anime game posts are based off comments from Ismy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kins posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p-5CgWP7Iw

(Several of the games in the series have subtitles referencing Queen albums, too)

They at least used a subtitle to differentiate the two.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate Queen because they besmerched the honor of Dark Horse Comics hero Wally West by using his nom de Plume, Flash Thompson, in a completely unrelated song.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol at getting trolled by Guy again

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I hate Queen because they sound like hot sick smells

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is there a way to reset adventure mode progress in Labo Vehicle without starting the trip over with a new account?

The mode feels like a nice foundation for a car-based Zelda, especially when you do a wheelies with a circular saw and a bomb tossing hand deployed.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

how's wasteland 2 on switch? i hear the port has some problems. is it still playable? i'd love a game like that on switch right now

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Chin Strap posted:

It's been said but yeah, the controls are not easily figured out. Thankfully it's a turn based game so you're not actually in risk of loving up while trying to figure them out.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Once they click it’s fine really. The chording is what people have trouble with I think. Devs did a pretty good job considering they didn’t rework the ui at all for the port.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Lack of Darkest Dungeon DLC means it's a pass for me. Is there any plans for it to come?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

lol at getting trolled by Guy again

I love whoever keeps buying them avs though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
goddamn somebody's defensive about their beloved Joust remake.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ppl just like to push your buttons because you're kind of annoying

e: that game does look pretty dope though

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 16, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

goddamn somebody's defensive about their beloved Joust remake.

Sorry but I am loving sick of all the poo poo people keep talking here about Balloon Fight.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
joust was a good game, i had an arcade (or maybe atari?) game compilation for the gamecube and me and my dad played joust all the time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just wait til you lot hear of Guilty Gear.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Sorry but I am loving sick of all the poo poo people keep talking here about Balloon Fight.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

Lack of Darkest Dungeon DLC means it's a pass for me. Is there any plans for it to come?

It has Crimson Court DLC. There are plans to bring Color of Madness to Switch in my quick research just now.

• Locked thread