Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Teagan posted:

Hello beautiful people, and animals! I am off for a surprise mri this morning! And no, I cannot catch a break. I seem to know quite a few people who have had the surgery and who feel MUCH better now that they have. I didn't know I had this problem. When I would have attacks of pain, my GP always told me that it was just from a stomach virus, even though I said the pain wasn't anywhere near my stomach. Apparently I have had gallbladder disease for about two years without being aware. Yet another case of old male doctors not believing young female patients about their pain. Hooray! My surgeon is a woman, btw :)

This sounds like the exact thing that happened to a friend of mine. She had a lot of stomach pain doctors were writing off until a nurse insisted on some sort of scan and it turned out she had to have her gallbladder removed. Hooray for lovely male doctors.

Please enjoy this cat in your trying times She is a stray that was hanging around said friend's apartment and I took her in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Teagan posted:

Hello beautiful people, and animals! I am off for a surprise mri this morning! And no, I cannot catch a break. I seem to know quite a few people who have had the surgery and who feel MUCH better now that they have. I didn't know I had this problem. When I would have attacks of pain, my GP always told me that it was just from a stomach virus, even though I said the pain wasn't anywhere near my stomach. Apparently I have had gallbladder disease for about two years without being aware. Yet another case of old male doctors not believing young female patients about their pain. Hooray! My surgeon is a woman, btw :)

Something similar happened to my mom in 2010. She could never lose weight for years and was increasingly sick as the summer progressed, but scans never showed anything and she was just assumed to be fat and lazy. After she collapsed in extreme pain in September, she was put through another scan and it turned out she had gallstones in her bile duct that caused pancreatitis. The "weight" was fluid buildup.

I'm sure you'll come out okay! She had to wait so long that she nearly died because of it. If you're not going into the hospital because you're screaming on the floor from your insides burning and spending weeks in ICU, you're 10 times better than she was.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

It's been sweatshirt weather here in Michigan lately. My favorite.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Virtual huggles for Teagan today

And anyone else who needs one

:glomp:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Teagan posted:

I had mine yanked out a couple years back, and feel 110% percent better after. Had to change my diet just a bit, but nothing major, and not being in fear of waking up at 2am writhing in pain is very worth it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I met a woman who had 'phantom pains' for years. Turns out her doctor had left a sponge or a clamp or something in her (what checklist?)

Fortunately the statute of limitations ran out before she found out she had been sterilized so his insurance didn't go up :toot:

:smithicide:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I hate it. I've had a lot of issues dismissed. We're not delicate little flowers crying over a broken nail. WE'RE TOUGH CUTE.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Picnic Princess posted:

I hate it. I've had a lot of issues dismissed. We're not delicate little flowers crying over a broken nail. WE'RE TOUGH CUTE.

So VERY tough cute!!!

Thanks everyone :)

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

My mug.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Is a good mug!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Well the landlord is going nuts and the farm is imploding, so here's a picture of some dogs being ultra-nice to each other during a rare meeting the other night.

Well gently caress.

E actually if you want to post your cute critters that would be much appreciated. I'm down as all hell.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 23:59 on Sep 15, 2018

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I know you all missed these

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Scathach posted:

E actually if you want to post your cute critters that would be much appreciated. I'm down as all hell.

I picked up Halloween costumes from Target yesterday!

Ginny Pig as a blurry moo moo cow

Creamy (Creampuff) as a lion, which was obviously too big for her

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Blackchamber posted:

I picked up Halloween costumes from Target yesterday!

Ginny Pig as a blurry moo moo cow

Creamy (Creampuff) as a lion, which was obviously too big for her

These cats are going to murder you in your sleep. :ohdear:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

But it'll be an adorable murder

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

They were paid off in treats. Really you could get away with a lot if you have the treat bag out, no humiliation too great. I tried to teach Ginny a trick and then gave up halfway through the training but she still does what she did learn unasked if she thinks I'm being slow.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Scathach posted:

This is Riley. He isn't dead, I promise.

(Also we need to vacuum.)

Here's a much better picture of him taking up a whole entire chair. (He is not a small cat.)

And a slightly older picture of him attempting to become one with my beard.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

What a good monster cat! He looks really stern about that chair.

Thanks for the critters, yall.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Scathach posted:

What a good monster cat! He looks really stern about that chair.

Thanks for the critters, yall.

He is seriously the chillest cat I have ever met, much less owned, which is good because he's roughly the size of a small building and most of that is muscle.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Munchables posted:

I know you all missed these

Maaaaaafuckka, you work at Cafe Yum? We absolutely crossed paths at some point.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Inzombiac posted:

Maaaaaafuckka, you work at Cafe Yum? We absolutely crossed paths at some point.

Definitely possible, but I only started a few months ago

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?

Please accept this selfie with this gorgeous little lady I met tonight, Baroness. Mind the hat.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Deathslushie posted:

Please accept this selfie with this gorgeous little lady I met tonight, Baroness. Mind the hat.

Blessed. :sun:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Munchables posted:

Definitely possible, but I only started a few months ago

Well we never will again since I work somewhere else now.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Send help. Being squashed.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

:ohdear:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Picnic Princess posted:

By the Nine Divines! ASSAULT!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guess who looked at a bunch of art installments and drank a lot of overpriced alcohol and saw both Cake and Imagine Dragons perform and had the absolute best time last night!

These guys!!!!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Guess who looked at a bunch of art installments and drank a lot of overpriced alcohol and saw both Cake and Imagine Dragons perform and had the absolute best time last night!

These guys!!!!

I love you, and envy your life.

Also throwback for Scathach:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

hahahahaha.

Pasta Queen used to be SA famous, does anyone remember? ( don't try to remember too hard )

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Kitty!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

She stared at EVERYTHING and was also very frequently mad a the world, like most cats.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Black cats are the best and the fact they are harder to adopt out because 'they are more difficult to take photos of' is a bullshit thing in a bullshit world.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I love that you can't get good photos of them. It's adorable.

Selfie time I guess.

E I hate to tell Lincod that he missed the summer but...yeah. (Also sorry I can't find cover for that concert.)

Scathach has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Sep 16, 2018

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Black cats are the best and the fact they are harder to adopt out because 'they are more difficult to take photos of' is a bullshit thing in a bullshit world.

Especially depressing once I interned at a clinic and realized way too many people buy cats because they just want something like all those cute pictures and videos they see online. They seem to think cats are a low maintenance buy and forget animal and you can get by with just filling up its water and food and scooping its poo poo out of the litterbox occasionally. They don't realize cats need proper socialization, play, and maintenance care like any other animal.

Partly propagated by the whole "Lol cats are just psychopaths who tolerate us and know they don't need us how cute." BS which is us just projecting our own body language onto them and not picking up or bothering to learn their own more subtle one. It's so much easier to pick up a cat and just do the bare minimum than it is with dogs so people neglect the gently caress out of them and they come in all screwed up and aggressive because they barely interact or play with humans other than their owner.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

I feel like I have the best photos of her because all you could ever see were her amazing pear-green eyes :)

Selfie:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mrrow!

quote:

Mrrow!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Teagan posted:

I love you, and envy your life.

I love you too and Pasta Queen is perfection :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

but they have given not a single gently caress and are way more displeased by my increased hours away at work than anything else :lol:

My ex, custodian of the African Grey that will probably outlive us both, whanged his knee on his desk the other day. The fuckin' bird laughed, then when his owner was still in pain, said "What's wrong?"

"I banged my knee."

Bird: "Oh." [laughs some more]

There's a reason those assholes' ancestors ruled the world for a hundred million years+.