Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Scruffpuff posted:

This is a good post. I always noticed this but I think it was subconscious - wasn't until I read this that the dichotomy of their answers fully realized in my brain. They really do get pissy when the question is about something concrete like "making the game we paid for" and it gets dreamy and excited when the question is "fluff theorycrafting bullshit."

Q: Can you start to pay off the technical debt?

A: You know it really annoys me when...

Q: Can you increase the technical debt?

A: Absolutely.

code:
C
 C A T
 C   T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Hobold posted:

CIG never told Illfonic that they shrunk everything way down to make the maps larger, so the scale of everything was way off. An Illfonic marine, might be a 50ft giant to a CIG one.

You can't just adjust the properties and scale everything down like you would a jpeg, because it fucks with everything else. Its like trying to take a thumbnail, and resize it to a full screen jpeg. It breaks everything.

That micro scale that CIG is running, is also partly responsible for why everything is broken.

But you can. Correcting the scale of actual assets is trivial and automatable. It is not going to be >$500k of work to correct the scale of the game-play systems. It might be tedious and error prone, but it is certainly something you can do. To me, it is always just a weak hand waving excuse to the fact that integrating any third party complete game into another complete game was going to be impossible.

I don't know.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 16, 2018

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WelcomeLastingAzurewingedmagpie-mobile.mp4

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sillybones posted:

OCS = Old Commando School... Commander?

I can't remember. gently caress this non-joke.

drat, that reminds me. We haven’t heard from old school commando in a while. Hope he’s ok.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The Titanic posted:

He was upstaged by Double Damage, and when their poo poo tier game looks like it kicks Star Citizen's rear end, and they go after him directly in their marketing, and they also show over an hour of somebody actually playing the game; and people loving love it, he's going to up the score.

Expect this year to be wildly different where Star Citizen redefines itself as a market leader, taking these other games by the horns and kicking their asses.

I completely agree with this. I wrote the same on discord just last night:

quote:

I think right now Chris is mad at everyone and everything and is operating under “I’ll show YOU!” logic. I think he’s in a different state of mind than in prior years.

Everybody has written him off, Cyberpunk and all that other stuff are getting all the free hype and buzz that once was his. Indie games are taking the piss and resurrecting the feel of his prior games to rapturous praise. I think it infuriates him that he’s had to apologize (self-absolve) and spend so much time defending himself this year from all corners.

He is pissed he’s been written off, pissed that E3 subjected his fanmade trailer to “scam citizen” mockery. Pissed that the world moved on without him and I think he’s sharply focused on punching back at CitizenCon.

All you bastards are going to pay for doubting him! And you believers who didn’t pay for his paywalled livestream are going to pay, too, for not believing enough! If CitCon 2018 had a theme, it’s The Imperium Strikes Back.

colonelwest posted:

What (besides land/space condo sales) are they even going to have to show for themselves at Citcon? The reality of the broken mess they have after 7 years and 200 million dollars is so noxious that even the most crazy sizzle reel can't really generate hype except among the most hopeless whales.

Brace yourself for the blinding Hollywood star power of Squadron 42 — this time, with gameplay for a change. And maybe even a year late roadmap with a brand new, totally serious this time release date!

(Maybe?)

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Titanic posted:

This is your reminder to keep your video capture software handy and ready. Citizen Con will be featuring Chris Roberts playing with some of the backers who show up.

The concept is a small warm up with some FPS action and a race, followed by a longer mission that uses the new mission giver and new assets. The ending of the mission is supposed to have the players, all working together, jump their vehicle off a cliff and into the waiting and open hatch of a ship one of the other players is piloting.

CR believes this will be the magic gameplay button that will be the perfect example of what Star Citizen is supposed to be about. High production, visionary missions full of excitement, and a world where you are the action hero.

CR is demanding this year be a turning point for wavering backers, where the usual "let's look at this PowerPoint ah heh heh funding ah heh um commercial for a ship ah heh. Um.. buy this thing!" Will be replaced with actual content.

He was upstaged by Double Damage, and when their poo poo tier game looks like it kicks Star Citizen's rear end, and they go after him directly in their marketing, and they also show over an hour of somebody actually playing the game; and people loving love it, he's going to up the score.

Expect this year to be wildly different where Star Citizen redefines itself as a market leader, taking these other games by the horns and kicking their asses.

They are going to have people play the game... live....?

Oh my, i hope so. Its too good to be true!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Agony Aunt posted:

WITH CHRIS HIMSELF PLAYING!

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Sillybones posted:

But you can. Correcting the scale of actual assets is trivial and automatable. It is not going to be >$500k of work to correct the scale of the game-play systems. It might be tedious and error prone, but it is certainly something you can do. To me, it is always just a weak hand waving excuse to the fact that integrating any third party complete game into another complete game was going to be impossible.

I don't know.

stuff the player can't move and doesn't move, sure, but once it's interactive like a ship or door, all of it goes out the window as those items have weight properties and scaling those things is a bitch

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Sandweed posted:

I want Battletech and Banner Saga.

Crowdfunding video games is bad, please don't do it.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Hobold posted:

CIG never told Illfonic that they shrunk everything way down to make the maps larger,
Oh. Oh god. Oh sweet lord, no wonder. It makes so much sense now. No wonder everything's hosed up, tiny placement errors which are nigh unnoticeable at sane ranges explains so drat much. And what must've happened to that poor physics engine? Egad.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

stingtwo posted:

stuff the player can't move and doesn't move, sure, but once it's interactive like a ship or door, all of it goes out the window as those items have weight properties and scaling those things is a bitch

This is what I meant, but had forgotten. Can't just grab a value an rescale everything without breaking poo poo. I'm not a programmer or dev, but its been said here many times.

Complications posted:

Oh. Oh god. Oh sweet lord, no wonder. It makes so much sense now. No wonder everything's hosed up, tiny placement errors which are nigh unnoticeable at sane ranges explains so drat much. And what must've happened to that poor physics engine? Egad.

Yup. A lot of that was really highlighted with the whole clipping through solid walls thing. Everything is so small, and moves soo quickly at that scale, the engine can't keep precise enough track where things are, and will end up with players being inside objects due to speed/rounding errors, and you get ejected. Thus wall phasing, everything vibrating, and likely why the NPC pathing is all kinds of hosed up. Likely behind the whole bug of people being able to shove NPCs around before they were made static objects.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Chris will not play his game, the current live pu/ptu, at citconned. If anything, he will play a standalone, client based enclosed level, perhaps with lan connectivity only.

However, I would pay good money to watch a stream of Chris legit logging into the current ptu that any backer can play and playing an hours long session with whatever rando backers happen to be online, perhaps while also on a public discord voice channel. Promote the hell out of that poo poo, Playtime For the Chairman. Backers log in to help crew Chris' idris. That'd make a better weekly show than the drivel they pump out now.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

G0RF posted:

I completely agree with this. I wrote the same on discord just last night:

All you bastards are going to pay for doubting him! And you believers who didn’t pay for his paywalled livestream are going to pay, too, for not believing enough! If CitCon 2018 had a theme, it’s The Imperium Strikes Back.

Brace yourself for the blinding Hollywood star power of Squadron 42 — this time, with gameplay for a change. And maybe even a year late roadmap with a brand new, totally serious this time release date!

(Maybe?)

Slightly pessimistic opinion here, but ive got a feeling it will be a cobbled-together-at-the-last minute shitshow. There will be less than an hour of anything interesting and new in total, and at any moment the wheels might literally come off THAT.

There will be a new partnership with some kind of space dildo company which will be discussed for over 2 hours, and FOIP will take up another 2 hours.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Oh Chris is definitely playing his magnum opus at Citcon, I heard using a full HOTASS setup and not some console pleb junk like an Xbox controller.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Krycek posted:

However, I would pay good money to watch a stream of Chris legit logging into the current ptu that any backer can play and playing an hours long session with whatever rando backers happen to be online, perhaps while also on a public discord voice channel. Promote the hell out of that poo poo, Playtime For the Chairman. Backers log in to help crew Chris' idris. That'd make a better weekly show than the drivel they pump out now.

Seriously this is a good idea and I don't know why even the broken Citizens on reddit would oppose this*.
Don't loving set up a studio and try to direct Sandi and some random person or show Crobblers thumb face weekly.

Just have them play the state of "the game" instead on a live stream with the community and then maybe edit it for the ATV stupid episodes while possibly adding cutaway segments for new features.

* Well the ones that hang on to the hope that Chris is a genious and there is a secret very advanced build might not like this showing how much of a clumsy player and actual idiot Chris is, while live streaming the mess of their tech demo. Also Crobbear's babbling in such dosages might, just might, prove very annoying.

All of Sandi's alts won't like that idea either.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Hobold posted:

This is what I meant, but had forgotten. Can't just grab a value an rescale everything without breaking poo poo. I'm not a programmer or dev, but its been said here many times.

Yup. A lot of that was really highlighted with the whole clipping through solid walls thing. Everything is so small, and moves soo quickly at that scale, the engine can't keep precise enough track where things are, and will end up with players being inside objects due to speed/rounding errors, and you get ejected. Thus wall phasing, everything vibrating, and likely why the NPC pathing is all kinds of hosed up. Likely behind the whole bug of people being able to shove NPCs around before they were made static objects.

But again, you can. Maths works the same at any scale. As long as you scale everything the same, the result is the same. The difficulty comes in making sure you scale everything without missing anything and don't scale things that should stay fixed. It would be an awful job, but again, it is doable. Much more doable than writing it all over again.

And the clipping point highlights this. The maths works the same regardless of the scale. For the maths for games, the only thing that matters is the relative scale of things. If you make the scale value 1 = 1 metre or you make 1 = 1 kilometre, your physics still has the same level of error due to that nature of floating point representations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Sillybones posted:

But again, you can. Maths works the same at any scale. As long as you scale everything the same, the result is the same. The difficulty comes in making sure you scale everything without missing anything and don't scale things that should stay fixed. It would be an awful job, but again, it is doable. Much more doable than writing it all over again.

And the clipping point highlights this. The maths works the same regardless of the scale. For the maths for games, the only thing that matters is the relative scale of things. If you make the scale value 1 = 1 metre or you make 1 = 1 kilometre, your physics still has the same level of error due to that nature of floating point representations.

:shrug:

If you say so. Few people here have said the opposite. I'm staying out of it because I don't have the experience. Was just trying to fill in the blanks for someone.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Sillybones posted:

Floating-point precision is not the same at any scale. 3rd party physics engines are not equally stable at all scales. They're not making the scale 1= 1 metre or 1 = 1 kilometre - they're using actually smaller numbers. Numerical inaccuracy is not the same when working with numbers divided by orders of magnitude.

If you doubt me, download Unity, CryEngine or UE yourself and set up the same scene with physics using regular numbers and then with everything divided by 100, 1000, 10000, etc. You will see the difference.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

drat, that reminds me. We haven’t heard from old school commando in a while. Hope he’s ok.

Just post that Derek has been doxxing again and you'll have OSC in there in no time.

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Gravity_Storm posted:

Slightly pessimistic opinion here, but ive got a feeling it will be a cobbled-together-at-the-last minute shitshow. There will be less than an hour of anything interesting and new in total, and at any moment the wheels might literally come off THAT.

There will be a new partnership with some kind of space dildo company which will be discussed for over 2 hours, and FOIP will take up another 2 hours.

Sadly, I think this is about right. They learned last year you can just babble endlessly about rudimentary stuff and the citizens lap it up because, even though every single one of them knows everything about game development, learning how FOR loops work in BASIC confirms for them CIG is doing what no-one else can.

Remember how exciting it was when we saw that model walk over uneven terrain? Amazing.

Remember the graphics guy droning on about all the stuff Cryengine does to render a scene? Electric.

Me? I just can't wait for the lore sections. Gently carress me, actually devoting hours of human thought to working out the language and culture of giant space turtles in Star Citizen is the single biggest waste of everything in the history of the universe. Nothing has ever been as pointless or worthless as the lore of Star Citizen and we're getting an hour or two of lectures on it.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

PederP posted:

Floating-point precision is not the same at any scale. 3rd party physics engines are not equally stable at all scales. They're not making the scale 1= 1 metre or 1 = 1 kilometre - they're using actually smaller numbers. Numerical inaccuracy is not the same when working with numbers divided by orders of magnitude.

If you doubt me, download Unity, CryEngine or UE yourself and set up the same scene with physics using regular numbers and then with everything divided by 100, 1000, 10000, etc. You will see the difference.

Floating point precision should be the same at any scale. That is the point of its namesake 'floating-point'. It is only when you mix numbers at these different orders of magnitude that you should expect it to break down.

Particular implementations, I don't know. I guess there could be specific assumptions in mind when it is designed. There is no reason you could not change them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sillybones posted:

Floating point precision should be the same at any scale. That is the point of its namesake 'floating-point'. It is only when you mix numbers at these different orders of magnitude that you should expect it to break down.

Particular implementations, I don't know. I guess there could be specific assumptions in mind when it is designed. There is no reason you could not change them.

Besides what PederP said, there are all sorts of issues that will arise from shrinking the objects while keeping the world the same size, which is what we guess is happening. Floating point precision errors will be much more significant since the player/ships are so tiny in comparison with the whole map.

Besides, this is Cryengine we're talking about, there has to be all sorts of hardcoded hacks in there to handle very small / very fast / very slow objects in special ways (which is fine, everybody does it). But if suddenly the scale is hosed up then who knows what will happen and how the renderer/physics engine/etc. will react.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 16, 2018

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Re: Star Marine scale issues

quote:

The worst example of wasted effort was discovered towards the end of Illfonic’s time on Star Marine: CIG found that the entire map was built to the wrong scale.

CIG builds all its ship and station interiors to an established scale so that each asset can become part of an environment kit. For this to work, a source explained, “you need to have the same slottable pieces for all different types of art styles. All standard doors, for example, whether they be for a moon base or a Mars base, have to share the same dimensions. If you’re building a new environment and new art assets to go with it then you create them as standard, modular pieces so other environments in the same style can be built quickly without needing bespoke assets.”

Unfortunately, the assets that Illfonic had created for the Gold Horizon level did not fit into the levels that CIG had built. CIG asked lllfonic’s artists to remake the lot.

“I'm always very perplexed by this,” Roberts told me when I asked how this happened. “We got everyone together and had a whole art summit in Austin in 2013. I thought we were all on the same page but I guess at some point we weren't.”

It all seems to come down to a lack of producers on an already-stretched team. There was no one person in a position to spot these problems. Months of work had to be redone to fix the scale problem.

It wasn’t just the Gold Horizon map that couldn’t be locked down and completed: the animation team had to retarget all their animations repeatedly throughout the two years Illfonic worked on Star Marine. “The animation team hated it,” a source told me.

Animation rigs were shared across all of the studios working on Star Citizen. These skeletons could be slotted inside a character model and animators could create animations they needed for their specific aspect of the game.

“Once you have a rig with a character you can't really change a lot because you have multiple studios working with the same rig to do animations within their module,” a source elaborated. “If anyone in the core CIG team changed one of those rigs, they needed to retarget every single animation to the new skeleton.” CIG did that “several times”, which was “an absolute pain in the rear end for the animation team”.

When I brought this up with Roberts, he explained that internal problems CIG had caused this. When Illfonic started work on Star Marine, they were using a character model that had been created by the Austin character team. However, Roberts tells me, “we weren't particularly happy with the output we were getting in Austin”, so character production was moved to the UK, where CIG “had the opportunity to hire people who had experience with CryEngine”. Roberts explained that this led to the UK team creating a new character model (and the skeleton to go with it) from scanning real-life actors, which was on a slightly different scale to the previous ones. This meant that all the animators had to retarget their animations.

“[There] you have an example of the UK team doing its thing that then has a ripple effect on the Illfonic team, who get upset that they're having to retarget everything, and all that was frustrating,” Roberts says. “That skeleton got redone again because it wasn't right. Now we have this really nice male and female model and that's not changing.” Of course, when the skeleton was redone for the second time, it called for the animators to retarget all their animations yet again.

“That's an illustration of the things that can go wrong with communications,” Roberts continued. “The fact that you can see the animation team bitching about other people, and you've got people at Illfonic bitching about what the character team gave them. So from each side's perspective they probably think the other team are assholes. Me, at the top, and [global production lead] Erin [Roberts] and the other people are trying to stop that from happening and getting people on the same page. That's kind of a challenge and not just for Star Citizen. This happens on all big projects.”

Meanwhile at Illfonic, the work to get the Star Marine it had created to work with the ever-changing Star Citizen was becoming a real burden for the studio. Star Marine was delayed, and delayed again. One source told me that eventually Chris Roberts asked Illfonic if it could reconcile the problems in the FPS module, and the company instead ended its partnership with CIG.

“Illfonic sent the email,” a source tells me. “It was a mutual thing but Illfonic sent the email.”

CIG had already hinted that it wanted to take the first-person module in-house. But “at the same time, [Illfonic] had had enough’,” says a source. “They sent the email, they wanted out.” After two years of working with CIG on Star Marine with no end in sight, and having to repeatedly redo its work, Illfonic’s team morale was shot. “It was numbing,” a source said.

Another source at CIG told me that “Illfonic was producing what they should have been delivering [...] the fault landed on our internal requirements. It's going to be very difficult for any outside vendor to match what we're asking [if] it's a constantly moving target. Couple that with a lot of money being spent on manpower per month and it didn't seem financially feasible to keep them on.”

A press release in August 2015 stated that CIG planned to move development of the module internally.

Bonus quote I’d missed in earlier readings;

quote:

The PAX demo makes it look like there’s a scripted mission, but that was staged to make it more interesting to watch. “If it was a normal versus FPS then no one would think it was cool,” my source explained.“That was just for PAX. They talked about scripted missions but not at the first release. The first release was just 'Here are some levels and here's the FPS gameplay within Star Citizen'.”

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Some excellent cats right here :3:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

G0RF posted:

Thank you. That actually explains it all. Chinese whispers comes to and end.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

G0RF posted:

And yet, the narrative for the last two years has been Illfonic was the ones to blame for this clusterfuck.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Sillybones posted:

I'm no expert, I can imagine issues when:

- The area and volume scales, absolute forces being applied suddenly are way too much (I assume they're set absolutely by the devs/artists/not sure)
- Same for acceleration/deceleration of objects, inertia/friction
- You have stuff not behaving quite according to the laws of physics for artistic reasons (ie make that pixel green)
- Collision detection, if say some absolute leeway has been set perhaps per object, this may change at a different scale
- Complications on how textures/maps are applied with an assumption of a certain game scale, worse if they were built externally
- Using 3rd party plugins which assume the engine hasn't been screwed around with
- You're using CryEngine

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Drunk Theory posted:

And yet, the narrative for the last two years has been Illfonic was the ones to blame for this clusterfuck.

CIG can do no wrong.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

:lol:
Literally everything Crobbers does is stolen from movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnI2ssIPr3s&t=327s

One of the least sensible scenes in any of the Star Trek movies :doh:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

So will it be:

1 - Over a 1000Gbs LAN, with all players and servers close by?

or

2 - Over the relatively slow, high-latency internet, like it is in the real world?

:iiam:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:thunk:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Some WarZ level of fidelity there.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Drunk Theory posted:

The narrative is "Illfonic built up assets at the wrong scale". And that is correct. All that is missing from that quote is "CIG asked Illfonic to.." which of course gives it a different perspective.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Sillybones posted:

What if there's nonlinear processes in the physics engine, for instance? Say some functions that behave oddly when the input is out of certain bounds? Then there's a good chance that the output isn't just a scaled-down version of what you expected. If that happens a lot and is very low-level in the engine it would take a lot work to debug.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Nyast posted:

The narrative is "Illfonic built up assets at the wrong scale". And that is correct. All that is missing from that quote is "CIG asked Illfonic to.." which of course gives it a different perspective.

But it is so inaccurate. Illfonic build assets that were not flexible enough for CIG's pipeline and authored animations that were for an old version of the character rigs. The scale of the assets is incidental.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Lord Stimperor posted:

What if there's nonlinear processes in the physics engine, for instance? Say some functions that behave oddly when the input is out of certain bounds? Then there's a good chance that the output isn't just a scaled-down version of what you expected. If that happens a lot and is very low-level in the engine it would take a lot work to debug.

Maybe Crobberts shrunk the whole stuff so much, that unwanted quantum effects (which are totally implemented in this fidelity engine) are causing all those bugs? Like what CPU makers experience?

Truly groundbreaking.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
The article sounds like Illfonic built items at the wrong dimensions, which is different than being at the wrong scale. Scaling a door down from 3'x8' to 3"x8" is no big deal if everything else around changes proportionally, but if doors all need to be 3.5"x7.5", then you need to go all the way back and redo the level itself because now there are gaps/overlaps.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sillybones posted:

It isn’t, go check up arbitrary prcision, then consider that the relationship of mass, volume and density is not a linear relationship.

Again, you can give it a go yourself, but the important thing here is that scaling works in math, but not physics, and these are physical simulations.

Arbitrary precision comes in when you have to round up the position of your scaled item, and it starts to jitter and pull itself apart.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Maybe Crobberts shrunk the whole stuff so much, that unwanted quantum effects (which are totally implemented in this fidelity engine) are causing all those bugs? Like what CPU makers experience?

Truly groundbreaking.

Star Citizen - Held Back by Quantum Tunneling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sillybones posted:

But it is so inaccurate. Illfonic build assets that were not flexible enough for CIG's pipeline and authored animations that were for an old version of the character rigs. The scale of the assets is incidental.

CiG didn’t have a pipeline at the time, and their model was to outsource everything. They ended up with poo poo from everyone, but no way to tie it together. This is why they produced bugger-all for the best part of teo years.

Also, what’s with this new fashion for questioning the basis? This is like the third time we’ve had the ‘this is just goon talk’. If anything we demonstrated more good faith and accuracy than RSI.