Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

sweet pee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It just feels like about that time to come back to mh

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zigmidge posted:

It just feels like about that time to come back to mh

good idea, why did we stop playing anyway?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

i run spiderman through midtown in my mind have i stopped?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

you've got the Midtown Madness......

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cyclops ult text

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Any recommendations for decent fast paced Diablolikes? Got kind of burned out on Path of Exile's endgame last time I replayed it.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
You're all mad I tells ya

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
is this the thread for dead island epidemic

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Behold! The power of gravity!

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh wow, this thread is still kicking, but the links in the OP seem broken. Hey, did they ever release Wasp? She is my second favorite character and I hope she is more fun than Ant-Man was.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Grinning Goblin posted:

Oh wow, this thread is still kicking, but the links in the OP seem broken. Hey, did they ever release Wasp? She is my second favorite character and I hope she is more fun than Ant-Man was.

vagine too stingy

super sweet best pal posted:

Any recommendations for decent fast paced Diablolikes? Got kind of burned out on Path of Exile's endgame last time I replayed it.

lol its going to be Torchlight 3

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i cant believe their ant man and the wasp tie in was just ghost as an invisible teamup

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

grim dawn gets a bit quicker once you’re high level, but it’s still slow

i guess you’ll have to wait for torchlight 3 :11tea:

alex jones’ hair gel, vendor trash —hulk jeans

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

There's four different types of prestige reincarnations now. Class, Epic Levels, Race and Iconic Race and they all give different bonuses.

Goddamn. I've been thinking a lot about returning to DDO but I'm years behind now and well out of the lvl 20+ / epic difficulty stuff.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i can almost taste it

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

i hear marvel heroes is pretty alright

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Shine posted:

I miss Thingcognito.
Thing was my one and only Cosmic and I loved every minute of it.

I used to post on the Thing board and a fair number of the ideas I posted about wound up appearing in the 52 review, for which I am inordinately proud.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I cosmiced wolverine over a few months of suffering. Deadpool took me maybe a day. If the game hadn't made the sweeping movement changes update that made everyone worse Punisher and Daredevil were next on the list for me. Everyone keeps saying it but God I miss the vibe of just shutting my brain off and gooning around on Mondays with the crew.

HebrewMagic fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 16, 2018

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

My only cosmic was Taskmaster and I hit 60 on him at the end of a Taskmaster terminal, fully completing the cycle of ego death.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i cosmic'd Squirrel Girl and was going to do it on Spidey during the time we had before shutdown, but then the game shut down like immediately, whoops.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I cosmiced Rocket, Squirrel Girl, Colossus and Magik.

I miss my yellow friends.

trem
Sep 17, 2009
I miss my cosmic gumbo every single day. Can't forget that bulge.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think I did like twenty cosmics, but my favourite was always pre-rework Punisher because after he took too much brains to use.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

I keep touching this stove and coincidentally my hand keeps getting burned, help

Eventually your hand will turn gold and it'll all have been worth it

Shine posted:

I miss Thingcognito.

The only costume worth buying.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

McSpanky posted:

Eventually your hand will turn gold and it'll all have been worth it

The only costume worth buying.
When I would Prestige Thing I'd use his black jersey costume for levelling and then switch to Thingcognitio as a tasty reward.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i cosmiced colossus once

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I remember when Star-Lord came out and I loved Guardians so much that I was thinking "boy I could definitely see myself cosmicing him"

Thankfully the sheen wore off there.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

remember when they gave him orange headphones and sony immediately sued them and they had to patch them to be non infringing lmao

... or did i dream that?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I miss the days of the speed/dodge spidey builds. I prestiged him and Thor so many times.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I definitely remember them having to patch the headphones.

In retrospect, were the Variant Costumes the first indication that they were going creatively (and then soon after materially) bankrupt?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
No, they went bankrupt bc they were managerially corrupt and also apparently forgot to renew their license with disney.

I mean, switch flipper forgot to switch the most important switch.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Strange Matter posted:

I definitely remember them having to patch the headphones.

In retrospect, were the Variant Costumes the first indication that they were going creatively (and then soon after materially) bankrupt?

the variant costumes, like many things, were adjusted downward from how weird they initially were because of player feedback. never forget that originally they were supposed to be limited to like 1000 to 3000 sales each before never being available again, and the visual effect underneath them was supposed to be individually numbered. people hated this because that's just a weird thing to do, but also, these were really highly demanded costume variants. maskless versions of stuff were Big Wants for the playerbase. so they took out the limit

but this just all harks back to pre-launch, brevik's original plans for buying characters. which were that you were not going to be able to buy any of them directly, just buy a box that had a random character token in it, so that you would have to spend tons of cash on trying to unlock anyone new whenever they were added, let alone a character you actually wanted to play. people were so angry about this in the beta testing forums that the decision got totally flipped to "just buy whoever you want directly" within like 12 hours

marvel heroes was always filled with dumb marketing decisions. the game was pretty good though

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Maybe trion can bring it back to life, but with their monetization models I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Erdricks posted:

Maybe trion can bring it back to life, but with their monetization models I'm not sure that's a good thing.

im doubtful it would return as Marvel Heroes, but they might reuse the structure/engine/some assets to make a new ARPG. you can reuse a lot of generic thug and mafia enemies, lots of the environments, and entire character classes and animations to make something else entirely.

even without the marvel IP it would be cool to have an ARPG that's like modern city setting superhero stuff

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

As long as they reuse the "I should've stayed at Google" death rattle.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Sea Lily posted:

im doubtful it would return as Marvel Heroes, but they might reuse the structure/engine/some assets to make a new ARPG. you can reuse a lot of generic thug and mafia enemies, lots of the environments, and entire character classes and animations to make something else entirely.

even without the marvel IP it would be cool to have an ARPG that's like modern city setting superhero stuff

fat maggia man w cape please

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Ghostlight posted:

I think I did like twenty cosmics, but my favourite was always pre-rework Punisher because after he took too much brains to use.

you literally just had to press 5 buttons in the same order forever lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

if i wanted to do chores instead of blowing up bad guys i'd play invisible woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

As long as they reuse the "I should've stayed at Google" death rattle.