Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
I feel like if you're worried about having your time wasted you shouldn't run MSQ Roulette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

pupuru posted:

I feel like if you're worried about having your time wasted you shouldn't run MSQ Roulette

I haven't ran MSQ since early heavensward and my life is better for it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

during the cutscene from phase 1 -> 2 i get............ this.............

hahahahha just imagine getting that angry at a castrum meridianium roullete run*.

Most people in this game are extremely nice, but that makes the exceptions stand out even more (like that bizarre "but i don't want to stop dpsing" healer from a while back who let the party die because he didn't want to lower his dps and then blamed the tank for having ilvl 40-45 gear in an lvl 49 dungeon).

* I still do this because it's good xp. I actually prefer the longer Praetorium one, because it involves less time actually running around and more time in cutscenes (which I just alt-tab out of and browse the internet during)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

* I still do this because it's good xp. I actually prefer the longer Praetorium one, because it involves less time actually running around and more time in cutscenes (which I just alt-tab out of and browse the internet during)

:hmmyes:

i was hoping to get praetorium actually. i don’t really mind MSQ roulettes because it’s basically the game playing itself while i watch giant bomb lol

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I hope you laughed at that guy and called him a mad nerd.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Squeenix posted:

All Worlds Maintenance

[Date & Time]
Sep. 17, 2018 3:00 a.m. to Sep. 18, 2018 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

So...will the servers literally be down for 24hrs?

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

The best thing I have seen in a dungeon was a big pullin’ tank in Skalla who gathered up the mobs after the second boss then ran straight off the cliff without breaking stride. When we all recovered from being murdered I gave him the storm salute and I hope he knows there was no irony in it.

don't doxx me please I actually did this once. Windows' Bluetooth controller support isn't the greatest sometimes.

Anyways, after thinking about it a bit, I've mellowed out about the SMN nerf. It's at most a 3% damage hit and less in most cases, and the job will still be comfortably ahead of RDM and probably very close to BLM after the dust settles. I'm still not exactly thrilled that they nerfed my favorite job to work around a bug (the damage and vulnerability weren't applying in a few fights, O4S being the worst offender), especially since the physical vulnerability part of it may well still be broken!

Worst case scenario, I have BiS Red Mage gear too. At least for another day. :toot:

Also, why am I getting sucked into endgame crafting/gathering more than anything else lately? And how am I broke in spite of having all the crafters+botanist leveled? At least my BTN and ALC look cool.

Apropos of nothing, have the rarest sight in the game: three Duskwights in one picture!

this is some real gelmorra poo poo you just walked into

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 16, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Valle posted:

It could come up a little bit earlier than that, but yeah that's how it goes for big patch days.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

don't doxx me please I actually did this once. Windows' Bluetooth controller support isn't the greatest sometimes.

Controller issues? Mm I guess that’s a plausible excuse but I still don’t see how-

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Oh my god they’ve found a new cave, they have to be stopped

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Valle posted:

At the earliest it'll come up after the weekly reset, so 1 AM on Tuesday.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
I honestly really enjoy MCH but man does it loving suck to be so heavily reliant on a single incredibly temperamental oGCD ability

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I really hope they rework machinist around a quicker boom/bust cycle revolving around overheats instead of wildfire for the next expansion. gently caress wildfire.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Is this a cry for help? Do I need to call 911...? :ohdear:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4Rk0NATNs

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I really hope they rework machinist around a quicker boom/bust cycle revolving around overheats instead of wildfire for the next expansion. gently caress wildfire.

I disagree, I love wildfire because my dumb idiot brain enjoys stacking two different burst windows together, throwing every cool down I have then basking in the afterglow for 110s before I get to do it again.

Flamethrower (and other channels) needs the dota 2 Teleport Scroll option that locks movement so you can only cancel the channel by pressing stop.

Honestly I hope the next expansion adds another stacking burst window to machinist. Or makes Rook Overdrive deal 4000 damage but it also deletes you for 30 seconds.

Banjo Kaczynski fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 16, 2018

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

I actually kinda liked Anemos as a cool place to chill with friends but I get irrationally angry after about 15 minutes in Pagos. This is completely incomprehensible to me

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wildfire is an awful ability especially so because of its existence you can't use almost any of your cooldowns outside Wildfire phases and have to save them. So MCH, which is supposed to be a really dynamic job where you trigger things on the fly, becomes an incredibly rigid job.

The animation also loving sucks too.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

.....this is now a Eureka intervention thread.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wildfire is an awful ability especially so because of its existence you can't use almost any of your cooldowns outside Wildfire phases and have to save them. So MCH, which is supposed to be a really dynamic job where you trigger things on the fly, becomes an incredibly rigid job.

The animation also loving sucks too.
:hai:

Literally everything wrong with MCH revolves around Wildfire and the incredibly stupid things it forces on the class.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I pulled the same thing with Anemos and couldn't bring myself to even cap my level in Pagos. Do you need help? :ohdear:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I pulled the same thing with Anemos and couldn't bring myself to even cap my level in Pagos. Do you need help? :ohdear:

That pic's from some dude on Reddit.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thanks for all of the concern, I've never actually stepped into Eureka and have no plans to

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Speaking of wildfire, now that I'm 70 I assume the thing to do is use flamethrower to trigger overheat when both it and wildfire are up, and use a regular wildfire in between flamethrower cooldowns if I can and it won't gently caress up the timing to match up with flamethrower?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

small bird pudding posted:

Speaking of wildfire, now that I'm 70 I assume the thing to do is use flamethrower to trigger overheat when both it and wildfire are up, and use a regular wildfire in between flamethrower cooldowns if I can and it won't gently caress up the timing to match up with flamethrower?

Flamethrower and Wildfire have the same cooldown.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
As much as I enjoy Wildfire as a function, I also wouldn't lament it being replaced with something new that makes the class less hellish. Hopefully it gets a decent retooling in 5.0.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Apropos of nothing, have the rarest sight in the game: three Duskwights in one picture!

I had no idea a duskwight could be, uh, duskwhite. I thought that like xaela/raen or seawolves/hellsguard the skin tone was the big distinguishing feature, with one race having the more "fantasy" blue/grey/green/purple colors available. How did you distinguish them from a wildwood in the first place, eye shape?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Archyduke posted:

I had no idea a duskwight could be, uh, duskwhite. I thought that like xaela/raen or seawolves/hellsguard the skin tone was the big distinguishing feature, with one race having the more "fantasy" blue/grey/green/purple colors available. How did you distinguish them from a wildwood in the first place, eye shape?

In general, the faces they have available are totally different. It's not like, say, the Au Ra, where the two clans are actually completely mirrored except for scale color and available skin tone options (which was in fact a big complaint when they launched).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I actually quite like the staticness of MCH gameplay right now. The fun is dealing with poo poo that tries to upset that staticness.

Also I get a headache trying to play BRD in savage so it's not like it's much of a choice.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibblebibble posted:

I actually quite like the staticness of MCH gameplay right now. The fun is dealing with poo poo that tries to upset that staticness.

I don't play MCH but that's why I really liked Heavensward BLM yeah. I havent really played Stormblood BLM so I can't comment on the changes though

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Coming from a BRD who only part times MCH when I'm bored, I do hope that MCH gets a bit of a overhaul in 5.0, or at least pushes the class beyond "60 seconds of nothing then 10 seconds of HOLY poo poo WILDFIRE EVERYTHING MATTERS EVEN PING"

Also, gently caress Gauss Barrel, and give us better guns than muskets.

Heated animations are cool though

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Worst case scenario, I have BiS Red Mage gear too. At least for another day. :toot:

Play BLM, you coward

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Archyduke posted:

The biggest non-skin color difference is that wildwood have the ear clamps as an option and duskwight can have the face tattoos.

I was messing around with the character creator and they have enough shared options that I could remake my wildwood only with blue skin.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
If I've never done Eureka or Pagos, how difficult would it be to start now and work towards my next weapon line?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Countblanc posted:

I don't play MCH but that's why I really liked Heavensward BLM yeah. I havent really played Stormblood BLM so I can't comment on the changes though

its not much different except that letting enochian drop is a bigger deal but its also much easier to maintain with 8 sec transpose and triple cast

maximizing your explosion count in the face of encounter bullshit is still blm life

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I don't have a problem with the static rotation or burst heavy nature of MCH. The burst windows are frequent enough and there's enough to do between overheat/wildfires to not be boring. My wishlist is basically to make Flamethrower less awkward (just make it a standard oGCD that instantly overheats you instead of being channeled), make it easier to land 6 GCDs in overheat with high ping (11 second duration maybe?) and most importantly to make Wildfire detonation damage a large number so you can actually see the damage you dealt.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I wonder what abilities jobs are going to lose in Shadowbringers. I doubt we'll get many new ones, probably 2 (maaaybe 3) per job but even one new ability probably means pruning a bit.

Mostly I hope they make AoE more interesting or make it so AoE is just so bad that you only ever want to do it in fights that have like, 10+ very low health enemies because as it stands only a handful of jobs have interesting AoE rotations. Especially compared to the generally quite interesting single target ones.

e: I still think using 2 or 3 Enchanted Moulinet should activate Verultima as an AoE finisher.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I wonder what abilities jobs are going to lose in Shadowbringers. I doubt we'll get many new ones, probably 2 (maaaybe 3) per job but even one new ability probably means pruning a bit.

Mostly I hope they make AoE more interesting or make it so AoE is just so bad that you only ever want to do it in fights that have like, 10+ very low health enemies because as it stands only a handful of jobs have interesting AoE rotations. Especially compared to the generally quite interesting single target ones.

e: I still think using 2 or 3 Enchanted Moulinet should activate Verultima as an AoE finisher.

I suspect what will happen is consolidation like you see in PVP, rather than straight ability removal. The big barrier to more abilities is overloading hotbars more than anything else. If you, to use the Red Mage Example, set the melee combo to one button then you'd free up two hotbar spaces right off the bat. You'd have to rework certain job combos but by and large this would be the most effective way to add new skills without losing old ones.

Assuming we're going to 80 in the expansion and a new skill every 2 levels like before, that's 5 new skills. You can assume at least 1 or 2 will be a passive or a skill upgrade. (STONE V!) so honestly probably 3, MAYBE 4 new abilities per class at the most and that's probably stretching it. A little simplification or maybe dumping one or two crap abilities alone would resolve that.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 16, 2018

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Wouldn't like verdark / verardor / vermetron or some sort of ver status effect (verbio?) be more fitting with past FF games? Ultima doesn;t feel job specific to me at all, and in FFXIV it's been shown as a sort of supernuke only usable by big baddies, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

I wouldn't mind only having like 2 or 3 new buttons (and making room for them by bringing in the auto combo buttons that PVP uses into PVE) and a few traits that rework how old mechanics work at cap. Basically what SB1 did but more extreme.