Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious posted:

seriously they all had puppy avatars and every single thread would get derailed by how immoral (thing) was because it's coercive, maaann

I mean, would any of you be surprised. This is five years before 2008. “Acceptable Discourse ” tm was preety much limited to whether mj was good if gays should be happy with civil partnerships in a dozen states, and if we had possibly messed up in occupying iraq. Oh also if seniors should be arrested for going to Canada their o buy prescription drugs and if social security should be privatized now or ten years from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

That was 17 years ago. You're old.

POSTING IS A YOUNG MAN'S GAME POPS!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
*Picture of Cop with SS tattoos on fat folds of his necks*

We can't just campaign getting this guy fired! What about all those innocent KISS fans who want to get tattoos? THEY'LL BE VICTIMS TOO!!!

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

this needs context :thunkher:

lol they got docked five days' pay and had to attend a class on how cops mustn't flash nazis signs in public

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
:qq: why doesn't the public respect us cops :qq:

*goes to cop training where he's taught to do poo poo heinous enough that it requires hiding his face from the public*

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Duscat posted:

lol they got docked five days' pay and had to attend a class on how cops mustn't flash nazis signs in public

The same thing, or something even less, will probably happen to random cost guard man

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Bedlamdan posted:

The same thing, or something even less, will probably happen to random cost guard man

hi bedlamdan how are you today

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between an OK sign & a white power symbol. you imbecile. you loving moron"

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Duscat posted:

hi bedlamdan how are you today

Pretty good, you?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Bedlamdan posted:

Pretty good, you?

doin good, doin good, just ate an entire pizza, it was :discourse:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

*Picture of Cop with SS tattoos on fat folds of his necks*

We can't just campaign getting this guy fired! What about all those innocent KISS fans who want to get tattoos? THEY'LL BE VICTIMS TOO!!!

The cool thing about the SS tat is that it's just as good to kill Kiss fans as it is nazis

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Duscat posted:

doin good, doin good, just ate an entire pizza, it was :discourse:

Permaban queued!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Permaban queued!

thank u 4 ur service

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The people fighting for the honor of the OK sign better be fighting twice as hard to take back the swastika. That symbol is immeasurably more important, not just because of it's religious/spiritual significance, but because that significance was recognized in almost every human society, even among peoples who were virtually isolated from the rest of humanity.

Before the nazis took the OK sign it was really only used by dorks who've gone too long without being wedgied.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

*makes Nazi hand sign* it STINKS

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
420 Blaze It is actually a racist dogwhistle that references Hitler's birthdate of April 20th, as well as the furnaces of Auschwitz and Buchenwald.

MizPiz posted:

The people fighting for the honor of the OK sign better be fighting twice as hard to take back the swastika. That symbol is immeasurably more important, not just because of it's religious/spiritual significance, but because that significance was recognized in almost every human society, even among peoples who were virtually isolated from the rest of humanity.

You still see the swastikas all over the place in India and greater Asia. There's just not all that many practicing Buddhists and Hindus in the west to make it a real issue in Europe and America.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

i saw a whole floor covered in swastikas in a roman museum in germany, weird that the nazis would go back in time to place them there

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

Wait so now you're worried about them not facing adequate punishment? I thought your argument that punishing them at all WOULD RUIN LIVES?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Wait so now you're worried about them not facing adequate punishment? I thought your argument that punishing them at all WOULD RUIN LIVES?

If you think a rando scratching his ear in a vaguely weird way is equivalent to Alabama Cops flashing it like a fuckin' gang sign then get your poo poo together and do some context

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
holy poo poo this is still going on????

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hey dumbass ur an idiot shut up lmao

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Al! posted:

hey dumbass ur an idiot shut up lmao

:discourse: ok

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh huh how did u know u wouldn't be banned fir this on a forum where explicit white supremacy is banned on sight

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bedlamdan posted:

You still see the swastikas all over the place in India and greater Asia. There's just not all that many practicing Buddhists and Hindus in the west to make it a real issue in Europe and America.

It isn't just an Asiatic symbol. It's been used throughout history across every continent with virtually the same meaning, even in ancient Europe and pre-Columbus America. The fact we let nazis get away with using the swastika is far more damning than letting them have one that roughly translates to "I haven't been bullied enough."

MizPiz has issued a correction as of 20:06 on Sep 16, 2018

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

If you think a rando scratching his ear in a vaguely weird way is equivalent to Alabama Cops flashing it like a fuckin' gang sign then get your poo poo together and do some context

Oh I get it. As long as they're, well not really subtle but I guess pretending to try and be kind of hiding it, so you can pretend that the neonazi's don't exist it's fine.

I too run away from scary things and try not to think about them. I suggest alcohol

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Bedlamdan posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/EveMue/status/1041145566091268096

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Oh I get it. As long as they're, well not really subtle but I guess pretending to try and be kind of hiding it, so you can pretend that the neonazi's don't exist it's fine.

I too run away from scary things and try not to think about them. I suggest alcohol

You want me to stop talking, and then insist on talking to me. gently caress dude, just buy me PMs and you can whine at me there.

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!

Bedlamdan posted:

you're loving pathetic

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Bedlamdan posted:

You want me to stop talking, and then insist on talking to me. gently caress dude, just buy me PMs and you can whine at me there.

Shut up nerd

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i guess sargon thinks he's a real politician now or something cause he started to distance himself from other youtube morons

he put out an hour long hit piece on mr metouker and it isnt going well for sargon

let them fight etc

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/kherman112/status/1041126091350409216?s=21

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Reclines Obesily posted:

i guess sargon thinks he's a real politician now or something cause he started to distance himself from other youtube morons

he put out an hour long hit piece on mr metouker and it isnt going well for sargon

let them fight etc

I actually hope sargon wins this one because he’s actually measurably less destructive in this one specific comparison.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tardcore posted:

The cool thing about the SS tat is that it's just as good to kill Kiss fans as it is nazis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHkojuUSDO8

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

business hammocks posted:

I actually hope sargon wins this one because he’s actually measurably less destructive in this one specific comparison.

i dunno, sargons audience is larger compared to metouker and metouker is the kind of idiot thats not going to last long in the current climate. hell he was banned from twitter a month ago

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i didn't watch eithers videos but sargons has tons of dislikes and starts off with a billy joel song sooo

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i think twitter could just ban anyone involved in a livestream debate and come out better for it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Reclines Obesily posted:

i dunno, sargons audience is larger compared to metouker and metouker is the kind of idiot thats not going to last long in the current climate. hell he was banned from twitter a month ago

metouker organizes harassment that is extremely vicious and long-lived. About a year ago he did videos on former contributors to the nostalgia critic’s site, and they’re still getting daily phone calls and doxxing attempts. Sargon’s doxxes seem a little more incidental and aimless, but the metouker people are motivated to ruin lives and he deserves to have something really terrible happen to him.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

MizPiz posted:

It isn't just an Asiatic symbol. It's been used throughout history across every continent with virtually the same meaning, even in ancient Europe and pre-Columbus America. The fact we let nazis get away with using the swastika is far more damning than letting them have one that roughly translates to "I haven't been bullied enough."
Sorry but reclaiming the swastika is a non-starter in the West for at least another 800 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

At which point you'll be able to go into a fastfood chain called Gyro Hitler and appreciate all the swastikas inside