Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Florida is the best state in pro football rn

as everyone expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Gruden and the Pats losing gives me something ti keep watching footballs for.

If Gruden losing makes you happy, hoo boy do I have good news about how frequently you'll be happy for the next decade

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Whatley posted:

Bucs Jags Super Bowl: The Battle for Florida

The NFL would poo poo itself at that match-up.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/victafur/status/1041473485703340033

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

we're beyond parody at this point

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

JT Jag posted:

super bowl winning coach

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JT Jag posted:

The reporter misheard him. Gruden was actually talking about getting the team some blintzes.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

Bucs Jags Super Bowl: The Battle for Florida

in georgia

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

My friends and I run a little competition each year titled "Precognition of FAIL". Before kickoff week 1, you have to answer 7 questions:

1. First Head Coach to be fired.
2. Last team to win a game.
3. NFL team with lowest scoring offense.
4. NFL team with most points allowed on defense.
5. A playoff team from last year that will not make the playoffs this year.
6. Team that gives up the most sacks.
7. The #1 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft goes to...

Here were my answers:

1. Hue Jackson
2. Bills
3. Bills
4. Browns
5. Bills
6. Bills
7. Bills

My only regret is letting the Browns slip in to #4. Holy poo poo, the Bills are bad. So bad. Even worse than I imagined. I'm surprised the Chargers gave them that mercy TD at the end.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

So does he still get his gameday check?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

his whole contract was guaranteed at the start of the season, offhand

:laffo:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hmmm maybe it will be pro rated.

I wonder how does a situation like this impact the salary cap? Also does his contract have any weirdo if retired (probably based on injury) he gets this much provision.
Edit: oh :lol:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Not surprised. As soon as DJax went to Washington I knew Eagles fans would have to eat poo poo twice a year when he burned the defense. At least he's out of the division.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crescent Wrench posted:

Not surprised. As soon as DJax went to Washington I knew Eagles fans would have to eat poo poo twice a year when he burned the defense. At least he's out of the division.

Worst have we ever figured out why Kelly did it? I mean at this point being a racist rear end in a top hat seems as likely as weirdo perceived slight by him (I mean he fired the 30 year employee coaches secretary) and being the inspiration for Gruden Stupidity.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

All loling about Mack aside, Paul Guenther had like the lowest blitz percentage of any coordinator in the league when in Cincy so good luck with that

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also both the Steelers and Pats have looked like garbage early in the season at least like every other year the past decade+ and still almost always turn out fine

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Worst have we ever figured out why Kelly did it? I mean at this point being a racist rear end in a top hat seems as likely as weirdo perceived slight by him (I mean he fired the 30 year employee coaches secretary) and being the inspiration for Gruden Stupidity.

Methinks he’s just a weird rear end in a top hat who sucks.

From that article https://www.phillyvoice.com/handing-out-10-awards-eagles-buccaneers-game-2018/

https://twitter.com/jmorrissey21/status/1041178426449842177?s=21

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

JT Jag posted:

Florida is the best state in pro football rn

as everyone expected

Three way game, Jags Fins Bucs. Winner gets to decide if a Cuban has salami or not.

No Jags, you cant put chicken tenders on it. Well, okay, at Publix you can, but Publix isn't real life.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah, it’s just one of the dumbest things (well as part of the overall heading of Chip Kelly) in Eagles recent history so I always go back to it wondering why.

I mean could you imagine Djax, Nelson, and Jeffrey?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Also both the Steelers and Pats have looked like garbage early in the season at least like every other year the past decade+ and still almost always turn out fine
The Patriots didnt look that bad but the Jags definitely outplayed them.

:siren: The Jags won with a -1 turnover differential. A fumble by a rookie and a deflected pass that was intercepted vs a strip sack on Brady. I still cant believe it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lions are still poop from a butt but at least they didn't (seemingly) roll over when they got behind like last week. Can't wait to see them get buttfucked by the Pats in full-on "hey we're still the Pats" mode next Sunday, and on live TV no less!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

someone's still gonna rank the Patriots over the Jaguars in their Power Rankings this week and it's gonna own

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Patriots didnt look that bad but the Jags definitely outplayed them.

:siren: The Jags won with a -1 turnover differential. A fumble by a rookie and a deflected pass that was intercepted vs a strip sack on Brady. I still cant believe it.

Yeah, Pats dared Bortles to beat them and he did. They were blitzing pretty much constantly and leaving everyone 1 on 1 with no help and Bortles picked it apart. Also had a ton of trouble with pressure up front thanks to Marcus Cannon's missing the game and couldn't get any pressure on the Bort despite a whole lot of double a gap blitzes.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Crowell is going to run for 400 yards just to spite Hue Jackson next week and the Jets will win.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Insane that the AFC East is a two way race between the Jets and Dolphins this year

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Pats dared Bortles to beat them and he did. They were blitzing pretty much constantly and leaving everyone 1 on 1 with no help and Bortles picked it apart. Also had a ton of trouble with pressure up front thanks to Marcus Cannon's missing the game and couldn't get any pressure on the Bort despite a whole lot of double a gap blitzes.
The Double Gap blitzers were less of a problem because the Jags dont have a turnstyle playing LG anymore, their RBs are great at blitz pickup, and their C and (new) LG are both pro bowl talents. What really astonished me is that Bort wasnt sacked at all despite the fact that his LT went down with a knee injury at the end of the first quarter. I'm annoyed at the int because it was entirely on the WR (though maybe Bort shouldnt've thrown it) and because there were 3 or 4 really bad drops where Bort threw a near-perfect ball.

edit: But 4 TDs to 4 different pass catchers and some other perfect throws is pretty :randpop:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jarvis is my hero

https://twitter.com/923TheFan/status/1041450512162455552?s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TedyBruschiESPN/status/1041475496272449536

this guy isn't fun

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Then do college rules.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I will fight irl for more ties

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Man, that's a good thread title.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Then do college rules.

College rules, start from the 40 or midfield since NFL kickers are so much more reliable.

That or just play full quarters until someone wins a quarter, I don't care which.

e: I mean I'm ok with ties, but those are the two best options I see if you want no ties ever. The current rules are an improvement but I still don't like them.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 17, 2018

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

JT Jag posted:

someone's still gonna rank the Patriots over the Jaguars in their Power Rankings this week and it's gonna own

Not Crimson Ghost.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

College rules, start from the 40 or midfield since NFL kickers are so much more reliable.

This is cruel the vikings & browns

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grittybeard posted:

Weird week to say that but okay

Anyway ties are cool and good and funny so keep ties

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I dont see why its not both.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

I dont see why its not both.

I am totally willing to accept that reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

I mean, have you seen what college kickers do in your average week? It's easier to kick field goals in college because of no K ball and some other things even though the hashes are wider and the vast majority of those kickers really suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

shirts and skins posted:

Anyway ties are cool and good and funny so keep ties

Imagine what college OT rules will do to fantasy football. Many hilarious outcomes.

• Locked thread