Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

From everything I've heard the Coliseum is kind of a miserable experience these days though, to be fair.

NFL options in LA: lovely decrepit massive coliseum, or tiny expensive as hell soccer stadium.

Kroenkedome can't come fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

From everything I've heard the Coliseum is kind of a miserable experience these days though, to be fair.

I wouldn't say it's miserable but it is definitely hot as balls and once you're inside there is absolutely nothing to do beyond watching the game. Very obviously a 90+ year old stadium with no modern amenities. It would certainly be a rough time for parents of small children/the elderly/disabled folks, but there's ~18 million people in the area so it can't just be that :shrug:. I'd pay $16 again to see an NFL game there any day.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I went to a few day USC at the coliseum games and you get really seriously cooked. Night games are good. Also there are about 40,000 seats in that stadium that are worse than the worst seat in any other NFL stadium.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

TheBizzness posted:

If the Dolphins can start 3-0 with 2 Bills games and the Lions at home still on the schedule they might actually win 9!!!!!! games.

The Bills will find enough effort to beat the dolphins for one of their few wins, no matter how bad they are. Happens every year.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the high was 78

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I watched a quarter or so of SNF at a bar next to some college student who was talking big about having put $350 on the Giants +3.5, but he slunk out at halftime. God speed you, young idiot.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

How many more teams will give Sam Bradford the opportunity to steal money from them?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Santheb posted:

How many more teams will give Sam Bradford the opportunity to steal money from them?

I hope many more. He will somehow wind up a billionaire by the end of his career.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

When can I start undermining his achievements like they did Russell :colbert:

Just kidding, Mahomes owns.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I honestly don't know how anyone can still be that passionate after all the years of Browns futility. Also how did this man not beat himself to death last season?

The tie last week gave them hope, the cruelest gift imaginable.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Looks like captain check down Alex Smith is back, Chris Thompson had 14 targets for the Redskins today. 6 more than any receiver.

The Colts basically sat back and waited for all the underneath throws.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RealFRamirez/status/1041381752864796672?s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Codependent Poster posted:

The redskins last drive was the most Alex Smith thing ever.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

They knew that the Redskins were not going to attempt anything risky and that they had shut down the running game hard. That game was brutal to watch from the Redskins perspective. Gruden said it himself. Couldn’t find any rhythm as a play caller and the team suffered for it. There were a couple play actions passes where the Colts had a dude just hit it on the nose both times and Smith got creamed.

Defense wasn’t much better. Turns out Arizona is super horrible and the Redskins might not be too far ahead of them. Also, lol at 57,000 showing up to FedEx today. lovely stadium + lovely gameday experience + “the forecast” from early this week + not good team = what you saw today. Get hosed Snyder.

edit: for real though FedEx field is the pits

Santheb fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 17, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The Cardinals might be the worst team I've ever watched.

Would not be surprised at a 0-16 season.

They are trash at every single part of the game.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Its Rinaldo posted:

When can I start undermining his achievements like they did Russell :colbert:

Just kidding, Mahomes owns.

No need, Andy Reid will be undermining him in the playoffs.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Dear Giants,

It was fun (that's a lie), maybe next year will be better (it won't).

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

LabyaMynora posted:

No need, Andy Reid will be undermining him in the playoffs.

Clock management is less relevant if you can funsling to 40+ every game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Dave posted:

Dear Giants,

It was fun (that's a lie), maybe next year will be better (it won't).

Hey who can’t enjoy lots of Eli-face in a game. With 6+ sacks per and dozens more hits you’re gonna see it a lot. Happened so much last night Cris and Al were pointing it out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Remember in 2016 when the Giants had a sick nasty defense?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are a mash unit on their offensive line and that's really hindering their playcalling.

That said, DJ Moore needs to start. Torrey Smith offers nothing at this point, and Funchess isn't a number 1.

Shaq was abused by play action backside against the Falcons, which is pretty par for the course against the Falcons. They've been running the same four plays against Carolina since 2008. Maybe one day the Panthers will learn some backside discipline.

No reason the Panthers shouldn't have had four shots at the end zone instead of one. The Panthers don't know how to run a 2 minute offense, and I doubt they ever practice it. They never spiked the ball to stop the clock, they never rushed to the line. They played the whole thing like they were getting in to position for one 40 yard heave into the end zone as time expired. That's a ron rivera thing; he doesn't understand offensive playcalling in the modern nfl.

The Panthers need a goddamn safety, but that's not going to change until Rivera is gone. He just doesn't believe in the position, and the Falcons just gashed them time after time yesterday.

One of the Panthers worst defensive games in a while yesterday.

Hopefully they can steal a game this week against Andey and get into the bye and heal up.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the Virgin Tom lost to the Chad Bort

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'd just like to nominate Spider 0-2 Y Banana as one of my favourite TFF titles since Witten's retirement.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

sean10mm posted:

Clock management is less relevant if you can funsling to 40+ every game.

Let me tell you about scoring 40 points and losing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

A.o.D. posted:

Let me tell you about scoring 40 points and losing

It's all Tony Romo's fault.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Remember that the Chiefs had a hot start last year and everyone was crowning them champs come week 5?

Yeah, the Chiefs always start hot then taper out towards the end of the year

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Does anyone have a gif or video of Kendricks getting called for roughing the passer on the Packer's last drive of the first half? It wasn't at a game-changing point in the game like the one called on Matthews, but I remember it being a very similar tackle that got a flag.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Hopefully they can steal a game this week against Andey and get into the bye and heal up.

I expect y'all to win, it's a bad match up for Cinci.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So here's the list of passer ratings for the week, this probably isn't healthy for the sport:

To put it in perspective, Aaron Rodgers career passer rating would be in the bottom half of this list.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Ramadu posted:

My friend, let me introduce you to the New York Giants

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ramadu posted:

David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald rule though

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Both the Cards and the Giants would whip the Bills by at least 10 points

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

So here's the list of passer ratings for the week, this probably isn't healthy for the sport:

Only 6 QBs with a passer rating lower than 80?! :psyduck:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

weird Asian candy posted:

Only 6 QBs with a passer rating lower than 80?! :psyduck:
And one of them wasnt Bortles?! :psyboom:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

one of them wasn't even Blaine Gabbert

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What a world we live in...

Kalli, who are the top 5 and bottom 5?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kalli posted:

To put it in perspective, Aaron Rodgers career passer rating would be in the bottom half of this list.

Actually that's great for the league. Shootouts baby

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm a fan of shootouts so I'm on team score more points.

mastershakeman posted:

Actually that's great for the league. Shootouts baby

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

What a world we live in...

Kalli, who are the top 5 and bottom 5?

Top 5: Mahomes / Fitzmagic / Rivers / Tannehill / Cousins

Bottom 5: Bradford / Keenum / Allen / Darnold / Flacco