Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

during the ‘08 campaign a friend of mine’s italian family was sure that obama was gonna round up all the racists and put them in concentration camps

louisiana has a p large italian population and they tend to be racist as fuuuuuuuck

That was supposed to be phase 2, phase 1 was him taking everyone's guns way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
obama's real plan was to steal all the guns, and then present them as a heartfelt token of affection to the banking industry.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I'll have you know that as Shadow President Barrack Hussein Obama's islamic communism czar i'm authorized to inform you that we're still working on taking away all the guns, white genocide and universal healthcare (trust the plan)

oh ok
Oct 11, 2004

Alternate... universe... Shauna... fails... BECHAMEL TEST.

(Passim)
The last hospital for miles in the Trump stronghold of McKenzie, TN just closed because of the state's refusal of Medicare expansion. Trumptards will likely die because of it. A feelgood story, the last line really makes it.

quote:

Dr. Hames and his colleagues learned they would be out of work abruptly back in July. Hospital officials told staff members they would be closing the E.R. in six weeks, leaving most employees in shock and with little time to search for another job.

"Our hospital has been an anchor in this town for 44 years, without it, it's like losing a right arm," says Mayor Jill Holland who has been working with state officials to try to keep the hospital open.

Mayor Holland is worried that without the hospital, businesses will decide not to relocate to McKenzie. This is a city already struggling economically where last year the average person made just $32,000. But Mayor Holland's biggest concern is for patients who need critical medical care and will now be forced to drive 20 to 30 minutes when suffering from a stroke or heart attack.

"There will be people that die as a result of this," she says.

While McKenzie will still operate an ambulance service officials here are worried that during inclement weather patients won't get to neighboring hospitals fast enough. At least two roads out of town notoriously flood during heavy rains, meaning patients could losing precious minutes in a life or death situation.

"I'm angry, I'm stunned, I'm concerned for the people here," says Physician Assistant Katherine Cummings.

"To know that these people who live here are struggling and working so hard are going to have yet another disadvantage just because of where they were born, it's not right," she says.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/consequences-deadly-as-more-tn-hospitals-close

oh ok has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Sep 15, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oh ok posted:

The last hospital for miles in the Trump stronghold of McKenzie, TN just closed because of the state's refusal of Medicare expansion. Trumptards will likely die because of it. A feelgood story, the last line really makes it.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/consequences-deadly-as-more-tn-hospitals-close

that owns

except for the leftists there, that blows for all like 5 of them i assume

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

eonwe posted:

that owns

except for the leftists there, that blows for all like 5 of them i assume

quote:

The population was 5,310 at the 2010 census.

Not as big as I was expecting, tbh.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Not as big as I was expecting, tbh.

turn on your monitor

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I don’t think that’s right. Isn’t it more of a straight “oh” sound? Or is that just Norwegian bokmål?

In Bokmal it's like oh like "oh hi"

Dunno about Danish it's the potato in the mouth language.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

oh ok posted:

"Have a great time!"

:smugdon:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

I don’t think that’s right. Isn’t it more of a straight “oh” sound? Or is that just Norwegian bokmål?
Stretching out the initial sound of "oh" sounds right to me.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

In Bokmal it's like oh like "oh hi"

Dunno about Danish it's the potato in the mouth language.
Ya'll are just mad we dominate the top spot of European languages when it comes to vowel sounds - 32 to your 19 in second place.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Like German, all Danish vowels are monophthongs. It's part of what makes those languages sound kind of harsh and barking.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Kamelåså

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Like German, all Danish vowels are monophthongs. It's part of what makes those languages sound kind of harsh and barking.

what

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Linguists starting to foul up the place, this is y'all's warning, don't make me bust out the sapir-whorf paddle

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
O kurwa.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

Linguists starting to foul up the place, this is y'all's warning, don't make me bust out the sapir-whorf paddle

You monster

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Kamelåså

You just bought ten cartons of milk from me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Avirosb posted:

Kamelåså

Ahh Kamelåså
*hands over a file*

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 14:42 on Sep 16, 2018

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Krankenstyle posted:

sometimes i think "ugh the racists are coopting the danish flag, now i cant flag" but then i remember that i dont flag because its weird as hell to do so

Nation states are bad and nationalism belongs to the racists hth

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Danish makes more letters rather than re-use vowels for different or more complex sounds.

I think

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Finns have the best vowels. They have vowels which are not allowed to appear in the same word together.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finns also have the best bowels

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Blast of Confetti posted:

finns also have the best bowels

Where do they store them

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I'm gonna be honest guys, the hatred you have for Trump voters is the same hatred I have for Hillary primary voters

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a vote for hillary in the primary was effectively a vote for trump so thats understandable

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

a vote for hillary in the primary was effectively a vote for trump so thats understandable

Trump was right... Black people do love him!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Danish makes more letters rather than re-use vowels for different or more complex sounds.

I think

A monophtong is a vowel sound which contains a single vocalization, like "e" or "oo," as opposed to a diphthong which contains two separate vocalizations. Like, "a" would phonetically be written as /ai/ or something like "eh-ee." Languages which generally rely on diphthongs are softer and more flowing, while monophthongs make for more harsh and abrupt words. Basically all swears in English are monophthongs, for example.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

oh ok posted:

lol chuds continue to self own

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

oh ok posted:

quote:

McKenzie Regional is also the only birthing center in a three county radius. As a result, EMT drivers are now being trained to deliver babies.

"It's safe to say there could be babies born on the side of the road trying to get to Jackson," Dr. Hames said. 

:tif:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

EMTs are barely paid above minimum wage unless they're with the fire department

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

oh ok posted:

Does knowingly and willfully voting for the Close My Hospital Party count as white self deportation?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

I'm gonna be honest guys, the hatred you have for Trump voters is the same hatred I have for Hillary primary voters

they’re all lanyards and rich dipshits and wine moms so they’ll never be killed by their politics unless their tesla locks up and explodes on the way to a joe biden donor dinner

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Epic High Five posted:

EMTs are barely paid above minimum wage unless they're with the fire department

Yeah most are volunteer in my state.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
let them give birth using midwives so the trump admin can deport their kids

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

let them give birth using midwives so the trump admin can deport their kids

:cry:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Potato Salad posted:

Does knowingly and willfully voting for the Close My Hospital Party count as white self deportation?

It's a free market solution to baby boomer death camps.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/redwhiskeypete/status/1041521961426452480
https://twitter.com/PlowboyHampton/status/1041486017721786368
https://twitter.com/MichaelDalley12/status/1041474213826244608

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

RIP that guy's rear end.

#prayformichaelsass

bloom
Feb 25, 2017