Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sajobi posted:

I like S3 of Twin Peaks more than S2. I mean S2 was horrid in the middle.

This not an unpopular opinion. It's universally accepted that s2 of Twin Peaks was disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

Close the world, Open the nExt

Guy Goodbody posted:

This not an unpopular opinion. It's universally accepted that s2 of Twin Peaks was disappointing.

Oh, my bad. The ending of s2 was really good, but rest was just weird (and not in a good David Lynch way)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The start of season two is good up until the network made Lynch reveal the killer and then we got 406 years of james and his massive head being a massive boring shite

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

James was always cool. :colbert:

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

Solice Kirsk posted:

James was always cool. :colbert:

So what would you say was the point of his subplot in S2?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

sajobi posted:

So what would you say was the point of his subplot in S2?

That even outside of Twin Peaks there was misery, deception, and lovely love affairs, and he wouldn't be able to escape his hometown entirely.

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

JebanyPedal posted:

That even outside of Twin Peaks there was misery, deception, and lovely love affairs, and he wouldn't be able to escape his hometown entirely.

Fair enough, I really didn't get anything out of it, just generic whatever affair with boring James. Same with that stupid Nadine plot.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

sajobi posted:

Fair enough, I really didn't get anything out of it, just generic whatever affair with boring James. Same with that stupid Nadine plot.

It was horribly executed tho so I'm not saying it was good, just that I saw what their intentions were.

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

The start of season two is good up until the network made Lynch reveal the killer and then we got 406 years of james and his massive head being a massive boring shite

I would say last episode of S2 is Lynch at his best.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

sajobi posted:

Yah that last episode of S2 is easily my favorite of the original seasons. The finale of S3 is my personal favorite of the whole show though just because of how utterly emotionally hosed it had me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Twin Peaks season 1 and the first part of season 2 may legit be the best TV that has ever been written. It was just so weird and compelling. The perfect blend of Lynch and soap opera. Season 3 was pretty good. I do miss the TVIV thread for it. People trying to figure out what Lynch "means" with his stuff will never not be funny to me.

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

JebanyPedal posted:

Yah that last episode of S2 is easily my favorite of the original seasons. The finale of S3 is my personal favorite of the whole show though just because of how utterly emotionally hosed it had me.

Yeah, finale of S3 was one of those moments where I just kinda sat there with jaw on the ground 10 minutes after it was over. Although my favourite was probably that weird experimental episode 8.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

JebanyPedal posted:

You’ll Never Leave Twin Peaks Alive

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Mr. Snickerdoodles posted:

I must be illiterate because I can't figure out what the gently caress you're trying to say here.

Lucky you, unlucky me :(

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

sajobi posted:

Ya it owns, it's also him doing everything he can to get a third season so there's a lot going on. I really need to watch the return.

Windom Earle was such a disappointment in season two

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Ya it owns, it's also him doing everything he can to get a third season so there's a lot going on. I really need to watch the return.

Him dressing up like a horse and shooting people with a tranquilizer gun will never not be awesome. The man is a criminal genius!

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

Well, Return has both Lynch and Frost really wanting to create something so you gotta see it, it's great.

Windom Earle was really disappointing yeah, great actor just wasted because ABC network didn't know what the gently caress to do with the show

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Boneless wings are better than bone-in wings.

Yes, I love having to bite through fat, gristle, flabby skin and bone to get at the half-mouthful of meat present on a chicken wing!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tony Gunk posted:

Yes, I love having to bite through fat, gristle, flabby skin and bone to get at the half-mouthful of meat present on a chicken wing!

Quit eating my mom's rear end and calling it a bone-in.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tony Gunk posted:

I kind of agree but I still like the bone experience. Boneless wings are glorified chicken nuggets. Nobody will say yes if you ask "hey want to go to the bar and get a shitload of chicken nugget and beers" but if you say wings they will.

other wing opinion: "naked" wings are gross, you need the breading to absorb the sauce. One of the only times I sent food back was a plate of 50 wings (not just for me, I swear) that were naked. They just looked dry and unappealing. They were pissed about it but when you end up cooking a shitload of a non-default order that we definitely didn't order, that's 100% on you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Nobody will say yes if you ask "hey want to go to the bar and get a shitload of chicken nugget and beers"
Speak for yourself.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Agreed on both wing opinions.

There’s some fun in getting wings at a dedicated place that gives you a bucket and wet cloths and getting all messyy but otherwise, boneless 4ever.

Why do naked wings even exist? It seems like a health decision but you don’t get wings as a low cal choice period!!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like wings to have a very light batter. You can see it done that way in some Japanese or Korean places. The default American way with thick batter is gross.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

I like wings to have a very light batter. You can see it done that way in some Japanese or Korean places. The default American way with thick batter is gross.

Japanese fried chicken usually uses potato starch instead of flour in the batter, and it's fried twice for short periods time instead of all in one go. That's why it's lighter and less greasy

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Tony Gunk posted:

I agree and will raise you. I can't stand any bone-in meats. I don't like to be reminded that my food was alive. :cripes:

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Nobody will say yes if you ask "hey want to go to the bar and get a shitload of chicken nugget and beers" but if you say wings they will.

Yeah and amazingly we solved this problem by calling them....wait for it....boneless fuckin wings

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Wings, like ribs, are too much effort for the meat involved.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Technically correct is the worst kind of correct.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Yeah and amazingly we solved this problem by calling them....wait for it....boneless fuckin wings

Eating boneless wings is like riding a bicycle with training wheels or asking for a fork at a sushi restaurant: cute when you’re four, but a sure sign of degeneracy in adults.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought naked wings meant they didn't have sauce on them. I guess I'm in the minority of liking unbreaded wings better than breaded. The breading just gets all mooshy and gross from the sauce unless you eat all of them in like 2 seconds.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I can’t think of a single place in my immediate area that has breaded wings. Maybe it’s a regional thing?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo the wrongness. Boneless wings don't have half the flavor of good wingmeat and you don't loving bread a god damned chicken wing like half the point of a chicken wing is the slightly crispy chicken skin. Boneless chicken wings are just chicken nuggets and if you are going to eat them at least like dunk them in sauce so they aren't gross and soggy.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought naked wings meant they didn't have sauce on them. I guess I'm in the minority of liking unbreaded wings better than breaded. The breading just gets all mooshy and gross from the sauce unless you eat all of them in like 2 seconds.

burial posted:

I can’t think of a single place in my immediate area that has breaded wings. Maybe it’s a regional thing?

Elfgames posted:

Holy poo poo the wrongness. Boneless wings don't have half the flavor of good wingmeat and you don't loving bread a god damned chicken wing like half the point of a chicken wing is the slightly crispy chicken skin. Boneless chicken wings are just chicken nuggets and if you are going to eat them at least like dunk them in sauce so they aren't gross and soggy.

Men of reason! Thank the gods

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When I make wings I just put some spiced up flour on them with no egg or anything and knock off as much as possible and you wouldn't even know it's there if I didn't tell you, but it makes the skin super crunchy.

boneless wings are for kindergarteners. Most of the best meat is on a bone.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Ommin posted:

I agree and will raise you. I can't stand any bone-in meats. I don't like to be reminded that my food was alive. :cripes:

Does the bone accomplish that more than the label 'chicken'?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Caufman posted:

Does the bone accomplish that more than the label 'chicken'?

Absolutely, but mind you, I never claimed to be a rational man.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Makes sense to me. Words are made by humans, but bone predates language.

Either way, running away from the facts cannot heal suffering. Life feeds on life. Consume mindfully. Turn inwardly to face the chicken with respect to its lifelong sacrifice and pain. Make amends perpetually. And with this practice, soon you will be eating tofu and humanity with joy and equanimity.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Eat the whole wings and poop the bones out like an owl or get out, that’s my rule.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Ommin posted:

Absolutely the opposite of this.

Not only are bone-in products more tasty I need to be reminded that the food was alive because it makes me appreciate it even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wind in the Willows sucks rear end