Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

As was recently pointed out to me in another thread, you're not supposed to post in here, because we - as Germans - should not be posting in GiP, because we are not veterans

I'm neither American nor a veteran and they gave me a ban hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/radiofreetom/status/1041394558339362817?s=21

Good idea Tom let’s let 12 year olds vote.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Why even reach that far back. Trump just got elected after having a tape dropping where he bragged about sexual assault. Gotta improve that whataboutism game Tom.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm actually impressed by the amount of employed government officials that are not just willing to carry the water, but cut proper promos for this trainwreck

Most senior positions for agencies/departments (think the top ~5ish levels) are appointed positions. Usually, the lower tiers will be a mix of career officials along with "political appointees" but all of them are appointed, and well...

The agency/department head pretty much has to tow the line publicly or it's dismissal time. Hence why there was such a hub-hub about that op-ed piece the other week.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008

I get the feeling this guy spends a LOT of time on his knees

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

do you not know what context clues are? A bunch of cops wearing cammies that are masked up and throwing the OK sign en masse after making an arrest makes it pretty clear what their intention is.

Same thing when some dude with a poo poo eating grin is throwing it up while next to a politician.

believing there are shitloads of nazis crawling around is the first step to solving the nazi problem, so yeah while "hurr triggered lib" is sort of kind of vaguely okay not really at all describing that recognition step (but let's work within that logic for a moment) it's important to know what they look like and how they signal to one another so that they can be spotted, called out, and handled appropriately, like that fucker in the coast guard who got busted and taken off the florence response activities because he kept leering at the news camera before flashing that poo poo at the camera poorly disguised as scratching his ear or something.

A nazi without a soapbox is just a bitter isolated racist who's back to being afraid to show off his swastika in public.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I'm neither American nor a veteran and they gave me a ban hammer

You're GIP's Wimp Lo.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

It wasn't just anyone who accused Brett Kavanaugh of trying to rape her. It was Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, a world renowned psychologist and professor of clinical psychology at Stanford University. There was also a 3rd person in the room, one of Kavanaugh's friends, who stopped the assault, although their identity remains unknown.

She has 2nd-hand notes from her therapist going all the way back to 2012 detailing the assault, proving this is not a partisan political attack against a SCOTUS nominee, and she didn't even wanna come forward until her name was leaked to the press.

Kavanaugh and his friend brought Christine up to the bedroom of a house, Kavanaugh was piss drunk, and he pinned her on the bed, began groping her, and attempted to remove her clothes. When she tried to scream he covered her mouth with his hands, and she thought she might get suffocated. The friend then jumped on the bed, knocked them both off, allowing her to escape. She was 15 years old, he was 17. The age of consent in Maryland is 16 and I don't believe they had Romeo & Juliet laws on the books during that time frame.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Somebody please help me find somewhere that will print this

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Yeah but Sergg boys will be boys.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Sergg posted:

It wasn't just anyone who accused Brett Kavanaugh of trying to rape her. It was Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, a world renowned psychologist and professor of clinical psychology at Stanford University. There was also a 3rd person in the room, one of Kavanaugh's friends, who stopped the assault, although their identity remains unknown.

She has 2nd-hand notes from her therapist going all the way back to 2012 detailing the assault, proving this is not a partisan political attack against a SCOTUS nominee, and she didn't even wanna come forward until her name was leaked to the press.

Kavanaugh and his friend brought Christine up to the bedroom of a house, Kavanaugh was piss drunk, and he pinned her on the bed, began groping her, and attempted to remove her clothes. When she tried to scream he covered her mouth with his hands, and she thought she might get suffocated. The friend then jumped on the bed, knocked them both off, allowing her to escape. She was 15 years old, he was 17. The age of consent in Maryland is 16 and I don't believe they had Romeo & Juliet laws on the books during that time frame.

Some of this is wrong, I believe. Guy in the room is known, says it didn't happen. There were two other people who were downstairs, WaPo seems to know their identities but is not disclosing them yet and they haven't responded to requests for comment. They didn't take her up to a bedroom, she was walking to the bathroom and the two guys followed her and shoved her into the bedroom.

Pretty sure statute of limitations on this is expired, and it was clearly non-consensual, so not sure why it matters what their ages were.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
At this point it's about slinging more and more poo poo at Kavanaugh to make him look more like a disgusting excuse for a human being so that (if you have a sense of optimism) once Democrats take power they can say stuff like "They stole one seat and put a rapist on the other. Now they're loving up the country. It's time to fix this, and Republicans are still voting against removing him. Here's two more nominations."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jeff Flake is wafflling on the nomination atm

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

He's retiring so if there was a time to stop being a coward it might as well be now.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Crakkerjakk posted:

and it was clearly non-consensual, so not sure why it matters what their ages were.

Depends on the state but I know of at least one instance where the difference is lifetime GPS monitoring.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

McNally posted:

You're GIP's Wimp Lo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1rjq5emKY

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Let's lighten things up:

Why does Trump have sex exclusively in the standing position?

A: Because Donnie can only gently caress up

I first heard this one about Reagan

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Malah posted:

if they have problems with moderation decisions, there's a handy thread in QCS they can take it to!

Alternately we can handle our own loving dirty laundry most of the time.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mister Sinewave posted:

Let's lighten things up:

How does Trump plan on getting rid of all the Mexican illegals?

Juan by Juan.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I like Tom, but he says dumb poo poo like this and it's honestly like "What the gently caress did you want me to do about it, Tom? I was six when he got elected. I'm dealing with now, not how my mom voted." He's also really bad about millennial bashing despite the fact he gets just as incensed that people give millennial's poo poo for getting degrees in the liberal arts.

Moderation chat. I'd say, if a cop doing a bad shoot or action is a thing in the news, let it fly. This threads usually pretty good about it, and if we get the ACAB takes, so be it. If it gets out of hand, issue a warning to move on till a new development hits, don't kill legit discussion because a couple of people can't be bothered to post something more substantive than "I lust for cop death".

EDIT: Also Tom is now whining that we should hold a 53 year old accountable for the actions of a 17 year old. Pretty sure all of us here did a ton of dumb poo poo when we were teenagers. Sexual assault isn't dumb poo poo, it's sexual assault, 17 or not. JFC.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 17, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mister Sinewave posted:

Let's lighten things up:

I'd heard it about Bush but it was worded a little differently, like, why does W like a woman on top?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
So the Kavanaugh accuser donates to the DNC

A massive $72 in 3 years, what a scandal

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1041397738645028864

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

So the Kavanaugh accuser donates to the DNC

A massive $72 in 3 years, what a scandal

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1041397738645028864

drat, I bet she even voted for Democrats

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Corker too. It's hard to figure out how much of this is just bullshit "I am troubled" Senatorspeak, if they're just looking for a fig leaf investigation, or if they really want full Anita Hill-level testimony.

I still don't think this changes anything much, but a nice, simple confirmation is now leading towards a shitload of negative headlines and likely Trump tweets.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:stare:

What a hosed-up thing to say.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

:stare:

What a hosed-up thing to say.

Exactly, Every Breathe You Take is garbage compared to other Police songs

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nick Soapdish posted:

Exactly, Every Breathe You Take is garbage compared to other Police songs

yeah but puff daddy didn't sample those

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/IChotiner/status/1041456852188356608?s=20

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

tnk 4 cervix

Also that police song is mad creepy.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’d like to think if wrongfully convicted I wouldn’t come out just angry or terribly diving into selfish bullshit or vices, but man I dunno.

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1041393783080857600?s=21

Also:

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1041119772107132929?s=21

https://twitter.com/gamlinlakeid/status/1041124787039297536?s=21

Of course conservatives will say that Spain is white and so actually it’s white people who lack representation because of PR.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

How is their lack of statehood a race issue?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Godholio posted:

How is their lack of statehood a race issue?

The Usual

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Fair for PR, but I personally think depriving DC residents of representation is hosed up.

Also I’m fairly confident that if PR tried hard for statehood, the GOP would harshly oppose it.

Regardless, the senate will become an increasingly anti-democratic force in the future.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Puerto Rico, Guam, and DC all need to be states soon.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Yo Vas I haven’t had a good existential crisis
w/r/t environmental collapse in a while so, you know, do me up.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
making puerto rico a state should be one of the dems top priorities when they take power imo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Except Puerto Ricans don't seem particularly interested in statehood. In their five referendums, the only time they voted for statehood was when the "status quo" party boycotted the referendum, and there was only 23% turnout.

And giving DC statehood is rife with issues. I mean...how can it possibly be anything but hilariously corrupt (even by 2018 standards)?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Godholio posted:

Except Puerto Ricans don't seem particularly interested in statehood. In their five referendums, the only time they voted for statehood was when the "status quo" party boycotted the referendum, and there was only 23% turnout.

And giving DC statehood is rife with issues. I mean...how can it possibly be anything but hilariously corrupt (even by 2018 standards)?

I dunno, Canberra is the Australian equivalent, and while it's a territory not a state, it has a local government that generally manages to be one of the better ones.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Arson Daily posted:

Yo Vas I haven’t had a good existential crisis
w/r/t environmental collapse in a while so, you know, do me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhbdyNnUliM

fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wait the kavanaugh accuser took and passed a polygraph

And submitted notes from her therapist

drat

• Locked thread