Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: whoah white did alright. Anyone else up 2-0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I need their Chris Carson and SEA D/ST to score 10 points less than my Will Dissly... :ohdear:

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
I'm probably going to pull the plug on Njoku. Howard and James are both on the wire.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
0-2 with my opponents putting up a combined 370 points against me - most points against by far. Cool cool.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 17, 2018

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hmm maybe my sell David Johnson thoughts this week weren’t insane. I’m stuck now

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Saddamnit posted:

I'm probably going to pull the plug on Njoku. Howard and James are both on the wire.

I don’t know what to think about Jesse James. I would definitely take him over Njoku right now, but I don’t know whether to expect him to keep getting decent volume (for a non premier TE) or not. Can he sustain 5 targets a game? That would be right around top 10 targets for TEs last year.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Saddamnit posted:

Same with RSJ, unless they pull Sammy Biscuits. I want none of that desert offense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Suave Fedora posted:

Same with RSJ, unless they pull Sammy Biscuits. I want none of that desert offense.

Yeah I was a huge RSJ booster but I'm pulling the ripcord on that whole situation.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Edit: whoah white did alright. Anyone else up 2-0?

I'm up 70 with my opponent having Allen Hurns and two idps left, so I'm feeling vaguely optimistic

e: ok, so unless danny trevathan gets 10 interceptions tomorrow I should be safe

Azhais fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 17, 2018

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Ok this is an emergency, in 1ppr do I accept a trade offer of Jordan Reed, Ajayi and T.J. Yeldon for my McCaffery

I’m starting Gurley and mccaffery at RB and Kittle at TE with Conner as my flex, I’m not pressed to “fix” my TE situation given I traded Keelan Cole and Ben Watson for Kittle already. But I don’t want to feel like a idiot for not considering the offer, even though McCaffery is a ppr monster and Olsen is dead (I also wound up drafting Olsen and swiftly replacing him)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Big Jay Cutler posted:

Ok this is an emergency, in 1ppr do I accept a trade offer of Jordan Reed, Ajayi and T.J. Yeldon for my McCaffery

I’m starting Gurley and mccaffery at RB and Kittle at TE with Conner as my flex, I’m not pressed to “fix” my TE situation given I traded Keelan Cole and Ben Watson for Kittle already. But I don’t want to feel like a idiot for not considering the offer, even though McCaffery is a ppr monster and Olsen is dead (I also wound up drafting Olsen and swiftly replacing him)

Hell loving no. You're taking a stable slot and creating a hellish roster mess out of it.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Big nope. When someone offers you two players, beware. When three, run.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I need the Chicago D to be held to less than 8 points tomorrow. How good are my odds?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Vargo posted:

I need the Chicago D to be held to less than 8 points tomorrow. How good are my odds?

So you just need the Seattle offensive line to adequately stop or slow Khalil Mack is what you're saying

Hoo boy

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Yeah I’m with ya here. Sunk cost is gonna suck on DJ and Fitz but I can’t afford to keep trotting guys out there who are being given 0 opportunity by their QB. 6 points in 8 quarters of play is a huge cause for concern.

When am I gonna stop drafting players from bad offenses

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Big Jay Cutler posted:

Do not consider this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Big Jay Cutler posted:

Yeah, wtf? That's an RB1 for TE who constantly gets injured, a back on a struggling offense and another one who's only top on the depth chart while a much more talented runner is out with a minor injury. That's a terrible trade for you.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Was it after week 1?

Yes. I traded Melvin Gordon ($159) & Derek Carr ($48) for David Johnson ($200), Jordan Reed ($20, TE Premium league) and a 1st round pick. So, I got a first rounder to go with it.

But, mannn. I know it was rough with the Cardinals going up against the Rams defense. Thought I was buying low on DJ. They need to sit Bradford bad. I also wasn't aware that the coach calling the plays in Arizona is the guy who refused to use Melvin Gordon as a pass catcher. poo poo.

Oh well. Can't afford to keep DJ after this season when his cost goes to $220 next year anyways.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

We need to add something to the OP that says, "90% of the time, when you are evaluating trades, whomever gets the best stud, wins."

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
David Johnson is the best stud.

His team just loving sucks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

Yes. I traded Melvin Gordon ($159) & Derek Carr ($48) for David Johnson ($200), Jordan Reed ($20, TE Premium league) and a 1st round pick. So, I got a first rounder to go with it.

But, mannn. I know it was rough with the Cardinals going up against the Rams defense. Thought I was buying low on DJ. They need to sit Bradford bad. I also wasn't aware that the coach calling the plays in Arizona is the guy who refused to use Melvin Gordon as a pass catcher. poo poo.

Oh well. Can't afford to keep DJ after this season when his cost goes to $220 next year anyways.

you're treating your dynasty team as if it were redraft. One game doesnt mean much and dj has many more years of production in him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

you're treating your dynasty team as if it were redraft. One game doesnt mean much and dj has many more years of production in him.

I don't remember how deep it is, but pretty sure it's 2 QB and a few extra starters, so regardless of how good DJ is for how many years, it's extremely tough to sink almost 1/4 of his cap into one player and that means he's only going to get him for this year

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Leperflesh posted:

I think he has posted a couple of times that he is in ridiculous cap trouble and has to make these trades so he can afford his other studs down the line.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

sourdough posted:

I don't remember how deep it is, but pretty sure it's 2 QB and a few extra starters, so regardless of how good DJ is for how many years, it's extremely tough to sink almost 1/4 of his cap into one player and that means he's only going to get him for this year

Yup, this. It's a Startup. $1000 budget But, since we just started with a clean slate, most players are budgeted accordingly. 10% annual increase on contracts (or $10, whichever is higher). So, next year DJ will cost pretty much 1/4th my cap. My team is pretty much studs and duds. So, some high priced player will definitely have to go next year.

There's been lots of trades since the startup draft. All Top 15 players mostly. But that's mostly everyone settling in to their teams.

I diiiid hit on having Phillip Lindsay on my taxi squad, though. Costs me $1. That's kinda cool.

OxySnake posted:

I think he has posted a couple of times that he is in ridiculous cap trouble and has to make these trades so he can afford his other studs down the line.

Pretty much. Maybe I'm overvaluing a 1st round pick in dynasty, but now I have two of them (at the expense of my 2nd). Then DJ seemed like a clear upgrade and adding Jordan Reed to play next to Ertz in TE 1PPR, 1First Down seemed like a great play. (Ertz scored 25 pts this week without a TD)

It's only 2 weeks but drat Arizona looks garbage.

89 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 17, 2018

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Week 2 rushing leaders were Breida, Coleman, and Lindsay. Just like we all thought.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

89 posted:

It's only 2 weeks but drat Arizona looks garbage.

Week 1 average separation from the nearest defender at the time of the catch/incompletion.

Week 2

Nobody is open and Bradford's passer rating is dead last among healthy starters (I can't in good faith keep Peterman as a point of comparison for anybody, he's just too bad).

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So, how should Aaron Rodgers owners react to his limited performance yesterday? Is it safe to say that's going to be the new norm for a while until he gets to rest that lingering injury? Is anyone selling?

My plan is to bench Rodgers for a while and stream QBs and/or start Fitzmagic until it looks like Aaron's back in DSYS territory.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

Week 1 average separation from the nearest defender at the time of the catch/incompletion.

Week 2

Nobody is open and Bradford's passer rating is dead last among healthy starters (I can't in good faith keep Peterman as a point of comparison for anybody, he's just too bad).

Where do you get this data?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

David Johnson is the best stud.

His team coach just loving sucks.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Where do you get this data?

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/game-center

They're also the one that does the route and carry charts, like this one of Breida being an absolute menace weaving all over the goddamned field.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sweet

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Nobody is open

Is this sarcasm? If not, I must not be reading this chart correctly because from here it looks like two guys in ARI are creating more mismatches than anyone else in the league.

I love this stuff so keep it coming

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Having Big Ben, Christian McCaffrey (in PPR), and Travis Kelce feels pretty drat good today.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just saw that Shady has busted ribs. Anyone thinking about grabbing Chris Ivory? Or are we just going to avoid all Bills players?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Is this sarcasm? If not, I must not be reading this chart correctly because from here it looks like two guys in ARI are creating more mismatches than anyone else in the league.

Big numbers mean "more open" (i.e. further distance from the nearest defender), and the black circle is league average. The only one above-average distance in both is TE Ricky Seals-Jones, who's usually "covered" by linebackers, had a bad drop week 1, and occasionally runs the wrong route (see: Bradfordception week 1).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

No, they're mostly below average.

I never understood the logic of a radar chart when a bar graph would be easier to comprehend. Not trying to poo poo on Forever Peace but I see it a lot in fantasy and I don't know why.

EDIT: Oh, so it's straight from NGS. That sucks.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 17, 2018

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

pubic works project posted:

Just saw that Shady has busted ribs. Anyone thinking about grabbing Chris Ivory? Or are we just going to avoid all Bills players?

They are saying Shady is going to attempt to play through it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And Rotoworld just announced that he didn't break his ribs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And Rotoworld just announced that he didn't break his ribs.

God dammit, make up your mind McCoy/Rotoworld!!! :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

pubic works project posted:

I had to sit through most of that game yesterday to humor my buddy from Buffalo who just got Sunday Ticket. I don't blame Vontae Davis one bit for retiring at halftime

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 17, 2018