Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Mothman is undeniably one of the sexiest cryptids and I hope building too close to his museum makes your settlement buildings randomly collapse.

Edit:
Hell ya top of the page baby
Here's some content for y'all, Tales from the Commonwealth is really good and is adding in a lot of good stuff. I really like the style of stitching together vanilla Sole Survivor lines for PC dialogue.

Wrr fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

When does this BETA start?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

FlamingLiberal posted:

October, a month before release. But let's talk about happier things.

Did you know that one of the most common explanations for the Mothman incidents was that the 'Mothman' was actually a particularly large and territorial (or playful or perhaps even curious) Barred Owl? It's true!

But do you know what else is true? Contrary to the white man's depiction of owls as wise and knowledgeable teachers, Native American mythology recognizes owls as bad omens. Some tribes even view them as the harbingers of death. Perhaps this 'Owl' was actually a spirit biding its time waiting for the Silver Bridge collapse, where it would snap up forty-six souls and deliver them to The Beyond.

This is just another wrinkle in the mystery of Point Pleasant!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Wrr posted:

Mothman is undeniably one of the sexiest cryptids and I hope building too close to his museum makes your settlement buildings randomly collapse.

Edit:
Hell ya top of the page baby
Here's some content for y'all, Tales from the Commonwealth is really good and is adding in a lot of good stuff. I really like the style of stitching together vanilla Sole Survivor lines for PC dialogue.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

hambeet posted:

Fallout NV DLCing.

So Old World Blues was rad, really enjoyed it. Leveled up a fuckload in there though so yeah. Went in at 27 and am now 36? Anyway headed off to do Dead Money... fuuucck it's boring. After OWB the setting is so meh. I found dog and christine the other day then went to bed because I was tired. It's a few days later now and I'm really struggling with the idea of firing it up again because of how boring it was.

How much longer does this one go on for?

Objectively just another couple hours but subjectively it goes on forever and never gets better.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FlamingLiberal posted:

2nd or 3rd week of October for xbox TBD for everyone else

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

hambeet posted:

Fallout NV DLCing.

So Old World Blues was rad, really enjoyed it. Leveled up a fuckload in there though so yeah. Went in at 27 and am now 36? Anyway headed off to do Dead Money... fuuucck it's boring. After OWB the setting is so meh. I found dog and christine the other day then went to bed because I was tired. It's a few days later now and I'm really struggling with the idea of firing it up again because of how boring it was.

How much longer does this one go on for?

A while, but if you can power through it you'll have some great equipment by the end of it. Just make sure you grab the snow globe before you leave because you can't ever come back (unless you're playing on the PC in which case console commands makes that a non issue). Also, if you don't mind cheating this is your chance to max out your agility stat via the clothing glitch (wear a piece of casual clothing such as the dirty spring outfit, return it to one of the vending machines while still wearing it, you'll keep the +1 agility permanently, you can repeat this trick with more clothes and it'll keep stacking until your agility stat is at 10) so it's not all bad.

That said, if you're really truly hating it you might want to go back to a save before you started and just blow the whole thing off because gameplay wise it's not getting better from here.

Father Wendigo posted:

October, a month before release. But let's talk about happier things.

Did you know that one of the most common explanations for the Mothman incidents was that the 'Mothman' was actually a particularly large and territorial (or playful or perhaps even curious) Barred Owl? It's true!

But do you know what else is true? Contrary to the white man's depiction of owls as wise and knowledgeable teachers, Native American mythology recognizes owls as bad omens. Some tribes even view them as the harbingers of death. Perhaps this 'Owl' was actually a spirit biding its time waiting for the Silver Bridge collapse, where it would snap up forty-six souls and deliver them to The Beyond.

This is just another wrinkle in the mystery of Point Pleasant!

Whaaaaat? That's crazy, barred owls are too cute to be evil! Just like mothman.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's a real shame that modding isn't going to be available on launch cos it's gonna take a long time for someone to make it so you can gently caress the big titty mothman

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

OwlFancier posted:

It's a real shame that modding isn't going to be available on launch cos it's gonna take a long time for someone to make it so you can gently caress the big titty mothman

Unless we hear otherwise, it's best to assume it'll be about as moddable as Elder Scrolls Online.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

dont be mean to me posted:

Unless we hear otherwise, it's best to assume it'll be about as moddable as Elder Scrolls Online.

Todd's assurance was pretty unambiguous, iirc.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I remember modding FFXI by replacing the moghome moogle data file with one for a dragon, so I had a dragon hanging out at home for me. That was cool. Maybe we can do that so I can admire mothman's elegant nude Better Bodies figure.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Todd's assurance was pretty unambiguous, iirc.

And you believe him why? They’ve lied or stretched truth to the thinnest margin when comes to their game, I don’t see this one being any different.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm just the messenger. dont be mean to me said "unless we hear otherwise".

E:fwiw, they've always delivered modding tools when they promised them, despite a lot of people being skeptical release after release

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 18, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Dead Money was my 2nd favorite DLC behind Old World Blues. I thought the atmosphere was really cool and enjoyed the characters

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the final raid boss of fallout 76 better be Ascended Todd

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

spit on my clit posted:

the final raid boss of fallout 76 better be Gaben

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

its not gonna be on steam

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

spit on my clit posted:

its not gonna be on steam

That's why Gaben is the final boss! You need to defeat him as a heavy handed metaphor for Steam's primacy in online gaming.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe I'm just really uncool or something but playing a Fallout game with no real quests except garbage you get from "terminals" and "robots" sounds like a really, extremely, unsatisfying gaming experience

Maybe playing with W33dlordbonerhitler420 and his two buddies next to me will elevate the experience as we gang up on some braindead bulletsponge enemy but I somehow doubt it

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

That's why Gaben is the final boss! You need to defeat him as a heavy handed metaphor for Steam's primacy in online gaming.

Weekly public quest to kill Ascended Gabe or else Steam gets the rights to Fallout and a new game is never made again.

Actually speaking of new games, I was at my FLGS yesterday and saw a display for a Fallout table top war game that is about to come out. It seems like it's more tactics focused with lots of minis but it could be interested. I might get a copy when its released. Called Fallout: Wasteland Warfare or something.

Wrr fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 18, 2018

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

Maybe I'm just really uncool or something but playing a Fallout game with no real quests except garbage you get from "terminals" and "robots" sounds like a really, extremely, unsatisfying gaming experience

Imagine playing an infinite version of Spaceship Zeta
And yes, with W33dlordbonerhitler420

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Wrr posted:

Weekly public quest to kill Ascended Gabe or else Steam gets the rights to Fallout and a new game is never made again.

Actually speaking of new games, I was at my FLGS yesterday and saw a display for a Fallout table top war game that is about to come out. It seems like it's more tactics focused with lots of minis but it could be interested. I might get a copy when its released. Called Fallout: Wasteland Warfare or something.

Yeah, I totally forgot to try and demo that during Gen Con this year.

I do have the FFG board game they did a year or two ago and, it's alright. Initial set up is complicated, but once you get going for a couple rounds the turns go fast enough. It is one of those few games you can play alone, since it's a players vs the game type game.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Back Hack posted:

And you believe him why? They’ve lied or stretched truth to the thinnest margin when comes to their game, I don’t see this one being any different.

Let's play this game again. Can you actually point to something that Bethesda has lied about?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Wrr posted:

Called Fallout: Wasteland Warfare or something.
I checked that out and nearly keeled over at the Kirby-era Games Workshop tier pricing for resin minitures. The rules and combat better be spectacular.

Werix posted:

I do have the FFG board game they did a year or two ago and, it's alright. Initial set up is complicated, but once you get going for a couple rounds the turns go fast enough. It is one of those few games you can play alone, since it's a players vs the game type game.
They've announced releasing a California Expansion for the FFG boardgame sometime in the near future, for what that's worth.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't see how Bethesda's claim that 76 will last "forever" is going to hold up considering their rather horrendous track record for fixing bugs before moving onto other projects.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't see how Bethesda's claim that 76 will last "forever" is going to hold up considering their rather horrendous track record for fixing bugs before moving onto other projects.

You can get the unofficial patch.

For $15.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
They are referring to the fact that from 2019 onward every game ever will be a lovely battle royale.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Maybe playing with W33dlordbonerhitler420 and his two buddies next to me will elevate the experience as we gang up on some braindead bulletsponge enemy but I somehow doubt it

It's going to be really bad and eventually they'll allow modders to make "quests" or something but only to distribute for Bethesda bucks via creation club. I honestly can't think of anything about the model for this game that looks like it might be good, like they keep talking about how they have systems that will prevent griefing and create a genuinely good online experience but it seems to me like every time I play a popular AAA game online it's all just racial slurs and creative loving with people

Smol posted:

They are referring to the fact that from 2019 onward every game ever will be a lovely battle royale.

f76 will definitely have BR

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fallout 76 will sell 7 million copies and you're all powerless to stop Todd Howard's Incredible Machine

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Smol posted:

I greatly dislike battle royale style games.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Frog Act posted:

f76 will definitely have BR

if you win the battle royale you will get both a free nuke and you will also have a hit put on you that the entire playerbase can get in on. their reward for killing you are more nukes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zelder posted:

Fallout 76 will sell 7 million copies and you're all powerless to stop Todd Howard's Incredible Machine
Oh probably, but I'm not going to support it

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What are gamers gonna do? NOT buy a AAA game by one of the biggest publishers?

Hahaha!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Oh probably, but I'm not going to support it

[Todd Howard tugs at collar, nervously]

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Releasing fallout 76 to own the flamingliberals

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I also suspect I will not support this game.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I also suspect I will not support this game.

I suspect Bethesda will not support this game (for long)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It's going to be just as big as Metal Gear Survive

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

corn in the bible posted:

It's going to be just as big as Metal Gear Survive

It'll be almost as good as mothership zeta

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Lots of my students are super hyped for this game so if it can get them to stop talking about Fortnite it's probably going to do 0kay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
There really is no hope for the future then...