Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
From what I've been told, It's impossible to cheat in FPP so this guy who picked up the game a week ago is probably legit good enough to have a 10 k/d, yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I'm sure the guy with a 47% headshot rate and a 10+ KDA isn't cheating

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

In addition to the matchmaking and game loading issues, I’ve also had problems when I first land where I pick up a gun and it doesn’t allow me to actually use it for about five seconds. It’s in my inventory, but it doesn’t show up as a selectable item in my hot keys lol.

Good game.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2NfhdZFC0

Note the 0 damage the nade does. Apparently garbage bags are not only bullet proof, they also absorb grenades.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

wackyjacky did a video with a signpost blocking a HE the same way

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ehud posted:

In addition to the matchmaking and game loading issues, I’ve also had problems when I first land where I pick up a gun and it doesn’t allow me to actually use it for about five seconds. It’s in my inventory, but it doesn’t show up as a selectable item in my hot keys lol.

Good game.

Huh, I had that a couple days ago with a grenade - landed, picked up armor and a nade, tried to throw it....and I punched the air. Looked down, and there wasn't a grenade in my weapon loadout. I hopped down a level, picked up a gun, tried to reload and magically there's now a grenade in my hands instead of a gun.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2NfhdZFC0

Note the 0 damage the nade does. Apparently garbage bags are not only bullet proof, they also absorb grenades.

Hefty Force Flex bags are the poo poo.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
just ran into a hacker for the first time in a while...or maybe they're more subtle than they were a while back

this guy had his mic open blasting music (to get attention from other players) but was managing to noclip his way inside rock walls in sanhok...

https://pubgtracker.com/history/pc/skmydkbb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28s4JJ9lfeU

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 16, 2018

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
it's reallllllllll loving weird playing a AAA br game, Blackout has it's issues but it's 10 million miles ahead of PUBG.

Also the throwing axe is the most satisfying poo poo to kill with.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Bang3r posted:

it's reallllllllll loving weird playing a AAA br game, Blackout has it's issues but it's 10 million miles ahead of PUBG.

Also the throwing axe is the most satisfying poo poo to kill with.

I mean everyone will use different milestones to track progress, but in COD you can run over stop signs no problem... in the beta.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

It isn't a BR unless your vehicle will randomly roll over and murder you, with no rhyme or reason as to when or why it happens.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Killed 4 dudes (personal record) during one game, ended up 14th. I felt like hm yes I finally start to get the basics. In the following 5 games I died early without a single kill..

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Hellsau posted:

It isn't a BR unless your vehicle will randomly roll over and murder you, with no rhyme or reason as to when or why it happens.

Drove into the river with 3 dudes in the back of the dump truck killing all 3. Does that count?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Does anyone know why this game has 60 second waits for the match to start?
It seems counterproductive since people are already connected.

I guess it's to accommodate players with slower hardware who might have a long loading time? In that case, make the server wait for each client to announce they're finished loading, then count down from 10 instead. (Of course, don't wait for clients that are awfully slow, those players will have to drop late in the flight.)
Also, please add audible countdown for the last 10 seconds so I can return to my desk.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Let me know when COD removes the camera bouncing up and down during running.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

have you ever run over four people in one shot? it's good

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

I wonder how much Twitch dudes influence the overall player base. Are all the kids gonna switch to COD because their favorite streamers did?

For smaller devs it helps immensely. The Tarkov guys were reeling at the people all buying their game a few months back when the streamers got on a big Tarkov kick. For something like CoD, they already have a pretty big builtin base that will be buying the game day one. I watched a lot of Ninjas streams over the past few days, who is basically a 100% Fortnite 10 hour a day every day forever streamer and his chat was just constantly wondering if he was going to drop Fortnite for CoD because he enjoyed it. He already has said he will be playing CoD and Fortnite when it goes live instead of just Fortnite. He has something like 11 million followers or someshit, with 95k or so who throw money to subscribe. That is a LOT of people who can potentially be pointed in a direction. That's just one streamer. When you have almost every top streamer feeling the same way.... yeah.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

White Noise Marine posted:

Drove into the river with 3 dudes in the back of the dump truck killing all 3. Does that count?

The vehicles in CODBLERBG are hilariously poo poo, in a bad way. Unlike the hilariously poo poo in a hilarious way that PUBG does vehicles.

The dump truck does 0-6 mph in 0.0001 seconds and then top speed (downhill) is 9mph. The ATV drives like the Mako in Mass Effect 1.

zapplez posted:

Let me know when COD removes the camera bouncing up and down during running.

This is how you run in COD while unarmed:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5f2m5c

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

The perks in blackout sound like anti-fun to me, are they as bad as they sound? I just can't imagine it feeling fun to die to someone using those, ever.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mischievous Mink posted:

The perks in blackout sound like anti-fun to me, are they as bad as they sound? I just can't imagine it feeling fun to die to someone using those, ever.

Oh yeah some of the magic spells are completely bullshit, like the sound ones or the superspeed-crouch one, but they're fixable. Same with the crates that spawn in the world, they need to get toned down because if you land on one you get level 3 armor and a fully kitted weapon or two and just get to murder everyone you can find.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

this is the future liberals want

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The perks seem mostly irrelevant, and all of the gadgets that aren’t grenades or the grappling hook are worthless. The guns and armor are still very much the most important part of your loadout.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I really can't get used to the lack of realistic body movement fysics and there's no peeking..also it runs like dogshit on my second gen i5 with 1050 vid card

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Blackout kept crashing on launch for me, couldn't be assed to figure out why. More interested in seeing DICE's take, that beta ran pretty smoothly. It's been a while since PUBG has crashed on me, too. Outside of replays obviously.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Klaaz posted:

I really can't get used to the lack of realistic body movement fysics and there's no peeking..also it runs like dogshit on my second gen i5 with 1050 vid card

3570k i5 and 1050ti and it ran around 60fps for me. Though, I come from an age where 30fps was the targetted sweet spot for gaming. I get about 80 in PUBG.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just got killed by this guy in a top 10. Fun.

Cheating still common and a hell of a lot more frustrating than in game like CS where you just respawn in 2 minutes.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/RedPisces?server=pc-na

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

zapplez posted:

Cheating still common and a hell of a lot more frustrating than in game like CS where you just respawn in 2 minutes.

Ah yes, just respawn in two minutes and then get killed by the same cheater over the next 16 rounds, or eventually have the other team kick him, get replaced by a bot, and ruin your game.

Play FPP :smug:

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I'm expecting the BF BR to be a disappointment considering what they've put out there. They weren't very clear on this, but looks like it's squad only, weird objective modes during the game, max 64 players and it won't even be playable at launch, even with the release date delay. At the outset, it looks like either a "might as well have it, I guess" game mode from DICE/Criterion. Or they're being stubborn on what a Battlefield BR is supposed to be. Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong and it turns out to be alright.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah, I think I'd prefer a battlefield battle royale to a CoD one.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Constellation I posted:

I'm expecting the BF BR to be a disappointment considering what they've put out there. They weren't very clear on this, but looks like it's squad only, weird objective modes during the game, max 64 players and it won't even be playable at launch, even with the release date delay. At the outset, it looks like either a "might as well have it, I guess" game mode from DICE/Criterion. Or they're being stubborn on what a Battlefield BR is supposed to be. Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong and it turns out to be alright.

quote:

Wage war in a ring of fire that slowly shrinks the battlefield – don’t get trapped
Fight to be the last infantry squad standing of 64 players in 16 squads
The game-changing addition of Battlefield vehicles lets you wipe out unsuspecting squads with a tank or drive to survive with transport vehicles
Work together as a squad to secure objectives that grant better and rare gear
Clash on the biggest Battlefield map to date
Transform the map with Destruction
Feel battle royale brought to life with stunning Battlefield graphics and audio
Matches are tied to your Company and Battlefield V progression
I don't really like the idea that it will have tanks, and destructible buildings. And I really don't like that you can unlock better gear and equipment outside of each match, through game progression. Giving you an advantage before the match even starts.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

People who run into cheaters, are you playing TPP or FPP

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yeah. A few months ago, my assumption was that the BF BR had a much higher likelihood of being better than COD's BR, but after playing the BFV beta (even though it wasn't their BR mode) and the COD BR beta, that opinion has totally flipped.

The BFV game play did absolutely nothing for me. Plus they delayed the release of the game and are even further delaying the release of BR mode, so I have very little faith in BF not being garbage at this point.

COD, on the other hand, straight up copied 80% of what PUBG does well and added 20% COD on top of it, and the result was much better than I was expecting. I don't actually like most of the COD-esq parts of what's in there (vehicles handle like trash, perks are dumb, looting is bad), but the base they're working from is pretty solid at this stage.

Still, COD has an uphill battle ahead of them to get enough PC players to stay with their game after their history of failing bigly with their past efforts on PC. They need to improve overall performance on PC big time (my setup gets a consistent 140+ fps on PUBG and was jumping between 50-80fps in the COD beta), keep hackers from ruining the game (never been done in a COD PC release to date), fix all of the other random bugs, and continue to provide new content after release to keep people interested.

Bluehole gets a lot of poo poo for all of their many issues as a developer, but to their credit, the overall performance of PUBG has improved immensely over the last year (both on the client and server side), they've added 3 more maps (including the training map) with a fourth scheduled for release, various new weapons and attachments, and tons of other small things that have improved the overall game since pre-release. They need to really ramp up their efforts now since it's not just Fornite they're competing with, but I'm definitely not ready to declare PUBG dead and crown COD as the new realism-leaning BR king on PC just yet.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It's worth noting the frame rate was locked at 80ish during the beta.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
It was locked at 90 because for some stupid reason FPS is tied to server tick rate, or something like that.

It still struggled to get to 90fps on my 8700K+1080 rig, so they have quite a bit of optimization work to do.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Penpal posted:

i'm not sure if the cheaters really ever disappeared but they certainly seem less common or less overt in FPP. i posted a video a few days ago of one who was noclipping inside of rock walls during the match

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i shot a man in sanhok just to watch him crawl

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Penpal posted:

I play TPP solo but I shouldnt have to play the (less interesting to me) game style just to avoid cheaters.

And if you look at the leaderboards for FPP NA there is still a buttload of cheaters.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

1500 posted:

I don't really like the idea that it will have tanks, and destructible buildings. And I really don't like that you can unlock better gear and equipment outside of each match, through game progression. Giving you an advantage before the match even starts.

that reads more like doing things in BR will count towards your overall progression, like your levels etc, not that playing br will get you better drops. theyd get so loving roasted for that after battlefront 2.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

underage at the vape shop posted:

that reads more like doing things in BR will count towards your overall progression, like your levels etc, not that playing br will get you better drops. theyd get so loving roasted for that after battlefront 2.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/09/17/battlefield-5-everything-know/

quote:

Battlefield 5 Firestorm mode
Firestorm is available to four-player squads, and it supports up to 64 players in total just like a regular Battlefield multiplayer match. Tanks do make a return, but it’s not clear how players will be able to acquire them as of yet. Firestorm progression is also tied to the main game’s Company – a player’s collection of soldiers, weapons, and vehicles which levels up alongside the player, so high-level players may have a slight advantage in this mode. Criterion Games is behind Firestorm, so it will be interesting to see how it fits in with EA and DICE’s style.

Players will airdrop onto the largest map in Battlefield history with no fixed loadout, so you’ll have to scramble to search for weapons and supplies. Firestorm will also feature Conquest-style objectives, some random and others recurring at fixed locations to help you secure some gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Well that poo poo's going to fail insanely hard.