Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

c'mon dude, you know MBAs are the first to get the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

oh ok posted:

The last hospital for miles in the Trump stronghold of McKenzie, TN just closed because of the state's refusal of Medicare expansion. Trumptards will likely die because of it. A feelgood story, the last line really makes it.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/consequences-deadly-as-more-tn-hospitals-close

This facility is owned by the company I work for, Community Health Systems, which owns over a hundred mostly rural hospitals across the US. A lot are in the South, and Southern states refusal of Medicaid expansion is really loving CHS hardcore.

edit: This is also a major point Bredesen is running on, expanding Medicaid for the state. I bet 90% of these people vote for Blackburn still though, lol

Demon Of The Fall has issued a correction as of 14:48 on Sep 17, 2018

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/EliseoCisneros/status/1038122506761031680

🙄

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I swear you could run on a copy paste of FDR's platform and win 80% of the popular vote

Blarghalt posted:

c'mon dude, you know MBAs are the first to get the wall

Some MBA schools stress stuff like long term thinking and ethical behavior and the like, the problem is once you get into the real world it's sociopath boomers running everything and if you hesitate to blow up a village for a single dollar more profit then you're fired lol

basically I think economists should be the first against the wall, then we should dig up the worst of them and cadaver synod them. An MBA is just a degree in networking, which is chaotic neutral

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

basically I think economists should be the first against the wall, then we should dig up the worst of them and cadaver synod them.

my man :hfive:

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Only a slightly more serious note, one of the biggest developments I've had in terms of my political braining is realizing how much of a pseudoscience economics effectively is and how terrifying it is we rely on the "field" where by a gigantic coincidence the solution always just happens to be "give the rich more money".

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Blarghalt posted:

Only a slightly more serious note, one of the biggest developments I've had in terms of my political braining is realizing how much of a pseudoscience economics effectively is and how terrifying it is we rely on the "field" where by a gigantic coincidence the solution always just happens to be "give the rich more money".

you're not praxxing hard enough

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

"I lost my rear end," the rallying cry of owned chuds

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Blarghalt posted:

there are serious and good economists but it's super easy for rich guys to bribe university depts and fund think tanks full of hacks pushing supply side garbage. pols listen to the ones who give them cover for policies they already wanted to push for political reasons

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/AngeleeAdams/status/1041723779444092928
https://twitter.com/mygrams44/status/1041721662759002112
https://twitter.com/mygrams44/status/1041721023043788800
https://twitter.com/jeremyhoward7/status/1041701933298397184
https://twitter.com/GeenaLee4/status/1041700734935412736

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Blarghalt posted:

Are there other fields where the 101 class is complete horseshit? It's nuts to me that millions of undergrads are taught "The minimum wage creates unemployment" at colleges across America.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Those tweets that are basically shouting into a hurricane for help are kind of sad but also shows how stupid people are to think that replying to are presidents brain spider tweets will actually do something

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I swear you could run on a copy paste of FDR's platform and win 80% of the popular vote

Ah, but how will you PAY for it :smug:?

Shibby0709
Oct 30, 2011

one fat looking fat guy

pushpins posted:

Are there other fields where the 101 class is complete horseshit? It's nuts to me that millions of undergrads are taught "The minimum wage creates unemployment" at colleges across America.

LOL, the first thing you learn in Microeconomics 101 is that people make rational decisions.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it’s actually supposed to be people on average make rational decisions which is less obviously dumb

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

LegoMan posted:

Those tweets that are basically shouting into a hurricane for help are kind of sad but also shows how stupid people are to think that replying to are presidents brain spider tweets will actually do something

i don't see any social media answering staff under obama but i doubt it was ignored

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pushpins posted:

no calculus physics is pretty bad

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1041734791278878721

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:911:

MAGA

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Imagine thinking back on the words Trump said at any time ever and thinking "Well, how could I have known? He was just such a smooth swindler"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pushpins posted:

My intro to Computer Science class has a blurb about how Obama bungled UHC in the US when he coudnt design a website properly lol

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Trump's Journal. September 17th, 2018. Dog carcass in alley this morning. Tire tread on burst stomach. This city's afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters, and the gutters are full of blood, and when the drains finally scab over all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper "No... collusion. Fake News Witch Hunt"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, trump did claim that he would run in if a school was being shot up. i'm not sure why anyone would believe that particular ludicrous lie, but i don't understand why anyone would believe anything he says so :shrug:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol he also called that cop a coward and the guy ended up resigning

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/JayShaner1/status/1041744384646160390

https://twitter.com/nightwatch28/status/1041754064701337600

morningdrew has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Sep 17, 2018

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I don' remember WW3-10, but I know 11 was a real doozy

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Well the obvious solution is to forcibly raise NARCAN prices to $16k/dose.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

This has to be a joke. He voted for what he thought would crash the economy in hopes of making a buck?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

pushpins posted:

i mean, it's not wrong. plenty of people are willing to work under the counter for sub-minimum wages, and plenty of companies are happy to hire desperate people to do backbreaking labor for peanuts. the problem is that basic human dignity and living standards play no role in their analysis. if the only policy goal is to maximize "jobs" we might as well go back to feudalism.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

white sauce posted:

My intro to Computer Science class has a blurb about how Obama bungled UHC in the US when he coudnt design a website properly lol

i cant believe heathcare.gov didnt work out perfectly, we designed the most complicated system of rules with we could, with dozens of overlapping and non-overlapping jurisdictions and programs and dependent on the good faith of multiple bad actors who had material interests in bringing the system down, and then handed out a contract to some private business to manage it all and then didnt pay attention to what they were doing until it all fell apart

which as everyone knows is the recipe for good governance

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

hobbesmaster posted:

it’s actually supposed to be people on average make rational decisions which is less obviously dumb

A not-at-all-obviously-dumb premise which can be disproven by a graph of historical Beanie BabyTM prices.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

This facility is owned by the company I work for, Community Health Systems, which owns over a hundred mostly rural hospitals across the US. A lot are in the South, and Southern states refusal of Medicaid expansion is really loving CHS hardcore.

edit: This is also a major point Bredesen is running on, expanding Medicaid for the state. I bet 90% of these people vote for Blackburn still though, lol

Despite benefiting more from Obamacare than any other state (because all the poorer ones rejected it lol), Kentuckians voted for Matt Bevin the guy who promised to destroy it.

Of course it didn't help that Democrats' plan to keep control of the state was to lie and say the healthcare people were getting was definitely not terrible Obamacare nope no sir, this is not Obamacare. So why not vote for the guy promising to destroy Obamacare well you see uh.............

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i mean, it's not wrong. plenty of people are willing to work under the counter for sub-minimum wages, and plenty of companies are happy to hire desperate people to do backbreaking labor for peanuts. the problem is that basic human dignity and living standards play no role in their analysis. if the only policy goal is to maximize "jobs" we might as well go back to feudalism.

Well also the minimum wage doesn't reduce jobs in the first place

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Bogus Adventure posted:

I don' remember WW3-10, but I know 11 was a real doozy

they sent their captured enemy soldiers back in time to live under trump
war. war never changes

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

yes, minor changes have little impact, but there's no reason to expect that holds universally. moreover, sidelining the human dignity side of the argument in favor of opaque technical analyses is exactly the kind of thing y'all would rage about if it came from an obama or clinton admin

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

yes, minor changes have little impact, but there's no reason to expect that holds universally. moreover, sidelining the human dignity side of the argument in favor of opaque technical analyses is exactly the kind of thing y'all would rage about if it came from an obama or clinton admin

dude companies already hire as few people as possible, a minimum living wage will prevent 60+ hr weeks and would, if anything, decrease unemployment. My analysis is better htan your "no reason" I gave a reason
checkmate.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

yes, minor changes have little impact, but there's no reason to expect that holds universally.
Yes there is: markets don't work if people don't have money to spend.

There's also uh "no reason" to assume something will happen for no reason.

moreover, sidelining the human dignity side of the argument in favor of opaque technical analyses is exactly the kind of thing y'all would rage about if it came from an obama or clinton admin

Pointing out a false dilemma is not sidelining the human dignity side of the equation.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
These "I'm dying and i voted for you" tweets are mindblowing, especially when you look at their other tweets and it's all poo poo attacking Otama and Hillary etc. Please, please never stop posting them.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pakistani politics posted:

These "I'm dying and i voted for you" tweets are mindblowing, especially when you look at their other tweets and it's all poo poo attacking Otama and Hillary etc. Please, please never stop posting them.

It's beautiful because they actually thought that he ever intended to do anything besides cheat them and enrich his buddies. :allears:

And also I got to see an old guy actually admit that he got "hornswoggled" and that owns.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Zeroisanumber posted:

And also I got to see an old guy actually admit that he got "hornswoggled" and that owns.

Yeah great, the old gently caress is going to die soon and won't see any consequences of his stupid braindead voting, leaving the rest of us to bear the stupidity. Thanks olds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Man, it would really suck to die under Trump and miss out on all the crazy.