Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I used to be one of those guys until I downsized to a mirrorless and maybe a single off camera flash. I also don't do real shoots anymore and just flag down people with cool cosplay, though, so :shrug:

is this you?

100F4037
by Jim, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

8th-snype posted:

is this you?

100F4037
by Jim, on Flickr
That’s Pyrenees Head, named for his mountain peak helmet, from the Silence Hills series of video games and movies? ?? ???????

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
It’s Myriad Head, you ding dong. They call him that because he has a lot of different hats. What you’re seeing here is but one.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo
yes we have no hats

Father O'Blivion fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 29, 2018

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

It’s Myriad Head, you ding dong. They call him that because he has a lot of different hats. What you’re seeing here is but one.
I thought your mom was called Myriad Head but for completely different reasons Beep :confused:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:pusheen:

One of these days, I will prevail...

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Father O'Blivion posted:

yes we have no hats

I hope that guy's as cool as he looks.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Title: "Nurses after a miscarriage"

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3488774&perpage=40&pagenumber=98#post487770762

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

If something posted in the Low Effort thread is worth being posted here, then I feel like I need to sell all of my equipment immediately. :smithcloud:

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
Untitled by Daniel, on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

It’s called “negative space”, idiot. :rolleyes:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Actually, the disembodied legs have a deeper meaning.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

pseudorandom posted:

If something posted in the Low Effort thread is worth being posted here, then I feel like I need to sell all of my equipment immediately. :smithcloud:

That post i think is the worst ever posted in the low effort thread, among the usual garbage.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

:alexa:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Helen Highwater posted:

I went on a photowalk here with the local FB photography group. I got a lot of pictures of people with $8k full frame setups taking pictures of cats.

Well gently caress this is me every time I come home to my kitties, so if it's wrong I don't wanna be right

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I, Butthole posted:

Well gently caress this is me every time I come home to my kitties, so if it's wrong I don't wanna be right

As if there’s some better use for thousands of dollars of photo gear.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

rio posted:

As if there’s some better use for thousands of dollars of photo gear.

Confirmed, it's cats or taking shots through viewfinders of a friends Hasselblad or Mamiya WLF (or iPhone) of the sunset to post on Instagram because that's what photographer influencers would do.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I just blew $1200 on the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 G2 and I've just spent my weekend taking pictures of my cat yawning with it.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
On Friday, I stumbled upon the slave labour subreddit.

/r/slavelabour description posted:

Get jobs done well below market rate. Any task (within reason!) can be completed here for pay. Find casual online work. Earn a few dollars here and there completing small tasks. It will soon add up! Employers: Outsource tasks instantly, no fees!

I was entranced and curious by all of the weird, small, (frequently sketchy/unethical) tasks that were posted. I couldn't help but scroll through page after page until I found this one:

quote:

Photoshop expert needed to edit a few wedding photos. I have the RAW files but, in need of someone to edit the photos. For example few photos have sunrays over taking the photo. Other example is removing objects in the background. Possible quote after reviewing the photos.

I really wish they provided a sample of the pictures, because I'm sure the wedding photographer who outsources editing for :20bux: would be a stunning example of the best photographer.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI
I have a feeling the poster is the married person, and they didn't like the quote their photographer gave for editing services

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I have never seen that subreddit. Someone is paying $5 for 5000 real instagram account names. They want them to all be verified so its all done manually....

So in comparison that photoshop job is paying well.

:eyepop:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I've never heard of it either. Gonna check it out later for laughs.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I’m just going to make up rediculously insane jobs that pay a couple of bucks and see how many people on there are willing to put up with my bullshit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gonna upload 200 raw astrophotography shots taken across two nights in different atmospheric conditions and ask them to be manually registered and have gradients created by airglow removed. But the galactic core has to remain visible.

$5

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

xzzy posted:

Gonna upload 200 raw astrophotography shots taken across two nights in different atmospheric conditions and ask them to be manually registered and have gradients created by airglow removed. But the galactic core has to remain visible.

$5

Hmm ... I think it's still too much. Try $3, they seem to love being lowballed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ve always wanted to outsource my iTunes catalogue fixing...

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’ve always wanted to outsource my iTunes catalogue fixing...

Not for all the money in the world...

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Now I know why I keep doubting myself and not doing paid photography gigs: because how I could I possibly match the fantastic work from Roland Rick Photography?

https://www.facebook.com/205718536534271/posts/548401642265957/

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Hello Spaceman posted:

Now I know why I keep doubting myself and not doing paid photography gigs: because how I could I possibly match the fantastic work from Roland Rick Photography?

Look at that tasteful, selectively-colored red dot. Truly this is the face and the work of a photographer without peer.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Hello Spaceman posted:

"One for the straight out of camera series (sooc)

Because questions are asked anyway:
X-H1, XF16F1.4 R WR (lens from outer-space, too good for this planet), ..."

That must be it, too good for this planet.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Yond Cassius posted:

Look at that tasteful, selectively-colored red dot. Truly this is the face and the work of a photographer without peer.

Wonder if he can photoshop one of those onto my 7D. I’m willing to pay extra if he adds lens flare to my nifty fifty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yond Cassius posted:

I'm the aliasing around the ear because he did a lovely job masking for a new background. Guess he wasn't happy with the dingy bathroom walls in the original shot.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

xzzy posted:

I'm the aliasing around the ear because he did a lovely job masking for a new background. Guess he wasn't happy with the dingy bathroom walls in the original shot.

Wow, get a load of this pixel peeper. :rolleyes:

You just don’t get photography.

*takes dutch angle dickpic with faberge hasselblad*

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Man it sucks that Mr. Clean had to get a side hustle

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Why does that head look photoshopped in?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

It’s shot with a Leica - it captures a reality that is more real than anything our lovely garbage cameras can and more than our pedestrian eyes can see.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GrandpaPants posted:

I assume that the camera was shopped in front of a photo of his head (lighting doesn't make sense otherwise).

But I can now totally imagine that he started with the photo of the camera first and added in the head, since the camera is, in his mind, far more important.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

Yond Cassius posted:

yes, I too bought a leica to submit my beautiful photos to facebook compression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Sculture of a Masai Woman cut in Walnut by my good friend Hans of Bavaria. The village in the background is Aït-Ben-Haddou in Morocco - Unesco World Heritage sind 1987 - and quite on the other side of Africa as Tanzania where the Masai are located - however, it just perfectly suites the sculpture to my eyes as background.

Africa is basically all the same place.

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 18, 2018