Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

Those shows don't get enough credit.

And they should drop Craig.
let me write that down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Glad I hit next page before posting that same joke.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it would have been kind of appropriate if you’d just said it again tbh

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

TTBF posted:

Glad I hit next page before posting that same joke.

I mean, it's The Thing That Craig Does, so of course we were all gonna do it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dsriggs posted:

I mean, it's The Thing That Craig Does, so of course we were all gonna do it.

Other than making a big production out of not swearing because Christian while at the same time being sleazy about women.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The finish rundown Vinny does has become one of my favorite bits of the show.

Take a drink every time a finish is X “due to bullshit”

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rovert posted:

Other than making a big production out of not swearing because Christian while at the same time being sleazy about women.

also kinda racist

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Bischoff...SOLD FOR THE BIRD~!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Bischoff...SOLD FOR THE BIRD~!

GET AWAY FROM ME BIRD!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

why isn't anyone talking about the fact dave wrote a movie script

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smoking Crow posted:

why isn't anyone talking about the fact dave wrote a movie script

No no no, he wrote his life story and left it lying around, and a film producer found it and assumed a story about a jacked up writer who goes to Japan to bang chicks and watch pro-wrestling had to be a movie treatment.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i want to know what dave meltzer dialogue is like

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
This is one of the best shows we've ever done.

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1041543325466152960

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Absolutely primo B&V today

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In November, the Nintendo Switch Online service is releasing Mighty Bomb Jack to the playable archives

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

Absolutely primo B&V today

The first ten minutes as they mock people who watch WWE was incredible.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

MassRafTer posted:

The first ten minutes as they mock people who watch WWE was incredible.

And then they just continue to only watch WWE products.

Use your loving platform to make a better wrestling landscape. Instead of just watching bad things on the WWE Network, talk about good wrestling that's not a well known. Stardom's 5 Star Grand Prix is happening right now, it's really good! Watch some British wrestling, get more eyes on RevPro and OTT or whoever else. Watch a DDT/TJPW show. Watch a CMLL Friday show. Watch something besides loving WWE

You have a big voice in the community, don't use it to reinforce a monopoly

gently caress.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they have a big voice because they watch wwe and talk bad about it. nobody wants to hear bryan gush about some good match

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

If you like good wrestling, yes there's plenty of alternatives but if you like Daniel Bryan, Ronda Rousey, or Braun Strowman then there's only one place to see those people. It would be great to see more people turn into Jerichos that bounce around but I honestly don't know how many people other than Jericho would actually want to do that and not just take a giant paycheck from the WWE for a multiyear exclusive deal.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Go RV! posted:

Watch some British wrestling, get more eyes on RevPro and OTT or whoever else.

Point of order, OTT is an Irish wrestling company, referring to it as British is a slur/warcrime/fighting talk

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Go RV! posted:

And then they just continue to only watch WWE products.

Use your loving platform to make a better wrestling landscape. Instead of just watching bad things on the WWE Network, talk about good wrestling that's not a well known. Stardom's 5 Star Grand Prix is happening right now, it's really good! Watch some British wrestling, get more eyes on RevPro and OTT or whoever else. Watch a DDT/TJPW show. Watch a CMLL Friday show. Watch something besides loving WWE

You have a big voice in the community, don't use it to reinforce a monopoly

gently caress.

Sir, this is a Wendy's drive thru.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

VJeff posted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's drive thru.

Can you tell your social media people that their pandering tweets suck

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

but if you like Daniel Bryan, Ronda Rousey, or Braun Strowman then there's only one place to see those people.

Bryan matches are available on the archives of numerous streaming services including New Japan World and HighSpots Network

Not wrestling or even necessarily all good, but Ronda's entire UFC career is available on FightPass

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

HidaO-Win posted:

Point of order, OTT is an Irish wrestling company, referring to it as British is a slur/warcrime/fighting talk

That's part of my point, though. I don't watch it. I've heard of it, I don't know much about it, I'd definitely consider it watching, but I haven't been pushed to make that leap yet.

If someone with a big platform would go out and say "hey, this show is really good and this promotion is really good, they've got a show on this date, and they've got a streaming service here, check it out everyone" then that could kickstart conversations about that promotion and give them some attention that indies need so loving much.

Instead I get to hear about the latest WWE death march twice. We've already got WON for that. Use the loose format show to try something new and fun and not just feed the cycle of bad wrestling despair

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Watch it yourself, dude. Alvraez has a two year old kid, he's probably gonna go ahead and keep going with what makes him the most money.

If he started talking about DDT and AJPW, people would be like "hey talk about how bad this WWE show was."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who the gently caress wants to talk about Ronda Rousey tho?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

TTBF posted:

With a subscription to WON you get to hear former UFC fighter Filthy Tom Lawlor's purple prose.

I love Filthy Tom so much. He's the best part of the site now that Bryan stopped doing After Dark

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

please support this important initiative https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/remove-bryan-danielsons-name-from-the-best

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

What a bad opinion.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Dave Meltzer posted:

I don't know if I should say this...

but whoever does Ronda's makeup should be beheaded

:captainpop:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave wishing death upon Jeff Hardy smdh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I listen to Bryan mostly to hear him lose his mind at bad booking and then give his own, somehow even worse, fantasy booking ideas. So I hope he keeps doing lots of WWE things.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I keep listening in hopes that WWE will schedule another Big Show Roman Reigns match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Back in the day Bryan and Vinny did watch a lot of other stuff. One of the most famous drops came from their CMLL reviews!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MassRafTer posted:

Back in the day Bryan and Vinny did watch a lot of other stuff. One of the most famous drops came from their CMLL reviews!

Not to mention the classic review of Urban Wrestling Federation.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

they've already reviewed AAA and CMLL matches this year too so I dont know where this they only review WWE stuff comes from

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

they've already reviewed AAA and CMLL matches this year too so I dont know where this they only review WWE stuff comes from

If it doesn't take up 90% of the average shows it's assumed it's not present at all

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

Big difference between reviewing a few matches and reviewing TV every week.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HOONIE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Oh yeah, that was the good stuff. Their review of Triplemania 2015 (with THAT Villanos vs Psycho Circus match) was quite good as well.

And of course, as someone else mentioned, their weekly Impact reviews were always a thing of beauty up til the point Bryan couldn't take it anymore and stopped doing them.