Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Komet
Apr 4, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

The Rutgers illinois rubber match this year is very exciting . Series currently tied at 1-1 since Rutgers joined the big 10,and they didn't play when Rutgers started strong and best Michigan and whatnot that first year

You may have a different definition of exciting than the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

General Dog posted:

General Dog's ESPN's Bottom Ten

1) Butt UTEP (BUTTEP), 0-3 - Even the biggest pervert wants no part of these miners.
2) Butt New Mexico State, 0-4 - The most ill-advised attempt at independence since 1861
3) Butt Old Dominion, 0-3 - To paraphrase Sara Barielles, anyone who lays claim to this Old Dominion can hardly be said to be king of anything.
4) CMU Cow-Chippewas, 0-3 - The worst Chips not involving Dax Sheppard
5) Buttgers, 1-2 - Pack it in Ryan Reynolds- the Scarlett nights are over, and these Scarlet Knights are a meager substitute
6) Butt Arkansas, 1-2 - These Hogs were bred for slaughter
7) Butt Colorado State, 1-3 - These Rams assuredly do not have a hemi
8) Poo-C-L-A, 0-3 - Another joke about the film adaptation of C.H.I.P.S. Chip Kelly has lost it, Dax Sheppard is not funny.
9) Butt Florida State, 1-2 - It would take another Inidan Removal Act to get this team from the 20 to the endzone.
10) The Fans - Turn on your monitor ;)

The most important ratings every week.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

General Dog posted:

General Dog's ESPN's Bottom Ten

1) Butt UTEP (BUTTEP), 0-3 - Even the biggest pervert wants no part of these miners.
2) Butt New Mexico State, 0-4 - The most ill-advised attempt at independence since 1861
3) Butt Old Dominion, 0-3 - To paraphrase Sara Barielles, anyone who lays claim to this Old Dominion can hardly be said to be king of anything.
4) CMU Cow-Chippewas, 0-3 - The worst Chips not involving Dax Sheppard
5) Buttgers, 1-2 - Pack it in Ryan Reynolds- the Scarlett nights are over, and these Scarlet Knights are a meager substitute
6) Butt Arkansas, 1-2 - These Hogs were bred for slaughter
7) Butt Colorado State, 1-3 - These Rams assuredly do not have a hemi
8) Poo-C-L-A, 0-3 - Another joke about the film adaptation of C.H.I.P.S. Chip Kelly has lost it, Dax Sheppard is not funny.
9) Butt Florida State, 1-2 - It would take another Inidan Removal Act to get this team from the 20 to the endzone.
10) The Fans - Turn on your monitor ;)

Hahaha, suck it Central, you are terrible enough to be specifically called out in a joke post about butts instead of blandly mediocre like my team

Edit: the Buttgers entry got a hearty lol from me

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

lol

The father of UCLA starting quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson criticized Chip Kelly in a series of tweets Sunday night, writing that the Bruins football coach is a "million dollar coach who bares [sic] no responsibility" for the team's 0-3 start.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24712814/dad-ucla-qb-dorian-thompson-robinson-criticizes-chip-kelly

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Uhh VT probably doesn't really deserve to be top 10 in the coaches, but okay I'll enjoy it for now. We'll know if they are actually a good team after the Duke & ND games.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Good read on how the FSU OL became the disaster that it is today. Also, it's not getting fixed this year and probably not next year either.

https://twitter.com/Tomahawknation/status/1041699626116698112

Edit: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

https://twitter.com/tashanreed/status/1041774687104184321

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 17, 2018

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

MourningView posted:

Very excited for Iowa and Wisconsin to drop the most hideous 9-7 game on a horrified nation in prime time.
oh my god this is gonna be awesome, go hawkeyes

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Fifty Three posted:

oh my god this is gonna be awesome, go hawkeyes

Speaking of Hawkeyes, it's the 2 year anniversary of their loss to NDSU.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Less embarrassing than losing to Rutgers at least

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Less embarrassing than losing to Rutgers at least

Not so sure about that, Tim.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

vyst posted:

Nah, he's right.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Nah, he's right.

Someone's on the Enemies of Rutgers athletics list.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

vyst posted:

The year they lost to NDSU, NDSU would have absolutely been no worse than a top 80 team in FBS. The same hasn't been true for Rutgers for much of the past 8 years or so.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Godzilla07 posted:

Stanford regularly competes for the Pac-12, and has stricter academic requirements than GT. Why couldn’t GT be that good with the right hire?

Maybe Stanford cheats better.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I definitely thought Rutgers and kansas were on the same level of awfulness, but holy poo poo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

They just got blown out by Kansas, who has lost to much worse FCS teams.

Losing to a FCS team is still really embrassing but North and South Dakota State would both be competitive in any G5 conference except the AAC, I think.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MourningView posted:

Losing to a FCS team is still really embrassing but North and South Dakota State would both be competitive in any G5 conference except the AAC, I think.

I mean, they do have a 6 game winning streak vs FCS teams.

That's probably ending in 2020 when they travel to Oregon.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

Losing to one of the good Dakotas is basically equivalent to losing to Toledo.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

They'd be competitive/mid-pack in the AAC too, especially all scholarships being equal.

Would only start falling off when put into the P5 conferences, and even then, they've proven that they can certainly compete with the bottom and middle of those conferences pretty well in one-off games.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

They lost to a much worse FCS team just a little over two weeks ago.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Akron is the best team to lose to. Go zips

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Rutgers being the worst is more East Coast Bias robbing UTEP of their rightful crown.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Rutgers being the worst is more East Coast Bias robbing UTEP of their rightful crown.

UTEP/UTSA might be the Bottom 10 super bowl

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I'm not sure if this is trying to be ironic or not https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2018/9/17/17869204/r-e-s-p-e-c-t-the-seven-stages-of-accepting-alabama-football

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I got a text message from the only Rutgers fan west of the Mississippi and he said "This is rock bottom"

10% of the Rutgers fan base is giving up on the team.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

UTEP/UTSA might be the Bottom 10 super bowl

You've also got UTEP/NMSU this Saturday. If UTEP can lose to NMSU and UTSA in back to back weeks, they should have smooth sailing to 0-12.

It's way too early to be having this conversation, but if NMSU could manage to go winless against a schedule that includes UTEP, Texas State, a late-season FCS opponent, and Liberty twice, that would have to be in the running for worst of all time.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 17, 2018

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"This is rock bottom"

- Every team that loses to Kansas

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Rock Chalk Bottom

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Florida fans remember when we hired a Kansas head coach as an offensive coordinator?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vyst posted:

Florida fans remember when we hired a Kansas head coach as an offensive coordinator?

It was the other way around unless this connection has happened more than once. Either way I'm pretty sure both schools regret the experience.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Pakled posted:

GT's problem is recruiting. The combination of really rigorous academics and extremely limited majors means we're never going to be able to recruit at even an average level for the conference. Paul Johnson's flexbone option gave us the ability to do more with less talent (at the cost of a lower ceiling) but that's kind of fallen apart in recent years. Barring flagrantly disregarding NCAA rules, we're just not going to attract the talent necessary to regularly compete for conference titles. I don't know what to do about this.

Invent a new type of steroid that isn’t detectable by current NCAA standards.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

General Dog posted:

Rock Chalk Bottom

Mods, change thread title

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

single-mode fiber posted:

Invent a new type of steroid that isn’t detectable by current NCAA standards.

Will Grier 4 Heisman.

Jokes aside, I find it hard to believe jacked guys like Bosa at tOSU aren't cutting a few corners.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

General Dog posted:

You've also got UTEP/NMSU this Saturday. If UTEP can lose to NMSU and UTSA in back to back weeks, they should have smooth sailing to 0-12.

It's way too early to be having this conversation, but if NMSU could manage to go winless against a schedule that includes UTEP, Texas State, a late-season FCS opponent, and Liberty twice, that would have to be in the running for worst of all time.

Liberty is going to end up in a bowl which really justifies the timing of their move up to FBS.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Komet posted:

I somehow managed to not realize this, probably because Penn State won easily last year, and I am not used to that, so I thought NW just sucked.

to be fair, three of those wins were in overtime and the bowl win was on a game-ending missed 2 point conversion

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

UTEP is an insanely bad football team. UTSA strikes me as only pretty bad football team

Kai Locksely is trying is hardest to do something, but uts not been pretty

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

General Dog posted:

Rice is lower than UTSA in all the 130-team rankings I can find, and they're also in the same division as UTEP and UTSA.

C-USA West is the SEC West of the Bottom 10.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Incoherence posted:

C-USA West is the SEC West of the Bottom 10.

North Texas is acting like Video Game North Texas though

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee could have not punted and gone for every 4th down on Saturday. UTEP’s offense is absolutely putrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

It was the other way around unless this connection has happened more than once. Either way I'm pretty sure both schools regret the experience.

No you're right but he ended up being a Kansas head coach and that is a good enough barometer to draw a parallel

• Locked thread