Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Jonathan heavily implied on instagram live that he screwed up the recording and said that the episode wouldn’t see the light of day. It looked like they were trying again last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

366: Jonathan's dream about murdering everyone at a barn orgy

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

366: Jonathan's dream about murdering everyone at a barn orgy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBf1txdeOf0

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

You know I had to do it to em.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

quote:

Well we've finally done done it. As of last week Seth and I have officially embarked on the new leg of this podcast of ours and are now able to offer it to you in video form. 3 camera HD cut live by our dear friend and collaborator Jeff Schweikart aka (55inch). It has been a fun process and there has been quite a bit learning on the job and I am sure more of that to come. We are committed to delivering these episodes weekly at the same time as the regular audio versions go up in the feed. For now we have chosen not to stream these episodes as they happen although we do have that ability with our current setup. We just aren't able to monitor and interact with viewers while keeping the show what it is. So we are saving that for other special occasion content :)  While we are pretty happy with the visual version already, we also will continue to improve picture and production quality as best we can and look forward to upgrading some of our equipment as soon as we are able. That being said this has been an investment for us time wise and financially and one we are happy to make. However to justify this cost and to hopefully give incentive to our listeners to become supporters and in some cases to hopefully encourage some current supporters to increase their pledge we have chosen to put these video episodes behind our 5$ pay wall tier. As many of you are aware any and all pledges currently grant you access to all of our archived audio episodes and live recorded shows and none of that will change for anyone. These video episodes will also ultimately be edited down to smaller pill sized highlight videos that will make it on to our Youtube channel etc. The hope with those smaller vids is that they can be seen enjoyed and passed around by all and hopefully act as a way to recruit new listeners/viewers. We think our asking price of 5 dollars for 4-8 hours of video content per month is fair and hope you feel the same. Our first one goes up in the morning Episode 674 The First Foray Into the Visual Domain (sort of) 

Seatbelts

love J&S

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Oh my christ. UYD VIDEO!

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

They've done it! They've actually finally done it! Oh my God!

I reckon we'll see a decent increase in Patreon cash because of this - the two other UYD listeners I know in IRL have both said they're gonna pledge/increase their pledge because of video episodes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Uhh Yeah Video

I've been on the $5 train for a while and encourage y'all to jump on with me.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I can't quite understand, are the videos just videotaped episodes?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I usually just buy the new merch but the video episodes are enough to finally push me to do the $5 a month.

I loving love these guys and it makes me happy to know they’re pulling in $10k a month. I wish I had signed up sooner.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
First video ep is so good, can't recommend it enough. And very on brand for them to bring in a new era with a good 10 ten minute chunk on 9/11.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Lol of course Jonathan puts the dollar sign after the number

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

bollig posted:

I can't quite understand, are the videos just videotaped episodes?

yes

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The pageantry ownage Seth described in 674-
https://twitter.com/maybealexislost/status/1038958514604068866?s=21

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

UYD video eps are great

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

oshuaj posted:

UYD video eps are great

They're really really good

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Are the video eps separate eps from what's going to the podcast feed?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

General Dog posted:

Are the video eps separate eps from what's going to the podcast feed?

No

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So since I decided to pledge I got the RSS link. However when I throw that link into Downcast (my preferred podcast app) it generates nothing.

Is the only real way to see the videos and get the full backlog by going through Patreon?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
The editing on those videos is really good. Is Jonathan handling everything?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

The editing on those videos is really good. Is Jonathan handling everything?
55inch, creator of some of the old animations done for UYD bits similar to the HBO version of the Ricky Gervais podcast, is doing the editing I believe.

Beastie posted:

So since I decided to pledge I got the RSS link. However when I throw that link into Downcast (my preferred podcast app) it generates nothing.

Is the only real way to see the videos and get the full backlog by going through Patreon?
Not sure why the feed didn't work for you (some off-brand apps just don't handle the Patreon private feeds, is this the first you've tried in that one?) but the story on the Patreon material is:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

There's 1) a Patreon style RSS of the "bonus material" that's come out since they started that -- live shows and a mixtape or something Jonathan did once and never followed up on and 2) the vault on the UYD site that's protected with a password distributed to Patreon subscribers; this page has links to every show from the beginning, but not in the form of an RSS feed suitable for podcast app use -- just for download or streaming there.

They didn't actually move or protect any of the old files, just put the links on the protected page -- the RSS feed linking 1-300 you can find in this thread still works.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Once you have access to those links the mp3s themselves aren't protected by anything so you're free to stuff them in an RSS file, put that file somewhere your podcast app can see and use them that way, just don't like publish that link to a directory if your app does that kind of thing.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

55inch is doing the editing I believe.

What?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Did I get that wrong? I thought Jonathan said so in one of the Patreon announcements. Yeah:

quote:

Well we've finally done done it. As of last week Seth and I have officially embarked on the new leg of this podcast of ours and are now able to offer it to you in video form. 3 camera HD cut live by our dear friend and collaborator Jeff Schweikart aka (55inch).

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Did I get that wrong? I thought Jonathan said so in one of the Patreon announcements. Yeah:

I just didn't know who 55inch was, my b

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

nerve posted:

I just didn't know who 55inch was, my b
No worries, I realized some people wouldn't and ninja edited that description in

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
If you’ve never seen the 55inch animated shorts “Video Store Stories“ do yourself a favor and check em out.

https://youtu.be/LF6KPdMcoFI

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

55inch also does the graphic design for some weird Team 10 (Jake Paul's orgy house collab group) character named Lil Donny Red. I'm not knocking it cuz I'd hope it's good money but I thought it was funny when I followed him on twitter.

https://twitter.com/LilDonnyRed/status/1037751643415048193

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Phuc Hiu want to gently caress you

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
has anyone noticed how perfectly the current version of seth resembles jah's dad?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Socks4Hands posted:

has anyone noticed how perfectly the current version of seth resembles jah's dad?

image.
Sep 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HK1FKXmdrs

keep doing that and I'm gonna count to 38

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Jonathan, thirty-eight sheep

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
"there's no yoga pose you can get in that's gonna be like taking mushrooms"
"I don't know if that's true!"

:laffo:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I just run until I'm High!

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

My favorite highlight from the first few video episodes: The look on Jonathan’s face listening to Seth spill that Juicy British G. He is so happy, it is adorable.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

As a Saskatchewan native I'm petitioning the Roughriders to change their name to the Wraith-hunters.

CFL players top out around 200k at the very most. A little more than a Mercury Sable but not much more.

image.
Sep 18, 2018

Jonathan looks really healthy and shiny in these new episodes. It really is great being able to watch them now. I doubt I'll watch every one but it's nice having the option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

image. posted:

Jonathan looks really healthy and shiny in these new episodes. It really is great being able to watch them now. I doubt I'll watch every one but it's nice having the option.

The video content finally pushed me over the edge to throw them some dosh on Patreon. My wife and I both love UYD but the idea of sitting down and listening to something together always seemed strange somehow. These videos are perfect.