Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

augias posted:

Kettle cooked chip r racist now

Kettle Kooked Krisps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

White cheddar? What is this poo poo?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr Interweb posted:

Yes, I get that they're trying to take otherwise normal things to make the libs act crazy, but once it's been co-opted by ACTUAL white supremacists, what more deniability do you have? Especially when you do it in a surreptitious manner while giggling?

They're not smart enough to notice this or care.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

Yes, I get that they're trying to take otherwise normal things to make the libs act crazy, but once it's been co-opted by ACTUAL white supremacists, what more deniability do you have?

Because it's impossible to actually verify whether it was intentional or not on his part short of getting his doxx and internet search history. If it's still okay to make the sign dependent on the context, well, we don't know anything about him because there is no other context beyond a half second gif in the background of Ali Velsh. The Cost Guard also stated that they can't currently verify whether he did it intentionally or unintentionally either, so whether it's going to end with a firing or just "just watch your hands a little more carefully next time bruh :)" is still going to be based on more than just a hand gesture.

Anyways that's my position and I'm pretty convinced nobody else here gives a poo poo about it otherwise, god bless.

Did Sargon at least manage to doxx Mr. Metokur?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

shut the gently caress up

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Zokari posted:

shut the gently caress up

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Are you this mad because nazis are getting fired from their jobs for being nazis

or because you just really fuckin' love the OK handsign and are in denial about its use by nazis?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

420 Gank Mid posted:

Are you this mad because nazis are getting fired from their jobs for being nazis

or because you just really fuckin' love the OK handsign and are in denial about its use by nazis?

i think homeboy just really likes dragging out arguments in general based on what i've seen of him in other subforums

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

i think homeboy just really likes dragging out arguments in general based on what i've seen of him in other subforums

Yeah dragging out arguments over pedantic bullshit is a hallmark of these forums and I will not see that tradition sullied

but amigo over here is picking a strange hill to post on

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

420 Gank Mid posted:

I hosed up and used the wrong version sorry

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Bedlamdan posted:

So the former?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

420 Gank Mid posted:

So the former?

I'm pretty sure the dude's not even gonna get fired unless he did more than whatever we got on Ali V., so no, not that.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
lol This poo poo reads exactly like what got Trauma dog permabanned. It's funny that when you ask this dude why he cares so much about nazis getting in trouble he just posts a stupid image

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Imagine this entire debate but it was about if the coast guard guy seriously said "kill all Jews" on camera or ironically said "kill all Jews" on camera.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Almost like he's hesitant to say the real reason why

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

business hammocks posted:

White cheddar? What is this poo poo?

Much like the President, orange cheddar is dyed that way.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Gumball Gumption posted:

Imagine this entire debate but it was about if the coast guard guy seriously said "kill all Jews" on camera or ironically said "kill all Jews" on camera.

that's just a heated gaming moment

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
If a media shitstorm arising from a dude flashing the okay sign for half a second based on a prank from 4chan isn't the most hilarious, yet also autistic, thing of all time then I don't know what to tell you? It's embarrassing, for everyone involved. 4chan, Coast Guard Guy, NBC, everybody.

Thankfully, we've made clear that he failed in his ploy to make people look weird and paranoid, so I'm not sure what else there is to discuss.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

business hammocks posted:

When that nazi in dhs wrote an official publication with the 14 words almost exactly and included a bunch of 88s in statistics cited for no reason, why did he put that stuff in there?

Note that he was later fired for having a nazi dinner party with a bunch of nazis where he invited the nazis by saying it would be good if all Jews were killed.

Harmless jape, or pointless thing made worse by being noticed?

lol post the article where he got fired

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bedlamdan posted:

If a media shitstorm arising from a dude saying kill the Jews based on a prank from 4chan isn't the most hilarious, yet also autistic, thing of all time then I don't know what to tell you? It's embarrassing, for everyone involved. 4chan, Coast Guard Guy, NBC, everybody.

Thankfully, we've made clear that he failed in his ploy to make people look weird and paranoid, so I'm not sure what else there is to discuss.

Fixed it for you. I'm not sure if you really understand what a hate symbol is but it's a short hand way for that man to threaten violence against lots of people.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Bedlamdan posted:

If a media shitstorm arising from a dude flashing the okay sign for half a second based on a prank from 4chan isn't the most hilarious, yet also autistic, thing of all time then I don't know what to tell you? It's embarrassing, for everyone involved. 4chan, Coast Guard Guy, NBC, everybody.

Ok yeah you're really mad about nazis getting punished for being nazis lmao

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Fixed it for you. I'm not sure if you really understand what a hate symbol is but it's a short hand way for that man to threaten violence against lots of people.

It's the okay sign. That is all it still means to any normal motherfucker that isn't Extremely Online or literally David Duke and why people outside this or that specific forums bubble look at this poo poo and can only wonder what the gently caress

420 Gank Mid posted:

Ok yeah you're really mad about nazis getting punished for being nazis lmao

My dude at this point I just want this to keep on going forever, and just get even more retarded and over the top.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Bedlamdan posted:

My dude at this point I just want this to keep on going forever, and just get even more retarded and over the top.

Well yeah duh, what else would a nazi want?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
we finally got the puppet master defense.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's not news that Bedlamdan is very very quick to defend the honor of nazi's and what they're allowed to do and not get punished. See: His most recent probe which was for the exact same thing he's crying about now.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

420 Gank Mid posted:

Well yeah duh, what else would a nazi want?

You do, apparently.

As this goes on I can only give less and less of a poo poo about it, because it literally isn't going to lead anywhere anyways. We're never going to find out anything else about random Coastie one way or another. Just put my ban reason as "supported universally accepted symbol of white supremacy, 'the okay sign' " and be done with this, thank you.

:discourse:

CharlestheHammer posted:

God, I wish I could say that, but no man. This is all you. :unsmith:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lots and lots of people still use the celtic cross for lots of reasons. Most people don't know its use as a hate symbol and would think you're insane for bringing it up. That doesn't stop it from being a hate symbol and the dude would be getting the same attention if he used his two seconds on camera to flash his celtic cross tattoo like it was a secret symbol.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

CharlestheHammer posted:

we have been played all along :( :( :(

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bedlamdan posted:

You do, apparently.

As this goes on I can only give less and less of a poo poo about it, because it literally isn't going to lead anywhere anyways. We're never going to find out anything else about random Coastie one way or another. Just put my ban reason as "supported universally accepted symbol of white supremacy, 'the okay sign' " and be done with this, thank you.

:discourse:

God, I wish I could say that, but no man. This is all you. :unsmith:

I’m.......the puppet Master?

this is my first post in this discussion so that’s impressive

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Lots and lots of people still use the celtic cross for lots of reasons. Most people don't know its use as a hate symbol and would think you're insane for bringing it up. That doesn't stop it from being a hate symbol and the dude would be getting the same attention if he used his two seconds on camera to flash his celtic cross tattoo like it was a secret symbol.

The okay sign is now the celtic cross.

Oh poo poo, what the gently caress have I been doing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

actually i love being retarded

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Bedlamdan posted:

Pillar Men did nothing wrong.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

KiteAuraan posted:

Pillar Men did nothing wrong.

That's Stroheim!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

could you go somewhere and learn how to post or just do nothing so we dont have to see you anymore

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
im going to reclaim the ok hand sign

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
heritage not hate

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Bedlamdan posted:

You do, apparently.

As this goes on I can only give less and less of a poo poo about it, because it literally isn't going to lead anywhere anyways. We're never going to find out anything else about random Coastie one way or another. Just put my ban reason as and be done with this, thank you.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Zokari posted:

could you go somewhere and learn how to post or just do nothing so we dont have to see you anymore

Sure, if people don't want to stop demanding answers they know they won't like.

uncurable mlady posted:

im going to reclaim the ok hand sign

I'm going to concentrate my efforts on preclaiming the thumbs up sign, and in two years time it's going to mean 'im gay'

Actually use that, yeah.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i think the whole ok sign thing is stupid because then conservatives post dumb poo poo like this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217783829008979&set=a.1223525429812&type=3&theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Doc Neutral posted:

Someone posted the joe rogan version of this earlier, wondering if anyone got it saved?

Was it this?