Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but he’s still President

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Noted Coal-Loving PM Rejects Calls to Pull out of Paris Agreement

AM I HIGH RIGHT NOW!?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Moon Atari posted:

Pedophile also works well.

Hmm yes, why aren’t we more concerned about modern women's apparent indifference to the teenage boy as a sexual object.

:thunkher:

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
teenage boys are revolting. i believe men are capable of love, but australian men in particular are so stunted and uneducated about their feelings that the only way for them to learn how love feels is for someone close to them to die, which is why i am exclusively attracted to elderly widowers

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
There is a current ad for Bushells Tea where an elderly man lost his wife to old age and the only way he feels a connection with her is by drinking tea as much as possible. So his son comes over and he gets out the tea cups and starts crying because one of the tea cups he got out said Wife on it and the son makes him cheer up by getting out another cup with Old Fart written on it and they both start laughing and he says I miss her too dad. I didn't know tea ads could get so crazy.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

this broken hill posted:

teenage boys are revolting. i believe men are capable of love, but australian men in particular are so stunted and uneducated about their feelings that the only way for them to learn how love feels is for someone close to them to die, which is why i am exclusively attracted to elderly widowers

Oh yeah? Well how come there is an Australian film, Adoration (2013), where Naomi Watts and Robin Wright are lifelong best friends who have sex with each others teenage sons, who they have known from birth? How come this is shown to mess the boys up and destroy their future relationships, yet the movie still presents it as a hot erotic fantasy for women?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Moon Atari posted:

Oh yeah? Well how come there is an Australian film, Adoration (2013), where Naomi Watts and Robin Wright are lifelong best friends who have sex with each others teenage sons, who they have known from birth? How come this is shown to mess the boys up and destroy their future relationships, yet the movie still presents it as a hot erotic fantasy for women?

:stare:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

this broken hill posted:

I kinda like...feelings stuff, I guess. Is the sound of a V8 a feeling? *looks down at the ground awkwardly*

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Moon Atari posted:

i can't answer this question

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Had to look it up. The sons are 18. So it's weird but not pedo greer weird.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Hadrian was a hero. Greer did nothing wrong.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
sentient colony of huntsmans living in lady's brain use qna appearance to assuage nation's reasonable fears of mind control spiders

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-18/my-health-record-number-of-australians-opting-out-revealed/10260902

quote:

The number of Australians who have opted out of My Health Record since July 16 has been revealed.
Australian Digital Health Agency (ADHA) head Tim Kelsey told a Senate inquiry into the medical database system on Monday evening that as of September 12, the opt-out rate was about 3 per cent — roughly 900,000 people.
He warned the estimate was not comprehensive and reflected only opt outs via the website or call centre, as paper forms had not yet been reconciled.
The opt-out period, which was extended after concerns from the medical community, ends on November 15.
Every Australian with a Medicare card will automatically be given a record
unless they tell the agency they do not want one by the deadline.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
I've been in and out of a psych ward/rehab for substance abuse issues. Should I opt out of My Health? On the one hand if I have a medical issue my history will definitely be important. On the other hand I definitely don't want this stuff accessible by future employers or non-relevant government agencies.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Today the Government will be moving a motion for the Senate’s address in reply to the GG’s speech opening parliament.

This will be a continuation from, uh, over two years ago, which you may recall is when the 45th parliament opened.

The address in reply is three lines long (you can see it on today’s notice paper) and says we express our loyalty to the Most Gracious Sovereign and thanks for the speech.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Professor Dog posted:

I've been in and out of a psych ward/rehab for substance abuse issues. Should I opt out of My Health? On the one hand if I have a medical issue my history will definitely be important. On the other hand I definitely don't want this stuff accessible by future employers or non-relevant government agencies.

I was a hypochondriac for a little while after a death in the family and a close call with death myself. My GP told me, thanks to that being on my record, opting out could very well be the most important thing I do for my health going forward. It sounds like that might apply to you as well.

Edit: You can still give doctors access to your previous medical files after your first face to face, my GP just stressed how important she believes it is that doctors get to know the patient before they get to treat them as a test on a quiz. I opted out because this made sense to me.

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 18, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The guy Sudmalis is accusing is very much, "Say that again without parliamentary privilege".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Professor Dog posted:

Keep your own records, make sure your current GP has them and let a next of kin have access to them if you want to be really careful. gently caress leaving your records open to some future LNP shitshow allowing insurers or whoever else is keen to see them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

I kinda like...feelings stuff, I guess. Is the sound of a V8 a feeling? *looks down at the ground awkwardly*

Comprehensive list of feelings for Aussie Men:
Sound of a V8
A louder than average fart
Beer
Get your hand off it Robbo
Screaming slurs at an Aboriginal sportsperson
Being butthurt about being called racist
Lung dart
gently caress off we're full

Hope this helps you understand your feelings.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hooman posted:

Sound of a V8
Beer
Get your hand off it Robbo
Screaming slurs at an Aboriginal sportsperson
Being butthurt about being called racist
Lung dart
gently caress off we're full

These aren't actual feelings, so point made I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Knobb Manwich posted:

The guy Sudmalis is accusing is very much, "Say that again without parliamentary privilege".

galaxybrain lnp

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

My daughter's first word is shark.
Thanks, PM Morrison.

Thorrison.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Knobb Manwich posted:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Dog posted:

Yes, there is no way that data won’t be leaked and sold at some point

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hooman posted:

Sound of a V8

these two apply to me

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

bowmore posted:

Yes, there is no way that data won’t be leaked and sold at some point

If the Liberals get back in power in the near future, or the ALP right decide to have another good ole overton lurch, I can see this information being made available to prospective employers, much like some demand a medical and or police clearance.

It's barely even a stretch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Don Dongington posted:

If the Liberals get back in power in the near future, or the ALP right decide to have another good ole overton lurch, I can see this information being made available to prospective employers, much like some demand a medical and or police clearance.

It's barely even a stretch.
Yep, and the value of the information makes it a great prize for hackers as well

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Chadzok posted:

My daughter's first word is shark.
Thanks, PM Morrison.

Thorrison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

bowmore posted:

Yep, and the value of the information makes it a great prize for hackers as well

The Russians love their kompromat. They and the Chinese will be balls deep in this by now.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cronulla Sharks Go go gogo
Go go Sharks!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Scott Morrison's speech writer posted:

Go go Sharks!

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Foreign relationships with Pacific partners. Their islands are flooding and they won't be friends with us without the Paris agreement. Also, China is becoming better friends with them than us. ScoMo has at least one (1) good advisor.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The libs have asked Turnbull to campaign for them in Wentworth

L
M
A
O

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

BBJoey posted:

L
M
A
O

Synthbuttrange posted:

galaxybrain lnp

e: probably asking for his money too.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BBJoey posted:

L
M
A
O

Bonus is that they sent Phillip Ruddick over to the US to ask on behalf of the party

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
It'd be pretty funny if Turnbull came back and supported the Labor candidate.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Turnbull is not stupid enough to come back, right?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/npomalley/status/1041887375033479169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

Turnbull is not stupid enough to come back, right?

He might be a big enough rear end in a top hat/coward to give them halfhearted support. It's not like he's known for his backbone.

• Locked thread