Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Guy Goodbody posted:

If Obama hadn't put Clinton in his cabinet, imagine how much that would've hosed her career. What was she gonna do, find another open Senate seat? We could've been done with the Clintons. But he had to be decorous and gave her a sympathy prize, and got loving nothing out of it.

What he got out of it was the Clintons not using every dirty trick they know to undercut him during the general, which yeah he could've probably weathered because he's a once-in-a-generation campaigner, but was a concern nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Guy Goodbody posted:

If Obama hadn't put Clinton in his cabinet, imagine how much that would've hosed her career. What was she gonna do, find another open Senate seat? We could've been done with the Clintons. But he had to be decorous and gave her a sympathy prize, and got loving nothing out of it.

what are you talking about? she would have stayed in the senate until 2016 and your New York senators would have been Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer for 16 years because New York is garbage and its voters are garbage

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

They threatened the party with cutting off the spigot, and it's a threat they maintain.

Dec 26, 2012

Nonsense posted:

They threatened the party with cutting off the spigot, and it's a threat they maintain.

did they ever stop loan sharking the DNC?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

01011001 posted:

did they ever stop loan sharking the DNC?
Do The Democrats court poor people?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

What he got out of it was the Clintons not using every dirty trick they know to undercut him during the general, which yeah he could've probably weathered because he's a once-in-a-generation campaigner, but was a concern nonetheless.

he could of at least given her something else after the election ended. like idk, postmaster general

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Nastier Nate posted:

what are you talking about? she would have stayed in the senate until 2016 and your New York senators would have been Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer for 16 years because New York is garbage and its voters are garbage

For some reason I thought she didn't run for reelection after her first term. I guess because literally the only thing she did as a Senator that is ever mentioned is voting for the Iraq War

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
look at all the high-profile ghouls dropping a few hundred bucks on that gofundme

https://mobile.twitter.com/unabanned/status/1041793329095221249

Robby Mook and David Axelrod dropping $250 each, Jen Palmieri and Tim Kaine shelling out the big bucks at $500 each

they're rich as hell and they can't even donate a grand

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glu9wA4HjE0

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

well if he didnt bribe her with that she absolutely would have done everything she could to see that he lost to mccain

he could have and probably should have reneged on the deal afterwards. its not like it was publicly announced prior to the election

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Few things make me as angry as a medical gofundme. That basic loving medical care has to be subject to whoever can come up with the most maudlin online campaign is disgusting.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

well if he didnt bribe her with that she absolutely would have done everything she could to see that he lost to mccain

he could have and probably should have reneged on the deal afterwards. its not like it was publicly announced prior to the election

he absolutely didn't need to cut a deal with her

the establishment publicly trying to ratfuck the most popular and charismatic Dem in a generation right at the beginning of the Great Recession would have backfired incredibly badly

the backlash among the Dem base would have totally dwarfed the current leftist uprising

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/cobrakeiser/status/1041866005402791936?s=21

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Main Paineframe posted:

look at all the high-profile ghouls dropping a few hundred bucks on that gofundme

https://mobile.twitter.com/unabanned/status/1041793329095221249

Robby Mook and David Axelrod dropping $250 each, Jen Palmieri and Tim Kaine shelling out the big bucks at $500 each

they're rich as hell and they can't even donate a grand

lmao I make 55 grand a year and still donate $600 a year to Doctors without Borders. Just a reminder that the wealthy are selfish dragons sitting atop their gold hordes and they all need to be beaten to death with Havel's Dragon Tooth

Is this real? How have we not guillotined these people? :psyduck: Edit - Just re-read it and while it isn't real I stand by my guillotine stance

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 18, 2018

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

someone kill Jeff Bezos please and everyone like him thanks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

MeatwadIsGod posted:

lmao I make 55 grand a year and still donate $600 a year to Doctors without Borders. Just a reminder that the wealthy are selfish dragons sitting atop their gold hordes and they all need to be beaten to death with Havel's Dragon Tooth

Is this real? How have we not guillotined these people? :psyduck: Edit - Just re-read it and while it isn't real I stand by my guillotine stance

its fake lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I thought this was real until the bladder part

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

maybe...they should just stop raping?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

loquacius posted:

I thought this was real until the bladder part

hell I still thought it was real after that part

THS
Sep 15, 2017

its a good troll, almost getfiscal quality

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

can we still guillotine him though

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

lol at all those hillary tweets

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Graphic posted:

can we still guillotine him though

i think bezos needs to be drawn and quartered tbh

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

hell I still thought it was real after that part

same

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Il Federale posted:

imagine how many millions of people would sign up if she was to be executed by firing squad

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

imagine how many millions of people would sign up if she was to be executed by firing squad

Trump still hasn't figured out the incredible ratings he'd get from this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Trump still hasn't figured out the incredible ratings he'd get from this

if he actually does lock her up he wins re election guaranteed no matter what

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Oh look Michele Obama is doing a speaking tour, getting in on that sweet grift action. I wonder how much tickets are...they can’t be more than what...$40?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Owlbear Camus posted:

To put the numbers in perspective: I'm trying to picture what kind of an inhuman monster I'd be if I had a grand in the bank, rent and groceries were all paid up, and I could help a buddy with his cancer for TWO DOLLARS and was like "nah I'm gonna see if I can get homeless people to give him pennies instead."

Hillary Rodham Clinton is a damned ghoul and it's amazing in retrospect anyone thought people weren't going to see right through the flimsy mask of humanity.

It's really nuts how evil rich people in general are. If I had that kind of money I'd just give a bunch of money to random people, because as long as I had a few million left myself I'd still be able to fulfill all my wildest desires. Choosing to retain any wealth above the point at which you could make 6 figures from the returns is just incredibly evil.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Percelus posted:

He should be locked in a warehouse and forced to mail out $50,000 checks to the poorest Americans and every time he doesn't make that hour's quota the shock collar turns up another notch.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the csl plasma center in franklin mills is always packed i'm sure the people of philly would be grateful to sell plasma half a dozen times to buy tickets for the slay queen

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Percelus posted:

Yeah, when you're talking about billioinaires it sort of goes beyond mere guillotining; there needs to be an example set so that people will think twice before indulging in their greed to that extent.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Percelus posted:

the csl plasma center in franklin mills is always packed i'm sure the people of philly would be grateful to sell plasma half a dozen times to buy tickets for the slay queen

I already put my first born up for sale so I can afford the $5,000 floor seats
(Not a joke, that’s what they’re going for on ticketmaster)

Also: it’s PHILADELPHIA MILLS now bud get with the times

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/cajun_ice/status/1041820529542352896?s=19

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I did this calculation before

http://pets.costhelper.com/pony.html - adds up to $6,658 (round to $6,700) in maintenance per year
https://www.thesprucepets.com/how-much-do-horses-cost-1886151

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/papers/2017/USBudgetaryCostsFY2018 - $5.6 trillion on War on Terror by end of Fiscal Year 2018

It comes out to enough to buy every American seventeen ponies or a single pony and two years of maintenance costs.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Il Federale posted:

holy loly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted: