Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wind in the Willows sucks rear end

The book or the animated short by Disney that accompanies The Legend of Sleepy Hallow? This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Elfgames posted:

Holy poo poo the wrongness. Boneless wings don't have half the flavor of good wingmeat and you don't loving bread a god damned chicken wing like half the point of a chicken wing is the slightly crispy chicken skin. Boneless chicken wings are just chicken nuggets and if you are going to eat them at least like dunk them in sauce so they aren't gross and soggy.

"gross and soggy"

pfft, like they're not just delivery mechanisms for Buffalo sauce

I suck the sauce off my boneless wings and spit them back out

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

The book or the animated short by Disney that accompanies The Legend of Sleepy Hallow? This is important.

the book

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

hawowanlawow posted:

"gross and soggy"

pfft, like they're not just delivery mechanisms for Buffalo sauce

Exactly. That's what the breading is for, to soak up the sauce. It will never get completely soggy anyway if they do it right. There's a middle ground where they are perfect. If the thing I valued most was crispiness I'd just be eating regular fried chicken.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

SLOSifl posted:

Eat the whole wings and poop the bones out like an owl or get out, that’s my rule.

So, essentially, scoop up the field mice? PUSH OUT THE BONES!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If I wanted tasty meat I wouldn’t be eating meat that’s fried and then tossed in one or more sauces and then dunked in another sauce.

It’s a buffalo and blue cheese delivery system consumed after three pints.

Also “bleu” isn’t pronounced the same as “blue” and “bleu cheese” looks and sounds dumb as gently caress.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bleughhhhh cheese.

Hon hon hon.

Oui oui, baguette.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Aramek posted:

Bleughhhhh cheese.

Hon hon hon.

Oui oui, baguette.

Muzzy claims another victim.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

burial posted:

Muzzy claims another victim.

JE SUIS LA JEUNE FILLE

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Pastry of the Year posted:

JE SUIS LA JEUNE FILLE

:hfive:

I knew somebody would come through for me; I just didn’t know it’d be you.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

JE SUIS LA JEUNE FILLE

Yes, that's French they're speaking. And no, these children aren't French--they're American.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
People who complain about vegans are far more insufferable than actual vegans

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

MizPiz posted:

People who complain about vegans are far more insufferable than actual vegans

I have yet to meet an insufferable vegan. Mostly they just seem to be like "well I made this choice because [reason] but I won't force it on anybody." They only really bring it up when it matters. Like if they're at a potluck of course they'll want to know what has animal in it.

I imagine that's what most people get annoyed with. The vegan at the party wants to know what is ok for a vegan and what isn't so of loving course they'll ask. Nothing wrong with that.

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

Close the world, Open the nExt

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I have yet to meet an insufferable vegan. Mostly they just seem to be like "well I made this choice because [reason] but I won't force it on anybody." They only really bring it up when it matters. Like if they're at a potluck of course they'll want to know what has animal in it.

I imagine that's what most people get annoyed with. The vegan at the party wants to know what is ok for a vegan and what isn't so of loving course they'll ask. Nothing wrong with that.

I think those insufferable vegans were insufferable meat eaters before.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Vegetarianism, veganism, and being gluten free are just three small things on the long list of poo poo insufferable people use to talk about themselves

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's also paleo and Crossfit

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

JE SUIS LA JEUNE FILLE

BOOOONNNNJJOOOOUUURRRRR

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I dunno, there was one in the PYF creepy and unnerving thread who said it was hypocritical to be creeped out by serial killers but buy meat from a butcher but it felt like I was seeing a rare and exotic bird

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

fruit on the bottom posted:

I dunno, there was one in the PYF creepy and unnerving thread who said it was hypocritical to be creeped out by serial killers but buy meat from a butcher but it felt like I was seeing a rare and exotic bird

They definitely exist but I've never met an obnoxious vegan or vegetarian in person. Seems like that's a minority or maybe i just got really lucky.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
turns out people are more obnoxious on the internet than in person

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

“bleu cheese” looks and sounds dumb as gently caress.

This is undeniably true. You're not French, Americans, stop pretending you are.

Also, it's pronounced "herb", not "erb".

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

starkebn posted:

turns out people are more obnoxious on the internet than in person

On the other hand people who get really mad about the existence of Vegans are just as annoying irl as on the internet.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

On the other hand people who get really mad about the existence of Vegans are just as annoying irl as on the internet.

I have however met people that get angry that vegans exist. You know, the I'll eat three animals for every one you don't types. That's insufferable too because it's like, how is that any of your business? Just let the vegans vegan.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's what I was saying :confused:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Tiggum posted:

At this point a good third of the language is made of French loanwords. The war is over.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tiggum posted:

How do you pronounce "rendezvous"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

That's what I was saying :confused:

I'm bored, ok?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I am still watching Raocow, a French Canadian, do LPs and it's kind of disorienting whenever he pronounces a French loanword the French way.

Like he was reading a thing that was talking about a level named "20000 Leagues Under the Sea" and was all "this is a reference to the novel by JOOVELN."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

How do you pronounce "rendezvous"

"Meet up."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ultima66 posted:

...a French Canadian... he pronounces a French loanword the French way.

Ça ne compute pas

TABARNAK CALISSE

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I have however met people that get angry that vegans exist. You know, the I'll eat three animals for every one you don't types. That's insufferable too because it's like, how is that any of your business? Just let the vegans vegan.

I remember making jokes like that as a teenager, but it honestly fucks me up that people are serious about poo poo like that. Who loving cares what other people eat?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leavemywife posted:

I remember making jokes like that as a teenager, but it honestly fucks me up that people are serious about poo poo like that. Who loving cares what other people eat?

On that topic, it's completely fine to order a well-done steak

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Leavemywife posted:

its annoying on both sides with people whining about vegans and vegans whining about non-vegans, but thats the beauty of free speech, you can whine about whatever, whenever

Guy Goodbody posted:

On that topic, it's completely fine to order a well-done steak

personally, i like my steaks medium rare, a lil on the rarer side, but i'm not gonna knock anyone for getting a fully cooked steak.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I like steaks best when I grill them myself. They’re probably exceedingly mediocre, but I just grilled it so I’m always like “drat, that’s good.”

Also they are usually whatever it is when they aren’t bleeding anymore but still a bit pink in some middle spots.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We talking about steak? My preference changes depending on the cut. Usually rare to medium. Hamburgers I always get medium well.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I can only derive sustenance from creatures on the cusp of death, from that brief interlude when they transition from life to the world beyond.

It sounds hardcore, but it’s actually a major pain to deal with.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

fruit on the bottom posted:

I can only derive sustenance from creatures on the cusp of death, from that brief interlude when they transition from life to the world beyond.

It sounds hardcore, but it’s actually a major pain to deal with.

We should hang out. I’m fairly certain I’ve been on the cusp of death for awhile now? but I am technically young so that’s gotta be a bonus.

Come on, f-boots. Finish this.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Beef is so expensive, and you have to eat so much of it before you're even slightly likely to get mad cow.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Caufman posted:

Beef is so expensive, and you have to eat so much of it before you're even slightly likely to get mad cow.

If you want a mad cow why not just tell them their mama's fat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I might've said it before, but it came up today: The British shouldn't criticize Americans for Imperial measurements because
A) It's their fault we did it in the first place
B) They still measure weight in stone

Everybody else is allowed to criticize us, though!